Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
lennonmccartney
Avalon Senior Member

Default Rock N Roll Music

So i've been a musician for a while now, and i'm also aware of many different things going on and stuff and deep inside i know theres another side to rock music. My main influences of music are The Beatles,Beach Boys,Buddy Holly and etc...but what do you think? is rock n roll really as evil as many say...Do you really think that every big rock n roll musician is under mind control and believe in the occult and a satanist and all that. I don't think everyone is...maybe they pick just pretty controllable people, and most of the time they are not aware of what is going on and what they do. What do you guys think??
lennonmccartney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:16 AM   #2
Morgan
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Rock N Roll Music

I could go on for pages on this.

I have no doubt there are influences within most popular brands of music that are not positive.

I believe some of the biggest selling artists are influenced, though not to their knowledge. ie. They act innocently in it, even if they are detrimental to the consciousness of most people.

Some also say the style of rock 'lowers your vibration', buuuuuut I don't know if I totally believe that... I'm one to believe that all things are neutral tools, and it is how they are used that determines positive or negative value. One could argue music is the tool, and rock music is a negative use, but I think that's too vague.

But that's just me!

And I'm a musician so perhaps there's some bias
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:30 AM   #3
Squeptikal
Avalon Senior Member

Not sure that this is appropriate to the mission of this fourum, but I too am fascinated by bands such as Led Zepplin who managed fantastic success using Aleister Crowley chants. There does seem to be a connection there. Also, one of the Basslist members years ago names Thomas Danley who invented the Basstech 7 servodrive subwoofer performed frequency sweep testing at the Great Pyramid of Giza with some interesting results. Seems that the pyramid resonated at 0.5 to 9 Hz and the 'coffin' too large to have been placed there after the pyramid's construction resonated at 438 Hz.

I am wondering if the earth resonance combined with other frequencies might have enabled the constructors of the pyramids to levitate the 8-ton blocks into position without sand ramps, ropes, etc. that seemed to be otherwise impossible with mere human labor.

The hard, deep bass lines in todays music and Public Address sound systems are far more effective than the ones just 20 years ago. I am learning to play the bass a little but I am a drummer by nature.
Squeptikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:30 AM   #4
DoctorTony
Avalon Senior Member

I'm totally biased - I play rock guitar and I love satan (I love all things). What's the harm in it. If music moves you or the lyrics within move you - that must raise your vibration. It raises mine. I love everything from Abba to ZZ Top or Celine Dion to Slayer. ALL music to me, like Morgan said, is a neutral tool. I interpret it the way I want with or without the artists intent.

I do find it interesting that tuning a guitar down a half step (E to Eb, A to G# (417 Hz), etc. resonates with the sacred solfeggio). Van Halen did this in all their music and they really resonate with a lot of people. It sounds more natural.

I've heard about Zepelin doind backward masking and Hotel California is heavy on this sort of occultish/satanist label, but I'm quite sure that I don't have any sort of 'evil' feelings listening to this music.

It's all in the perception/intent of the listener.

Tony
DoctorTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

I find some Heavy Metal takes me to a greater high than anything else in my life.
For those who've been raised in repressive religious environments it can also be quite liberating to swing the other way, at least for a while...
See what it was that I used to be so afraid of, and laugh.

I do try to maintain some balance though, from sometimes feeling into the Ancient Egyptian styled Deathmetal of 'Nile', another time listening to the sweet female voice and orchestra of 'Within Temptation', etc.
Life is primarily about experience, not just choosing 'either dark or light', I'm never comfortable being too long in any extreme though...
But it's all good, for my mind.

In fact there's more talent, soul and passion in some of these 'fringe' bands than in 99% of music you'll find on the pop charts.
The 'evil' image get's cultivated by some metallers for the 'shock factor' in reaction to christianity, being the dominant religion in western society.
It also then get's reinforced by christians who see this and feel vindicated...

Music does affect your feelings though, but as long as the music is being chosen by you, not your life dictated by the music...
It's all good.
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:48 PM   #6
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonmccartney View Post
So i've been a musician for a while now, and i'm also aware of many different things going on and stuff and deep inside i know theres another side to rock music. My main influences of music are The Beatles,Beach Boys,Buddy Holly and etc...but what do you think? is rock n roll really as evil as many say...Do you really think that every big rock n roll musician is under mind control and believe in the occult and a satanist and all that. I don't think everyone is...maybe they pick just pretty controllable people, and most of the time they are not aware of what is going on and what they do. What do you guys think??
No mind control because there's way to much free will in Rock n Roll, remember all the stuff that Judas Priest and Ozzy went through? with kids killing themselves and putting the blame on the music they listened to, wow, weak minds are easily influenced. Like I always say," Rock on Rockers!"
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
Swamisalami
Banned

To my opinion there's no evil in this one......

http://video.google.nl/videosearch?q...nl&emb=0&aq=f#
Swamisalami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #8
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

Musicians like comics and other independent artists are at liberty to say alot more than most widely accessible medias. I do believe that the elite push mind numbing artists on us much more than enlightening ones.

I have worked at one of the last independent music stores in wyoming for most of my college years. While working there I realized that independent musicians and record lables get almost no airplay from mainstreem radio. Granted, there are a few artists who become so popular that their message is able to make it out to the masses....

I for one am a huge fan of the band Tool... who I would argue is one of the most spiritually aware bands ever. They speak of accention, human evolution, ET's and many other establishment wrecking topics.

I would personally reccomend listening to only independent musicians on indi lables...
here is a link to a song that is exactley what the powers do not want us to hear...
that is why this group gets no air play here in America....
http://free.napster.com/player/?play...093&type=track
Orion Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:14 PM   #9
Ashatav
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: Rock N Roll Music

Hi, I posted the other day a thread about this but it's fits perfectly in this thread, hoho.

The history of a former illuminist who works in the music industry -and explain it very well- named John Todd who resign the order after discover a more elevated spiritual path (in fact, almost all is more elevated than be an illuminist, haha).

John Todd part 1

John Todd part 2

Cheers!
Ashatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:51 PM   #10
milk and honey
Avalon Senior Member

I believe rock music is no good for people who aspire spiritually. It's a low vibe offering which activates astral loosh to feed the negative entities.... physical and astral.

To understand why i say this from a metaphysical perspective see these 2 links where i discussed the problem with rock music with others under the poster name "nexus".

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=5923&p=1

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=6233&p=3

Amongst other things my few posts talk about what is happening at inner levels to the chakras and finer bodies when listening to rock music. I am "nexus" over there.
milk and honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:16 PM   #11
nagualton
Avalon Senior Member

Hi milk and honey,

I believe you don't think generally all rnr music. There is a bunch of modern music in line with chakras. Every music created without selfimportance or intention to bold virtuosity is in tune with everything. I'm musician too, and from my experience, hardest thing is to keep peace in balance, meaning without unnecessary parts which makes me smart when listening.
nagualton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:04 PM   #12
ucan
Avalon Senior Member

If it gives you that shiver up your spine and makes you feel good then it's good music. Music is one of the most powerful forces we have, although it is highly censored and controlled even if people don't realise it.

"most of the time they are not aware of what is going on" - This is true for so many social "repeaters", not only within the genres but the audiences expectations - Even the chromatic scale of western music is too precise to be natural, it is a tempered scale - see tibetain music for an example of non tempered scales...

There is a darker side to some of the knowledge, but usually this only comes into play with mass consuption - but it's such a diverse arena of artists and influences it would be too difficult to pin-point the evidence or scenario where this occurs. Follow your inuition and follow what you love...
ucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:09 PM   #13
Metaphor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk and honey View Post
I believe rock music is no good for people who aspire spiritually. It's a low vibe offering which activates astral loosh to feed the negative entities.... physical and astral.

To understand why i say this from a metaphysical perspective see these 2 links where i discussed the problem with rock music with others under the poster name "nexus".

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=5923&p=1

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=6233&p=3
Amongst other things my few posts talk about what is happening at inner levels to the chakras and finer bodies when listening to rock music. I am "nexus" over there.
Hello Nexus, I think we had this discussion also on Nobledreams as well didn´t we?
I think that saying rock music is bad is like saying internet is bad, or books for that instance.
Doesn´t it depend on the brand of music, intent from the artist, and the mood the listener is in?
Most music on the charts, i´d say, serves- just like most TV programs- as social programming and entertainment meant to keep people off focus.
I will not argue with you about the obvious. That most music is not meant to push the listener in a truly positive direction, with honest intent from the artist.
But that doesn´t mean that you will suffer deeply from hearing a rock song. Its not like its "anti yoga" , closing the chakras down or something.
Not all of it.

Personally i would be more negatively affected by a christian gospel, praising the "lord" and such, than by it´s counterpart like blackmetal or something. The latter is more easiler identified as a product of the artists frustration regarding the pain of living. Wich I have to say is more sane than the insanity of prising a world gone insane, like most popular music mainly does. Not to be interpreted that i consume such music. Its just that an angry rebel is easier to understand sometimes. Someone who rocks the boat can be refreshing and very needed at times.

I do acknowledge that you have given this a lot of thought and have a credible case. Its just that i´m living inside the world you criticise. Its my choice and rock music has liberated me from the soul-numbing world of sports. So im thankful. It was my initial escape route. And it still is.

Last edited by Metaphor; 10-15-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Metaphor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:20 AM   #14
lennonmccartney
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamisalami View Post
To my opinion there's no evil in this one......

http://video.google.nl/videosearch?q...nl&emb=0&aq=f#
got to love dylan

i could never give up listening to rock n roll music , i don't really listen to any new mainstream rock...1.cause it sounds all the same 2.cause i do believe that most mainstream stuff does have a not so positive intention.....i like a lot of diff indie rock bands...many big mainstream artist seem so puppet like....like the disney kids,a lot of hip hop artist and etc
Old 10-16-2008, 04:21 PM   #15
milk and honey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
Hello Nexus, I think we had this discussion also on Nobledreams as well didn´t we?
I think that saying rock music is bad is like saying internet is bad, or books for that instance.
Doesn´t it depend on the brand of music, intent from the artist, and the mood the listener is in?
Most music on the charts, i´d say, serves- just like most TV programs- as social programming and entertainment meant to keep people off focus.
I will not argue with you about the obvious. That most music is not meant to push the listener in a truly positive direction, with honest intent from the artist.
But that doesn´t mean that you will suffer deeply from hearing a rock song. Its not like its "anti yoga" , closing the chakras down or something.
Not all of it.

Personally i would be more negatively affected by a christian gospel, praising the "lord" and such, than by it´s counterpart like blackmetal or something. The latter is more easiler identified as a product of the artists frustration regarding the pain of living. Wich I have to say is more sane than the insanity of prising a world gone insane, like most popular music mainly does. Not to be interpreted that i consume such music. Its just that an angry rebel is easier to understand sometimes. Someone who rocks the boat can be refreshing and very needed at times.

I do acknowledge that you have given this a lot of thought and have a credible case. Its just that i´m living inside the world you criticise. Its my choice and rock music has liberated me from the soul-numbing world of sports. So im thankful. It was my initial escape route. And it still is.
Hello Metaphor old chum.

I'd say that depending on the song itself and the mood of the listener, all rock music is relatively harmful including so called 'christian rock'. Some more so than others. But the reason is best understood from a metaphysical point of view. The spiritual experience is much higher than the emotional rush that rock music gives. The squandering of the light from the chakras can be exhilarating but that energy is poured down the drain (vibrationally) and will have to be transmuted in order to redeem it from the astral plane. Those noble realms posts linked above ^^^ elaborate much more than i can repeat here. Cheers.

Last edited by milk and honey; 10-16-2008 at 04:24 PM.
milk and honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:07 PM   #16
Metaphor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk and honey View Post
Hello Metaphor old chum.

I'd say that depending on the song itself and the mood of the listener, all rock music is relatively harmful including so called 'christian rock'. Some more so than others. But the reason is best understood from a metaphysical point of view. The spiritual experience is much higher than the emotional rush that rock music gives. The squandering of the light from the chakras can be exhilarating but that energy is poured down the drain (vibrationally) and will have to be transmuted in order to redeem it from the astral plane. Those noble realms posts linked above ^^^ elaborate much more than i can repeat here. Cheers.
I´d thought you´d say something like that. Its in line with your NR posts.
I understand your viewpoint, and it is perhaps correct if one chooses to see it that way.
I think that this could also be applied to sex (orgasm or not orgasm) and food (meat or not meat) as well if we are to speak about energies and vibrations.
I´m guilty of enjoying both rock music, sex and good food (veggie though) with wine or beer, and some chocolate overdosing now and then. It´s kind of the only thing that keeps from leaving this place. I want to taste the illusion before I go.

Cheers
Metaphor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:30 PM   #17
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Hey lennonmccartney, have you seen "The Buddy Holly Story" movie with Gary Busey? great movie and no mind control there, he did things his way.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:46 PM   #18
lennonmccartney
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Hey lennonmccartney, have you seen "The Buddy Holly Story" movie with Gary Busey? great movie and no mind control there, he did things his way.
Yes
loved that movie,yeah i think in the early days artist were not so controlled as today
Old 10-17-2008, 03:04 AM   #19
JohnWdoe
Avalon Senior Member

Its all horse pucky and purely based on the person who interprets the music.

I have heard so many violent styles of music that i know are just simple fun, Cannibal Corpse was a musical horror movie to me when i was younger, i don't think nor ever have i harmed anyone so its all harmless fun.

Some people in bands like GG Allen are obviously insane but others are just playing a role, a character and the good ones could always leave the business behind at the front door.

All music is an expression of personality and its the same when you hear it.
JohnWdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:07 AM   #20
gordon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Rock N Roll Music

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A song that might help! it is called: Ride On : And a nother song that wouldn't help! it is called: High Way To Hell :...
gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:28 AM   #21
norman
Avalon Senior Member

Is this good, bad or meaningless? I put it together myself.

It's called 'Pass The Bilderberg'

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=6247197

comments appreciated.

norman.
norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:44 PM   #22
Realview
Avalon Senior Member

The criteria I would use is whether the music helps to draw the spirit inwards and upwards or does it draw the spirit downwards and outwards. If it is diffusing the spirit into matter it is technically a waste of the spirit and misdirection of energy. If it draws the spirit inward and upward it is uplifting and draws the spirit and the lower mind towards higher levels. If it draws the spirit outward and downward it may be enjoyable, invigorating but what is felt is your own spirit being wasted on it's way to dissipation. It is part of the traps laid by the powers of illusion in this prison.

At best, music, here, can never do anything more than inspire. What exists at this plane, can only influence the consciousness here at this plane. Continually listening to an outward sound while practicing any kind of spiritual (withdrawal) practice is like trying to swim upstream dragging a boat anchor.
Realview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:20 PM   #23
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman View Post
Is this good, bad or meaningless? I put it together myself.

It's called 'Pass The Bilderberg'

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=6247197

comments appreciated.

norman.
Well done, I liked it, P.S. Are you related to Ray, from the Kinks?, probably not but figured I would ask.