Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 05:33 AM   #26
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Ex-Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unified Serenity View Post
No where in the bible does it say anything about Eve eating an apple. More than likely the fruit if it was 3d was a fig, after all they put on fig leaves, but that's just a guess.

I frankly believe Eve had sex with Lucifer and got pregnant with Cain who represents his father.
From Wikipedia:

"Similar trees appear in other religions. The same story with male, female, serpent and tree can be found - 22 centuries before the version of the story we know from the Bible - depicted on a mesopotamian cylinder seal, so the later versions are - more than probable - copies of the original."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_of..._good_and_evil

Spiritual truth does not require any book whatsoever. Certan authors give someone a great start to recognizing Spirit within their soul, but Spiritual truth is utterly totally non-cognitive, i.e. animals and small children know spiritual truth.

Knowing certain facts or names or doctrines or commands is worthless, spiritually.

I think studying ancient books is a complete waste of time, spiritually.
New Age Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #27
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Age Messiah View Post
From Wikipedia:

"Similar trees appear in other religions. The same story with male, female, serpent and tree can be found - 22 centuries before the version of the story we know from the Bible - depicted on a mesopotamian cylinder seal, so the later versions are - more than probable - copies of the original."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_of..._good_and_evil

Spiritual truth does not require any book whatsoever. Certan authors give someone a great start to recognizing Spirit within their soul, but Spiritual truth is utterly totally non-cognitive, i.e. animals and small children know spiritual truth.

Knowing certain facts or names or doctrines or commands is worthless, spiritually.

I think studying ancient books is a complete waste of time, spiritually.
I respect your right to be ignorant of what ancient people learned, experienced, and believed. God has spoken through many voices throughout history and I rather enjoy digging up the nuggets of truth. Thanks for sharing.

US
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #28
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I respect your right to be ignorant of what ancient people learned, experienced, and believed. God has spoken through many voices throughout history and I rather enjoy digging up the nuggets of truth. Thanks for sharing.US
That's COGNITIVE learning. Spiritual learning is something ENTIRELY different.

The narrow path, if you will, that FEW will find. And certainly MANY have found the RELIGIOUS path.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #29
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Spiritual learning is something ENTIRELY different.

you know there are too

some rather bad elements in the spiritual worlds

but if you can spot the difference

between an angel and an apparent angel

then all power to you
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:01 AM   #30
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
That's COGNITIVE learning. Spiritual learning is something ENTIRELY different.

The narrow path, if you will, that FEW will find. And certainly MANY have found the RELIGIOUS path.
You don't know anything about me, how I apply what I learn and experience. Too each their own.

US
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:13 AM   #31
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
You don't know anything about me, how I apply what I learn and experience. Too each their own.

US
Cognitive learning is words and thoughts.

Words and thoughts are in books and stories and the mind.

Spiritual learning is non-cognitive, no stories, no thoughts, no emotions.

It's nothing personal.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:02 AM   #32
carriblu
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

It's nothing personal.
I agree with this. i am so interested in the teachings of buddha and christ and others and really take them to heart, but nothing they say will ever teach me anything. what i take away from great people like that is reinforcement that there is a bigger picture here, that other people have gone after spiritual greatness and succeeded, and a feeling that i'm not alone on the journey.
carriblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:08 AM   #33
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

It's nothing personal.

Thanks for putting that into words. In my clearing sessions I see imagery and sometimes a word or phrase will come as an answer to my practitioner's question. The imagery is not necessarily what is really there, merely how I am seeing it. Sometimes I see only a metaphor. I have to put my normal intellect somewhat at bay if I wish to get the full benefit of clearing.

It is a different world, but nonetheless just as valid a world as the world of intellect. Zen practices help one "kill" the compulsion to use the mind for EVERYTHING.

Gnosis
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:17 AM   #34
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
It is a different world, but nonetheless just as valid a world as the world of intellect. Zen practices help one "kill" the compulsion to use the mind for EVERYTHING.
Gnosis
To purify the soul you have to "be" a lot of energies that your mind could never process as thoughts or reasoning or words.

That's the point of spirituality is to purify past negative energies and be the immaculate presence that an innocent child also is...

You learn that your mind does not sit on top of you and own you or contain you.

The mind essentially has to get below, underneath, out of the way, it's like soul scuba diving.

Ego is like a periscope on a submarine...
Old 12-18-2009, 05:45 AM   #35
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
To purify the soul you have to "be" a lot of energies that your mind could never process as thoughts or reasoning or words.

That's the point of spirituality is to purify past negative energies and be the immaculate presence that an innocent child also is...

You learn that your mind does not sit on top of you and own you or contain you.

The mind essentially has to get below, underneath, out of the way, it's like soul scuba diving.

Ego is like a periscope on a submarine...

Interesting. My radionics reading shows that "Topography of Consciousness" is a highly charged chain of incidents in my case. I plan to clear off the negative charge and fixed polarities after I finish running the chain of "Key-In Mechanism" negative incidents. I hope that is understandable the way I worded it.

Gnosis
Old 12-18-2009, 05:55 AM   #36
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

no need for a map

when the treasure is found

teachings

are just that

pointings

like the moon in the well

not really there

we will have to look up and walk the walk

learning is a process

an unfolding of understanding

a life in bloom

treat truths as trash

til one cannot part with it

and must live it
Old 12-18-2009, 06:00 AM   #37
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
My radionics reading shows that "Topography of Consciousness" is a highly charged chain of incidents in my case. I plan to clear off the negative charge and fixed polarities after I finish running the chain of "Key-In Mechanism" negative incidents. I hope that is understandable the way I worded it.
perfectly
Old 12-18-2009, 07:16 AM   #38
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Interesting. My radionics reading shows that "Topography of Consciousness" is a highly charged chain of incidents in my case. I plan to clear off the negative charge and fixed polarities after I finish running the chain of "Key-In Mechanism" negative incidents. I hope that is understandable the way I worded it.Gnosis
Yeah, fixed polarities, yep. Been there.

Here's the thing, all the great dramas and mythical battles are right in every person's soul, to be had and enjoyed.

The richness of the infinite mystery... is in every soul
Old 12-19-2009, 02:44 AM   #39
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeZra View Post
perfectly
Acknowledged. It is always a surprise to me when someone actually groks what I am experiencing
Old 12-19-2009, 03:31 AM   #40
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

In my opinion, no book can ever hope to replace decades of oral traditions passed on from person to person, lessons that have more than just a shred of truth (when compared against the "Bible").
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:55 AM   #41
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriya View Post
I have the opposite problem to you, my whole family are atheists and although I don't regard myself as religious I am deeply spiritual. I have learnt to get along with them because I have no choice and I love them. So I keep that part of me hidden from them, it's easier that way.

I think life is just one big comedy drama

Love,

Kriya
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterose View Post
I too used to be a Christian. Without going into a lot of detail, lets say that I have been awakened, seeing that all religions are a construct of the Illuminati, as a method of control, and that the vast majority of people are fooled into thinking that what they are doing is pleasing to 'God' whoever that may be for that indvidual.

This was a very rude awakening for me, and for quite a while I floundered, feeling as if what I had seen as solid ground had been cut from under me. I'm still coming to terms with this and still floundering a bit, but I do believe that there is something, a Source, or Creator, but other than that I'm still trying to work everything else out. That's why I'm here on this forum!
To Kriya and whiterose, I understand both of these points very well. The exchristian site I linked to is very atheist oriented. I couldn't put my testimony up there because of all the interrogation I would receive for still believing in conspiracies and spirituality, etc. I'd love it if they understood about the Illuminati/NWO also, but I still enjoy the site...
I'm just happy to also be back at Avalon where I can share more openly.

Quote:
...I frankly believe Eve had sex with Lucifer and got pregnant with Cain who represents his father. Eve gave birth to twins of two different fathers. Abel who was Adam's son and Cain who was Lucifer's son.
There's a couple of problems with that, seeing as the Adam is really a version of the older Egyptian God, Atum, who also names all creatures, and who's enemy was the serpent, etc. Atum's story is fascinating in that regard.

And also, 'Lucifer' doesn't exist as the character presented in the bible.
You may have heard how the name mentioned in Isaiah was really a mistranslation, and was actually referring to the Babylonian king of the time. I won't go into the detail of how it should have been translated as Day Star, etc. except to give this link which pretty much covers it, if anyone is interested or hasn't yet heard...

Quote:
...Jesus said as much when he accused the Kenites who got into the Pharisees who claimed to be of Judah (Jews) and were not. Jesus said they were of their father the devil. He said "That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar." They were Kenites, they fulfill the negative side of prophecy (See Isaiah 53) and they are protected and all will be fulfilled. We have our choices and spiritual fruit to bear. We choose our paths ultimately and bear the responsibility of our choices. Those with eyes to see and ears to hear will understand my words.
This is actually where Jesus made a mistake.

He actually gets confused between two different guys named Zechariah.
It might not seem like a big deal to most, but to a bible inerrantist, like my old self, it's pretty significant.
Let me explain:

In Matthew 23:35 Jesus mentions Zecharias son of Barachias as the one being slaughtered between the temple. However he is confusing the slaughter of Zechariah son of Jehoida in 2 Chronicles 24:20-22, with the author of the Old Testament book of Zechariah (Zechariah 1:1) who was the actual son of Berachiah.

Also, as my jewish friends can explain, the 'Suffering Servant' of Isaiah 53 is actually the nation of Israel itself, not a literal person, ie. no jews have ever taken that passage as a prophecy of their messiah and thus waiting for it to be fulfilled...

Thankyou to all others who have als added to this thread, I've enjoyed your posts and will follow up on those links posted when I have more time. (I'm on my parents c'puter at the moment, for holidays... Happy Solsitice everybody).
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:29 AM   #42
zaina
Avalon Senior Member

I too am an ex christian ,but since leaving I have been able to understand jesus teaching alot better ...
he taught the universal laws in a way easy to understand even for the least learnard person .The bible I really dont know what part is right or wrong its a mistery and to many theories to find the truth ...
The God i know in side. is like a father who guides his child from danger ,
he wants the best ,never asking for anything in return ,even if you ignore him he still loves you .and as you grow he sits back and watches you ..
jesus is my brother who walks with me each day ,when i fall he he picks me up ,and when things get to heavy he carrys them for me ..
he also watches and waits as brother do he guides us to seek him saying
dont forget me he says i am here for you .
if you witness my presents i will witness you .for I am your brother who dwells in side you .
peace ,love and light ....
zaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:36 AM   #43
yellowcosmicseed
Avalon Senior Member

I did go through a fanatical christian phase before I woke up to the 'truth'. My spiritual journey began when I was reading a book on metaphysics. When I understood and knew that reality was not what it seemed, I experienced a spiritual awakening in which I felt great pain and release in my chest and up to my neck. I have never fully understood that experience, but ever since then I have felt the light and love vibration in my 3rd and 4th chakras. It my be somehow connected to many lives of being a lost soul and of horrid child abuse and neglect in a very recent life I had (at the hands of my father, but it turns out that my father went through the same circumstances of abuse. Probably even worse). I am still greatly sufferring, but I am trying to get through it the best I can.

What I found out about Christianity was that one cannot dpend on anything outside of itself to save them, the person/entity can only save itself. Also Islam also holds the same belief in Hell (and a type of buddhism or taoism, i do not recall exactly) so then how can one know which one is the truth? I also discovered, as you had, that Constantine made Christianity the official religion of the empire and that the old god/goddess staues were made into saint states etc. etc. Christianity is merely the collection of many many old pagan traditions etc. etc. I could rant forever on this...

Well Christianity was what I came to believe in due to what I thought, and many others, that I had to save myself from Hell. I discovered that there are certainly other religions like this on many other planets and that they are totally irrelevant to the truth of the greater reality. Do you think that aliens give a heck over what our religions have to say? NO

Thank you for your account and love to you.
yellowcosmicseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:49 AM   #44
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

"Don't throw out the Christ baby with the bathwater" is what I say.

Sure religions are used to control people, however there is an option beyond either accepting the religious beliefs about Jesus being born of virgin, being the only son of god, and a blood sacrifice for an angry god in the sky, there is an alternative indeed, I would call it Truth.

Who put Jesus to death in the story? The scribes and the Pharisees that's who. The religious elite of the day. They preached that God was outside of you, that the messiah would come and reward them and vanquish all those who did not go to the right church and practice in the ways they said you should practice. The exact same way fundamentalist preach today.

Yet Jesus message was simple, when you learn to connect with the messiah within you, the Father within, you can do the works that I can do only greater works that these you can do. He taught us to pray to "OUR" Father, meaning, we share the same Father, the consciousness of Being within us.

I strongly suggest that Jesus mission is about to be fulfilled, and it will be fulfilled because a critical mass, a Christ Mass of people will choose to follow in Jesus footsteps and Gautama Buddha footsteps, and BE reborn into the reality of who they are in Oneness with their own "Father / I AM" within ~~~

I guess the proof is in the pudding ~ I suggest connecting to our heart center and remaining open to the possibilities because there is always MORE.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:51 AM   #45
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

It's encouraging to meet others who have left christianity but not gone totally materialist. It often seems like society is divided between extremists of either religion or materialist secularism, but coming to Avalon is showing me alot of the spiritual spectrum inbetween.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
"Don't throw out the Christ baby with the bathwater" is what I say...etc.
Yes, that's the kind of christianity I can still relate to. Understanding the 'christ' within ourselves.
Through New Dawn magazine I came across Richard Smoley, the author of the book 'Inner Christianity'. His articles take a more gnostic approach, and the metaphorical / metaphysical approach to the basic teachings of Jesus seems the best way to take it.

Personally I'd prefer a different word than 'christ', but I don't reject the concept of the 'saviour/kingdom of heaven' within, or the idea that life's struggles are the crucifying of each of our own ego's, etc.
To me that's true spirituality yet it's personal, individual and unique to each seeker.
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #46
zaina
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beren View Post
What kind of god are they serving that would demand worship or cast you into eternal torture, just for the crime of being born?!

"This book filled the darkness with ghouls and ghosts, and the bodies of men and women with devils. This book polluted the souls of men with the infamous dogma of eternal pain. This book made credulity the greatest of virtues, and investigation the greatest of crimes. This book filled nations with hermits, monks and nuns - with the pious and the useless. This book placed the ignorant and unclean saint above the philosopher and philanthropist. This book taught man to despise the joys of this life, that he might be happy in another - to waste this world for the sake of the next.
I attack this book because it is the enemy of human liberty - the greatest obstruction across the highway of human progress.
Let me ask the ministers one question: How can you be wicked enough to defend this book?"

- R. G. Ingersoll, from 'About the Holy Bible'.

Hello, I copied this I here ´s my responce.

I understand your post , I can sympathesize with you since I have been through all that you wrote, until I relized that words spoken by Jesus and also you can find them by Paul in Romans.

I will say them on my way, namely many, many people who think, claim and are proud of being Christians are as far of Christianity as light is far from darkness.

Actually the worship Satan and 99.9% are not aware of that.

Bible is the wrod of God and it is not a religion.
God did not made a religion, man did.

God does not need a religion, does not need any church or type or worshiping on this planet.

He as Creator of everything does not need anything. He is self sufficient. But he loves, and that iswhy he wishes his children to learn about him and to be as him.
It is a path. It is not a religion, again MAN turned that into religion.
Why?
Control of masses and their time, weatlh and souls.
The perfect way of doing that is religion,especially cloaked as being of God and his son Jesus Christ.

That way people will not suspect the real reason behind.

God warned us to that.

It is all over in his word, stories about that.
Jesus was also many times very controversial, why?
To shed off non thinking people of following him and using his help for their pleasure, selfish things such as following him to be fed and nurtured with nice stories(by their opinion). He kicked them off.

No one can cheat God. But people do try that. They thing by saying they are Christian they are one with God.
Wrong.
Jesus also said when he returns ,will hefind faith on earth, meaning people who are true.

It is not an easy thing being honest and genuine but it is the only ways towards knowing Creator and his wisdom and whatever he do.

Also Jews hated and killed Jesus because he actually enlighted their darkness of lies power freaks and utter controll. They claimed that they worshipped God , but they were actually Satan worshipers. They borrowed their ideas from Babylon and placed it in Talmud. That is what they did.

Also Constantine did the perfect thing for him but Chrisians who accepted what he proposed actually sold their souls to this world.

Utter control in the name of Jesus is the most powerful thing doen in this world so far to deceive people.

Jesus Christ and his own words are writen in the Bible. They are sheer and crystal clear.Why do people turn them around? They wish so because of their lack of honesty and fairness. They avoid the truth as it is so the sugar coat it for their own liking.

Sure you can do that but that will not change truth and you will be exposed a liar.
That is exactly the thing reliogion did and they still do.

They are utter corrupt.
Jesus said who has eye to see- let them see, who has ear to hear- let them hear.
No more no less.

Why should he or anyone else try their best to reylly explain people some things when they do not wish that, when they like lies?
Let them live their lie, that was their choice. But every choice has its repercissions.

Many will fall in the future when thy realize that instead they followed Christ , they followed a lie. When Christ comes he will judge. Not we , not religions not clergy, not people.
He will, and no one can fool him.

The one who started all this lie eons ago , will be destroyed.
I do not wish that for any human, I am sure you do not wish that too.

If you wish I will sen you on PM my reasoning on all your troubles since I had it exactly like you my friend.

Exactly.

But Christ showed me the way, out of this world´s reasoning. The true way.
And it is up to me will I be genuine, honest, good person, wise, truth lover, a man, or I will be the total oposite.

I wish to be a man an image of Creator in all of his splendor.

Love and blessings,

Beren

P.S.

Sorry for typping mishaps...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
"Don't throw out the Christ baby with the bathwater" is what I say.

Sure religions are used to control people, however there is an option beyond either accepting the religious beliefs about Jesus being born of virgin, being the only son of god, and a blood sacrifice for an angry god in the sky, there is an alternative indeed, I would call it Truth.

Who put Jesus to death in the story? The scribes and the Pharisees that's who. The religious elite of the day. They preached that God was outside of you, that the messiah would come and reward them and vanquish all those who did not go to the right church and practice in the ways they said you should practice. The exact same way fundamentalist preach today.

Yet Jesus message was simple, when you learn to connect with the messiah within you, the Father within, you can do the works that I can do only greater works that these you can do. He taught us to pray to "OUR" Father, meaning, we share the same Father, the consciousness of Being within us.

I strongly suggest that Jesus mission is about to be fulfilled, and it will be fulfilled because a critical mass, a Christ Mass of people will choose to follow in Jesus footsteps and Gautama Buddha footsteps, and BE reborn into the reality of who they are in Oneness with their own "Father / I AM" within ~~~

I guess the proof is in the pudding ~ I suggest connecting to our heart center and remaining open to the possibilities because there is always MORE.
what you said was wondeful .thank you ..love and peace
Old 12-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #47
rfebres
Avalon Senior Member

Oh how I hate labels…

WE ARE ALL “ET’s”

Premise: Our physical body is obvious that originated on this planet “the human”, and that can be questionable as well, but what about our spirit, our conscious? That is the reality: We are all One, and this One has no boundaries. We are all part of the of the eternal, so in essence we are all ET’s

Do I believe that Jesus was the Son of the almighty GOD with a big “g”? YES, we all are.

Do I believe that Jesus was a GOD? Yes. we all are in essence

Do I believe that Jesus was an ET? Yes, see above

What do I expect from ET’s?

One already came once and changed the world for ever. Showed us the way for true freedom and what did we do? Put in on a cross!

What else can I ask from ET’s?

Am I a "Christian"? YES, in essence we all are. (detached from any religion). If we are all pursuing LOVE.

The question that I think is most relevant is: WHO are these other ET’s that have been peeking around our planet for thousands of years, if not from the beginning of the creation of humanity in the physical form. We must be MOST aware that there is a universal law called: FREE WILL

How are these other ET’s exercising this law of free will in relation to us humans and in this planet of ours and that for some reason we can’t seem to remember who we are?

Love and Peace in learning

Roland

Last edited by rfebres; 12-20-2009 at 04:11 PM.
rfebres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #48
zaina
Avalon Senior Member

Can some one tell me why jesus called himself Son of man ..this I am un sure of ..
Old 12-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #49
rfebres
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaina View Post
Can some one tell me why jesus called himself Son of man ..this I am un sure of ..
He was born human and human = man?, but man as in all humans in the spirit are all sons/daughters of the One, the Eternal, We are all One.

This is my interpretation, but I might be wrong.

I hope that made sense

Roland
rfebres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #50
zaina
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfebres View Post
He was born human and human = man?, but man as in all humans in the spirit are all sons/daughters of the One, the Eternal, We are all One.

This is my interpretation, but I might be wrong.

I hope that made sense

Roland
yES thank you it does make sense I asked this on another forum and the reply was it means hu-man [simular] ,jesus did say do ye not know ye are God s in the making i believe ..thank you ....