Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

View Poll Results: Where do you stand?
I am a willing New Age Movement member - and proud of it. 9 20.00%
I am NOT in the New Age Movement, why do people keep insisting that I am? 10 22.22%
I know ALL about the New Age Movement, and I can't STAND it. 11 24.44%
What is the New Age Movement? 15 33.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #26
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Are you a part of the New Age Movement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardustaquarion View Post
Ok warriorservant I get you, dogma, dogma, blind dogma....

I agree to disagree with you politely, you are giving no scientific explanation ok

Cheers
I'm with you on this one Stardustaquarian, I don't understand why people prefer to stay stuck in 2000 yr old dogma that was designed to use fear, guilt
and shame to control the masses, and Satan as the tool for temptation into evil. They are so brainwashed into believing that there is only one path to heaven and all other paths are deception, that it's difficult for them to understand that there's a learning spiral on the souls journey up towards union with God. Beginners, or newer souls start at the religious fundamentalist level and the more advanced souls take the new age route...
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #27
haibane
Avalon Senior Member

Where I'm from - a small, backwards, also very secular, country where very few people even speak enough English to make any good use of it - there's very little of organized 'New Age Movement', although there are plenty of books of course, but the whole thing carries with it much more of the scent of obscurity then in English speaking countries. So it's merely something I've heard of and read of, but actually have had very little chance to encounter in person :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorServant View Post
Belief of what the Bible says and that it is the word of God, does not make someone "religious".
I beg to differ - to me this is pretty much THE definition of religion, even if a bit over-simplified ;)
haibane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:47 AM   #28
morganlilith
Avalon Senior Member

none of the choices in the poll apply to me.

i think some of the disagreement here is semantic. i see a difference between what might be considered 'new age thoughts and/or beliefs' and 'the new age movement'. there are too many differing definitions of what constitutes the new age movement for many of us to be able to choose from the choices offered in the poll.
morganlilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:01 AM   #29
Lionhawk
Avalon Senior Member

With all due respect, the Holy Bible is a book full of holes. That is why they call it holy. It is second hand information written by men. Now maybe this so called false God called Jehovah wrote it, but he is not the God of our Universe or the Prime Creator. He is an impostor with ET technology who has played humanity right into enslavement. The book has no power, as you can give it to a demon and he will take it. Because the dark know the dark. Besides God already wrote what you need to know through the process of creating you. The book is of the template of duality. It did not come from the template of oneness. I also have a story and in my story, I tested this so called Holy book and it failed big time. There was very little in there that I did use in my own inner development that actually worked. Such as seeking the truth within and not without (without meaning outside of self). And where you can become like me but not of me, and can also do greater things than I have done. I know what that means in the first hand.

I'm not talking religion here. To say Jesus was the Creator's first son is also false. Or to get to God you must go through Christ is also false. If you find yourself believing this as so then that tells me that it hasn't been tested. Just accepted as so. But if you do the actual work and test it you find that this is not so. I'm sorry but I find much of this biblical information as dis information.

It really matters not as if this is what people want to delude themselves with, it is their choice. I only know what I have actually proven and to this day I have never heard God speak out of a book. Here is what it comes down to and that is your foundation. If your foundation is made of concrete or it is made of the virtual stuff. The stuff someone hasn't proven. I will gladly take a foundation made of proven materials any day over something that hasn't been proven.

Ask yourself have you met God?
Ask yourself if you have met Jesus?

Ask as in the first hand and not the second hand. Because if your are trying to have a foundation that is solid but you are only in your own believing mind than your foundation will just be as holy as the bible is full of holes.

Jesus said to test everything. Well when I hear people take him up on that then I'll start listening. Until then it is only a bunch of words on the screen that only causes more distractions away from the real truth. I am really getting tired of all this stuff I read anymore.

Just BE. Allow yourself to be. When you do that, God will express himself directly. And then miracles will happen.

The New age is just a bunch of old age. It was about bringing the secrets out of the old age into the new dawn of humanity. In reality it is all the same thing as a movement through time. It has always been a marketing ploy. Ask yourself how much money has been created out of it and while you are at it see if God signs your paycheck. I rest my case.
Lionhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:11 AM   #30
WarriorServant
Banned

Just in case anyone is wondering why I have not responsed any further to this topic, is because it has become a religious debate (which has absolutely nothing to do with the thread), and even though I HAVE responses, I'm not going to provide them.

I will respond further when someone has something to say about the actual thread, and not veiled messages towards the thread writer, ie: me. I get it. Heaps of people around here can't stand the Bible and wish to call anyone who does read it brainwashed. Ok, ok.. but it's getting old.

Waiting for responses on the OP.

edit: If I DO get pulled into this argument, all that would happen is that after 3 pages,people will start saying: "Why do you come here arguing all about the Bible?" (when I DIDN'T), as if it were all my fault.
WarriorServant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:26 AM   #31
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Mod Hat OFF!

Your thread, has a 'feel' of 'baiting' to me, You have made your views quite clear in other threads about where 'you' stand on 'The New Age Movement'

So, Whats the real purpose?

Last edited by Ross H; 12-14-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Ross H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:28 AM   #32
WarriorServant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jross View Post
Mod Hat OFF!

Your thread, has a 'feel' of 'baiting' to me, You have made your views quite clear in other threads about where 'you' stand on 'The New Age Movement'

So, Whats the real purpose?
How on earth can a forum run properly when moderators are behaving like this?

What on earth is your problem?

If moderators can't stick to the topic, then what incentive do members have to?

I am really beginning to wonder why I waste my time with this poorly run storyboard forum.

IF ANYONE HAS A RESPONSE TO THE TOPIC - I'M ALL EARS!

Last edited by Ross H; 12-14-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:41 AM   #33
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Quote:
How on earth can a forum run properly when moderators are behaving like this?

What on earth is your problem?

If moderators can't stick to the topic, then what incentive do members have to?

I am really beginning to wonder why I waste my time with this poorly run storyboard forum.

IF ANYONE HAS A RESPONSE TO THE TOPIC - I'M ALL EARS!
You did not read correctly....

'MOD HAT OFF' please re-read my post.

I posted as a member, my 'Personal' view of this thread. So dont drag 'Moderators cant stick to topics' into this. I speak for myself, as a member, I did not speak on behalf of other Moderators or other members.

you understand?
Ross H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:52 AM   #34
WarriorServant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jross View Post
You did not read correctly....

'MOD HAT OFF' please re-read my post.

I posted as a member, my 'Personal' view of this thread. So dont drag 'Moderators cant stick to topics' into this. I speak for myself, as a member, I did not speak on behalf of other Moderators or other members.

you understand?
You are a MODERATOR.

You should be cleaning this mess up and asking people to stick to the topic.

You should not allow this growing perception that it's ok to make fun of the guy that read the Bible bandwagon to keep growing -- letalone PARTICIPATE in it.

Hey Anchor. You want to do some moderating?

HERE'S A GREAT THREAD TO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL!

Can you go and create a "I hate religion" forum for everyone to vent their frustrations, so that the don't feel the need to derail the threads of anyone that MENTIONS the Bible. This thread has NOTHING to do with the Bible, but the posters know that the PERSON who created it reads it, so that means that "I will NEVER be allowed to have my say about ANYTHING" on this forum without that same bandwagon coming along to derail everything!

THE MODS "ALLOW IT" and say: "Well that's just how it goes"..

NO IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

FIX IT! FIX THE PROBLEM!

ASK PEOPLE TO STAY ON TOPIC!

What I am requesting is FAIR, LOGICAL and NOT MUCH TO ASK!

P.S. Once you're done, go and clean up all my other threads where people felt the need to respond to the POSTER instead of the POST!

Old 12-14-2009, 03:08 AM   #35
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Lionhawk,

Personally I find a lot of value in the New Testament and some in the old, but only in both when the inner meaning is grasped an applied to ones own life rather than to defend or create an outer belief system.

There is much wisdom in the sayings attributed to Jesus in the New Testament and there are beautiful words and wisdom scattered throughout the 'bible' as well as hints at ancient histories and events. Many hints there, but I believe the reality is very few are willing to dig for the gold behind the outer word, behind the dead word, and connect to the inner Truths.

Personally, I do believe the only way to God is through Christ, however, I do not believe that the only way is through Jesus.

I suggest rather that Christ is a level of consciousness that Jesus demonstrated, consciousness based on Oneness. Just like Gautama Buddha is not the only Buddha. Buddha is also a level of consciousness.

I believe Jesus demonstrated the path to Christhood, the path to Christ consciousness.

I believe Jesus wanted us to follow in his footsteps and connect to the Universal Christ mind as he did, and do the works that he did, and Be one with the Father inside of us as Jesus was one with the Father inside of him.

I believe Jesus message has been misinterpreted by human egos to create religion based on outer beliefs and an outer path of Jesus doing all the work to 'save' oneself, without having to do the inner work to climb back in consciousness ourselves.

I do not think Jesus preached the outer path, I think he demonstrated the inner path that we all must take ~ the Way of Oneness ~ the Way of taking up our own cross, walking up the hill of the things of this world, and letting the shadow self, the separate self, die on the cross to BE reborn in Oneness with the Father within as Jesus was reborn in Oneness with the Father within.

And as discussed in an earlier post in this thread, Jesus himself talked about being with us to the end of the Age, and the water bearer, the Age of Aquarius being the sign for the coming back of the Christ which Jesus said would not come in the hills, underground (D.U.M.B.s) the secret places in the air (UFOs), but rather would come inside of us.

The second coming of the Christ consciousness is at hand and will bring in a new Age for humanity based on the rock of Christ consciousness rather than the shifting sands of the human ego.

~ Espavo ~
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:09 AM   #36
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

The New Golden Age is gonna be awesome!

Its the new age of Aquarius! Did I hear it starts on Dec 25th?
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:39 AM   #37
morganlilith
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Just in case anyone is wondering why I have not responsed any further to this topic, is because it has become a religious debate (which has absolutely nothing to do with the thread), and even though I HAVE responses, I'm not going to provide them.

I will respond further when someone has something to say about the actual thread, and not veiled messages towards the thread writer, ie: me. I get it. Heaps of people around here can't stand the Bible and wish to call anyone who does read it brainwashed. Ok, ok.. but it's getting old.

Waiting for responses on the OP.

edit: If I DO get pulled into this argument, all that would happen is that after 3 pages,people will start saying: "Why do you come here arguing all about the Bible?" (when I DIDN'T), as if it were all my fault.

um, i responded to the original post.

if you choose to ignore my response and just jump upon those that offend you, it DOES begin to look as if your poll was meant to bait.

i am not saying that that was your intent, but that it begins to appear so.
morganlilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:08 AM   #38
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

WarriorServant: Unfortunately, all your threads deteriorate into accusations, which is not gaining you any ground here. If you yourself bring in the words; God, Jesus, ET's, demons, into your responses then people will reply in kind to your statements. I am now confused as what you want of people. From what I have seen in your threads, you are the one leading the tone into religious discussion. As I said yesterday to you, if you want to steer clear of that type of discussion, then do not use these words in your responses. You too have a responsibility to how you word things.

I have tried to help you yesterday to get things on track, so you could share your story & stay in the forum, but now, I fear if you keep going the way you are, you will be asked to leave. You appear to want to argue & therefore be banned, so you can feel vindicated about your assertions. Its a bit of a game your playing I think & its not nice.

You have to take responsibility for whats happening to you, as well as the responses you are getting. We get back what we put out.

I don't want to see you banned, but I am asking you to take a look at why you get banned from forums in general.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:33 AM   #39
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
There is only one Holy Book worth reading.

Holy Bible (KJV).
Question,
what did people do,
before a bible was written ???

and ,

question 2)

what version do you accept as your gospel ???

cheers/susan
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:50 AM   #40
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

I think maybe I am the leader of the New Age Movement.
New Age Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:06 PM   #41
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

I just want to quickly expand on a comment I made elsewhere on thread that closed ~ I said I don't support the majority of channeled info ~

My point is, the source of Truth lays within us. Information from outside of us will never be the full Truth, can be downright deceptive, or can be mixed ~ I'm not suggesting we should be fearful of channeled information, and I'm not suggesting that there are not messengers of the Divine in embodiment now who are bringing forth material from the Ascended Realms of Pure Being ~ I'm simply suggesting that one of the things we are here to do is to work on our discernment ~ always coming up higher.

Sometimes channeled information that is not the most Pure, will still help us break out of whatever mental box we may be stuck in ~ we should go where we feel inspired to go without fear, However the key is that we must always be willing to let go of a teaching or a teacher to come up higher ~ misplaced loyalty is attachment ~ what may have broken us out of a mental box we were stuck in ~ will simply create a new mental box, a new prison, if we are not willing to transcend it as well ~

So be loyal to no teaching, Be loyal to no belief ~ always be willing to transcend our mindset for higher Truth ~ Seek and we shall find ~ ask and it will Be given ~ the Truth will set us free to Be ~ not give us a new mind construct of reality that is simply a fancier way of looking at things but does not free us from non-being...

Espavo ~ 14
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #42
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Dear WarriorServant,

i have spent some of my time today, reading, and re-reading your posts. You are obviously a very passionate human being.

i to am very passionate..

i have read the responses to your comments and noticed how easily your words create negative responses...

i know that negative action (or words) lead to negative living (or thoughts)

Please elaborate on "new age" ... so i may respond accordingly

i do not easily classify myself as anything more then... Human...

Your heart is deep and filled with need to share...

*céline hugs you*
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:24 PM   #43
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

Yes i would love to know his interpretation of New Ager means to him
Shadowstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:36 PM   #44
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

I think it origionally started in the 1970's. when songs like "By the Rivers of Babylon" and "This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius" came out. People grew their hair long and started smoking that green stuff that I'm not allowed to mention. They were called new agers because they saw a new age was just around the corner and a lot of new doctrine came out. Primarily it was based on the oneness concept and freedom. A lot of people got lost in the doctrine and thus got lost and fell away from it eventually.

Well, here we are on the doorstep of a new age about to open the door. No mater if we want to or not we are all going to go through that door. Once we step through the door we get a couple of doors we can step through. One door leads to the golden age. The entire planet is moving into a new age so I guess you could say we are all in the "new Age Movement". So many cultures and philosophies point at the golden age so I guess it is a given that it is happening.

Blessings,

Initiate
Initiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:21 PM   #45
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

It depends on what exactly you mean by New Age.

Do you mean in a religious sense that doesn't allow listening and staying open to the endless possibilities? Because the answer would be NO.

If you mean it in the sense that I am abiding by certain creeds without any reassesment of convictions; again NO.

If what you mean by New Age is exploring Spirituality with a more Modernistic approach, the answer would be YES.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:17 PM   #46
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendingStarseed View Post
I'm with you on this one Stardustaquarian, I don't understand why people prefer to stay stuck in 2000 yr old dogma that was designed to use fear, guilt
and shame to control the masses, and Satan as the tool for temptation into evil. They are so brainwashed into believing that there is only one path to heaven and all other paths are deception, that it's difficult for them to understand that there's a learning spiral on the souls journey up towards union with God. Beginners, or newer souls start at the religious fundamentalist level and the more advanced souls take the new age route...
I like that it makes sense, what you said there, WS must be a beginner soul. HMM never thought of that thank you.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:17 PM   #47
alchemikey
Avalon Senior Member

if new age means seeing everything around me as a mirror and hoping to be of service knowing we are all one then yeah i am new age
alchemikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:19 PM   #48
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemikey View Post
if new age means seeing everything around me as a mirror and hoping to be of service knowing we are all one then yeah i am new age
Same here
Old 12-14-2009, 11:34 PM   #49
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemikey View Post
Speaking of Mirrors....

Some quotes from http://www.treeincarnation.com/inside-out-universe.htm

"Eureka! The underlying form of our universe is a mirrored, oscillating IO-Sphere, which turns inside-out, then outside-in, at light cubed speed"

"First mirror axiom: Mirrors turn things inside out. "

"Second mirror axiom: A physically flat mirror is cognitively a curved surface. "

"Third mirror axiom: All mirrors are curved surface sections of a single cognitive sphere."

"Fourth mirror axiom: The far side of a mirror is a concept zone of pure forms."

"Fifth mirror axiom: Mirrors are portholes into the individual mind, the collective mind and thus the mind of God."
New Age Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:43 PM   #50
beren
Avalon Senior Member

What do you mean about new age movement?

In reality there are no new movements , just age old stuff with new names in order to lure new unexperienced souls...

Truth was and is always the same but people are fluctuating and sailing up and down.

No matter what do we personally think, truth is truth, like it or not.
beren is offline   Reply With Quote