Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:43 AM   #1
Paul.T.
Avalon Senior Member

Default Do I have information overload?

I began to open my eyes less than a year ago. Since then I have learned about the Illuminati, builderbergs and NWO, followed by ancient cults and civilizations that started them and alien biengs that spawned the whole thing on this planet we call earth. I am learning about the way the universe works and the spirit within us all, the vast amounts of free energy technology that we once had during Atlantis and now is a secret. Mayans, Hopis, Pliedians, greys, Annunaki, etc.

Everything I have read and watched has opened my eyes and made me ask more questions. follow more trails. But I feel i am getting more and more confused and pulled into 19.5 different directions.!!

How do the seasoned members here handle the vast and wide variety of "The Big Picture" with so many diferent subjects and topics and my curious nature, it's a recipe for mental meltdown.

I really would appreciate any feedback, for i seem to have not gotten an owners operating manual for this body when I was born.
Paul.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:45 AM   #2
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Do I have information overload?

welcome.

run now while you have a chance.
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:46 AM   #3
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

but seriously welcome.
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:56 AM   #4
Brian En
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.T. View Post
I began to open my eyes less than a year ago. Since then I have learned about the Illuminati, builderbergs and NWO, followed by ancient cults and civilizations that started them and alien biengs that spawned the whole thing on this planet we call earth. I am learning about the way the universe works and the spirit within us all, the vast amounts of free energy technology that we once had during Atlantis and now is a secret. Mayans, Hopis, Pliedians, greys, Annunaki, etc.

Everything I have read and watched has opened my eyes and made me ask more questions. follow more trails. But I feel i am getting more and more confused and pulled into 19.5 different directions.!!

How do the seasoned members here handle the vast and wide variety of "The Big Picture" with so many diferent subjects and topics and my curious nature, it's a recipe for mental meltdown.

I really would appreciate any feedback, for i seem to have not gotten an owners operating manual for this body when I was born.

I was just thinking that I'm getting overloaded too. I'll usually just turn on some mindless tv just to give myself a bit of a break.
Brian En is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:59 AM   #5
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

That was kinda funny dagon...

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say, "The more questions one asks, leads to more questions"...

However I enjoy not knowing all, pondering the magnificants of it all (I say this quite a bit) is extremely entertaining and the apprehension is exciting.

Flow like water, have no resistence (as the Borg state quite well, resistence is futile) operate from the resonance that 'fits' you.

Peace always

Last edited by Ross H; 12-15-2009 at 04:07 AM.
Ross H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:00 AM   #6
Instead
Avalon Senior Member

I have the same issue to contend with and here's how I deal with working through it.

I try to stick to the Handbook for the new paradigm series for my spiritual growth, although I respect any and all paths toward enlightenment.

I put as much as possible on my MP3 player so I can go the the gym, work, ect. WHILE feeding my mind. (Most all of Bill and Kerry's interviews were listened to while doing yardwork, outside walking and at the gym)

I ask myself if I REALLY need to watch videos or read MORE information that is just confirming my suspicions about the changes that lie ahead. My answer is usually, NO. That info is meant to reach others in the waking up process, NOT me. Things are going bad, the world is headed into crisis. I got it.

And lastly, I try to stick to carving out a set amount of time involved in all this info overload and spend time with my family and other priorities with the rest of my waking day.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by Instead; 12-15-2009 at 04:05 AM.
Instead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:05 AM   #7
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Well, the most important thing is: do not EXPECT definitive answers.

Most people tend to think dualistic: good and bad. Recently I was watching the movie chronicles of Riddick with family
and they kept asking me who are the good guys and who are the bad guys.
This film is a good example that there is no such thing except characters/factions with their individual agenda.

I tend to think in transparent layers .... each layer has it own image, questions and answers. In this way you can separate
issues and analyze them individually. If you want the final resulting picture then stack all layers and find the connecting dots.

But as Bill Cooper has put it ... none of the individual issues seem to make sense unless you factor in the ET phenomenon.
So, probably that's the most important issue, the glue which sticks it together ....

Hope that helps you. It works for me.

Cheers
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:05 AM   #8
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instead View Post
I have the same issue to contend with and here's how I deal with working through it.

I try to stick to the Handbook for the new paradigm series for my spiritual growth, although I respect any and all paths toward enlightenment.

I put as much as possible on my MP3 player so I can go the the gym, work, ect. WHILE feeding my mind. (Most all of Bill and Kerry's interviews were listened to while doing yardwork, outside walking and going to the gym)

I ask myself if I REALLY need to watch videos or read MORE information that is just confirming my suspicions about the changes that lie ahead. My answer is usually, NO. That info is meant to reach others in the waking up process, NOT me. Things are going bad, the world is headed into crisis. I got it.

And lastly, I try to stick to carving out a set amount of time involved in all this info overload and spend time with my family and other priorities with the rest of my waking day.

I hope that helps.
Wise of you.

Peace
Old 12-15-2009, 04:12 AM   #9
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

This is what works for me when I feel overloaded.
Firstly take a break from it all, allow yourself to absorb the information and think it through. Even if it takes a few months just do it, its the best thing sometimes to clear your head.

Also I like to visualize myself looking down on the planet from space somewhere, rising above everything seems to help me fit pieces of the puzzle together that may have seemed completely disconnected before. It simplifies the confusion for me.

And exercise is also a big thing I love to do. Going on long runs always clears things up for me. Running is actually what first got me started in meditation as I realized that was often what I was doing.

Quote:
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:25 AM   #10
Gevaudan
Avalon Senior Member

I have experienced this in the past, Paul. I believe it to be a perfectly normal part of the awakening process. We spend most of our lives chasing carrots before we realize there are other vegetables that taste good too. The carrot represents (insert here whatever you believed to be true most of your life) and the other vegetables can be Annunaki, Nephilim, Bilderburgers, NWO, etc. Before long you realize that you have all of this mess to contend with. What to do?...What to do?

Chop it all up. Mix it together, and make a beautiful salad. Pour dressing (understanding via discernment) over it, and nourish your belly (mind/body/soul) with the fruits of your labors.

In all seriousness though, do not fall into fear. It can be overwhelming at times, as we tend to be afraid of being led down the wrong road. Most of this material is very hairy, and most of the time we have no way to affirm or debunk any of this material. You will have moments of despair, but you will also have moments of profound joy. It is an exciting adventure upon which I'm glad I embarked. Keep a sense of humor about you, and all will be well. There is nothing to fear. If perchance there is something to fear, we will handle it when the time arrives. For now, continue to awaken my brother.

In the bonds of Friendship, Love and Truth...

G

**Sorry if the salad analogy is overly corny. I started with chasing carrots and...well...you see how my imagination takes off.
Gevaudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:55 AM   #11
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Well, I'm only about a year ahead of you, so I don't know about the "seasoned" bit, but here goes.

You've discovered you've been lied to about just about everything and you're looking for the truth. What you need to keep in mind is that you are still being lied to about a lot of stuff and you need to be careful about what you take on board. In order to validate what you are learning, you need to seek out real experience. I won't specify what this experience should be, your intuition will lead you there. Good luck!
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:15 AM   #12
TempestGarden
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Paul,

I am going to call the authorities because you are stealing my life. I don't think I have ever read anything that mirrors my own life more than this post and what you have gone through in the last year. I was just a little shocked, to say the least when I read this and realized that my life has unfolded in the exact same way as yours has since the beginning of this year.

I am not kidding or exaggerating at all! I honestly went through those same series of events that you did in the exact same order of discovery. It might be possible that I am slightly further along that you are, but certainly not by much!

Because I too am a huge seeker of knowledge, I have gone through the same mental processes that you have for some time now. The only thing that I have done to cope is just keep gathering as much info as I possibly can and keeping the things that resonate with me and discarding the things that don't.

Based upon where you are at in your journey at this time, you might want to have a look at A'sha-yana Deane's website and material. Assuming of course that you are not already familiar with her. She has written three different books that can be a challenging read, but I think it explains what is going on well, in this so-called "Earth drama" we are experiencing. Here is her website, for starters...

http://www.azuritepress.com/

It's possible that this material will not resonate with you, but that is a chance I am willing to take because I have a sneaky suspicion that it will.

Also, it's helpful to realize that in the grand scheme of things, all of this stuff is very small and constitutes only a very small portion of our true lives. Since we are eternal beings, it helps me to sometimes stop thinking about things, take a lot of slow deep breaths and consciously understand that no matter what happens, I am going to be OK. No matter what the outcome of all this is, we all have a part to play and when our life is done here, we have many, many more journeys to go on. It's one thing to know this in the back of your mind and it's something else entirely to live this. This is something I have to keep reminding myself all the time.

If you need any further assistance or advice, don't hesitate to contact me through PM.

Last edited by TempestGarden; 12-15-2009 at 05:24 AM.
TempestGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #13
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

I searched and searched, and this website got my heart / head on straight: www.askrealjesus.com ~

(i've been linking to it only recently ~ here's another ) ~ for me, spiritual foundation is primary ~ then understanding the outer stuff becomes a lot more clear ~ remember Kingdom of Heave is inside of you here and Now ~ Truth will set you free, but Truth is Self realization ~ Truth inside of you not outside of you ~

Follow still small voice in your heart ~ beyond thinking is Being ~ surrender to Being and you are home ~ ;0)
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:56 AM   #14
Phr0z3n
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagon View Post
run now while you have a chance.
HAHAHA!!!

I wouldn't say that you have information overload. Merely unanswered questions that are backlogging your brain. I have always tried to distance from asking to many "what if" questions or trying to figure out correlations between conspiracies. When I do go looking for information, I treat it like reading a newspaper. That way I don't overindulge myself, and I only take in the stories I want to. I can always check back the next day for new developments if I'm really interested in it.

Make sure you take breaks like people have already suggested. It really does clear your head. Recently, I was stuck into reading everything I could about the Norway event. My eyes were hurting and I gave myself a headache. So I went outside for a break and when I looked up at the night sky I saw a couple of shooting stars. I felt completely refreshed a few minutes later and came back inside(more so cause it was f***ing cold outside).
Phr0z3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:41 AM   #15
Tramik
Avalon Senior Member

Just remember to take everything in moderation, and that this is all an experience, a game more or less. Chances are you're not learning anything new, you're just remembering the things you've forgotten.
Tramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #16
Paul.T.
Avalon Senior Member

I am truly grateful to all the responses and suggestions. I see that many of us have shared the same experiences going through this, we are truly all one.
Everything fascinates me and I am constantly following new information leads, far enough to sometimes forget where I started. There are times when I stumble across 2 different stories that seem to negate each other about a subject. that's when I get more confused because i want one of them to be true!

The search for truth isn't easy....but it sure is pulling your hair out fun!!!!!! (just kidding about the hair pulling)
Paul.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #17
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Everything fascinates me and I am constantly following new information leads, far enough to sometimes forget where I started.
I do the same thing.

For me, the internet can be more of a problem than a solution, because it's so easy to be taken in by links after links after links, given right here on the forum, which can cause me to get caught in a maze.

I'm learning to go right to the "About Me" or "About Us" tab on a new website before I consider reading the article in question to make sure it's something I want to spend my time on. Also, often links are re-published articles from some other website, and I have to keep clicking until I get to the original source.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #18
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

I went through the same thing, shock, anger, then I took responsibility for the "ignore" in the word ignorance. How cleverly designed it all was I thought...

For me to have given away my power to authority even when I thought had not. Then there is plenty of energies generated that can eat one up if not directed in a more healthy way.

My journey began doing research in the medical world because a close friend of mine, his wife, developed glioblastoma (deadly brain tumor).. this was at a time before computers were in our homes, '93.

So, I began to put together a patient advocacy business, a free library w/contacts for people to become educated, and my friend (who had a lot of rage when his wife died) became an Naturopath (long story there).

I think that one must not only pass it on to others regardless of whether they think you are bonkers or not... your energy needs to be directed somewhere that allows you to feel that you are helping others.

A website just popped into mind... Montalk.net has a section, I think it's called "Fringe for Beginners"...

At that time, in the mid-90's one felt very much alone... and now that we have computers, we make connections with other people and try to support others with or without money.

Hang in there. And welcome!
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #19
dAkapacity
Avalon Senior Member

'The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off'... but you can also add to it: it will confuse you, scare you ****less, then make you sad or bring you apathy... it seems like you die, but then you let it go (you have to), look at it again, leave it be, you don't feed it, you look at other truths, your truth, their truth, a timeline of possible truths, your own influence on collective truth-making, your true self, you see levels of lies, levels of truth, LOVE as the highest truth, you as an important part of that, you laugh, you love... you're free, you're Light & we're 1Love...

In my case/opinion this doesn’t happen only linearly... most of the time all of the above happen in no particular order, sometimes at the same time, and occasionally, when I take the time to stay centered and focussed, I experience the latter with a buddha smile. I prefer the latter

Peace, light and lots of love,
dA.
dAkapacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #20
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Great questions !!

i too have had these thoughts...and discussed them with my husband GaiaLove..He has been with Avalon for some time now, and he seems to find his way thru the piles of information very well. i have learned alot from talking with him .

Perhaps finding a guide here is the key...someone that can point you in the right direction...

Dont be to overwhelmed.. sometimes i will read everything.. other times i scan for what i am looking for..

this is a place of information...but above all it is a place for love

Welcome
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:35 PM   #21
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

If you feel overloaded try wrting down what you currently see as the big picture, or grand scheme overall.
It might help you sort it out, and you'll look back on it oneday, and see what was right and what was off. It's funny looking back at things I wrote only a few years ago. I cringe at some, and think, "How could I have forgotten that!" about others.

Importantly though, in your continued quest, don't make any one person or website your Guru. Be prepared to listen to opposing arguments.

Maybe you can't decide which is right either? Then just hold onto them both in the back of your mind then keep an eye out in your quest for bits and pieces that match with either and eventually you'll be able to decide which has the greater weight, or fits better in the rest of the big picture.

Happy hunting.
Oh, and I liked your 19.5 joke. lol.
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #22
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Paul and the rest who are fairly new here, welcome, at first there is a fascination as to all that is going on as you are finding the answers or directions to so many of the unsolved why's in your thought process, then there's the sense that you want to educate as many people as you know about everything you have just realized.Now you are awakened.

Then the big boom comes when 90% think you have just taken up cliff diving and you hit your head. Then you insist within yourself of the let down that you have experienced that you must learn more to prove your point and thats when the over exposure starts , overload, and frustration.

It is at this point you need to take a break , go back to your regular routine for a while and re-group, when you come back you'll have that energy again and a different perspective as to what you have been looking for and the desire to continue on, Now you are at the point to create the light by knowledge and by doing so others will follow but all in time.

And the most important thing you have found here is the main thrust of this entire Avalon Family, Light, Love, Positives, and a pool of knowledge from individuals around the world who you feel like you have known your entire life and were on the same page together. . Thats the coolest part.
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #23
gita
Avalon Senior Member

You definitely are not alone – all these new truths and untruth is like trying to find your way out of the most intricate maze there is. I decided to take on board the info that resonates the truth with me and I pay attention to my gut and my heart as they seem to work very well together – of course they too are always subject to change! The search for truth is never ending as all the research topics are all connected and one thing always leads to another.
I figured out the reason why I come across conflicting stories and info is that the universe in its wisdom is trying to remind me not to make my new found truths and beliefs so rigid that it holds me a prisoner plus the fact the universe just wants to have a darn good laugh.
I think the bottom line is acceptance that there’s just so much dichotomies and paradoxes out there that we can never figure it out and all that’s left is to flow with it and create our lives in spite of it rather than react to it. The best thing is be a good, kind and decent human being and lead yourself – you really can’t go much wrong with that. Don’t even let info lead you but allow it to come to you.
Just throw your arms in the air, give out a deep sigh and laugh out loud for these are amazing and uncertain times we’re living in and at some level we choose to be here.
gita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #24
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator View Post
Well, the most important thing is: do not EXPECT definitive answers.

Most people tend to think dualistic: good and bad. Recently I was watching the movie chronicles of Riddick with family
and they kept asking me who are the good guys and who are the bad guys.
This film is a good example that there is no such thing except characters/factions with their individual agenda.
"First of all, you came light. A four-man crew for me? Insulting!"

"So here I sit. All back-of-the-bus and chit."

Great movie! One of my personal favorites.

Paul T; Welcome to the rabbit hole!
There flat isn't any single source truth to be had, period! Anyone who tells you so is selling something.

Neither does it pay to run from one "whistleblower" to the next. And forget all this junk about "that one is lying, because his tale doesn't agree with the other". Plain fact is, many of these folk have come out of incredibly compartmentalized enviroments. They may be very sincere and truthfull about what they know/saw, but keep in mind the tale about the three blind men trying to describe an elephant.

What's in the future?
Think of a squirrel running out on a branch. The farther out he goes, the shakier it gets.

The best cure for information overload is perspective, and assimilation. Furiously digging for more leaves little time for that. 30+ years of it has taught me that much.

"If you find yourself caught out in the rain, don't bother running. It's raining everywhere." - D. T. Suzuki

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #25
twoRone
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

that should be 19.47 directions

great post!.. welcome to the ride.. it's got thrills and chill and it's very loud...etc

Just take what resonates and integrate it.. there's a lot of BS out there.. what I try to remember is
--I chose to be here.. and it's suppose to be an honor, although sometimes it doesn't appear to be.
twoRone is offline   Reply With Quote