Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
sunny D
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation King Tut died of malaria

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...--summary.html

Quote:

Cairo - Extensive DNA and radiological analysis of King Tutankhamun has showed that malaria and hereditary bone disease may have been the cause of his death, a new study found Wednesday. "It is amazing to think that we were able to extract DNA from the body of a person who died 3,000 years ago," Egyptian antiquities chief Zahi Hawass told reporters in Cairo, announcing the results of an Egyptian-German study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association

Read more: http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...#ixzz0foyK8R8z

http://medusa.jrc.it/medisys/moreclu...5946e78d1.html
sunny D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: King Tut died of malaria

Um right...
I have to ask, where did they get the original DNA sample to prove that this person was truly King TUT, They extracted the sample from a 3000+yr old person that could very well be a body double at best.

TPTB must have all kinds of samplings from time and memorial in order to do this, Which no doubt they do, but they are not gonna let us know the truth of it.

I simply can no bring myself to believe at any level that a Pharaoh during the time of high tech knowledge along with high medical knowling would let himself die like that. To me this is not TUT. But busy work for the minds of the masses once again.

Last edited by Shadowstalker; 02-17-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Shadowstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
ExhaLatioN
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowstalker View Post
Um right...
I have to ask, where did they get the original DNA sample to prove that this person was truly King TUT, They extracted the sample from a 3000+yr old person that could very well be a body double at best.

TPTB much have all kinds of samplings from time and memorial in order to do this, Which no doubt they do, but they are not gonna let us know the truth of it.

I simply can no bring myself to believe at any level that a Pharaoh during the time of high tech knowledge along with high medical knowling would let himself die like that. To me this is not TUT. But busy work for the minds of the masses once again.
i strongly believe in your statements...
ExhaLatioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
sunny D
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowstalker View Post
TPTB much have all kinds of samplings from time and memorial in order to do this, Which no doubt they do, but they are not gonna let us know the truth of it.
you could be right here

Quote:
Egyptian and international researchers spent more than two years conducting DNA and radiological tests in a 5-million-dollar laboratory built in the Egyptian Museum in Cairo for the purpose.

Their results were confirmed by testing in a second lab at Cairo University's Faculty of Medicine.

The DNA tests also confirmed Tutankhamun was the son of the pharaoh Akhenaten and his sister, both of whose mummies were identified by the study.

Akhenaten founded a new, monotheistic religion at a time when a whole pantheon of deities were being worshiped. Akhenaten also moved the royal capital from Memphis to Amarna in Middle Egypt.

"Akhenaten had been portrayed with some deformities, and some thought he had womanly traits and that he had been homosexual. We discovered that he was a completely normal man," Dr. Hawass said.

"The pharoahs were depicted with the traits of both man and woman because this was believed to be godly at the time. The feminine traits give them fertility, the ability to create life," he continued.

The scientists also confirmed that one of the two still-born fetuses buried with Tutankhamun had been his daughter, born of King Tut's marriage to his own sister.

Carsten M Pusch, one of the German scientists involved in the research, said more testing had to be done to confirm that the cause of death was malaria, saying that the parasite that causes the disease can be present without causing symptoms.

It had been speculated that Tutankhamun was murdered at the age of 19 by a blow to the back of the head, that he had been poisoned, or had died when fat was released into his bloodstream after he broke his leg.

"I brought the German scientists so that no foreign scientist can come later and say the Egyptians messed up the process," Hawass told reporters.

Tutankhamun, who took the throne at age 9, has fascinated Egyptologists and the general public since his mummy and the treasures hidden in his intact tomb were unearthed in 1922.

He died after a nine-year reign in 1324 BC and left no heirs, bringing an end to one of the most powerful Pharaonic ruling houses, the 18th dynasty of the New Kingdom.

"I do not think the mummies should be viewed by the public, but I do believe in using them for scientific discoveries," Hawass said.

"I wouldn't mind if my own body was drilled into and used for science," he added.

Read more: http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...#ixzz0fpFiVY5E
sunny D is offline   Reply With Quote