Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #76
hobbit
Unsubscribed

Default Re: The Goodbye Thread / Options To stay

Could I just suggest an alternative to subscriptions ( which will lead to an elite and secret system similer to the masonic lodges)

E Bay is the biggest and easiest way to raise funds, I have thousands of books , and all sorts of other STUFF that could be sold on there, then if it was all sold under a banner and account deposited into an avalon account, We could all just do that as and when we have goods to dispose of.
That way a fresh influx of members will keep joining, but as a subscription forum it will never expand and become eletist.
If the fund was kept visual, and open( isn't that what we all want to happen world wide?)
Then living withdrawals and expenses could be drawn and shown, Avalon would be the property of all members then?
Hobbit
hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:00 PM   #77
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

should looking for a sponsor be a option...

be sure to aim high!

try this guy:

ok lets be partners...cheers

Last edited by capreycorn; 11-19-2008 at 06:03 PM.
capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:00 PM   #78
m00g
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: The Goodbye Thread / Options To stay

I will miss reading all these people leaving.

Gregor and Flying Pyramids in particular

I know of a hosting service which cost's me all of "Seven" USD per month for 'Reliable hosting' which has been trusted for about ten years in the 'distribution scene'. Yep cheap and for about a 100 USD you can host a lot of anything. FXP is working well there as I type

With all due respect to B and K

"Withholding the opportunity to interact in dialogue for free is...what ?"

It might be better if you state that you need to cover flight tickets for camelot interviews

That way you are 'up front and honest' and also place some interest in the viewers power to donate for that particular trip

If you need cheap and reliable hosting pm me, I can help.

Prohibiting free speak is not cool...

All the best B and K

Goodbye and good luck as you have helped a LOT

-moogy

For those that want a free space to talk email me @ m00gercake@gmail.com (finally I will drip out of the KG world and help in another way.....)

Last edited by m00g; 11-19-2008 at 06:17 PM.
m00g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:33 PM   #79
zorgon

A goodbye thread... how appropriate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reunite View Post
I think not listening to 77% of their supporters suggesting other means to generate an income is career suicide, in saying that I wish Bill & Kerry all the best of luck in the future.
Not really if you look at the numbers... and I too agree with you that its not the money (though 60.00 a years IS outrageous) but the principle.

How can you purport to be a whistle blower on government and PTB wrong doing and greed, then say you will charge for it?

Now then, lets look at the numbers for a minute and put this in perspective...

Fee... 60.00 a year...

Current members as of today...

5,342 times 60 equals $320,520.00

Active Members as of today... about 50%

2,651 times 60 equals $159,060.00

If only half of the ACTIVE members pony up the loot (25% of total members)... that still leaves $79,530.00 a year income. Not to shabby where I come from.

Most of us have to work HARD to get even close to half that for a yearly income, but this money will be used so the Camelot crew can travel around the world to talk to people (who may or may not have anything of value to say, truth wise, as recent wrong predictions have shown)

Add the book sales, t-shirts, coffee mugs and CD's/DVD's and you have a very lucrative business.

Impressive Maybe I should reconsider 'getting into the business' After all ATS is now worth over $250,000.00

So the book is already at 1500 pages in draft form. Seems to me this was planned all along. Hoagland would be proud. Don't forget the Press Club in Washington release. RH sold a LOT of copies from that release

Congratulations for joining the ranks of "Truth for Megabucks" whistle blowers. May you live well in your posh resort in Australia while the ground crews scramble for cover in the dirt when the SHTF, as it so obviously will according to all the 'info' spread here.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:37 PM   #80
Worlds Beyond 2

Hi all..

only just been able to log in after a 28hours of being 'locked out' from Avalon server.. eek! (nothing ominous I hasten to add!!) .. I've only just seen the news re: Subs and read all the threads/posts...

Wow. many people have already said a lot of things I also think. But I have a few things to add...

I feel the urge to tackle/question the content/tone of several comments/reasons/statements by certain 'decision makers' (and a small number of other members/mods) in their posts about this whole issue.. but I won't.... I don't feel that will be at all helpful to anyone.. and will only be perceived as being 'negative' I'm sure!

But it has, sadly, become crystal clear (from those same posts), that the level of values/beliefs/ethics around issues of human unity / compassion / love / freedom / truth / accessiblity / equality / respect for all, which I had thought underpinned this forum, are not quite at the level I had hoped/thought they were.

I am very sad at the decision by Bill/Kerry to make the forum paid/subs based. For me, apart from any personal financial aspect, I feel that the very premise of being required to pay (any amount, even 1 penny) to contribute to/participate in a Web Forum is erroneous and rather misguided...(sorry guys, but that's how I feel, no offence intended) ... especially given that:

1. An opinion poll was conducted and a clear majority said they would leave if had to pay to access the forum. To ask the members their views, and then to totally ignore them, and go and do the exact opposite of the forum's own 'market-research' is, to me, madness. It's shooting yourselves in the foot, my humble opinion, and I think something Bill and Kerry, that you might come to regret later, after hindsight has graced with its prescence.

To ask people's opinion, then ignore it and do the opposite of the majority, I'm sorry to say, for me that is a little reminiscent of the very type of political/power-play/'sod the peasants' shennanegans we're all here working to get rid of/overcome.. one way or another!

2. There have been SO many other positive, constructive, workable suggestions, some good, some less practical maybe, of ways to generate revenue for PC/PA 's continued running.... including clear offers to pay outright for PA Forum! Yet these solutions seem to have been put to back burner / done as a small 'sideline' to the Forum Subscription.

3.The very principle of this decision is forcing people to pay to participate .... yes.. forcing! Let's not make 'excuses' here, or try and paint it as something different! Basically, you will no longer be able to particpate in PA if you can't pay! Nor if you prefer to keep your dignity intact and financial position private by not going on the "free school-dinners" waiting list for 'charity-case' members!

4. ... point 3 is something which, by its very nature is, in my view, going along the very same 'mode of operating' that the world we are trying to Ascend, Change & Move On from operates in.. and has been doing for centuries.. hence the very mess we are all in right now on this planet! i.e. oh yes, there's plenty of resources on this planet.. for those who can afford to PAY for them!!!

4. Given a large content of PA/PC material relates to the financial downfall of the West/entire world, end to currencies, possible end of the entire monetary-based world as we know it in coming years... isn't making this a pay-for-membership Forum just going in REVERSE direction of what PA/PC stands for in first place??!!?

OK, enough from me!!!!

My simple summing up of the hundreds of thoughts I have about this decision, and some of the "reasons" / "justifications" which have been given for it, is this:

Just as a Company means its people, and by it's very nature/name cannot exist without them.. a Web Forum IS its members... and woud be nothing without them... except a blank template floating around in Cyberspace....

WITHOUT PEOPLE (freely and equally able to contribute) there simply IS NO FORUM!

PC/PA may have cost implications to keep going, am not doubting/commenting on that. But a Forum is a forum. And a business is a business. Don;t mix up the two! And PA is a Forum. Without the equal and free contribution of its members, it is nothing... no matter who 'owns' or 'runs' it.. no matter who's house the "party" is in!

I personally thank Bill & Kerry and all at PA/PC for bringing the forum intro being.. and also for all the info on PC.... I have no doubt that it has been hard work and I thank you for sharing the info with the public. But, notwithstanding that, even if I could afford to pay £500 per month to be a full member, I wouldn't do it. It's a matter of personal integrity, life-values and personal principles.

I wish you ALL well for the future! And thank you especially to the ordinary Members.. many of whom have contributed some wonderful and invaluable info, intersting ideas and personal thoughts and learnings...

Peaceful blessings!
Old 11-19-2008, 06:39 PM   #81
franciejones
Banned

zorgon...your post is exactly what I hope will disappear with a paid subscription!

What the "nay sayers" keep failing to mention is that EVERYONE will be free to read all info here....
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:40 PM   #82
macleodmunro
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: paid subscription??...i'm outa here!

Yes, i'd be happy to help out others to stay on the forum, although i still don't think this is the best option.

Weigh it up.
Excellent forum for free, or lesser forum you have to pay for.

mmmm, like i said not the best option.

Also i'd expect more Camelot material in the pipeline if were paying.
macleodmunro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:40 PM   #83
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ryan View Post
Hi, Swanny:

But can you afford $1 a month, which will be the minimum for those on low incomes?

That's $12 a year... or (as I said earlier) the price of two hamburgers. Or one movie ticket... or three Starbucks coffees.

Very best wishes, Bill
Thx for the reply Bill
But why would I want to pay to use a forum when all the best posters have left and the new info is very one mans view type??????

I have a idea, how about you let all existing members stay for free and charge any new people joining????
That way you reward the people that made this site what it is and you still get a income from new members. Plus your more likely to get new members because there is still a lot of new info being posted.
Also stick a little advert in the corner.
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:48 PM   #84
historycircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by franciejones View Post
zorgon...your post is exactly what I hope will disappear with a paid subscription!
Tsk, tsk, tsk, . . . (sigh)
Old 11-19-2008, 06:49 PM   #85
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

law of attraction people...get out of it! AIM HIGH!

PA powered by U2? a merger? with their site? maybe?

i mean them:

not them:

ok ...so maybe you end up with phil collins...

so what?

Last edited by capreycorn; 11-19-2008 at 06:52 PM.
capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:02 PM   #86
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
Contact one of the mods and tell them you'd like to have your name put on a list of people who would like to be gifted a membership.
Whatever for? Its not about the money, its about the principal...

By charging for 'info' on how the PTB and Governments are greedy at the expense of the people they resort to the same tactics and charge to here this?

The info provided by whistle blowers here time after time has failed to come true. Why pay for gloom and doom and false profits... errr prophets?

I can turn on Fox news and get that for free.

Well TTFN I have no intention of providing my work for free when someone else will make a buck from it... or at the very least I want my royalty check...
Old 11-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #87
crowmirror

Quote:

What the "nay sayers" keep failing to mention is that EVERYONE will be free to read all info here....
after reading your comments i conclude that you may be a prime candidate
for some cult somewhere....good luck on the compound!

what you seem to not notice is that the info will be leaving once ppl like zorgon are gone...
Old 11-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #88
franciejones
Banned

Thank you crowmirror! I appreciate your thoughts.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #89
SplatPantZ

Goodby to all, i will keep reading, but no more posting.
I would not like to be put on the list for help with payment or free posting as im not one for a free ride (unless in a ufo (snigger)).

Love to all
Old 11-19-2008, 07:18 PM   #90
Worlds Beyond 2

Quote:

Hi Francie...

I what many people, myself included are feeling, and the point we're trying to make is this..

yes, we understand the forum will be 'free to read' by all after the change to a monetary-based participation system is imposed... but the point that seems to have been overlooked (or perhaps ignored?) is that what MAKES this forum what it is, is the very information that is provided by the members themselves.. through being able to come and participate, freely and equally.

The whole idea/premise of a Forum, as I understand it, is participation by the public/audience (forgive me if I'm incorrect, I have not checked this in dictionary)... it is the members being able to actively contribute/voice/discuss.. not stand behind a screen hidden from view and just observe..

The members ARE this forum. No members = No information = No forum.

Without the members being able to input/access freely and equally... I think the forum will, sadly, start to be somewhat lacking in having content, and diversity, and may very well find itself not having "all the info", before too long....

Peace and good wishes
Old 11-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #91
franciejones
Banned

I appreciate what you are saying Worlds Beyond 2...HOWEVER Bill stated that being here is a privilege NOT A RIGHT and if a paid subscription is needed then it is NOT UP FOR DEBATE......

People who do not wish to pay are not REQUIRED TO DO SO. I do not see what the problem is.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:23 PM   #92
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

Hello OldPaganFreak.

The forum will remain free as read only, but if you wish to participate then you will have to pay a subscription fee. This is very fair considering the work that Bill and Kerry put into getting this information into the public domain. They are running on fumes right now and im suprised people who claim to care about whats going on dont show their support by helping them out. Many of us have jobs and we can pay the Bills. For Bill and Kerry this is their job. And considering they are providing this very valuable service to us, it is only fair that we play our part in supporting them.

It is also optional if you want to show your support by paying the subscription. If you do not wish to do so that is up to you.

All the best,

Jack

Last edited by Jack; 11-19-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:25 PM   #93
ucan
Avalon Senior Member

I've been on the forum since the beginning and it was really exciting when it began - but it's turned into something completely different now and I'm not so interested in being part of what's going on right now - I hope that when the subscription starts things will flow more - I for one will be staying and will be considering the money I pay as a donation to camelot/avalon for the fine work Kerry and Bill et al are doing and to help keep it going - with the added benefit of getting a login to avalon. I haven't used the networking features much yet as I'm not really a fan of facebook-esq sites and never really know what to say to people, but I've noticed quiet a few users that i'm really interested in and I would like to get a bit more involved...

ucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:30 PM   #94
franciejones
Banned

Well said ucan! My sentiments completely! Can't wait to see what changes take place.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:31 PM   #95
Donny

Quote:

I have to say I dont think this comment was constructive, we all have the right to an oppinion and express our fellings, even if sometimes they are read wrongly.

We still, even if some choose to leave the forum, for what ever private or disclosed reasons that they may have, we have things going on in the world which will require at some stage people working together to bring love and peace back to a stricken world, bickering and rudeness will only make people like myself wonder if the love and light realy shines from this once lovely forum.

Donny
Old 11-19-2008, 07:32 PM   #96
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Well said Jack! And with such a low fee for subscription I throw principals aside, and would be happy to help out those in need. False prophecies or not, I look at it as enlightening entertainment, for lack of any better words. There is always something to learn here!

Last edited by Dantheman62; 11-19-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:32 PM   #97
SpeedAdict
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Jack..

Listen.. What about us outside US that have problems with the dollar, and is very (not to say almos imposible) to obtain the dollars here..

The Exchange Monetary system in Venezuela is controlled 110% by the goverment... I wish to subscribe and keep writting in the forum, but to obtain the dollars to pay is REALLY difficult..

What about that kind of problem!!??
SpeedAdict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #98
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Hello OldPaganFreak.

The forum will remain free as read only, but if you wish to participate then you will have to pay a subscription fee. This is very fair considering the work that Bill and Kerry put into getting this information into the public domain. They are running on fumes right now and im suprised people who claim to care about whats going on dont show their support by helping them out. Many of us have jobs and we can pay the Bills. For Bill and Kerry this is their job. And considering they are providing this very valuable service to us, it is only fair that we play our part in supporting them.

It is also optional if you want to show your support by paying the subscription. If you do not wish to do so that is up to you.

All the best,

Jack
I agree with you. What Bill and Kerry are doing costs money unlike on other forums where extensive travelling is not required to get information.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:37 PM   #99
Worlds Beyond 2

Quote:
I appreciate what you are saying Worlds Beyond 2...HOWEVER Bill stated that being here is a privilege NOT A RIGHT and if a paid subscription is needed then it is NOT UP FOR DEBATE......

People who do not wish to pay are not REQUIRED TO DO SO. I do not see what the problem is.
Ouch!!
I was not having a go at you at all, so why are you up on some high horse ?

The "privilege" aspect, if there is one, goes BOTH ways.. are PA not priveleged that so many ordinary members have shared so much of their personal experiences, knowledge, idea and stories on here??

the "RIGHT" ??? oh.. ok... well.. I'm not sure it's worth continuing trying to reason with you ... ?? There is a BIG difference between "appreciating" what someone is saying, and really seeking to understand their view/feelings/thoughts, with an open mind and heart...

Take care Francie!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:40 PM   #100
Malcontent
Avalon Senior Member

Hm, going to start charging for forum? Well while nothing in life is free. I will have to say reading something you can't comment on isn't very rewarding. Appears my time here has been cut short.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote