Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-22-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
ophiuchus
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation halfpasthuman says crash may have begun!(10/22/08)

urbansurvival.com (webbot translator) has just posted a special notice that the predicted dow crash to the 5800 level may have just begun. any comments?
ophiuchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
Labratinaz
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: halfpasthuman says crash may have begun!(10/22/08)

My husband says that his Money Magazine told him that 80% of this downturn is made up in the first year. He is a bit skeptical about the Elliot Wave theory in that it is great historically but during the ride, you really don't know where you are on the curve.

I don't know enough. Does anyone really think it will get THAT bad?

Peace and prosperity
Labratinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
Myplanet2
In The Mists

we'll have to wait and see. Robin Landry has a remarkable record, and George quotes him a lot. I wouldn't discount his predictions.

On the other hand, the PTB will seemingly do anything within their power to prevent the apparency of the crash to come to attention before they are ready. At least until after the coming US election.

So we'll have to wait and see. Gold, Silver, Oil, US dollar are all behaving against natural tendencies.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophiuchus View Post
any comments?
Only one...

I am fed up with predictions with nothing to back it up...
Old 10-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #5
joe2288
Avalon Senior Member

Question Re: halfpasthuman says crash may have begun!(10/22/08)

yeah im gonna have to agree half past human said oct 7 somethin

would happen and it never did which was a big let down

i think goerge green has a better idea about whats gonna happen and

in my own opinion i do believe somthin willo happen but i m feb up wioth

people giving dates
joe2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #6
eugene_vn
Avalon Senior Member

The Elliott Wave theory (lots of background on this at www.elliottwave.com), which seems to be the main interpretive tool they are using at HPH in addition to their linguistic analysis, is all about outlining most probable scenarios for future market movements and then refining those scenarios based on actual price movements. I've been an adherent of this method of stock market analysis for many years, though I readily admit it has its limitations and in no way provides a "crystal ball".

A good overview to the Elliott Wave theory and the related field of “socionomics” is provided in a free online film at http://www.socionomics.net/history/ .

One of the most curious aspects of Elliott Wave analysis for those who sense the coming world changes is that this theory of stock market behavior, which was developed by a relatively obscure accountant back in the Depression era named Ralph Elliott, is predicting a major stock market bottom around the year 2012. That forecast relies entirely on numerical relationships of past stock market price levels, not Mayan prophesy, astrology, etc. . . . though of course it can be seen as corroborating predictions based in those traditions.

I happen to agree mostly with the short-term "wave count" or forecast posted at HPH, in that I'm looking for a move Thursday off today's low up to around 8800-9000, followed by a big selloff of at least 20%. I'm more comfortable calling for the selloff to make a temporary bottom in the 6800-7000 area, though, rather than 5800 (not clear how HPH arrived at that figure). But it will definitely be a very emotional selloff so extensions to the downside wouldn't be surprising. In all likelihood there will be a sustained rally late this year and in the early months of next year, and this will probably fool a lot of people into unwisely re-investing in the stock market at precisely a terrible time.

The mainstream media like Money Magazine and Bloomberg.com are unfortunately doing a major disservice to the public through both shortsighted analysis and, in some cases, willful attempts to get mom-and-pop investors to play the stooges who will buy stocks from the “smart money” insiders getting out of the market while there is still time.

When they quote figures such as 80% recoveries within a few years, or claim that “buying and holding” stocks is a nearly foolproof long-term strategy, they are basing those claims on data sets going back only to the early twentieth century. That is where the “shortsightedness” comes in:

A key hole in all of the media comparisons of the current financial crisis to the Great Depression is that the current crisis, in Elliott Wave terms, is one degree of magnitude greater than the Great Depression; its most recent historical precedent is in fact the 70-year bear market of ca. 1720-1790. Precisely because no one alive today personally recalls the economic crisis of the eighteenth century, few people have an accurate estimation of how bad the coming bear market will be. It’s no coincidence that wars raged in many parts toward the end of the 18th century bear market (USA, Europe, Southeast Asia. . .) and so the potential for armed conflict towards the end of the current bear market is also rather high.

Luckily, and for reasons with which many here at Avalon are familiar (in terms of the “speeding up of time” going into 2012), the coming bear market is not likely to last several decades as in the eighteenth century. We will probably get through the worst of things by 2013-2015. However, quantitatively speaking, we will see the Dow fall at least to 1800 and very possibly to just triple digits as envisioned by HPH.

There are always multiple possible scenarios within an Elliott Wave interpretive framework; and that is to a large extent where the group consciousness / imagining and bringing into reality of positive futures work here at Avalon plays a key role. That is the kind of factor which absolutely can make the difference between having the bear market end at 1800 or 700 (or 50) on the Dow.

Elliott Wave theorists have found that the underlying neurological reason why stock market prices follow the patterns identified by Ralph Elliott is that investment decisions in most people are predominantly made by the reptilian (fear/greed) part of the brain, rather than the higher intellectual or intuitive faculties. As we evolve as a species away from the reptilian aspect of our thinking and behavior, it makes sense that we will also cease subjecting our society to these alternating cycles of financial boom and bust.

The bottom line in terms of investment advice is to get out of stocks, bonds, and nonessential real estate, and get into a combination of gold, silver, and strong currencies (the yen will be the dominant currency in the coming months – beyond that timeframe the markets will tell us what to hold, but the USD will likely be toast by then). Gold prices are nearing $700/oz. now and will likely bottom around $600-650. However, since availability is so tight, it’s probably a good idea to buy it when you can (where I live gold is readily available but we pay a 10% premium over spot price for example) even before prices have bottomed.
eugene_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #7
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

I just spoke with my banker son in England who said the next 6 months will be bad.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:35 PM   #8
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2288 View Post
yeah im gonna have to agree half past human said oct 7 somethin

would happen and it never did which was a big let down

i think goerge green has a better idea about whats gonna happen and

in my own opinion i do believe somthin willo happen but i m feb up wioth

people giving dates
Are you kidding me with this?
The HPH data was dead on. The info never said "something big would happen on Oct. 7". What it said was that around that time would be the beginning of a major downward turn, and any half-wit who googles the DOW chart for the last month can see that at that precise time, the Dow dropped significantly, a volatility that the market hasn't seen in a long, long time. We ain't seen nothin' yet. Check out the latest update to urbansurvival.com. The Dow is plummeting as we speak.
Do your research, son, then make a comment.
strayslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:38 PM   #9
CosmicFever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLMF5GM0Kt8

peace,
julie
Old 10-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #10
joe2288
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: halfpasthuman says crash may have begun!(10/22/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strayslack View Post
The HPH data was dead on. The info never said "something big would happen on Oct. 7". What it said was that around that time would be the beginning of a major downward turn, and any half-wit who googles the DOW chart for the last month can see that at that precise time, the Dow dropped significantly, a volatility that the market hasn't seen in a long, long time. We ain't seen nothin' yet. Check out the latest update to urbansurvival.com. The Dow is plummeting as we speak.

no no what he said was on oct 7 there would be a major shift in

consciousnes and that never happenened but hey the stock market is down

604 right know with 20 mins to go so its dropin about 10 points a minute this

is bad i take back my prvious staerment about the 22nd this might be a big

day godspeed and its just droped 60 points while i was writing this wow
Old 10-22-2008, 07:52 PM   #11
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2288 View Post
no no what he said was on oct 7 there would be a major shift in

consciousnes and that never happenened but hey the stock market is down

604 right know with 20 mins to go so its dropin about 10 points a minute this

is bad i take back my prvious staerment about the 22nd this might be a big

day godspeed and its just droped 60 points while i was writing this wow
You are simply mistaken.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #12
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

strayslack..

joe2288 hasnt said anything that needs your correction

he retracted his previous statement and then pointed out the stock markets current status....

I think you are the one mistaken
Orion Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:08 PM   #13
Avid
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgon View Post
Only one...

I am fed up with predictions with nothing to back it up...
The latest Bob Dean interview would correlate with these generics, however, it's a lot of 'common sense' that there will be trials and tribulations as the economies of the world are being deliberately taken down by the 'elite' to effect their plans. It resembles 'their' plans ww1, ww2 et al. Their method is their madness, and surely now we should wake up and not be nullified yet again!!!

These predictive linguistics only support what the 'elitist' plans want us to hear. My mind is my own, and always will be - I look for inspiration elsewhere, to achieve peace of mind, honour, truth and by inspiration from some very brave people who are honestly trying to tell us reality.

You sow the wheat from the chaff, and the plants from those seeds will reap the greatest rewards.

Namaste
Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:14 PM   #14
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Morris View Post
strayslack..

joe2288 hasnt said anything that needs your correction

he retracted his previous statement and then pointed out the stock markets current status....

I think you are the one mistaken
With all due respect, when joe2288 asserts that no shift in consciousness happened, or in a previous post, that "nothing happened", he was mistaken.
Thanks for your concern.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:18 PM   #15
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Use logic. This was in the works long before that date.
Why do people have this need to cling to useless date predictions?
Ampgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:20 PM   #16
CosmicFever

Smile Re: halfpasthuman says crash may have begun!(10/22/08)

Quote:
With all due respect, when joe2288 asserts that no shift in consciousness happened, or in a previous post, that "nothing happened", he was mistaken.
Thanks for your concern.
I guess we could look at this objectively and agree that's it's different for each of us. Food for thought.

peace,
julie
Old 10-22-2008, 08:32 PM   #17
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicFever View Post
I guess we could look at this objectively and agree that's it's different for each of us. Food for thought.

peace,
julie
If your neighbor is loses their job it is a recession. If YOU lose your job it's a depression
Old 10-22-2008, 08:35 PM   #18
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

The reason I've taken umbrage to these remarks is that I felt as if the post was trying to lump the HPH data in with concepts like this Blossom Goodchild nonsense, and that is simply unacceptable.
I agree that HPH is something upon which we should not solely base our thoughts and actions, and something to approach with caution, but to completely dismiss it is a mistake, in my estimation.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:44 PM   #19
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi ophiuchus,

I can see the DOW getting even lower AFTER the elections!

The present government will stop helping the banks and markets next year. The present government has not yet declared its balance for this year and has to meet foreign debt payments which I doubt it has money for.

Just to give you some idea of how 700b can go, Warchovia reported a loss of 28b just for last quarter! Here in Brasil, the central bank yesterday spent 22b trying to stave off the fall of the Real against the dollar. How much do you think was wiped off the DOW these last couple of days (even though volume today was light)?

The US government is asking for yet another 'stimulus' package this week.

There will be a meeting on the November 15 in the White House of 20 top world leaders to discuss the changes that will need to take place to move the world econnomy forward.

There will be a lot of cuts and bruises along the way. Even some window jumpers.

Of course there will be, there needs to be, a different approach and philosophy as to what is wealth.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophiuchus View Post
urbansurvival.com (webbot translator) has just posted a special notice that the predicted dow crash to the 5800 level may have just begun. any comments?
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #20
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

lol orly.. hum have you been under a rock for the last month.. crash started ages ago..
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #21
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

DOW has been crashing for awhile. What triggered the major downturn in the UK? What was the big thing that really told people something major is happening? The failure of a wealthy country. ICELAND guys- their currency is worth toilet paper. Oct 7, 2008. While it may not seem like a "big" event here in the US because it isn't all over our MSM, we are still seeing the ramifications. It's much larger than we can imagine.

Last edited by RubyTuesday; 10-26-2008 at 11:41 PM.
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:29 PM   #22
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi pineal-pilot-in merkabah,

That is clear. If you need to find the starting point, you need to go to the end of the .com boom, or even when the banking system changed from money supported by gold to money supported by interest rates and loans, or even go further back to when money was invented (no money, no loss of money).

The question was about the level of the DOW and when it will dip below 5800.

It is also important to identify the reasons and also what attempts are being made to try and stop it (if it's possible).

We need to try and understand why this will happen, where the mechanics of the system went wrong. Once that is understood we can protect ourselves for the next time - if there is one.

In another thread SeekingAlpha offered this link to a Scottish Hedge Fund Manager who gives his view:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=899394201

also check this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G7HQpXby5k

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post
lol orly.. hum have you been under a rock for the last month.. crash started ages ago..

Last edited by Steve_A; 10-23-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #23
joe2288
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: halfpasthuman says crash may have begun!(10/22/08)

Quote:
Thanks for your concern.
ok since your the expert on this subject why dont u tell us exactly what he

was right about in half past human and wat shift in consciuousness happened

Old 10-22-2008, 09:32 PM   #24
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

look we know the idea is to crash the economy why waste time with wondering when it goes..the idea with this site is to get ready for it.. for those that dont know what a crash means.. here goes.. worthless money= food ques, loss of sevices, total dependance on nthe state.. THIS IS WHAT THIS SITE IS ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! TO GET OF THE GRID AND PREPARE TO GO IT ALONE IN YOUR GROUPS OF TRUSTED PEOPLE... forget the economy its toast
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:35 PM   #25
Aisuru Chiku
Avalon Senior Member

Does anyone have link to the interview w/ Jeff Rinse last night ?
please forward ; )
Aisuru Chiku is offline   Reply With Quote