Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 09-16-2008, 07:23 PM   #26
HallieBallie
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Dear Bill: what value do you see in scientology?

Every church has it's dogma.

I don't like dogma's
HallieBallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:26 PM   #27
Banned

My impression of Scientology is that it can be very beneficial to an individual... provided you follow their program and don't make waves. If you go against them you are "fair game", and they can make your life miserable if they so choose. After all, they employ what is basically mind control and programming, but of the positive variety.

I know someone who spent 10 years as a hardcore drug addict, and after countless rehabs and subsequent relapses a friend (who is a Scientologist) sent her to rehab at a Scientologist-run rehab facility (and paid for her treatment, I might add). This girl has been clean since and almost totally has her life back together and swears she owes it all to the 'programming'. She is, btw- not a Scientologist. She says at the rehab program the people weren't pushing the 'religion' on her, but were employing the methods used in Scientology to treat her uncontrollable addictions. The friend who paid (or somehow arranged) for her stay in this facility is the type you would never know is a Scientologist. In fact he won't even talk about it casually, only in a very serious time and setting, which is totally out of character for this guy who is basically the fun-loving, extremely manic, gregarious type.

Based on this, I think that a lot can be gained from Scientology. I just won't get into it because it seems like once you're IN, they own you. And sorry is the person who crosses them.
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:33 PM   #28
Banned

Oh and it's also my understanding that there is a BIG difference between being a SCIENTOLOGIST and being a member of the CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY.

It's the 'church' that worries me especially. I think the philosophy is very interesting and possibly worth some consideration.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:47 PM   #29
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

xxx

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 09-22-2008 at 02:22 PM.
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:28 AM   #30
Banned

"Supreme Rulah!!" "Goof the Floof"... Apparently ancient 'spaceplaces' looked just like DC-8s, except without the propellers. Hmmm.

you'll see....

L. Ron Hubbard explains the history of xenu in 8 minutes
http://gawker.com/5037013/the-histor...f-in-8-minutes
Old 09-17-2008, 12:28 AM   #31
Bill Ryan
Project Avalon Co Founder

Quote:
[eXchanger asked: so, what exactly is a free org scientologist ???
A Free Zone scientologist, that is.

The Church of Scientology [CoS] was taken over in (approx) 1978-81. At that time there was a dramatic and almost violent change in direction and policy. Thousands of good people were expelled and thousands more quit.

Many of those good people then regrouped to form their own "Free" organizations - i.e. uncontrolled by the CoS. Many of them stayed very low key for years, unknown to the general public.

The CoS has its own intelligence operation, and its own agents. They inflitrate groups and perform sting operations on people. (Werner Erhard, the founder of est, was set up and taken out by the CoS.) They are capable and very dangerous - though their power has been waning considerably in recent years.

There were two leaders of the 'Free Zone' in the early 1980s: David Mayo and Bill Robertson. David Mayo was (essentially, and as I understand it) bought out by the CoS and was silenced. Bill Robertson, whom I knew in the late 80s before he died in 1991, was instrumental in founding 'Ron's Org' in 1984 - now the leading Free Zone organisation, primarily active in Germany, Switzerland, the US and Russia.

This is the sketchiest of summaries and (as I said in my first post) one could write a book, or several. None of this is simple or easily understood.

What I do know is that able, well-trained Free Zone scientologists are regarded as very dangerous to the NWO and its agenda. (Others are too, of course.) Many are very active in various fields, but most people would never know. They, like many others, are spiritual warriors.

But this is of course NOT exclusive to scientologists. There are thousands of other warriors out there, from dozens of different disciplines that encourage spiritual and mental development and improvement, and responsible and proactive interface with the world and its problems.

A personal note: the Free Zone scientologists I know personally are some of the most ethical and capable people I have ever met. Many of them have significant psychic abilities. Many of you will know that Co-ordinate Remote Viewing was pioneered by Ingo Swann, who was a scientologist - as were Pat Price, Hal Puthoff, Russell Targ, and many others involved in the SRI remote viewing program. (I know Hal Puthoff and have been privileged to talk with him about this.)

I claim nothing unusual about Scientology apart from its potential effectiveness. L. Ron Hubbard himself wrote that it was "a workable technology" (i.e. a means of spiritual and personal development which works - and it does, with extraordinary results, when properly applied.) Hubbard also said, very specifically, that it was not the only one.

Very best to all, Bill
Bill Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:41 AM   #32
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myplanet2 View Post
Would that be Scientology the church? Scientology the philosophy? Scientology the practice? That is a scam? all three or any two, and which two, or only one, and if so, which one?

I have first hand knowledge that part's of Scientology are not a scam.
That'd be the church of scientology i was harangued by-trying to sell Lt.Ron Hubbard books as Billy boroughs referred to him: "Old mother Hubbard".
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:49 AM   #33
Henry Deacon

Smile Re: Dear Bill: what value do you see in scientology?

i have learned many valuable things from investigating many groups, philosophies, religions, etc..... taking the good bits and leaving behind the bitter bits.

There are almost always good bits to take away with you.. as tools for living in this strange world.

"trust but verify'

:-)

i respect other's harmless beliefs and try not to impose any harmful beliefs on others

Last edited by Henry Deacon; 09-17-2008 at 01:04 AM.