Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-02-2008, 10:53 PM   #1
Irving
Avalon Senior Member

Default What would/should/could we have in replacement of the Federal Reserve?

I think that we are all very well aware of how important the Federal Reserve is and how its creation has to do with powerful moneyed interests reclaiming control of America through manipulation of our credit.

These are two simple thoughts that I always bring up with those who are unaware of the illegitimacy of the Fed:

1. What country in its right mind would charge itself interest on its own money when it could create the money itself interest-free? The constitution clearly states that only congress has the authority to coin money. Instead, congress have outsourced that job to the private Fed corporation. The Fed charges us taxpayers interest on the entire 10 trillion dollar national debt. Does this strike you as strange? Why doesn't congress simply have something very similar to the fed that does not charge interest? (I usually also suggest that the answer to this question will lead one very far down the rabbit hole of that dreaded word "conspiracy".)

2. Where is the money EVER going to come from to pay the interest on our national debt and/or all private loans? There is simply never enough money ever in circulation to repay principle plus interest. The entire fed created money pool that is in circulation is substantially smaller than the final principle plus interest which must theoretically be paid back to the Fed. This literally means that our national debt can never be repaid. It is not possible. Let's look at a very overly simple example to prove my point: If a central bank loans out 1 dollar at 10% interest - and this is the only loan that it ever makes - how will you ever repay the 1 dollar at 10% interest? Where would the money come from to pay that 10% if the original 1 dollar is the only money in existence? It cannot come from anywhere, and you are permanently in debt.

Consequently, our country's population, and most other countries around the world as well, are enslaved by the world bank and central banks through debt which can never be fully repaid because of our inherently faulty fractional reserve banking and fiat money systems.

For anyone who has not seen it, this animated video is a great introduction to our system of fiat money and fractional reserve banking:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...74362583451279

So this leads me to the point of this post, and something that I rarely hear being discussed. I hear plenty of criticism of the Fed, but what could we have instead of the Fed? What would the perfect money creating system be in a true free market and free society? Any thoughts?

Last edited by Irving; 10-02-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #2
ifeelthefear
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What would/should/could we have in replacement of the Federal Reserve?

Not to be negative...But Mass turmoil.

Great question
ifeelthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:06 PM   #3
Irving
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What would/should/could we have in replacement of the Federal Reserve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifeelthefear View Post
Not to be negative...But Mass turmoil.

Great question
hahaha

Great answer. I love anarchy and lawlessness as well.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
uranian
Avalon Senior Member

money serves 3 functions, store of wealth, means of exchange, unit of account. the gold/silver/copper standard has worked well in the past. you can still get inflation under a gold standard, e.g. introduction of "new world" gold and silver significantly increased the amount of precious metal circulating, thereby decreasing their value, aka inflation. the simplest form of currency for me would be just coins stamped with their purities and weights. doesn't really matter who coins them. you would get away from currency trading (an insanely huge business, trillions of USD a day go through currency markets, except even by modern freaky fiat standards, none of that money is actually real), which would stabilise matters. the basic problem is the charging of interest for loans, i think, as the money for the principal (actual loan) already exists, but the money to repay the interest doesn't. this is the heart of the problem for the current system, it has to continually inflate so that the "money" exists to repay the principal as well as the interest, and when it stops inflating (pretty much when everyone is so maxed out on debt that they can't borrow anymore), it starts to crash. i.e. now.

but i think money is rather symbolic of our perceptions of lack. when we get free energy, this will change to a perception of abundance, and we will not compete with one another for bigger cars, TVs, whatever. certainly there will still be stuff that needs to be done that wouldn't be inspiring and joyous things to do (taking out the trash, etc.), but i can easily see a society that, at the local level, maintains some barebones administration to identify what needs to be done, and share that work among the citizens of the community. a day a week? not a lot, i think. this requires a paradigm shift, certainly, but i think we're both choosing it and being economically forced into it right now.
uranian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
Zarathustra
Avalon Senior Member

You have identified SCHYLLYA, don't forget CHARIBDIS = fractional reserve banking.
Zarathustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:44 PM   #6
Suriel

Wink Re: What would/should/could we have in replacement of the Federal Reserve?

I believe we should nationalize the federal reserve so there will be more oversight. Congress should be in control of the federal reserve. This will prevent future problems. However, do we trust the people in Congress? This is another challenge.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #7
Richard T
Avalon Senior Member

Aren't all the provisions already there in your constitution?
Richard T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #8
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

I'm curious,

this is the Oct 2nd 2008 report...

http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h41/Current/

These numbers seem very low...

The Treasury STRIPS date is October 6th, how will that effect us after the bailout?
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #9
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

dont want to put a damp0ner on it.. but your having the new AMERO fiat currency and you arent gojg to have a choice.. if you resist they will send you to fema camps.. forget money.. get out of their system and start your own communities if you can off the radar
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:05 AM   #10
historycircus

In my opinion, the system as we know it is about to change forever. I don't think the economic concerns that most of us here on Avalon will have to face will include finding a solution to the problem you propose. Most of us will end up in communities of a few hundred at most - no need for a FED structure when you live next to the guy who grows your food.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:22 AM   #11
Irving
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by historycircus View Post
In my opinion, the system as we know it is about to change forever. I don't think the economic concerns that most of us here on Avalon will have to face will include finding a solution to the problem you propose. Most of us will end up in communities of a few hundred at most - no need for a FED structure when you live next to the guy who grows your food.
Agreed. Your answers of this type have given me a good needed slap to the face. You're absolutely right. Who cares at this point. haha. And man, things are really starting to move fast now! There are still so many people around me who are slightly aware, but somehow think that the unfolding situation will indefinitely not effect them...
Old 10-04-2008, 01:08 AM   #12
Greg10036
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Amen Brother. We all have to stick together. Everything is about to change. Love and Peace.
Greg
Greg10036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:18 AM   #13
historycircus

Thanks for your positive responses.

Just prepare. Prepare to not only take care of yourselves, but others who you will pick up along the way.

Just prepare.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:22 AM   #14
FrostyMcunicron
Avalon Senior Member

Location: a box in the inner city w. a slight chance of suburbia New Jersey

"Give me control of a nation's money & i care not who makes their laws!"
~ M.A. Rothchild

I believe we should reinforce the silver standard, FDR tried. Once they removed the part of the USA dollar stating it could be exchanged for silver (X Dollars = X ounces 1:1ratio) it became a huge joke. Also, removing the deserving corrupt war criminals & people who've committed crimes against humanity should be removed from the gov & all economic influence.
FrostyMcunicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:25 AM   #15
historycircus

You really think any of what you just wrote has a snowball's chance in hell of happening?

No disrespect - it just ain't gonna happen. It is too far along for that now.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:10 AM   #16
Stephen

Quote:
You really think any of what you just wrote has a snowball's chance in hell of happening?

No disrespect - it just ain't gonna happen. It is too far along for that now.
ANYthing can happen. President Andrew Jackson got rid of the Central Bank.

JFK was going to and was killed for it among other things....

Who to say this will not be changed and then ALLOW the Constitution to give it back to Congress where it was meant to be in the first place.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:44 AM   #17
Zarathustra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dood View Post
ANYthing can happen. President Andrew Jackson got rid of the Central Bank.

JFK was going to and was killed for it among other things....

Who to say this will not be changed and then ALLOW the Constitution to give it back to Congress where it was meant to be in the first place.
as an addendum Old Dood, this was attempted WITHOUT the strong will of the nation behind it.
Zarathustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:25 AM   #18
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Ron Paul introduced a bill back in June to abolish the Fed.

Please go to campaignforliberty.com and search for his couple page bill.

I think he has a very good handle on this, since he has many books out on economics.

Also check out endthefed.us. A protest is scheduled for 11/22/08, the day the fed started 1913 and President Kennedy's death.

With Peace and Love in Mind,
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:30 AM   #19
truth-freedom
Avalon Senior Member

peaceandlove-

You said the magic words "Ron Paul". He is the answer to the FED if only we as Americans have the bravery and intelligence to force the change. He campaigned for the need to return to the gold standard his entire presidential campaign. If only people could see the truth...
truth-freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #20
MMe M
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranian View Post
money serves 3 functions, store of wealth, means of exchange, unit of account. the gold/silver/copper standard has worked well in the past. you can still get inflation under a gold standard, e.g. introduction of "new world" gold and silver significantly increased the amount of precious metal circulating, thereby decreasing their value, aka inflation. the simplest form of currency for me would be just coins stamped with their purities and weights. doesn't really matter who coins them. you would get away from currency trading (an insanely huge business, trillions of USD a day go through currency markets, except even by modern freaky fiat standards, none of that money is actually real), which would stabilise matters. the basic problem is the charging of interest for loans, i think, as the money for the principal (actual loan) already exists, but the money to repay the interest doesn't. this is the heart of the problem for the current system, it has to continually inflate so that the "money" exists to repay the principal as well as the interest, and when it stops inflating (pretty much when everyone is so maxed out on debt that they can't borrow anymore), it starts to crash. i.e. now.

but i think money is rather symbolic of our perceptions of lack. when we get free energy, this will change to a perception of abundance, and we will not compete with one another for bigger cars, TVs, whatever. certainly there will still be stuff that needs to be done that wouldn't be inspiring and joyous things to do (taking out the trash, etc.), but i can easily see a society that, at the local level, maintains some barebones administration to identify what needs to be done, and share that work among the citizens of the community. a day a week? not a lot, i think. this requires a paradigm shift, certainly, but i think we're both choosing it and being economically forced into it right now.
NO MONEY, no more slavery! It is all a means of slavery. It is a tool, a device the same as shackles, collars with bells, used to control the many by the few. It must end. Wants vrs needs and all the rest will come to pass. Work should be to sustain, create, to nourish the soul, not to feed the banks. Abo;ish the fed for the slave masters institutions that it is, and begin to trade again. How much would life actually cost if energy were free, if your housing was what you built, if you grew your own food co-operatively, see where im going here?

Yes some of you would need to learn skills but in a cashless society, we must cooperate with each other.

Last edited by MMe M; 10-04-2008 at 08:41 AM.
MMe M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:06 PM   #21
uranian
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMe M View Post
How much would life actually cost if energy were free, if your housing was what you built, if you grew your own food co-operatively, see where im going here?
yes.

we have it ass backwards at the moment. a house is built, and there is debt associated with it. a car is bought, and there is negative money associated with it. if you just step outside of the lack paradigm for a moment and look at the world, what do you see? massive amounts of houses, cars, computers, everything you could possibly want, and it's all there, in existence, now.
uranian is offline   Reply With Quote