Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:07 AM   #1
LightSurfer
Avalon Senior Member

Default LOST: What's real, what's fiction

Hi all,

I know this might not be the place to talk about the TV series LOST. But I would like to know if any of you have anything to share about the show. ATT,
I'm not talking about what you think is going to happen on the show or anything. It is just that there is so much that can be related to what we're talking about on PA like time travel, shape shifting, religion, technologies, etc...

The reason I'm asking about this is because I think there's more to the show that people would think, and I wanted to get some opinions from those who are awake. I often thought of asking you guys about this, but never really felt the need to do so until now. But last week, it hit me and now

I don't want to get in anything specific because I don't really know where to begin, so i'll let you go first.

LightSurfer
LightSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: LOST: What's real, what's fiction

Familiarize yourself with archetypal symbolic references. Once you do you will see them hiding the truth in plain site everywhere, not just on LOST.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightSurfer View Post
It is just that there is so much that can be related to what we're talking about on PA like time travel, shape shifting, religion, technologies, etc...
Just like Carter confessed to doing for the X-files the writers of LOST undoubtedly mine forums just like this one for ideas. I kid you not. Look it up. It isn't that they have any particular insight into these things and trying to "tell us something", rather they are using it as source material and idea generation. They are riffing off the stuff. Don't put the cart before the horse. Same goes for the whole star-gate business. Writers for these shows dig through both ancient and modern day mythology for ideas. It then gets fedback into the forums or "fringe community" as "confirmation" by folks who don't understand how that business works. More noise in the system.
trainedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

Great post - I agree with you, [and disagree with the other posts]

Lost is amazing, and I believe has been 'manifested' in such
'co-incidental' ways [if you follow the production, which I do]
that it's a brilliant litmus of our new-found abilities to
re-write and incept reality and legends. IMHO.

and btw they eclipse most 'radical' ideas on forums like this,
they certainly don't draw from them.

these places are used as culture-tests, a bit like project serpo

I reckon Lapides is a candidate because he looks like
Samuel............................................ ........?

the producers say it's not alternate realities...

I reckon it's war between parallel realities....

we shall see..
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:02 PM   #5
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayzero View Post
...and btw they eclipse most 'radical' ideas on forums like this,
they certainly don't draw from them...
Sure they don't. Chris Carter was lying obviously. My writer friends are lying to me too. That's what I get for trying to interject some real information into a discussion. Sheesh.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #6
LightSurfer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
Familiarize yourself with archetypal symbolic references. Once you do you will see them hiding the truth in plain site everywhere, not just on LOST.
Hi t3j,

I used to watch a lot of TV and I became familiar with all that. Lost is the only show I am still watching and some movies here and there. My question was more about the way they present things like how they move in time, is it how its done? All the references about light and dark, stories taken out of the bible, the guy who doesn't age, the one who shape shifts etc...

LS
Old 02-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

One thing I know (inside intel) for sure: the scriptwriters already lost track somewhere halfway season 2.
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #8
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

Transcoso, I tend to agree with you. I've been watching LOST since the beginning and I am getting the feeling that any extra footage that has been shot along the way is not wasted. It's just remixed and the plot gets remixed also. Parallel realities, maybe. Anyway, I am still enjoying the show because I am still trying to figure out what is really happening!
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #9
carriblu
Avalon Senior Member

no way, it has been coherent all the way through... in an interview the writers said they knew what the ending was going to be in the beginning, and that it hasn't been changed. maybe they threw some stuff around for entertainment but they've had the basic structure all along.
carriblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #10
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriblu View Post
no way, it has been coherent all the way through... in an interview the writers said they knew what the ending was going to be in the beginning, and that it hasn't been changed. maybe they threw some stuff around for entertainment but they've had the basic structure all along.
Dear carriblu, I work (freelance) in that industry & in these days every season can be the last. LOST is as coherent as US politics.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:44 AM   #11
3optic
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
Just like Carter confessed to doing for the X-files the writers of LOST undoubtedly mine forums just like this one for ideas. I kid you not. Look it up. It isn't that they have any particular insight into these things and trying to "tell us something", rather they are using it as source material and idea generation. They are riffing off the stuff. Don't put the cart before the horse. Same goes for the whole star-gate business. Writers for these shows dig through both ancient and modern day mythology for ideas. It then gets fedback into the forums or "fringe community" as "confirmation" by folks who don't understand how that business works. More noise in the system.
I have to agree. Predictive programming is certainly a real technique and science fiction has often been a source but if you talk to people who write for these shows, you get the distinct feeling that they are just guys who want to write good material and like to "dork out" on speculative material. I have made a point to ask show runners in Hollywood when I can what nefarious agenda laced notes if any input comes from on high. So far nothing conclusive. However, I did work on an animated film where it was insisted that the main character have a dead mother (see Freeman's notes on Disney).
3optic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:14 AM   #12
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Remember the polar bear in episode 3, season 1?
I thought: 'Wow! Neu Schwabenland! Hollow Earth! Nazi World Order!'

Turned out to be really, really, really bad editing!

LOST?
BORING!
In capitals!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:31 AM   #13
LightSurfer
Avalon Senior Member

I want to thank you all for your replies.

I understand that the writers of LOST or any other crazy TV series may roam around PA like forums to get info or dis-info and they push around crazy ideas to validate their stuffs. But I sometimes think that if you want your show to stay alive, you have to change some of your ideas to make it work according to the station owners.Do you think that Steven Spielberg read lots of forums when he made TAKEN ? But you know what, I don't really care about that.

questions: Could the energy source of the island be like a portal, the Bermuda Triangle or some kind of Philly Experiment ???

Do the writers know what they're talking about when talking of the Casimir effect ???

Dual reality ???

And why do I keep thinking that Darth Locke is Lucifer ?

LS
Old 02-18-2010, 08:59 AM   #14
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Battlestar Galactica was a far more interesting and much better show than LOST.

The writers behind LOST have created so many riddles and subplots and unanswered mysteries, that there's no way they'll be able to answer everyone's thoughts with satisfaction.

I predict the ending finale will cause an outrage among the "hardcore" fans, it will be one of those endings that don't explain anything.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #15
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
Just like Carter confessed to doing for the X-files the writers of LOST undoubtedly mine forums just like this one for ideas
I don't think this applies to everything.

For example Star Trek was way before the internet even existed. By the time they got to TNG, the "inside" info for lack of a better term, started to become more pronounced, and while I can agree with your premise to a certain extent, especially with the contemporary stuff, I don't think this applies to everything.

Arthur Clark's novels, Isaac Asimov, the really classic science fiction stories were most certainly not derived from taking other people's ideas, I do believe that some key elements were/are derived from reality.

The truth is stranger than fiction. Sometimes, anyway.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:04 AM   #16
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

Hi, I always find that making myself the following questions helps me to discern and decide what is useful for my personal journey and what is not

1) "Who does this information source appear to be?"
2) "What are they telling me?"
3) "Do they really know what they are talking about?"
4) "Are they saying what they REALLY mean?"
5) "Where might their information be coming from?"
6) "What motive might they have for telling me this thing?"
7) "What are they hoping that I believe?"
8) "Why would they want me to believe this thing?"
9) "What are they trying to motivate me to do with my personal power; discover
and embrace it within myself, or surrender it elsewhere in worship or obedient
subservience?"
10) "If they are trying to help me, what are they trying to help me to achieve
and how could believing this thing empower me?"
11) "If they are covertly trying to mislead me, how might I be harmed in
believing them?"
12) "Are they inspiring me to lead through my own inner spiritual power and
wisdom, or are they seducing me to believe that I am personally powerless and so must blindly follow an external power source to save me?"
13) "If I believe this thing, will it assist me in becoming more awakened,
aware, loving, kind, responsible, strong, spiritually alive, intelligent, wise,
compassionate, WHOLE and effective human being?"

Copyright A & A Deane

Love
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #17
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

LOST

SOL'S = Sun's = Summer
T = Measurement at Noon Zenith
ICE = Winter

SOL's T as Summer and Winter T as ICE becomes then a very effective code to reveal the astronomical value latent in the Letter T. That the "T" is designed to act as a "lift up" of the Sun on the horizon can equally be inferred by the simple yet incredibly difficult game of golf: to raise the ball up is said to place the ball on a "tee".

As symbolic of the Ankh, we have the Letter T and the "vulva". What this is representative of is the "birth" of the "Sun god" at the time of the Winter Solstice (ICE T).
WHAT IS LOST, IS THE PHILOSOPHY OF THE SUN.
7 HATCHES = 7 CHAKRAS ON AN EYE LAND = AKA PINEAL GLAND SOROUNDED BY WATER AND ELECTRO MAGNETISM.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:14 PM   #18
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

777, brilliant! You've given me something to think about! Never thought of LOST from this point of view. Makes sense.
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #19
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

I love this show, it is very well crafted, all based on the flow of kundalini.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #20
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorion View Post
I don't think this applies to everything.
Well of course not. All generalizations are bad. (that is a joke b.t.w)

The truth of the matter is the Internet exists now and is used now by writers of all of kinds of things from television shows, movies, books, and comic books for inspiration. No one should be viewing the content of television and movies as revelations about the mysterys of the universe.
Anyone who thinks these guys have some inside track or revelatory knowledge is simply kidding themselves. They are just trying to craft interesting stories that they can sell.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #21
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

Traninedobserver: Are you saying that ALL writers are just now taking other ideas and using them? That there are no new, creative ideas? Surely writers use the internet as an aid, but where do the original ideas come from? I am part of a writing community and yes, of course, our knowledge and research comes into play. It has to, as we use our knowledge base, through the language in which we think and write . But that original spark, the reason for the story or storyline, must be brought forth as a new idea. However, having said that, there is evidence that new ideas can sometimes be "downloaded" to various creative artists at the same time, in very similar form. Nobody copied anybody. There are authors who don't know each other and who write in different languages, who all come up with the same imagery as if it were "given" to them. Same thing happens with fine artists. What about all of the twin tower paintings that were created before 9/11? Were those ripped off? I don't think so. Hmmmm. (By the way, I can't help you with the scientific backup on the simultaneous artistic expression information. Can't remember where I read it, but I think it was a study at one of the ivy league schools.)

Saying that the writers of LOST or other movies and tv shows are not using any original creative thought is an insult to anyone in the writing field. Linda
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #22
xlsander
Avalon Senior Member

just loved the show from day 1
xlsander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #23
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabaker View Post
Traninedobserver: Are you saying that ALL writers are just now taking other ideas and using them? That there are no new, creative ideas?
$%#ing *#%%! What did I say? How could you get that from what I've said? Let's look: “[they]…mine forums just like this one for ideas.” …” using it as source material and idea generation. They are riffing off the stuff.”

I'm clearly saying that the internet is used for, let me spell out the word, INSPIRATION. And for Pete's sake what fool would make a such an overarching generalization that all writers would do anything in the same manner? Or any group for that matter? I certainly have not. I guess I have to write to the lowest denominator here and make sure I craft my sentences in such a manner that I painstakingly take all possible misconceptions into account.

Quote:
Saying that the writers of LOST or other movies and tv shows are not using any original creative thought is an insult to anyone in the writing field.
You've obviously used some creativeness to extrate such an idea from anything I have written in this thread. Good Grief Linda. I challenge you to show me where you got such an idea from me.

Obviously the writers of LOST are very creative people. Creative people use things to stimulate their imaginations. They draw upon popular culture as well as other things. It's a given. This isn't a major revelation here. The "cross-contamination" (if you want to call it that) is there for all to see and is readily admitted to.

To further clarify:
SOME writers use the buzz on the Internet for INSPIRATION. This causes things to appear in T.V. shows and movies that are also being discussed or hinted at on the Internet. To place too much weight on this, that is to see it as some sort of CONFIRMATION of ANYTHING is foolish in the extreme.

Last edited by trainedobserver; 02-18-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #24
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabaker View Post
...But that original spark, the reason for the story or storyline, must be brought forth as a new idea. However, having said that, there is evidence that new ideas can sometimes be "downloaded" to various creative artists at the same time, in very similar form. Nobody copied anybody. There are authors who don't know each other and who write in different languages, who all come up with the same imagery as if it were "given" to them.
I have pages of story ideas that I did not act on that appeared later in print or film (by someone else) OR I found previously existing examples of which I had no knowledge of when I wrote down the idea. I would put to you that every human being on the planet has experienced this in one way or another in some aspect or another whether they recognized it happening or not. There are numerous court cases that illustrate this nicely as I'm sure you are aware.

Where do creative ideas come from? From the human brain. No where else. The contents of the human brain generate these things. Memories, data, and the actual physical structure of the brain being major contributors. Human beings are all built from the same set of basic instructions, we all live in the same world and experience many of the same things and therefore acquire much of the same data to plug into our similar brain structures. Altering that memory, data, physical structure through various means such as introducing new memory, data, or chemistry (directly related to physical structure) cause the generation of ideas. I also think things like electromagnetic radiation and cosmic rays effect the brain/mind system and therefore the thoughts that are generated. There may be something to Jung's collective unconscious as well.

I hope this adds some clarity to my comments and thoughts on the matter.

Peace,

Last edited by trainedobserver; 02-18-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #25
LightSurfer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 The Great Work View Post
LOST

WHAT IS LOST, IS THE PHILOSOPHY OF THE SUN.
7 HATCHES = 7 CHAKRAS ON AN EYE LAND = AKA PINEAL GLAND SOROUNDED BY WATER AND ELECTRO MAGNETISM.[/SIZE][/I]
Great Work GREAT WORK,

I've always thought of the island as planet earth and sometimes has ones consciousness.

EYE LAND

Thanks

LS