Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 10-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Default Free email ?

Hi,

One topic I did not see being discussed in this forum and I guess it would have grabbed attention of a few ... free email ?

How many of you are using hotmail, gmail, yahoo, msn, aol etc. etc. ?

Did you ever question why it's free ? Did you ever question why communication tools like msn and most tools to create a forum are free ?

Well apparently we are not so concerned about using all this free stuff.
But it isn't free ... it comes with a price ...

Ok, now the discussion on tools like the web bot of half past human got some attention I think the time is ripe for this.

If a topic is in the news and you go to Google (or other search engine) it's likely it will be 'searchable' within 30 minutes.

Also when you visit pages Google can place context sensitive ads and if you log out from msn you land on a page full
with stuff of interest to you. If you type something wrong Google immediately substitutes your search string with a suggestion.

Well I probably don't have to explain to you that all these tools are offered free in order for you to use them so they
will clearly get to know the interest of the masses. The bots used to sample all this data work faster than the
firefighters will arrive at your home when it's on fire.

Need I say more ?

Like taking more care of what you eat and become less dependent on the economic warfare you may use this
knowledge to fight back and take "this power" away from them ....

Cheers
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
zorgon

Default Re: Free email ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator View Post
FREE One of those NASTY four letter F words

Example about 'free'

Many times I hear people in these forums scream at those wanting to sell a book or CD to make a few bucks from what they have to tell. People claim if its not shared freely it is worthless... that WBers are obligated to tell their stuff for 'free'

Yet those same people are posting on a forum like this or ATS and have NO PROBLEM that a site like ATS is really a business and making big buck off the ADS that are on the 'free' site.

Sure you pay nothing but that is the reality someone is making money
Google and Yahoo apply the same principal... The masses generally follow links to ads etc and do buy stuff... if this was not true... there would be no point in the ads

There is a website that does an evaluation of your site... for net worth

http://www.dnscoop.com/

Type in ANY website address and they will do an evaluation based on tracking figure that will tell you what the site is worth...

Here is google.com

google.com was created on: September 15 1997

Domain age (approximately):
11 Years, 1 Months, 1 days..
Older domains tend to rank better, and they also tend to be worth more money.

The total number of pages that contain links to
google.com:

Site Value Report
The estimated value of http://google.com is: $1,184,000,000

This value is calculated based on several factors shown above, including: Links, Traffic (Alexa), age of the domain, site category, domain keyword popularity, and overall occurrences of the domain name on the web.

Here is AboveTopSecret.com...

abovetopsecret.com was created on: May 18 1997
Domain age (approximately):
11 Years, 5 Months, 1 days..

Wow just a few months before google

The total number of pages that contain links to
abovetopsecret.com:

The estimated value of a single link on abovetopsecret.com is: $102 /month
If you were to sell 8 links on abovetopsecret.com, you could generate $816/month in revenue for your website.

This value was not available for google as they are to big to calculate

Site Value Report
The estimated value of http://abovetopsecret.com is: $251,600
This value is calculated based on several factors shown above, including: Links, Traffic (Alexa), age of the domain, site category, domain keyword popularity, and overall occurrences of the domain name on the web.

So ATS is worth $250 million no wonder they turned down 20 million (according to Springer in a board business post)

Project Camelot...

Link Value Report by Text-Link-Ads
Text Link Ads
The estimated value of a single link on www.projectcamelot.org is: $19 /month
If you were to sell 8 links on www.projectcamelot.org, you could generate $152/month in revenue for your website.

Site Value Report
The estimated value of http://www.projectcamelot.org is: $13,080

I LOVE the internet... I can snoop on EVERYONE

MAUHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Old 10-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
zorgon

Quote:
Ok, now the discussion on tools like the web bot of half past human got some attention I think the time is ripe for this.

Do you know you can use a web bot in forums to 'sniff out' key words and make it do stuff?

We all know about the auto swear word censors... BUT you can use it to filter out key words.

'some' sites use it in PM's to delete certain undesirable content... like a link to a competitors website..

also I know one place that every time you use a key word, a banner appears below your post linking you to a promo thread on that topic

three I have identified is 'FOIA', '911' and '9/11' and a set 'Obama,McCain,Elections...

Very interesting use og web bots

Makes you ask..

Just what else are they seeking?
Old 10-19-2008, 08:08 PM   #4
Elephant Man
Avalon Senior Member

Elephant Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #5
Banned

They're free to get people to use them. For the same reason that almost all mainstream software and OS have built-in backdoors for intelligence gathering, government or otherwise.
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:25 PM   #6
Ali Quadir
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Did you ever question why it's free ?
I know why that is... I doubt that you do... But I'll be glad to inform you

Quote:
Did you ever question why communication tools like msn and most tools to create a forum are free ?
Msn like hotmail is free because microsoft wants to have internet monopoly. It's like giving away free pens and noteblocks. People use your little tools so they will use your big tools.

The software for this forum isn't actually free.... It is payed for us by the forum owners.

Quote:
I'd be more concerned if I were you if you're using the payed stuff...

Are you using windows and internet explorer? Did you know those two send back a lot of what you're doing to microsoft? Are you playing online computer games? Did you know they actually report the other programs you're using back to the authors. Of course this is primarily to check for cheating but still..

Did you know there is a free operating system named linux? It is free both as in free beer, and as in free speech. Unregulated completely free of trojans and spyware and you don't have to pay a dime to get it. It's not hard to use, any computer illiterate can install and use it and it's immune to viruses and trojans. It allows you to do everything you want to do on a computer. And all the code is published so people who are not illiterate actually spend time reading that code to learn from each other and to make sure your private information stays private. And that the software does what it claims to do so you as a person are protected.

Quote:
Yes, and where gmail hotmail and yahoo are concerned that price is called:
Advertisements.

People put advertisements on the same screen where you read your e-mail... Those advertisements pay for your e-mail...

Ali Quadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #7
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Even I dont bother to read the **** in my free email accounts

Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:59 PM   #8
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Free email ?

I see the point not being advertisement... (Although that can generate the money to maintain the site cost free.) But ownership of the data generated by its users..

Seeing that the owner of the site OWNS the medium the data is on, he OWNS the data also...

Some sites even claim that they own (With user agreement in the TOS.) the intellectual rights over the data.. Handy if one wants to write a book with said data. Also It can't be spying by a government/company, if one reads the data from a company or a user that was volunteered to be stored (Even temporary.) on your medium.. And even volunteered to be scanned for viruses... Computer (or Mind) As a service.

Paranoid or Aware?... Curse or Blessing?
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #9
Elephant Man
Avalon Senior Member

youve maybe seen this, but for those that havn't... dunno if its accurate, but would not suprise me,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B37wW9CGWyY

Elephant Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:44 AM   #10
Ali Quadir
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranceAm View Post
I see the point not being advertisement... (Although that can generate the money to maintain the site cost free.) But ownership of the data generated by its users..

Seeing that the owner of the site OWNS the medium the data is on, he OWNS the data also...
That's a valid concern.
Here's a relevant snippet from the terms of use for gmail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by google
9.4 Other than the limited license set forth in Section 11, Google acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under these Terms in or to any Content that you submit, post, transmit or display on, or through, the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that Content (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Google, you agree that you are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that Google has no obligation to do so on your behalf.
In short, the IP in messages is your own and never transfers to google... But you are responsible for enforcing those rights yourself...

In other words, if you transfer a book via gmail which is your own IP it remains your own IP...

Yahoo is the same. They make an exception. If you upload suggestions to Yahoo, then those suggestions become Yahoo IP.. In other words. if you give them a cool idea' they get the property rights for that idea... But this is not about the information contained in your e-mail.

I don't know about ALL the other services out there. And I can imagine that collaborative sites like wikipedia or forums like this one get the rights on your texts.. Usually that is so they get to bundle all the information in books or newsletters without having to go through complicated process for every individual author.

It's never a stupid move to actually read the terms of service. But if you do you will see that it's really not as bad as pictured here.

Not everyone is out to get us... Just a handfull...
Ali Quadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #11
arcora
Banned

Google was started with seed money from a CIA VC front called In-Q-Tel.

From the In-Q-Tel homepage..."In-Q-Tel identifies, adapts, and delivers innovative technology solutions to support the missions of the Central Intelligence Agency and the broader U.S. intelligence community". http://www.iqt.org/index.php

Google is repeatedly condemned by privacy advocates for their uber agressive use of tracking technology. Google knows who you are and every topic you have ever searched.

Recently Google came under fire for requiring that anyone who uses their new web browser hand over all rights to ownership of every file on their hard drive to Google. When this was discovered buried in the license to the browser, Google quickly characterized it as a 'mistake'.

Users who take advantage of all Google's 'free' services effectively give Google the ability to see every single thing that user has written, photographed, thought and done.

Google continues to play down the importance of the CIA front money but actions speak louder than words.

Microsoft came under similar scrutiny some years ago. There were accusations that Microsoft, at the behest of government, had created a back door into every single PC that runs Windows. The backdoor allowed government full and complete control of the computer to the govt as long as that PC was connected to the internet.

One version of Windows 95 had a file called 'NSA.key' which was visible in the system folder. When questions arose about what that particular file was used for, it was quickly removed (or renamed?) from subsequent versions of the software.

Government has a long history of working with private industry to snoop.

It has now been admitted by govt that they worked with cell phone manufacturers to require that every phone built have the ability have its microphone activated by the NSA and FBI - even while turned off. This technology has been brought out into the open during trials of mob figures. Yes, the FBI had acquired information about ongoing mob operations by listening to private one on one conversations that occured in the vicinity of an individual's cell phone - even though the phone was not in use at the moment. (FYI - this technology works whether the phone is powered on or not - the only way to circumvent it is to remove the battery from the phone).

Last edited by arcora; 10-20-2008 at 11:33 AM.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #12
arcora
Banned

Another thing.

Every email in the world is still routed through servers in Virginia. Virginia is home to the NSA (which is the real inventor of the internet). Coincidentally, Virginia is also home to AOL - the first mega ISP.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #13
arcora
Banned

And another thing.

If you use any free toolbar - Google, Yahoo! or otherwise, they know even more about who you are and track every webpage you visit. They also know how long you stay on a page and even track every mouse movement - whether or not you click it.

And even another thing...

Google's web browser has a built in key logger which sends all keystrokes to Google's servers. They also know what other applications you are running besides the browser. Every single thing is logged. Oh, did I mention they know who you are too?
Old 10-20-2008, 12:19 PM   #14
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

Here we go again.
Big brother is watching you.

Don't hide: Stare back at him untill he looks away.

Everybody in my street can see I drive a white 1991 Peugeot 405.
Everybody I phone sees my telephonenumber on his display.
I am admin of my own forum and I can see peoples IP-adresses so I can ban them if neccesary.
When I go out to make music I tell the audience who I am and where I come from.
If you google my name "Peer van der Hout" you get pages and pages.
Ever tried googling your own name between " "?

I once visited the lecture of an Indian Swami.
The guy was really enlightened and he hit me right between the eyes.
After he finished we could ask questions so I asked him:
Please give me a good advice. (very open question).
He thought for a while and then he said:

Do not phollow like sheep.

I never forgot that as you see (that was 35 years ago)

Those ads at the side of google are there for people who need them, the sheep.
Most of the time I don't even notice them.
You don't have to read them and if you don't Gmail still functions perfectly.

Marten Luther King had a dream and he stood up and spoke right out.
Dare to dream with him because you see this dream is coming true.
Yes, he was shot because he was alone but if we all stand up to be seen and heard they will think twice before they shoot again.
Let us stand up with so many that they (whoever they are) have not enough bullets to kill us.

I have nothing to hide, on the contrary: I want to be seen and heard.
Would you believe somebody who spoke to you from behind a fence or a firewall or a mask?
Would you believe an unknown voice speakin' to you from the other room, not wanting to say his name?
Why do you hide behind nicks?
Who are you?

Do not follow like sheep.

Stand up and be heard, be seen so they will know there are real people wanting to talk to them and ask real questions that they will have to answer with real answers.

Dare to dream and share your dream with the world and don't let it slip into oblivion like sheep.
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:20 PM   #15
arcora
Banned

Sheesh...there's more too. (Sorry for the multiple posts but all this info is coming back to me in waves).

Did you ever wonder what happens when you visit Windows update? Why does it take so long to tell you what's available?

Windows has built in ability to tell microsoft about every single file you have on your PC - and they use it.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:27 PM   #16
arcora
Banned

Something else too.

Google has developed (and is implementing) technology that sends all sounds from the built in microphone in your PC to them. They can hear you too (similar to the cell phone microphones).
Old 10-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #17
arcora
Banned

@Peer

The point isn't that Big Brother is watching - it is to inform the people as to the extent. If you use any of these technologies (free and paid) your life is an open book. You are right that there isn't anything to fear - because fear is useless. But people should at least be aware.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:21 PM   #18
Kimmie
Avalon Senior Member

I believe the answer-the original question in Post #1 was looking for is:

So you can be watched/tracked.

I've always been a fan of "K.I.S.-Keep It Simple"
(I know it's suppose to be "K.I.S.S.-yet I refrain from calling people"S. Stupid").

Peer, Your post was priceless..."Here we go again. Big Brother is watching You. Don't hide: Stare back at him until he looks away" Thank You, this comment will run through my head from time to time and I will chuckle to myself every time it does.

I don't mean in anyway to downplay the wealth of facts (important facts at that) offered by the rest of those posting. I just sometimes feel like people overthink things and get themselves all sturred up on the forums. I call it "Internet Road Rage".

Blessings to you all...in some way find a little time today to "act silly" and be "light hearted" I hear it makes you harder to chew on.

Kimmie
Kimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #19
arcora
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie View Post
I don't mean in anyway to downplay the wealth of facts (important facts at that) offered by the rest of those posting. I just sometimes feel like people overthink things and get themselves all sturred up on the forums. I call it "Internet Road Rage".
Are you suggesting that thinking and analysis is somehow detrimental?

The info posted is to inform. How the individual chooses to react to the facts is entirely up to the individual.

Fear and rage were introduced into this thread by you and peer - As in "Try not to think of a black cat".
Old 10-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #20
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
@Peer

The point isn't that Big Brother is watching - it is to inform the people as to the extent. If you use any of these technologies (free and paid) your life is an open book. You are right that there isn't anything to fear - because fear is useless. But people should at least be aware.
Hi Arcora, you're certainly right there.
Yes we've learned to do things in the dark because everything nice is either a sin, forbidden, makes you pregnant or fat.

Our governments also have done their things in the dark because of the same reason but this time seen from the opposite side.
Well now: We have learned to separate the light from the dark and also that light is good and dark is bad.

But in the chinese philosofy we see that yin slowly changes to yang and vice versa and that that is the principle of life and nature.
What we see now is that things from the dark come into the light and we hate what we see and we also see that things that were in the light like love and peace are driven into the darkness.

That freedom of speech only can be practiced in closed environments and that the evil things like greed come into the light and that they are trying to save it with even more greed. (Give me at least $ 1.000.000.000.000.= and it wil be alright......what a lie)

It is a law of nature that everything without an opponent will change in it's own opposite: Yin will change to Yang and vice versa.

You saw it start to happen in 1989 when the Berlinwall fell.
Russia drew back so US had no opponent anymore so US had to draw back or else it would tumble over.
They should have withdrawn but they didn't: They created a new enemy instead; one that couldn't be seen, traced etc so the game of spoiling money could continu.
But they did such a lousy job hiding their traces that it became clear to the whole world that is was a created enemy.

Seeing the traces and results of thermite in WTC and WTC 7 collapsing without even being hit, (it even was on the news BEFORE it had happened,) who would still believe it was Bin Laden and his Alqaedagang?

But created enemies don't fight back so you have to fight yourself and and by doing so spend double the money so you can make double the profit but it is clear who did it.
This system has to fall. It should not be saved, there is nothing good to it.

So instead of complaining and being scared we should stop obeing this systems rules and start a new system where everybody is really equal and where every voice counts.
An economy based on sharing and giving (I know they already exist and function well) instead of seizing and possessing.

You can for instance cut all defense expenses.
No need for that anymore.
There are enough people to get everything done so instead of working 90 or 100 hours a week everybody works about 10-15 hours a week and spend the rest of the time with family and friends.

Utopia? No, real possibility.
The change is going on and all we have to do is loose our imposed fears and embrace the new world.
That will automaticly eliminate the illuminati and the nwo.
Create our own new world order.

Last edited by Peer; 10-20-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:34 PM   #21
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

@ Kimmie:
Do you remember those two cannibals eating a clown?
One asks: What do you think?
The other one says: Tastes funny.......

That what you mean?

Last edited by Peer; 10-20-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #22
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

American way of saying you agree:
I'll buy it....

Sounds funny don't it?
Old 10-20-2008, 06:02 PM   #23
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I dont like the big brother stuff but there is nothing I do or say that is of any interest to it.

Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:06 AM   #24
Morgan
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.consumerwebwatch.org/dyna...ig-brother.cfm

Dear Big Brother
Free Web-Based E-mail Services Can Cost You Some Privacy

Describes some of the privacy issues with Gmail, MSN, etc. and then towards the end of the article provides some suggestions for alternative free web-based e-mail.

edit

oh oh oh

www.scroogle.org

Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:14 AM   #25
Kimmie
Avalon Senior Member

Peer, Sorry I didn't mean to stur the pot. The thing about posting on-line is you never know the "Frame of Mind" of the author of a post-nor the frame of mind of the reader, when they read what is written and then reply.

Please let me explain. I take the content of these forums very seriously, yet it seems in the last week or so many of the forums seem to go in a negative or even combative direction.
This morning my daughter had called to say that my Mom didn't know who she(my daughter) was on Sat. during a visit, and that she (Mom) had told my daughter she should wrap her baby in Bubble wrap to protect him. He's 6 weeks old, and not much bigger than the dolls she (my Mom)used to sell in her shop. Mom's dying from cancer, has a tumor that runs from her temple to her chin-most likely she won't be with us by Christmas. The cancer is in the jawbone and advancing-couple that with the medication and she's slipping away, from us.

I have to look at it that for each of us "there is a time for us to leave this earth", and her's is now.

Who knows when it will be time for us that chat on here to take our last breath ! Will we all go together or will we pay for what we post individually? Pay for exploring ideas about what is happening in our world on here publically?. I guess I look for comfort here among you all as an extended family- and honestly, I try at times to find a friendly "topic" to read about...this morning I thought ...'Free Emails?'... might be a friendly topic.

Maybe I was just writing "act silly" and 'Light hearted' to myself...you see I have three grandsons under 4 years old and i am trying to keep things playful for them...while my four adult kids(their parents)are loosing their beloved grandmother. Life is unpredictable, so it makes me feel that if I'm on here posting and something I write offends someone of authority enough to call in my card for my last day on earth-then that will be when it's my time to go. Until then I'll stay involved in a ground crew, help my neighbors and try to hold my family together with all the Love and Joy I can create for them. And!!! And!!.. try to figure out how to tell them all about my beliefs in the midst of all this!!

I apologize if my comments this morning were taken wrong...they were ment to make ya'll smile. Now maybe I should have K.I.S. myself (with this posting).

Blessings to you all. Love your families where ever in this grand universe they may be!!

Kimmie
Kimmie is offline   Reply With Quote