Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 12-15-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Hypnotherapy, Out-of-Body Experiences, and Their Therapeutic Uses

http://www.naturalnews.com/025062.html

(NaturalNews) An out-of-body experience, or OBE, involves the feeling of floating outside of one`s physical body. Some people report being able to see their physical body while having an OBE. According to researchers an OBE has therapeutic benefits for people including helping them cope with stress. ScienceDaily reports that one in ten people will have an out-of-body experience in their lifetime.

There are several different types of out-of-body experiences. One occurs during sleep. People who have had an OBE during sleep have also reported having a lucid dream prior to the OBE. They also said that their sleep was not deep. Another type of OBE occurs in near-death experiences. It is thought that either mental or physical traumatic events could cause such an OBE to occur.

Out-of-body experiences can also be induced mechanically, chemically, or mentally. Mechanically an OBE can be induced by binaural beats, electrical stimulation, and sensory overload. Chemically, an OBE can be produced with hallucinogens. Lastly, an OBE can be induced mentally through hypnosis and meditation.

An OBE coincides with astral projection is the belief that your mind can be separate from the body. Often times, people who have had an OBE state that they have looked at their own bodies when they have managed to separate themselves from it. It's difficult to determine exactly what causes an OBE but researchers say that hypnosis can help induce such a state.

In 2004, an article appeared in the American Journal of Psychotherapy about hypnosis and out-of-body experiences. The article addressed a study that had been performed on three individuals where out-of-body experiences were induced through hypnotherapy.

Researchers involved in the study wanted to see how out-of-body experiences would affect the patients view of themselves and if it would influence their behavior. The three participants in the study each had different issues to be addressed.

The researchers concluded that an OBE greatly improved the therapeutic benefits for each of the patients. The article said that an out-of-body experience works best with highly suggestible people.

There are several reasons why out of body experiences work so well in a therapeutic treatment. When someone is treated for anxiety issues, an out of body experience helps the patient better cope with these issues. Also, a form of treatment is to have the patient "separate" themselves from the issues they are having; an OBE can have tremendous benefits in this situation.

It can focus on the idea that we generally are never able to truly see ourselves the way others can. With hope, the mind can alter states for the better and truly change the life of the person experiencing it.

Source
Meyerson, J. & Gelkopf, M. (2004). Therapeutic Utilization of Spontaneous Out-of-Body Experiences in Hypnotherapy. American Journal of Psychotherapy, 58(1): 90-102.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
Sol Invictus
Banned

Default Re: Hypnotherapy, Out-of-Body Experiences, and Their Therapeutic Uses

Powers that be have used colours and traumatic training for decades to achieve the same result but in reverse.

They just split the personality into 2/3/4 or more seperate 'facets' each with its own distinctive personality to achieve a desired aim.

I for one wouldn't trust a 'professional' hypnotherapist with this even if it was the last resorted treatment on earth. Id rather have a wee bit of stress thanks.
Sol Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Get a bottle of Lagavullin dine yer; no stress!!lol.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
Sol Invictus
Banned

Prefere a cheeky vimto myself few pints of that and its stress free all the way baby!
Sol Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:10 AM   #5
Barron
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Sol Invictus.

Like any natural healing modality there are those that have received professional training, sometimes involving years of study and continue to study and upskill and belong to Natioanlly recognised organisations and are fully qualified with qualifications that are recognised and mean something.
And so, if you were to visit one of those hypnotherapists then i doubt you would have any problems.

I am qualified in Hypnotherapy and have studied it for many years and am also a member of the largest Hypnotherapy organisation in the world and hypnotherapy in my opinion is one of the most effective natural healing modalities out there.

I am simply saying the above as in your post, it came across as generalising hypnotherapy/ hypnotherapists and wanted to "balance" your comments.

Peace and Season's Greetings to you.
Barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:53 AM   #6
avyaktam
Avalon Senior Member

I for one wouldn't trust a 'professional' hypnotherapist with this even if it was the last resorted treatment on earth. Id rather have a wee bit of stress thanks.

For me this a very important point. Hypno and brain synch are very powerful, but how do you know that the one who created it has good intent? So I find it dangerous ground to tread, just as the astral is a very dangerous and deceitful domain to go to.
avyaktam is offline   Reply With Quote