Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 11-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #26
Skylark
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: people being herded into gold for the kill?

The number of regular people who can afford to buy any significant amount of gold is not big. The scam people are going to be caught by is the debt scam, loads more people are in debt than are buying gold. Most people hawking gold do seem a bit suspicious but its like the people selling wellies at Glastonbury. They charge too much for them and you know and they know you are being scammed, but you really do need them.
Alex Jones makes me very suspicious when he goes on about gold. I dunno...

gold and silver have been valuable for ever and will be in the future. They will go up and down but will not become worthless. And as a few posters have commented buying gold and silver now is not about making money its about securing the wealth you have in the most stable form you can get. paper is paper and electronic money disappears in a power cut. Gold and silver are storable and durable.
True you can't eat them but also true you can't store, preserve and maybe carry $10,000 worth of food to keep you. Food perishes.
Get a lot of storable food, and if you can also get silver and/or gold.
Skylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #27
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

I dowsed that article and it did not ring true. Best to make up your own minds... With regards updates on finances and slightly amusing I listen regularly to this...

http://patriotarchives.blogspot.com/ daily mp3 of news...
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #28
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
Hi Mike_Jetson,

A flood of gold on the market would not create deflation but gold inflation lowering its' value drastically.

This would mean that gold would become less useful for financial purposes.

Then the 'richer folk' buy all this low value gold and hoard it again, and, by limiting access would make it once again something of value, of course benefiting from this change of value and by controlling how much gold would be placed on the market.

It's an old Rothschild trick.

Best regards,

Steve
Yeah true. Ill sort the food futures out first, worry about more metal later

Alex Jones is not doing anything wrong promoting gold
Mike_Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:56 PM   #29
beegee
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammytray View Post
i will have to agree that whenever advice is given as to investments (like gold) through main stream media, you can bet your but there is a good reason for it and it probably isnt for all who buy gold will be somehow "safe" from a collapse.
amen!
beegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:20 AM   #30
broken arrow
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by broken arrow; 12-05-2008 at 05:23 AM.
broken arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:50 AM   #31
Kly
Avalon Senior Member

If you have money buy gold before 11/28/08 because the word is comex will get raided because it can not provide all of the physical gold it sold that must be delivered on that date. That means gold will shoot up.

Also buy seeds and store food not out of fear but because you must eat. Only spend your money in businesses that are local so the money gets circulated back into your community. Encourage others to do the same.

Plant a big garden this spring and put minerals down on the soil so you will have nuitrient dense food to eat. It will take less food to feed you that way and boost your immune system which will be effected by depressions of various kinds as the dollar desolves into nothing. The extra food can be traded for other things you need.

The ground crew

You might want to read:

http://www.maxkeiser.com/

http://projectavalon.net/forum/image...es/mfr_omg.gif
Kly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:20 AM   #32
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophiuchus View Post
just read another article on marketoracle.com.uk that supports my initial article on rense.com stating gold will level out at about $500 because of deflation.http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article7198.html any comments? are we being sucked in?
I used to watch the oil commodity market as part of my investor training. What I saw was that oil had a long low base. The rise was proportional to the base. Then they crashed it, and that is still ongoing. The people who win are the people who can control the ups and downs, and, secondly, the ones who are smart enough to ride on their coattails.

The same with gold -- a long low base, then a rise, then a drop.

I'm not going to play that game.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:57 AM   #33
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Jetson View Post
A flood of gold that has been secretly held back will surely cause deflation.
Yeah it's called Fort Knox

Tons of gold there...

Last time that the price of gold soared out of control... the government opened the vault at Fort Knox and sold gold. This caused the price of gold to drop sharply (read plummet) from over 700.00 to about 300.00

Everyone who bought gold lost their shirt... the money the gov made from the gold sale almost wiped out the deficit and we had 20 years of stability.

When did this happen? 1980ish

How soon we forget

Read it and weep all ye doomsayers who bought into the gold rush. Can you hear the hammer falling?

http://goldprice.org/30-year-gold-price-history.html

Be better to put your money into low priced stocks of good companies that can survive hard times... because they will recover

Oh and if you do I expect a commission
Old 11-15-2008, 08:07 AM   #34
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgon View Post
Yeah it's called Fort Knox

Tons of gold there...

Last time that the price of gold soared out of control... the government opened the vault at Fort Knox and sold gold. This caused the price of gold to drop sharply (read plummet) from over 700.00 to about 300.00
Did they buy their gold back later at the lower price?
Makes me think about "Trading Places" with Eddie Murphy.

btw, That is real dirty towards its own citizens..
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:23 PM   #35
addalight
Avalon Senior Member

I have read and heard so much about the economy lately I can't remember where I've heard what. I know I have gotten some really good info from Taxmaster's posts, here, the last couple of months.
Someone said we will probably have deflation as we are starting to see now, and the price of metals may go down for awhile until the inflation starts this spring.If you have debt, deflation is not a good thing. Inflation is more of a help with debt.

I don't think there is a one size fits all when it comes to investment. I personally think skills are of great value. I don't own a home or stocks and I'm a nurse with a government job; so I'm feeling really lucky right now. None of this was by design.

I have heard Saudia Arabia is buying large amounts of physical gold now. I worry it could be confiscated here in the USA again.

I really want to be mobile next year, so a big stash of food isn't practical for me, but it might be for you. I am considering building a toilet paper bunker when I settle. That way I could have the only key and sit on my throne and rule my community. Currency Make that a paper crown.
addalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:48 PM   #36
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addalight View Post

I really want to be mobile next year, so a big stash of food isn't practical for me, but it might be for you. I am considering building a toilet paper bunker when I settle. That way I could have the only key and sit on my throne and rule my community. Currency Make that a paper crown.
And then when you are done with it you can flush it down the toilet at least your paper currency has a useful use

Interesting that there are two threads here about gold and they both say the exact opposite to each other

I think, like yourself, that getting into the physical commodity of toilet paper rather than the COMEX toilet paper ETF is very wise especially when the S starts HTF it will actually be a real value asset after all unless we all start living off light we are all going to be wiping our assets clean no matter what happens... I alway look out for BOGOF deals on loo paper buy low, sell high....
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:07 PM   #37
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

I'm with you there, matey

TP will be in great demand, after decades of a long low base, lol.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:10 PM   #38
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

TP, and, RED lipstick (without lead)

cosmetics is another way, they kill women

i was shocked when, i found out, what was in most cosmetics
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:37 PM   #39
Accipiter_Phi
Avalon Senior Member

Location: over there, to the left... no, not that left, this left!

I hope all of you that have purchased copious amounts of gold have also tested said gold.

A "chemical/scratch test" kit costs next to nothing... You would be surprised what alchemists can do these days.

Test your gold. Trust me. I know many Russian Mafia types here in LA that prey on people like those here. They think its hilarious; after living through a real collapse in their mother country.

It's Big business.
Accipiter_Phi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:11 AM   #40
malakai
Avalon Senior Member

Ever one is entitled to their apinion but we don't have to agree.
Rense is wrong as the collapse of the US dollar is on the edge and then the birth of the AMERO !.
what Dollars you have will be paid back to you on 1 cent on the dollar.
You will have no choice but to except this as in order to work and be paid in amero's to pay your bill's,especially if you have a family to feed.
gold then will start to rise and will top out @$5,000 per ounce.
Then you can sell your gold for amero's if you have any but guess what not many people do as it is all been held for reason off "they would be back in the same situation if they didn't
I own gold and didn't purchase mine for re-selling but for trading for other goods.
Do yourself a favour
don't hold a large balance in your bank account and if you do transfer it to an offshore bank account you have just opened and keep your money in their currency.(not euro's but swiss franks, franks...etc)
I would say buy gold silver but guess what you can't....
Remember you will have to except the amero to live OR you could join the masses rioting, looting, risking your life.
Do the smart thing, listen to your instincts.
peace to all.
T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophiuchus View Post
here is an article on the value of gold that i would recommend to anyone who has bought gold or is contemplating buying gold. this guy states anyone buying physical gold is in for a losing proposition. that there will be no hedge. if my comprehension of the article is correct, it says we're being herded into gold for the kill. it's from rense.com, "planetary deflation","explaining gold to gold bugs again", by al martin, 11-7-8. if anyone could shed some light here because this flys in the face of a lot of other info(or propaganda). certain groups know that a panic stricken population is primed to be taken advantage of to separate them from their money and security if they're fool enough to be influenced by hysteria.http://rense.com/general84/planet.htm
malakai is offline   Reply With Quote