Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:58 AM   #151
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Radiant zones and communities building..where are we up to ?

Bless you, Brook!
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:32 AM   #152
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
Since you wanted to link this thread with the proposition thread...I had a response...here it is
Brook I don't see the reason you are posting this here.
This thread is not linked to the " proposition " thread.
Your post in not relevant here .

Loving kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:35 AM   #153
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Good. Now we are inpatiently expecting the TtC and Northern Boy proposals and drafts, so we can analyze and compare all of the proposals given so far. If there are common elements, we could start to establish them as recommendation patterns, untill we get some whole possible structure of the RZ community.

Respect
I think you meant to say " Northern Sanctuary "

Loving kindness
mudra
Old 07-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #154
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

Yes. Sorry.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #155
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

A Message from the Crows

March 9, 2009

This morning, a crow flew by and landed in the apple tree out back. I felt it was a sign. As I was leaving the house heading to the chapel, several crows were having what I call “caw-versations” in the trees around the house. I sensed this was a sign. I was standing on the platform waiting for the metro train, when a crow landed on the station sign about 50 feet away. I knew this was a sign…

Arriving at the Elder’s Cabin, I sat on the front porch. Sitting. Sensing. Listening. Waiting. Smiling. The Elder’s came out of the cabin and sat with me on the front porch. From behind me, one of them said, “You got our message, we see.” I laughed, “Crows from you are the equivalent of e-mails, instant messages and texting. Yes, I got the message.” We all laughed.

The Elder of Air asked, “What do crows symbolize for you?” I sat, looking out into the land, listening. “Ancestors; flying into the unknown, yet knowing my way; and fearless, yet cautious.” Those words seem to flow from my mouth, effortlessly. The Elder of Earth, smirking, said, “So Crowwman [this name given to me years ago by one of my teachers], what does the crow tell you about you in this moment?” I replied, “Knowing and remembering my connection with the ancestors as I fly into the unknown, yet knowing my way, being fearless yet cautious.” I felt a sense of power and strength as I spoke those words. Fearless, yet cautious…I can see that in myself…sometimes. I continued sitting on the porch, being in company with the Elders.

“You are embarking on a new journey, a whole new world, into the unknown with a knowing. And it feels, as you describe it, weighty. What you are experiencing, honor that,” from the Elder of Water. “Honor it. Respect it. Honor you.”

The Elder of Earth spoke, “As you climb the mountain, you cannot see the mountain in its entirety. You only see that part that is around you. Even when you reach the top, you still cannot see the fullness of the mountain. Only when you are away from the mountain, a distance away, only then can you appreciate the whole experience. Right now you are climbing the mountain and seeing only what is around you. That is okay. Honor where you are now.”

The Elder of Air said, “Young old man, as I connect to your heart, I do not sense fear of what is being asked of you. I do not sense fear at all. You need to connect to your heart and allow that energy to guide you. And remember that she guided you to breathe in ‘the light’ into your heart. Now allow the light to feed your spirit.”

“Young old man, be well, be gentle and be in the knowing of love,” said the Elder of Earth.

All of them went back into the cabin. I stayed on the front porch. I wanted to breathe in the mountain air, take in the scenery and ingest the energy, wisdom and love they shared.

This evening, I walked home and saw two crows sitting in the big tree in the backyard. I smiled a “thank you” smile to the Elders.

http://www.intent.com/blog/2009/03/0...-message-crows
Old 07-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #156
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

When we take things

pesonaly

there is usualy suffering

and allways

lessons being learnt...

be free

and react not

learn and grow

in service to the one

forget about yourself ..

and remember ...

do we need to be right

respect and listen

agree to disagree

win and lose ?

right and wrong ?

put a little love in your heart ..

one love ....

rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #157
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Only in love are unity and duality not in conflict.

~ Rabindranath Tagore

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=15149

Loving kindness

mudra
Old 07-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #158
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythm View Post
When we take things

pesonaly

there is usualy suffering

and allways

lessons being learnt...

be free

and react not

learn and grow

in service to the one

forget about yourself ..

and remember ...

do we need to be right

respect and listen

agree to disagree

win and lose ?

right and wrong ?

put a little love in your heart ..

one love ....
Thank you Rhythm very well said

Love from me
mudra
Old 07-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #159
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

Rhythm:"... be free and react not..."

My deep bow to your Wisdom and Love, Rhythm.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #160
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

We are all longing to go home to some place we have never been — a place half-remembered and half-envisioned we can only catch glimpses of from time to time. Community. Somewhere, there are people to whom we can speak with passion without having the words catch in our throats. Somewhere a circle of hands will open to receive us, eyes will light up as we enter, voices will celebrate with us whenever we come into our own power. Community means strength that joins our strength to do the work that needs to be done. Arms to hold us when we falter. A circle of healing. A circle of friends. Someplace where we can be free.

Starhawk

Loving kindness
mudra
Old 07-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #161
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Brook I don't see the reason you are posting this here.
This thread is not linked to the " proposition " thread.
Your post in not relevant here .

Loving kindness
mudra
This is why Mudra...

No not at all dear..
But TtC is now with us on that thread I opened.
This will allow a wider public to be informed of where
we are up to as regard communities.
Hopefully he can have a new chance to put his proposition across.
He is a fine man.Has a lot to offer and really deserves
to be listened to .

Loving kindness
mudra

you have put your stamp of approval on this Indigo boy who cannot speak for himself...but wants people to trust in him without giving the one simple thing we all want to hear from him....

If he does not believe in the things we are all worried might come about..or a NWO....again I have to ask and keep having to ask..but get no answer...and I believe he does need to speak for himself...

tTc...what is your vision for this you seek to build?
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #162
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Good. Now we are inpatiently expecting the TtC and Northern Boy proposals and drafts, so we can analyze and compare all of the proposals given so far. If there are common elements, we could start to establish them as recommendation patterns, untill we get some whole possible structure of the RZ community.

Respect
Wrong Northern .......... Northern Sanctuary
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #163
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Bless you, Brook!

Thank you Oliver..and may your endevor of finding and building a radient zone serve you well....

It is of the opinion I do not believe that radient zones should be built...on the contrary....I just live in a world where I have seen people of good hearts, get burned very badly.

If a radient zone is what you are seeking..may your journey be safe...and you follow the path of light and love.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #164
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtC View Post
I know I may have thrown some of you off with the original proposition, but my offer still stands. Some of the greenhouses are nearing completion on one of the properties. Electrical is in final construction stages (as the testing was successful) to begin self-sustaining community power.

I will be setting up safe zones in many other states including KY, OH, GA, WA, ID, CO, AB, BC, ON, and the original one in MT. There will be one in Argentina and Brazil as well, come the semi-near future. I will also be buying houses across the globe as a network of safe houses for travelers to lodge at while abroad.

I will say one thing: do not rush your plans as insecurity can be disastrous. One weak link in the chain can mean life or death.
As to the urgency of the matter of Life and death..after you have told me that you do not believe that there will be and impending catastrophy ...can you tell me why the need for safe houses? I'm getting a mixed message from you ttc. Why the necessity for "safe zones" in your message?

I know why others have the need for them...but you have personally told me that you do not believe anything of the sort will happen.

So again I ask you..what is your vision

Last edited by BROOK; 07-26-2009 at 03:19 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #165
artvision
Avalon Senior Member

Tried to paste document, but an error happened!

Last edited by artvision; 07-25-2009 at 07:22 PM.
artvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #166
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

it was there for an instant now gone
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #167
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
This is why Mudra...

No not at all dear..
But TtC is now with us on that thread I opened.
This will allow a wider public to be informed of where
we are up to as regard communities.
Hopefully he can have a new chance to put his proposition across.
He is a fine man.Has a lot to offer and really deserves
to be listened to .

Loving kindness
mudra
I understand now Brook. Thank you for clarification.

TtC is here on this thread on the same grounds as are all other persons working at the moment at building communities as Gio, Carmen, Artvision, NorthernSanctuary, wormhole...etc..

[/quote]you have put your stamp of approval on this Indigo boy who cannot speak for himself...but wants people to trust in him without giving the one simple thing we all want to hear from him....[/quote]

I have spoken to TtC two times in life conversations. He clearly laid out the vision he has of the communities he wants to build. He answered to my questions without any problem. I find him a decent young man that knows where he goes , has given it deep thought and has the assets to stand for his vision. I don't see any reason he should'nt be given a chance to speak as all others already here and the future ones to come.

I asked him to make a statement of his vision and to post it here. This should be done shortly so all know what it is about. I totally agree with you Brook that this is an important step and must be made for the purpose of clarity and to close the door to speculations.
He will then and is already answering genuine questions that people interested may have through life conversations. I think this is decent enough .

If he does not believe in the things we are all worried might come about..or a NWO....again I have to ask and keep having to ask..but get no answer...and I believe he does need to speak for himself...

I don't think we are " all " worried about what might come as cataclysms or NWO. I do understand those that are but I personnally am not afraid and do not hold any pessimistic visions .As you say these are " might come " . I believe it's just the same for him. He is just looking to a better way of life for all and his proposal stands along these guide lines.

I believe it would be in the interest of all that the two of you talk and clear whatever got you untangled. I know your Brook .I know all you have done in Avalon. There is nothing you have to prove or defend there.The light you brought stands on its own.
My personnal feelings are that the position you have today as regard TtC might be based on profound misunderstanding. He has responsability in the course it took as you have your own.

Also lays in both your hands the fact that you can bring it to a higher and more constructive echelon .
There is no happiness to be find in conflict but great joy comes when love and understanding are applied to matters .
If we want to build a better future , a new world we have to start this between each other.It can only be positive to everyone .

Would you be willing to do so ?

Loving kindness
mudra
Old 07-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #168
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

I don't think we are " all " worried about what might come as cataclysms or NWO. I do understand those that are but I personnally am not afraid and do not hold any pessimistic visions .As you say these are " might come " . I believe it's just the same for him. He is just looking to a better way of life for all and his proposal stands along these guide lines.

I agree Mudra...however..a mixed message from TtC tells me that the use of the word "safe zones" tells one thing as he as stated in the above post...

I will be setting up safe zones in many other states including KY, OH, GA, WA, ID, CO, AB, BC, ON, and the original one in MT. There will be one in Argentina and Brazil as well, come the semi-near future. I will also be buying houses across the globe as a network of safe houses for travelers to lodge at while abroad.

I will say one thing: do not rush your plans as insecurity can be disastrous. One weak link in the chain can mean life or death.

And he has again expressed something quite different to me.
The Original one in Montana..is of importance..as that was found to be the largest oil find in North America...and what better way to get the drilling started, but to develope the roads, provide housing to the drillers, and set things up..this was my first thought when I came across this..but it is only speculation on my part...and once the set up is finished...out ya go..this is my worry and caution.

However I know this is not the intention of all of the people involved in setting up radient zones..and their intention is honorable. When asked for spicifics...the questions were vague and ambiguous at most...and the questions still exist today.

Would you be willing to do so ?

Certainly...as long as the questions are actually answered. I won't be swayed by statements such as
"I cannot create in someone else's reality"...that is not an answer...you ask a queston..you should get an answer...if the answer does not make sense, clarify it make it clear the intent ...

So I am waiting ...to hear of this vision...and dialogue of a respectable manner will insue...No games..just plain talk. Right here, right now...not in some off base place, but for everyone here to see, so their unanswered questions can be answered as well

Last edited by BROOK; 07-25-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #169
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Thank you Brook .
I trust the matter will clear up.
All it takes is good will from all parties.

Let's keep the focus on love, respect and understanding.

Loving kindness
mudra
Old 07-25-2009, 11:09 PM   #170
artvision
Avalon Senior Member

Here is the suggested outline for the Radiant Zone Guide. Feel free to suggest more things, or to delete from that outline. I would kindly like when suggesting something, please specify where you want to add:.

Always say in reference to complete number. Example:
Reference to 1.2.12 I do want to add: The signs for SHTF are:....."(just as an example how to refer to different paragraphs)

Awaiting your feedbacks!

Artvision
================================================== ==========================================

RADIANT ZONE GUIDE

INTRODUCTORY WORD

Here is a guide outliner based on different books and documents read.

This doc is desired to be just as an outliner, meaning a collection of important issues that should not be overlooked when someone decide to create a Radiant Zone, that is a place of relative safety when SHTF, in our volatile world we live in.

What should be then of most value that a collection of proven be working advices, of how to organize and make that retreat without give too much thought when is pressure of world coming apart. Of course one can read things on internet, but when the time is pressing, you need put in pace a lot of things, systems, etc. With our collection at hand, we want to believe, you will find some pertinent answers.

This document is hosted on the Avalon Forum, where the concept of Radiant Zones emerged, or at least started being documented. Our desire is all the people can read, comment and contribute to it. Thus, we need people with some experience in these related disciplines, covered here, to give us a feedback, offer information, or to correct issues.

Everything is open to debates and the final goal will be, to create "The Radiant Zones Guide", such as a set of directory lines, if somebody will follow up, will be in a safe side when a major SHTF scenario will hit.

We need to prune first this draft outliner, then we will flesh up each chapter and subchapter with information. Please, that everything you are stating, you must to offer the reason, or the rationale for that, just be convincing even for non seasoned people in that matters.

Will be a difficult and painful job, but the outcome that is a helper for people in case of need, will be much worthing the effort, also I want to start our work with the words of God, which is recommendable to do in any initiative of ours:

"Prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished. "[Proverbs 27:12]

All the best!
Artvision

1. RATIONALE ABOUT THE RADIANT ZONE

1.1 What Are Radiant Zones
1.1.1 Define the Radiant Zones

1.2 Questions about Radiant Zones
1.2.1 Intrinsic need for safety of humans is the base to start a Radiant Zone
1.2.2 Is the survival instinct good? But is moral? Is intrinsic coded in the genetics of every living beings. How can humans evolve from the basic existentialist desire and reach other forms?
1.2.3 We should think as: The concept of continuity of government, COG, survival of the fittest as Darwinist concept?
1.2.4 Or maybe, our survival idea is based on other mentalities rather than pure selfish instinct of survival as we see in government mentality, such Darwinist concepts
1.2.5 The world around us is on a verge of collapse-can we see that
1.2.6 Do we want be staying in affected places of SHTF and be susceptible to massive trauma even death, or we try escape?
1.2.7 Why do I need join with a bunch of other people? Isn't enough if I manage myself to escape for the first wave of the SHTF? Why should I listen and act also in benefit for the others? Why if the decision of other are endangering my personal security?
1.2.8 How we can avoid asking ourselves devastating questions such as above?
1.2.9 How the people you will be with!
1.2.10 Is worth the effort and resources consumption for make a safe Zone?
1.2.11 What if the SHTF never happening?
1.2.12 What are the signs showing a SHTF is approaching or just start to rollout?

1.3 Possible SHTF scenarios
1.3.1 Economic Crash, banks, currency, stock crash
1.3.2 Chemical attack or just damaging a nearby chemical plant
1.3.3 Nuclear threat
1.3.4 Dirty bomb terrorist threat
1.3.5 Devastating meteorological event: tornados, massive storms
1.3.6 Earthquakes
1.3.7 Massive land slides
1.3.8 Eruption of volcanos
1.3.9 Extended famine caused by excessive drought
1.3.10 EMP from sun or man produced
1.3.11 Take over of the government by the underground forces
1.3.12 Psychotronic attack of many important cities and towns of a nation
1.3.13 Chaos created by the imminent landing of ET
1.3.14 Total disruptment of our society by an alien attack
1.3.15 Devastating war
1.3.16 Devastating Pandemics such 1918
1.3.17 Release of biological agents such Staphylococcus aureus, or Necrotizing Fasciitis or a new type of plague of unknown origins, or maybe Bird Flu
1.3.18 Total disruption of International naval transport due to some marine extraterestrial attacking the vessels, leading to a profound lack of goods in many part of the globe
1.3.19 An extraordinary fast and massive cool down of some regions, leading to a total collapse of that region
1.3.20 A meteoritic impact followed by a shower of small meteorites, falling over a large surface of earth
1.3.21 The magnetic poles of Earth heavily shifted by the influence of a nearby passing of a celestial body
1.3.22 Utterly degradation of the human DNA, leading to massive epidemics of cancers and tumors, in a large part of population. Nobody know why, but is feared there is a new type of high energy particle weapon fired form Deep Space.
1.3.23 Destruction of a large surfaces of Terra, in the area heavily exposed to chemtrails where these chemtrails are filtering the light but letting UV passing trough, acting such a focal lens
1.3.24 Major disruption of our society because all the satellites and flying craft are shoot down by some unknown entities
1.3.25 Massive social revolts, riots and upheavals in relation with the current economic crisis, job cuts and overall deterioration of living standard.

1.4 Is worth for me, to engage in a Radiant Zone or not?
1.4.1 PRO's:
1.4.1.1 Possibility of saving your life and the family
1.4.1.2 Good way to met and become friend with like minded persons
1.4.1.3 Lots of things to learn, lots of skills to acquire
1.4.1.4 Living in the nature, with a more ecological prospect than living in city

1.4.2 CON's:
1.4.2.1 Cost, time and emotional implications
1.4.2.2 Maybe family member mock on me calling me a cuckoo!
1.4.2.3 Other can call us fear mongers or hysterics?
1.4.2.4 What if never arrive to the Radiant Zone After SHTF?
1.4.2.5 What if I'm not getting along with the rest of the members after a while when tensions increasing
1.4.2.6 What if governments ban such remote area retreats, on flimsy grounds?

1.5 PEOPLE - consolidating the GROUP
1.5.1 Startup-ers
1.5.2 Members Selection Criteria
1.5.2.1 Good Behaving
1.5.2.2 Similitude
1.5.2.2.1 Same Mindset
1.5.2.2.2 Same Wishes & Desires
1.5.2.2.3 Same religion (or at least non antagonistic!)
1.5.2.3 Skills: to be cover multitude important qualification
1.5.2.3.1 Doctors, Nurses, Dentists
1.5.2.3.2 Militars
1.5.2.3.3 Agriculture and cattle raising
1.5.2.3.4 Mechanics: auto, different issue
1.5.2.3.5 Electricians/Electronists
1.5.2.3.6 Carpenters
1.5.2.3.7 Blacksmits
1.5.2.3.8 Gunsmiths
1.5.2.3.9 IT
1.5.2.3.10 Logistics
1.5.2.3.11 Cooking
1.5.2.3.12 Preserving Foods
1.5.2.3.13 Educators, professors
1.5.2.4 What can that member offer
1.5.2.4.1 Skills
1.5.2.4.2 Knowledge
1.5.2.4.3 Stuff personally accumulated for survival can share
1.5.2.5 Voting in accepting new members
1.5.3 Sharing the responsibilities
1.5.3.1 According with training & skill
1.5.3.2 All should be aware that need to work together and no fuss about
1.5.3.3 All should learn military training, health exercises, bit of crafts, agriculture
1.5.4 People need meet periodically before start construct Radiating Zone, retreat etc

1.6 Searching a proper zone
1.6.1 Factor take i account when selecting a Radiant Zone

1.7 Starting Organizing a retreat
1.7.1 Establish Book of conduit
1.7.1.1 Democratic: 1 person=1 vote
1.7.1.2 example: Native Indians Code of Ethics
1.7.1.3 Amish People
1.7.2 Establish set of procedures: "what to do if, that or that happens"
1.7.3 Establish what scenarios will cover their retreat
1.7.4 Establish what will be their supplies, provisions of food, medical, fuels, etc
1.7.5 Establish their tools, weapons and ammunitions
1.7.5.1 Important rule: Interchangeability: not to many different types of same issue
1.7.5.1.1 By that, parts from one can be replaced to another, also storing a limited number of parts will increase the probability find something when need
1.7.5.1.2 AMMO calibers be easy swappable between guns, pistols, etc
1.7.6 Establish their systems of protection
1.7.7 Establish system of defense
1.7.8 Establish system of communication

2. TO BUG-OUT FROM YOUR HOUSE WHEN SHTF, OR JUST LIVE IN RETREAT, WELL IN ADVANCE?

To Bug-Out from your home that is in the middle of the problem and try to make it hundreds or maybe thousands of KM to arrive in the retreat when the world started already to disintegrate, when roads are infested with non moving car because no gasoline, or just live comfortably to the retreat, in the Radiant ZONE already?
It is an important decison!
But if your life, responsibility are requesting you to live away from the retreat, at least you should keep the most of provisions of food, water, equipment, tools and medicines, at retreat already in the responsibility of a caretaker.
Watch for the signs for the collapsing of society and bug-out immediately is possible.
For doing safely that distance and arriving in one piece at the retreat, you should prepare the vehicle, with food, important documents, valuableas and defensive means. Try not take all house with you. As light go, more sure will arrive retreat after SHTF.
All procedures in places, maps, etc should be prepared in time.

2.1 Dilemma Bug-Out or permanently live in retreat
2.1.1 Bug-out when SHTF
2.1.1.1 Will be Dangerous
2.1.1.2 Difficult to arive to Radiant Zone
2.1.2 Live already in the retreat
2.1.2.1 Seems better option
2.1.2.2 Maybe boring
2.1.2.3 Will get used with the people and accumulate needed skills

2.2 Store stuff in advance in retreat
2.2.1 Because when SHTF limited amounts can be transported
2.2.2 All the food, medicines and hardware should already be stored in RZ
2.2.3 Mostly heavy gear, food provisions, grains
2.2.4 This leads to problems if non live in retreat who will rotate all that food
2.2.5 Better there is already a family or two, look after the retreat, all time

2.3 For Bug-Out well prepared in advance
2.3.1 Watch carefully after signs SHTF is about start; share info within your circle
2.3.1.1 Watch the financial news regularly; Stock composed indices
2.3.1.2 Keep informed from internet
2.3.1.3 Listen in Short waves other countries / continents radio broadcastings
2.3.1.4 Watch any strange movements of people, troops or other changes in the city
2.3.1.5 Keep scnning the frequencies of Police, Firefighters, Hospitals Ambulance System, Sherrif, truck driver communications: everything locally on radio communication in clear
2.3.1.6 Keep a listening on HAM bands, maybe make announcement of perils, etc
2.3.1.7 Watch the sky and any abnormalities
2.3.1.8 Watch carefully of the Meteorological Bulletins for Tornados, Huge Storms
2.3.2 Bug-Out Vehicle
2.3.2.1 Always in pristine technical condition
2.3.2.2 Always with full tank
2.3.2.3 Keep always fuel in canister to cover 3 times distance fto retreat
2.3.2.4 Vehicle should have a survival kit all the time, itself!
2.3.2.5 Most possible to break parts should have been stored in vehicle
2.3.2.6 An diversified tool kits for vehicle
2.3.2.7 Vehicle Technical repair manual
2.3.3 Bug-Out Kit
2.3.3.1 Most important: Maps with all counties in between to retreat-use of communal roads only; be marked on the maps, then maps be plastified after markings
2.3.3.2 Most valuable jewelery
2.3.3.3 Food&Water for all travellers, 3 x times more days than trip to retreat
2.3.3.4 Laptop with all scanned documents and contact list, guides, etc
2.3.3.5 Memory stick with all documents as a backup copy or laptop lost/damage
2.3.3.6 Communication system between members or between cars-talkie walkie
2.3.3.7 Weapons for self protect during travel
2.3.3.8 Diversified Medical kit; do not forget take prescripts meds for chronic
2.3.3.9 Cash: small bills, different currencies, maybe silver/gold coins
2.3.3.10 Credit/debit cards: always use it first if still work, before resort to cash
2.3.3.11 Most Important documents (besides it scanned)
2.3.3.11.1 Printed list with contacts of all relatives, friends, etc
2.3.3.11.2 ID's
2.3.3.11.3 Passports
2.3.3.11.4 Certificates: Birth, Marriage, Deceased, etc
2.3.3.11.5 Contracts: Insurance, etc
2.3.3.11.6 Deeds: Property, land
2.3.3.11.7 Tax related documents (even maybe never needed, never knows)
2.3.4 Keep in touch with all your supporters, relatives, friends
2.3.4.1 Use Phone, Mail for exchanging info during first phases of SHTF
2.3.4.2 When usual comm net are down, use CB/HAM radios
2.3.4.3 When not possible use people going there as messengers

2.4 Procedure should be in place for everything, all should be known and reherased in advance. When SHTF we should work like swiss clock!
2.4.1 Procedures for evacuating house in maxim 1 hour
2.4.2 Procedures to assure and stop before leaving all utilities, gas, electric

3. ORGANIZING RETREAT

Is one of most demanding jobs. Do not ever forget:
"We are creating in the Radiant Zone, a mini-society!"
Expect all the tares from the existing one, to manifest also in the small one. But with some sweeteners! We will join it by good will and we will be surrounded with people with same mentalities, we have been chosen ourselves!
Will be based on the democratic approach, between people with same ideas, mentalities and mindset (otherwise we wouldn't form that community, in the first place) therefore responsible and well wishing people.
When there is time to debate and there are to decide things will affect everybody, then the voting approach will be chosen.
When there is a life/death situation, when there is important the decision taken in an instant, then is the community leader call, to take that decision. Therefore that lader, is very important and should be designated by voting, by the memebers, one of the most trusted, skillful and cold head available from that Radiant Zone group.
Not only leader, but also the new members should be apporved or disapproved by older members
For this activity, someone should keep a log (most probable the, Logistics responsible), where be written down the resolutions made along with most important moments for the community (births, marriages, deaths).

3.1 Voting System - Decision for important matters
3.1.1 Will be used for all important matters
3.1.2 Democratic - 1 person = 1 vote
3.1.3 Election for community leader

3.2 Scheduling Community Life
3.2.1 Tasks
3.2.2 Chores
3.2.3 Day & Night Watch Shifts
3.2.4 Classes
3.2.5 Training

3.3 Religious life for different confessions from group

3.4 Keep Good Morale
3.4.1 Activities as Morale booster
3.4.1.1 Birthdays
3.4.1.2 Religious day celebrations
3.4.1.3 Country day celebration for different ethnics in group

3.5 Day to day Decision taking
3.5.1 Minor Issues
3.5.2 Fast response issues
3.5.3 Life/Death threats and situation need leader assuming responsability

3.6 Delegation of Activities responsible Persons
3.6.1 Job Description
3.6.1.1 Definition of Activity Description & Task Incurred
3.6.1.2 What to do, what responsibilities they have
3.6.2 Logistics responsible - The STOREKEEPER
3.6.2.1 General caretaker for retreat & Storage Facilities
3.6.2.2 Keep a detail Material Log Book registery: what we have, what required, what need to produce, gather, barter, etc
3.6.2.3 He must be able raise alerts when stocks of most important items close to finish
3.6.2.4 At all time he need tell group what is the status for Beans, Bullets and Band-Aids, generally speaking
3.6.3 Security & Defense officer - GI Joe
3.6.3.1 Must be experienced and military trained
3.6.3.2 He must organize the security: of retreat, perimeter and patrolling neighborhoods
3.6.3.3 He must to decide and inform group about possibility of group face and defeat the threat, or asses threat so major that group need abandon
3.6.3.4 He must organize and lead the military training
3.6.4 Health responsible - DOC
3.6.4.1 An doctor or at least a nurse or para medic
3.6.4.2 Should be able satisfactory handle the health problems of the group, child-birth, injuries, poisoning, other accidents
3.6.4.3 Should be able to manage with scarce resource
3.6.4.4 Would be desirable to lean towards traditional medicine (medicine expire or end stock)
3.6.5 Intelligence officer - INTEL GUY
3.6.5.1 His job will be to collect information gathered from communication systems (radio, scanners, following broadcasting), information from patrolling, etc. He make a report of outstanding situation that can lead to a threatening situation for retreat. He is collaborating with security and community leader in finding a solution.
3.6.5.2 All the events from patrolling and different observation from watch shifts, etc will be reported to him. If need immediate reaction, together with security responsible and community leader will decide
3.6.5.3 What the group intelligence try to find? Everything: news from the far world, what did the next rural neighbor happened with his cattle, everything, because everything can lead to threats to the community
3.6.5.4 He must be an bright person, with curiosity, capacity of listening others and extract relevant informations
3.6.6 Agribusiness responsible - FATHER OF THE LAND
3.6.6.1 The person should have been lived at country side for a while, he/she must know the wheelings and dealings of farming, cattle arising
3.6.6.2 He must be able to asses what the group can seed, how much, where and when to seed and when harvest
3.6.6.3 Must have a good knowhow of handling with animal problems
3.6.7 Systems responsible - HANDY MAN
3.6.7.1 Everything that is running in the retreat must kept so.
3.6.7.2 Whatever parts, materials needed he must know to handle or where or who to ask.
3.6.7.3 The perfect handyman
3.6.7.4 A broken toilet, a running sink? No problem, because he will fix
3.6.8 Cooking Responsible - CHEF
3.6.8.1 What people need most after water shelter is food. Good, tasty and with right amount of calories, vitamins, and minerals. Chef, must gracefully must handle that, without too many complains nor intoxications!
3.6.8.2 Must have hands on cooking, also cooking in prmitive condition, mostly with stocked ingredients. Chef must know to combine the dried tasteless stock food, with something fres, to assure the vitamin and minerals for the group
3.6.8.3 Some old 1900 cooking book, a wooden stove which manage in the end to control, would be a start!
3.6.8.4 Also to get a kiss or a hug, at least a cheerful appreciation for tasty food put on the table
3.6.9 Crafts Expert - Master Craftsman
3.6.9.1 Would be advisable have a responsible for knowing many crafts, because many things, including clothing, must be produced by the group
3.6.9.2 The wood carving, making of baskets, etc
3.6.9.3 Leather crafts, for making some clothing, shoes, or moccasins at least?
3.6.9.4 Making ropes and vegetal lashes and ties from surrounding dogbane and similar plants

4. SHELTER

One of the most vital thing for human existence!
People along with their family member and their possesions should be protected
Very important also the construction of the retreat, utilities, area designation, technologies of construction that will be maintained and assured also after the SHTF

4.1 Building Issues
4.1.1 Legalities
4.1.2 Architecture Solutions
4.1.2.1 Constructing Solutions
4.1.2.1.1 Dome
4.1.2.1.2 Normal House
4.1.2.1.3 Group of many Houses
4.1.2.1.4 Condo
4.1.2.2 How the spaces are utilized
4.1.2.2.1 Provisions Storage
4.1.2.2.2 Places for rest
4.1.2.2.3 Bedrooms
4.1.2.2.4 Baths
4.1.2.2.5 Common activity places
4.1.2.2.6 Dedicated activity Places
4.1.2.2.6.1 Clasroom
4.1.2.2.6.2 Radio Equipment Room
4.1.2.2.6.3 Temporary Storage room
4.1.2.2.6.4 Cooking places
4.1.3 Materials to be used
4.1.3.1 Depending on the type of threats RZ should face
4.1.3.2 Ecological - Health
4.1.3.3 Smooth blending with the RZ environment
4.1.3.4 Very Durable
4.1.3.5 No health hazards (asbestos, lead, etc)
4.1.4 Installations
4.1.4.1 Antennas
4.1.4.1.1 Satellite Dish
4.1.4.1.2 Radio & TV antennas
4.1.4.1.3 HAM Radio special antennas
4.1.4.1.4 CB - large coverage antena
4.1.4.2 Electric nstallations
4.1.4.2.1 lighting
4.1.4.2.2 Pumping
4.1.4.2.3 Electric part for heaters, boilers
4.1.4.3 Heating
4.1.4.4 Air filtering and conditioning
4.1.4.4.1 special attention when Anti-Nuclear Bunkers
4.1.4.4.2 try use natural systems, flow of air, but take care put stoppers which could stop everything in case Bio, Nuclear or Chemical attack)
4.1.4.5 Water distribution
4.1.4.6 Wasted installation, toilets, etc
4.1.4.6.1 Better search solution more ecologic, such composting toilets, etc

4.2 Wastewater treatment
4.2.1 Biodegradation - Bacterial means
4.2.2 Filtration

4.3 Garbage disposal: as much as ecological possible-not much place dump garbage!
4.3.1 Procedure and Codes for Garbage consideration: Throw away NOTHING! Everything must be used, repaired as much as possible and used again! No consummatorism encouraged waste!
4.3.2 Handling residues from human wastes
4.3.3 Handling residues from cooking, food preparing and conserving
4.3.4 Handling residues from other activities
4.3.5 Handling Hygienic and Epidemic risk garbage - PROCEDURE's & sollutions
4.4 Annexes
4.4.1 Sheds
4.4.2 Barns
4.4.3 garages
4.4.4 Technical Rooms
4.4.5 Workshops
4.4.6 Storage Tanks
4.4.6.1 Liquid Fuels
4.4.6.2 Gas Fuels

4.5 Security of the Radiant zone from construction phase
4.5.1 Access in-buidling assured: strong doors, walls, windows
4.5.2 Plan location for Observation Post for Sentries and Sentinel - During Day Time
4.5.3 Plan location for Listening Post for sentriesand Sentinel - During Night Time
4.5.4 Plan location for eventual Spider Holes, moats, trenches, covers
4.5.5 Take seriously Camouflage precautions
4.5.5.1 Avoid unnatural configuration, or things can attract "unwanted" attention
4.5.5.1.1 Previous experience show that is not good attract attention by barbwire, high masonry castle fences, etc. Do not look like an army retreat or something. Because for sure, there are forces out there, anytime can defeat any security systems you may have in place. The idea is those forces not be attracted by that retreat, in the first place
4.5.5.1.2 The retreat should not look like a fort!
4.5.5.1.3 The retreat should be outside of visual sight from regular roads
4.5.5.1.4 First circle of defense should be natural without rise suspicions (dense wood, rocks, etc)
4.5.5.2 From Air
4.5.5.2.1 Avoid vehicle tyre marks, on different places than the normal roads or alleys
4.5.5.2.2 Try to use the existing day shadow, casted by neighbor bodies, such trees, building, etc
4.5.5.2.3 Avoid leaving imprinted tracks of vehicles in the grass, or on exposed soft soil, use the pathways already there or walk through minor creek beds, etc
4.5.5.2.4 Learn to use the camouflage in night and at crepuscule
4.5.5.3 From road
4.5.5.4 Always try to have some part or side of the retreat covered by a natural hard be defetead natural obstacle
4.5.6 Special consideration should granted to places where are passing cables, pipes, disposal facilities, fuel tanks, risk of fire
4.5.7 Special assessment of the surrounding threats, such wildfires, floods risk, heavy storms, mud or water sliding, falling rocks, dams cracking and breaking, vicinity of volcanoes, avoid costal area by at least of 200 Km, avoid earthquakes high risk area, extremely dangerous animals, avoid closest garrisons, penitentiary, hospitals (put many tenths of km between you and such things)

4.6 Water drainage system around Radiant Zone
4.6.1 Rain Water
4.6.2 Infiltration Water
4.6.3 very well design drainage system taking in consideration violent floods, rains, etc

5. WATER

We cannot live and function without water.
A proper influx of quality water should be provided and maintained even in the worst case scenarios.
These preparation should be thinking about and taken very good care.

5.1 Water Collecting
5.1.1 Springs, creeks
5.1.2 Wells
5.1.3 Rain water collectors
5.1.4 Transport with pipe or by recipients from surrounding area
5.1.5 Pools, basin, ponds (bathing, irrigation, for fire quelling

5.2 Water Storage
5.2.1 Medium Term considerations and amenities
5.2.2 Special consideration for Cooking & Drinking
5.2.3 Water for washing people, tools and clothes
5.2.4 Water for irrigations

5.3 Purification
5.3.1 Fixed facilities
5.3.1.1 Filtering - Separate the particles and some microorganisms (not safe drink)
5.3.1.2 Distilling - Is good to use for chemical poisoned waters (not for oils, toxic volatile agents; this stays good only for toxic or pollutants salts dissolved in water but not driven by water vapors into the condenser)
5.3.1.3 Biological safety (notchemical)
5.3.1.3.1 Chlorine, Bleach, Mineral Miracle Supplement
5.3.1.3.2 Iodine
5.3.1.3.3 Exposure of water to strong sun in transparent recipients - take care some plastics are emanating toxic substances into water, at higher pace when in sun
5.3.2 On the move, bushcraft purifying (case of Bug-Out, etc)
5.3.2.1 Ceramic water filters
5.3.2.2 Chlorine or Iodine disinfecting Pills

6. FOOD

One of the most important aspect of our life. Without food we will starve, then we will die. A horrible and agonizing death.
To prevent that, we should make provisions, must store, but we should think also in the distant perspective when our stock will finish and we cannot replenish from the SUPERMARKET!
Therefore we must ensue, that we have the means and skills to provide to our group, fresh food. As the food providing is sesonal we also must have the skills, to preserve gathered food on auspicious times
In scarcity condition, for which we are heading towards, it is of utmost importance assure the minimum amount of calories, minerals, micro and macro nutrients, vitamines and essential aminoacids, needed for a healthy and good functioning of the body!
Did I mention that someone cannot eat stored food for ever? That after a few months of eating only stored food, sores are developing in mouth and on the skin? That we need fresh herbs, vegetabless and fruits, from time to time to supplement the good caloric boost from stock food (grains, beans, cans, etc)? Thus we need the resources, skills and know-how to provide this fresh food to our community.

6.1 Cooking
6.1.1 Cooking Recipes
6.1.2 Methods of cooking
6.1.3 Oven
6.1.3.1 Dutch Oven
6.1.3.2 Bread Oven
6.1.3.3 Solar Oven
6.1.4 Stove
6.1.4.1 Liquid Fuel Stove
6.1.4.2 Wooden Stove
6.1.4.3 Gas
6.1.4.4 Camping Stove
6.1.5 Grills
6.1.5.1 Charcoals
6.1.5.2 Liquid Fuel
6.1.6 Utensils
6.1.6.1 Cutlery
6.1.6.2 Pots
6.1.6.3 Dish Cloths & Dish Towels, different cloths needed in kitchen or cheese cloth, etc
6.1.6.4 Kitchen Hand Tools (may be lack of electricity!)
6.1.6.4.1 Mincers
6.1.6.4.2 Grain Mill (for your tones of grains-that store better than flour)
6.1.6.4.3 Graters
6.1.6.4.4 Sieves

6.2 Storage
6.2.1 Mid term 1-2 years
6.2.1.1 Honey
6.2.1.2 Oil&Fats
6.2.1.3 Pasta
6.2.1.4 Spices & Prservatives
6.2.1.5 Flour
6.2.1.6 Sweets
6.2.1.7 Rice
6.2.1.8 Pickles
6.2.1.9 Dehydrated legumes and fruits
6.2.1.10 Gems, Marmalades
6.2.1.11 Powder Milk, Condensed Milk Cans, Butter cans
6.2.1.12 Bicuits, Danish Cookies
6.2.2 Long Term > 2 years
6.2.2.1 Meals Ready To Eat (MRE)
6.2.2.2 Cans
6.2.2.3 Beans, Grains

6.3 Preservation Methods
6.3.1 Drying
6.3.2 Salting
6.3.3 Smoking
6.3.4 Canning
6.3.5 Pickling
6.3.6 Marmalade, Jams

6.4 Gathering Fresh Food
6.4.1 Sprouting from beans and grains
6.4.2 Gathering Wild Edibles: fruits, roots, herbs, wild vegetables, berries, chestnuts, nuts, hazelnuts, ACCORN, sweet wood worms, locusts
6.4.3 Hunting, trapping
6.4.4 Fishing

6.5 Farming
6.5.1 Animal Breeding and raising
6.5.1.1 Cattle raising
6.5.1.2 Beekeeping Apiculture - Honey, Wax, Propolis, bee royal jelly, polen
6.5.1.3 Aquaculture
6.5.1.4 Birds, chickens & hens, geese, ducks
6.5.1.5 Small Mammals (rabbits, Guinea pigs)
6.5.2 Agriculture
6.5.2.1 Knowledge & Experience
6.5.2.2 Seeds
6.5.2.3 Land (prepared)
6.5.2.4 Greenhouse
6.5.2.5 Orchard
6.5.2.6 Aquaponics - Hydroponics
6.5.2.7 Tools
6.5.2.7.1 Hand tools: Gardening, plowing, digging
6.5.2.7.2 Tractor plus motortools
6.5.2.7.3 Animal plough, etc
6.5.2.8 Fertiliser
6.5.2.8.1 Natural composted
6.5.2.8.2 Chemical

7. SECURITY

ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT JOBS, after food, water and shelter.
Even is a chore, permanent watch routines, keeping sentries alert to any movement, organising patrols and put in place a system of early alarming of anything might approach to our retreat, is of collosal importance.
As well as good weaponry skills and fighting tehniques, should be learned by al able members. That, along with the well handling of the COMMUNICATION means, in order to transmit intelligence data or wake up alarms.
Did I said we need procedures we must know what to do, even someone just wake in the middle of the night? Did I miss saying that this should become as a second nature, to know what to do if this and that happens?
Do you remeber the lessons from human biology about IMMUNITARY SYSTEM from school? That, of defending the whole body? And it never sleeps, that immunitary systems, because when will happen somethng wrong with it, our body get sick and we die.

7.1 Procedure for assuring the security
7.2 Daytime, Nocturnal Watch, 6 h, or 8h, constant watch
7.2.1 Very Important for the safety of the group
7.2.2 All able should partake watch and training and patrols
7.2.3 All must be instructed of using COMM devices (talkie-walkie, wire phones, light and visual signalizing) respecting radio silence when required
7.2.4 All must to know to use many alarming systems and panic alarms in case something happens outside retreat

7.3 Security of retreat
7.3.1 Sentries POSTS watching retreat and immediate surroundings
7.3.1.1 OBSERVATION POST (day)
7.3.1.2 LISTENING POST (night)
7.3.2 Perimeter assured security
7.3.2.1 Natural obstacles (woods, bushes, stones)
7.3.2.2 Fences
7.3.2.3 Moats
7.3.2.4 Trenches
7.3.2.5 Traps, etc
7.3.3 Alarming Systems
7.3.3.1 Systems be triggered by sentries to inform the inside group threat is coming (Beside ther usualy COMM use (takie-Walkie+Wire Phone)
7.3.3.1.1 All Observation/Listening and sentries post have panic alarm buttons wired inside retreat to small wall alarms; so if sudden attack they push these buttons
7.3.3.1.2 In case of redundancy there are air horn alarms in every post
7.3.3.2 Autonomous Electronic Systems
7.3.3.3 Mechanical Systems (for ex. wires pull flares, or sound bells)
7.3.3.4 Dogs, geese, etc

7.4 Security of Neighborhood
7.4.1 Patrolling
7.4.2 Joining with other retreats or neighbor community in stopping a common enemy

7.5 Weaponry
7.5.1 Combat Weapons
7.5.1.1 NON fire weapons
7.5.1.2 Fire Weapons
7.5.2 Utilitary Weapons
7.5.2.1 Hunting
7.5.2.2 Varmints and pest control
7.5.3 Everybody should be train in the weapon usage and advance in specific likened weapon

8. HEALTH

Supposed to assure an overal good health state among the group members.
What should be more emphasing that for the long run, the natural panaceea provided by nature should be used. Natural remedies, teas, etc should be preferred of those expiring medicines from the stock. Be informed that some medicines, just loosing the healing power over the body when expired, while other turn in toxic substances, making more harm than good.
The actual medicines have a few years expiry date! Some of them became dangerous after expiring date!
We highly need amongst us, people with medical, nursing and dentist skills. Some training course in paramedics or survival medicine would be a skill appreciated everywhere, so worth make the effort and do such a training!

8.1 Stock of Medicines
8.1.1 Medicines
8.1.1.1 Antibiotics
8.1.1.2 Antiviral
8.1.1.3 Anti-inflammatory
8.1.1.4 Diuretics
8.1.1.5 Dehydration salts
8.1.1.6 Antihistaminics
8.1.1.7 Fever relieving
8.1.1.8 Anti vomiting & vomiting inducers (poisonings)
8.1.1.9 Antidiarrhea
8.1.1.10 Antiparasitary
8.1.1.11 Anesthetics
8.1.1.12 Vitamins, Minerals, Micronutrients, Omega 3(fish oil)
8.1.1.13 Ginseng, etc
8.1.1.14 Anti infections - throat, lungs, urinary
8.1.1.15 Antimycotics, antifungic, antibacterial
8.1.1.16 Dental disinfectant (clove oil)
8.1.1.17 Dental anesthetics
8.1.1.18 Prescription drugs for different ailments (heart, diabetes, etc)
8.1.2 Chemical substances used in treatments
8.1.2.1 Insects repellents
8.1.2.2 Iodine
8.1.2.3 Alcohol
8.1.2.4 Tincture of Benzoin (for better sticking band-aids)
8.1.2.5 Perfusion liquids
8.1.3 Bandages, band-aids, Hemostatic gelatin sponge

8.2 Knowledgeable people
8.2.1 Doctors
8.2.2 Nurses
8.2.3 Dentists

8.3 Child-birthing

8.4 Instruments and tools
8.4.1 Syringes, needles, surgical blades, tweezers, clamp scissors, scissors, etc
8.4.2 For treatment of wounds
8.4.3 Surgery
8.4.4 Dental handling
8.4.5 Means of transport for injured members

8.5 Traditional Healing Consideration
8.5.1 Medical Plants
8.5.1.1 recognize them - Books, Illustrated cards
8.5.1.2 Know what and when to harvest the plants
8.5.1.3 How to process
8.5.1.4 How to Storage
8.5.1.5 How to administrate to the ill
8.5.1.6 Know how can plant yourself by stored seeds
8.5.2 Will be of utmost vital importation after the modern medicines, antibiotics, aspirins are gone, or expired
8.5.2.1 Know how make Home make penicillin
8.5.2.2 Know that the the tea of dried and minced willow bark tree (salix Alba) it containSALICIN, acting as aspirin
8.5.3 Different substances in house for treating illnesses (vinegar, Olive oil, Rosemarie etheric oils, etc)

8.6 Health exercises
8.6.1 Qi Gong
8.6.2 Tai Chi
8.6.3 Pilates
8.6.4 Yoga
8.6.5 Workout routines

9. COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS - COMM

One of the most important feature is that of connection with outside world, with keeping in touch between different subgroups or activities. Imagine yourself in a remote area, without any information about what's happened? After months and months, living with the same people, you may ask yourself what was happening? You long to know some piece of information.
So, here is coming into help this discipline helping us also to keep us in contact and to collect INTELLIGENCE data, which after dissemination and thoroughly analyze will be the base for , some tough decision to be made! By existing or not these intel data, our life is at stake.
The connection with the large world will be made by HAM radio, either CW Morse code, RTTY, serial data transmission with Fidonet, or voice with other Radiant zones.
Codification and cryptografic procedures should be put in place.
Radio silence procedures should be in place, when required by tactical situation.

9.1 COMM Procedures
9.1.1 Radio Silence Procedure
9.1.2 Codes and Cryptographic Message encoding/decoding
9.1.3 Intelligence gathering, analyzing and reporting Procedures
9.1.3.1 Direct Human Observation
9.1.3.1.1 Sky watching for flights, aircrafts, choppers hovering, other worrisome PHENOMENA
9.1.3.1.2 Observing movements
9.1.3.1.2.1 Normal, regular people (maybe they are in the know of something)
9.1.3.1.2.2 Military or para military troops
9.1.3.1.2.3 Vehicles, especially odd and unusual from the common
9.1.3.1.3 Any changing in environment without explanation
9.1.3.2 Radio Scanner - Duty, Private Non encrypted Channels
9.1.3.2.1 Police, Sheriff agents
9.1.3.2.2 Army agents
9.1.3.2.3 Governmental agencies
9.1.3.2.4 Hospital ambulances communication
9.1.3.2.5 Truckers bands
9.1.3.3 Public Broadcasting
9.1.3.4 Radio-amateurs Radio Communications - HAM Radio
9.1.3.5 From other neighboring people
9.1.3.5.1 Neighbor communities
9.1.3.5.2 From Patrolling trips
9.1.3.5.3 Rumors, etc

9.2 Inside Radiant Zone Communications
9.2.1 By loud voice
9.2.2 By signs visible with eyes
9.2.2.1 Singns - Daytime
9.2.2.2 Light codes - Night time
9.2.3 Wireline phone
9.2.3.1 Old 2 wire old phone between different building blocks and activity places
9.2.3.2 Between Sentries from Observation and Watching Post
9.2.4 Intercoms
9.2.4.1 Bads: simplex and contain electronics (EMP risk) better with Old 2 wire line phone
9.2.5 Two-way radio - Simplex (one speaks at a time, the other listens)
9.2.5.1 Different standards
9.2.5.1.1 Check Legalities for that area
9.2.5.1.2 Different tactics need different powers and coverages
9.2.5.1.2.1 Most of time desired range as max as possible
9.2.5.1.2.2 Sometime is best to reduce to minimum the range, just avoid be "listened"
9.2.5.1.3 CB Radio 27 MHz
9.2.5.1.3.1 FQ: 27 Mhz,
9.2.5.1.3.2 long range: tenths of KM
9.2.5.1.3.3 When Patrolling, between patrols and Radiant Zone
9.2.5.1.3.4 Between Radiant Zone and other citizens, neighbor communities
9.2.5.1.4 Talkie Walkie
9.2.5.1.4.1 PMR446 system -EUROPE; short distance max 0.5 W, range: 0.8 - 3 Km,
9.2.5.1.4.2 FRS & GMRS - Licensed in US (460 MHz), max 5W, range: up to 45 Km
9.2.5.1.4.3 MURS- Business COM, but OK personal (150 Mhz), Max 2W, range 0.8 -3 Km
9.2.5.2 Short Distances - Tactical and Utilitary
9.2.5.2.1 Observation Post - Buildings (redundancy)
9.2.5.2.2 Between different members scattered on the Radiant Zone area
9.2.5.2.3 During Patrolling
9.2.5.2.4 During Bug-Out Operations
9.2.5.2.5 During low level combat operations (when no need respect RADIO SILENCE)

9.3 Communications between Radiant Zone and outer world
9.3.1 Ham Radio - Radio Amateur radio - Using this information channel we can transmit
9.3.1.1 RTTY
9.3.1.2 Serial data transmissions to other Radio-Amateur
9.3.1.3 To PPP computee network such Fidonet
9.3.2 By letters carried by messengers, if the road were opened and some security is in place
9.3.3 Some can think use even messenger pigeons

9.4 Intelligence Data collection - INTEL
9.4.1 INTEL Information Gathering
9.4.2 INTEL Information Analysing & Reporting
9.4.2.1 The outcome is Information on which the Group will react to the threats

10. ENERGY

Nothing works without energy! Therefore this feature should be thoroughly given attention.
We should cover each and every scenario and energy should be assured.
The most important for long term will be wood, some fuel for light and electric energy.
Research in radiant energy should provide us with FREE ENERGY. The research internationaly is quelled down by TPTB, because affecting their demographic policies.

10.1 Thermal Energy
10.1.1 Liquid Fuels
10.1.1.1 Diesel
10.1.1.2 Gasoline + Preservers
10.1.1.3 Kerosene
10.1.1.4 Motor Oils
10.1.2 Solid Fuels
10.1.2.1 Wood
10.1.2.2 Coals
10.1.3 Gas Fuels
10.1.3.1 Biogas - recuperable from decomposing organic matter - way of recycle
10.1.3.2 Butane, propane gas

10.2 Electric Energy
10.2.1 Solar
10.2.2 Wind
10.2.3 Water fall
10.2.4 Batteries
10.2.5 Accumulators for storage

10.3 Tesla Radiant Energy or OVERUNITY ENERGY
10.3.1 Lutec Electricity Amplifier
10.3.2 Thomas Henry Moray rectifiers

11. SANITATION

Do not underestimate the cleaning, disinfection and pest control which may spread nasty disease.
Periodical cleaning, disinfection, limecoating will be in place. More importance should be given to the food storage area, food processing are and kitchen where food is prepared.
After floods or some nasty disease outbreaks, good and thoroughly sanitation must be put in place!
The rodents, pests, dead and rotting corpses around our retreat are source of disease and pandemics. We must keep a clean and safe environment around us.

11.1 Periodic cleaning
11.1.1 Buildings
11.1.2 Storage facilities
11.1.3 Clothes

11.2 Pest control
11.2.1 Ferals
11.2.2 Rodents
11.2.3 Termites
11.2.4 Roaches
11.2.5 Grain Pests

11.3 Disinfection
11.3.1 Periodically
11.3.2 After Floods
11.3.3 After epidemics

11.4 Lime coating (powerful and cheap disinfectant; also look nice and clean)

12.TRANSPORT

Transport will be used for:
People when moving far from retreat, patrolling, etc
When bringing to retreat different stuff, such cutted wood, harvested crops, etc

12.1 Vehicles
12.1.1 Fuel consideration
12.1.1.1 Short time: 1 year gasoline
12.1.1.2 2 years: gasoline with preservative
12.1.1.3 More than 3 years: Diesel
12.1.1.4 Methanol
12.1.2 Cars
12.1.3 Tractors
12.1.4 Carts
12.1.5 Wheelbarrows
12.1.6 Carriage
12.1.7 Traction/transport animals
12.1.7.1 Horses
12.1.7.2 Donkeys
12.1.7.3 Buffalos

12.2 Transport Recipients
12.2.1 Bushels
12.2.2 Buckets
12.2.3 Sacks
12.2.4 Drums

12.3 Accessories
12.3.1 Ropes
12.3.2 Ties
12.3.3 Textile cloths
12.3.4 Chains
12.3.5 Bungee elastic cords

13.TRAINING

Cannot highlight enough the importance of training!
Most important of all, the military training, because most of folks, never had this training
Why military? Because in the ****ty times ahead we expect, always some peoples will think that is easy to prey on other peoples which they prepared in advance. These people will think that is OK to take by force what they want. Our mission is to prove them they are wrong.
Not only that, but also different government folks or agencies might have some plans for us, without asking our approval,
How we can face them with a bunch of untrained people? You guess how; we train them!
As any of the skills, the weapons handling and military skills, must be practiced a lot. Even we discussing fire arms, or bow and arrows, or just a simply catapulte... Everything need knowledge and practice.

13.1 Military Procedures
13.1.1 Defense
13.1.2 Patrolling
13.1.3 Weapon Handling
13.1.4 Hand to hand combat

13.2 Health Exercises

14.LEARNING

The process of knowledge transfer of humans, besides the survival power per se, is assuring knowledge is passed from one member to another. What if the only doctor gets sick? Or what if the military instructor gets badly injured? We need to diseminate information of all sorts, between members and creating skill redundancy people!
This is very important for children the community !
Also, very important for rest of the members, to keep their minds wheels, always in motion!

14.1 Learning Methods

14.2 Classes of
14.2.1 Farm land living
14.2.2 cooking
14.2.3 food preserving
14.2.4 Wild edible recognize classes
14.2.5 Crafts
14.2.6 Foreign Languages
14.2.7 History
14.2.8 Socio-Politics
14.2.9 Science
14.2.10 Medicine
14.2.11 Know plants and herbs
14.2.12 Natural healing

14.3 Information Sources
14.3.1 Printings
14.3.2 Books
14.3.3 Computers in a networks
14.3.4 Digital data storage
14.3.4.1 CD, DVD
14.3.4.2 Memory sticks
14.3.4.3 Hardrives
14.3.4.4 MP3 players,iPODS
14.3.5 Audio bands, cassettes
14.3.6 Video cassettes

15.LEISURE TIME

Time specialy designated for strenghtening community bondage, sharing knowledges and experiences, a good way for morale boosting.
REMEMBER, in the coming times, we will need that morale booster, alot!

15.1 Reading
15.2 Singing
15.3 Playing Instruments
15.4 Video Games
15.5 Society Games
15.6 Music Listening
15.7 Story Telling
15.8 Theatre scenettes
15.9 Organizing Holidays for different Nationality in RZ

16.CRAFTS

Very important for maintaing our material base. Things get broken, coming apart. New things or accesories must be manufacturated. Can we buy them? Not very lightly!
So, we must have a heap of materials and tools, along with people with skills, to be able make that needed things for us.
Also the retreat has a lot of systems and mechanisms. Imagine how it would be without that working properly!

16.1 Tools, Tids & Bits
16.1.1 Materials & Parts
16.1.1.1 Screws, Nuts, bolts
16.1.1.2 Metal sheets, plates
16.1.1.3 Pipes
16.1.1.4 Wires, cable
16.1.1.5 Parts & SUbparts for different sub-systems, vehicles and apparatus

16.1.2 Hand-tools
16.1.2.1 Covering all crafts we have people specialized on
16.1.2.2 Many Tool kits, easy handling and transporting where is need
16.1.3 Power tools
16.1.3.1 Power Drills, electric saws, etc

16.2 Skills person in
16.2.1 Carpentry
16.2.2 Construction
16.2.3 Metalwork
16.2.4 Mechanics
16.2.5 Gunsmithing
16.2.6 General Handyman
16.2.7 Welding
16.2.8 Plumbing
16.2.9 Electronics & Electricity
16.2.10 IT guy
16.2.11 Cloth making: looming, Sewing, Crochetting, Knitting

16.3 Craft are producing
16.3.1 Leather articles
16.3.2 Tools & Utensils
16.3.3 Clothes, textiles
16.3.4 Accessories: Bags, Rucsacks

16.4 Reparations
16.4.1 Different things
16.4.2 Different systems

17.ABANDON RETREAT

In difficult times, when the retreat is attacked by supperior forces, which will ooust the resistence force, the community leader along with the military expert should take the painful decision to leave the retreat.
Far in advance, based on differnt INTEL of perils approaching, from INTEL Officer, the group should make provisions caches along the way to bug out places, such caves, forrest, etc.
Very important:
1. Intel we have, must be correctly assessed
2. The military force correct estimation
3. The preparation be made in time
Remember, if need leave the retreat in middle of the night, just with some backsacks, the probability of survival the group, in the following days will be very low, close to nil!
The bug-out could be decided for threats not necesarilly military, such heavy winds, or floods or meteorits shower, when a cave or a natural deep underground shelter will offer better chance of survival. But those places, should be secured well in advance. Caches with food, water, materials and tools shoud be already prepared on the way to the final retreat.

17.1 Why to bug out from retreat? Aren't we safe here?
17.1.1 Cases when remaining in retreat is endangering the life

17.2 Major dangers
17.2.1 Huge attack on the retreat; assessment of the military command say we can't defeat
17.2.2 Meteorites shower and retreat not resistant at
17.2.3 Devastating fires in the nearby woods with possibility of totally devastation RZ
17.2.4 Huge attack EMP or attack type Blue Beam Project, need go caves
17.2.5 Different threats ousting the limited defending capacity of the group

17.3 Where
17.3.1 Caves
17.3.2 Hidden places in woods
17.3.3 Wholes, labyrinths in the rock, ground, etc

17.4 Abandon Procedures
17.4.1 Already need be in place
17.4.2 How to abandon retreat, order, what take what leave

17.5 Caches
17.5.1 Water
17.5.2 Food
17.5.3 Materials and equipment (sleeping bags, warm clothes, flashlights, water filters)
17.5.4 Importance of caches: places furnished with food, materials, weapon in advance in hidden places just in case scenarios
17.5.5 How to hide the caches, systems of retrieve after the hidden caches
================================================== ==========================================

What is your opinion, if someone is observing all of these issues will be in the safe side, or not?
What is missing?
What is redundant?

All the best!
Artvision

Last edited by artvision; 07-26-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:18 PM   #171
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvision View Post
Here is the suggested outline for the Radiant Zone Guide...
Wow!!
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:05 AM   #172
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Thank you Artvision .
Lots to work on there.
This will take some time.

I am off now to the UK for a week.

Keep the thread burning friends.
Do well.

loving kindness
mudra
Old 07-26-2009, 12:36 AM   #173
artvision
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Thank you Artvision .
Lots to work on there.
This will take some time.

I am off now to the UK for a week.

Keep the thread burning friends.
Do well.

loving kindness
mudra
Bye, Mudra, have a nice trip! All the best!
Old 07-26-2009, 04:13 AM   #174
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

TtC...no more pm's please..I am not going to open it. Mudra said you would present us your vision, and answer any questions I have.
Respectfully Ttc, and giving you the benefit of the doubt..I don't want any more PM's from you...it's either here for all to see, or your silence will be your answer.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:28 AM   #175
TtC
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, but Mudra does not speak for me, only I do. I suggest you open it. It is the last one.
TtC is offline   Reply With Quote