Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 09-26-2008, 05:48 AM   #1
Soul Sequence
Avalon Senior Member

Default In Egypt, a 3,000-year-old find

In Egypt, a 3,000-year-old find

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa...ef=mpstoryview

Seems they just undug a statue of Ramses and if anyone remembers the story of Moses and the ten commandments and the plagues, how does this relate to the here and now? Didnt someone, somewhere say that when close to end times, we will start to recover ancient artifacts of significance. I guess it depends upon your perspective. Here's a little blurb of Ramses and Moses for the ones that arent familiar.

Who was Moses? What elements of this story relate to Egyptian facts and the myths from Ancient Egyptian religion?

Moses was portrayed as being brought up in the royal family but then he is cast out

No person fits this situation in the royal court of Seti. However, there was a Prince Tuthmose, the eldest son of pharaoh Amenhotep III, who mysteriously disappears from all records. Could he have been the factual origin of the Biblical character Moses?

The name of this prince - Thutmose - is very similar to Moses

The religion of Ancient Egypt was a polytheistic religion (with many gods). There was just one short period of monotheism (the worship of one god), during the reign of Akhenaten - who became known as the Heretic Pharaoh.

Akhenaten was the second son of pharaoh Amenhotep III, the younger brother of Prince Thutmose

Some have even claimed that Moses was in fact Akhenaten, others that Moses was a follower of the god Aten

In the "The Ten Commandments" movie Moses is portrayed as the son of the sister of the Pharaoh Seti who was found in the bulrushes.

In the creation myth, or Cosmogony, Isis hides her son Horus in the marshes, raising him in secret until he is strong enough to challenge the evil god Set

In the movie Moses is hidden in the bulrushes and eventually challenges Pharaoh

The 10 plagues visited upon Egypt

The Egyptian Ipuwer papyrus, which dates back to the much earlier Old Kingdom period, describes a series of calamities befalling Egypt, including a river turned to blood. Could this document be interpreted as an Egyptian account of the Plagues of Egypt?

The Ten Commandments are given to Moses by God.

The Ten Commandments are similar in content to the 'Declaration of Innocence', Spell 125 in the Book of the Dead, which consists of denials such as "I have not killed, I have not robbed and I have not lied" which are found in the Book of the Dead

http://www.king-tut.org.uk/egyptian-...amses-seti.htm

I am not in favour of this timeline that seems to be creeping up on
us

Regards,
Soul Sequence
Soul Sequence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:08 AM   #2
alice goes nuts....
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: In Egypt, a 3,000-year-old find

intersting, and yes this timeline sucks! lets change it now!!!!!!!! NOT ANOTHER TIME!!!!
alice goes nuts.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: In Egypt, a 3,000-year-old find

Nice article.
I wish they'd hurry up and find the Labyrinth of Egypt. It was supposedly a greater wonder than even the Pyramids. Something like that would count as a significant discovery I think.

I think it makes perfect sense that this Moses, in order to unify a brand new nation of exiles, would create for them a new religion, a new god and a new system of law - yet all based on what he, and they, already know.

I've heard that the Egyptians even invented circumcision, and even that every king was annointed as 'messiach', named after the crocodile god or something.

It's funny that Moses of the bible worshipped a god who refused to give his name, saying only, 'I Am'... I know the name 'Moses' is an incomplete name as such.
'Moses' was usually added to a name to mean 'son of', or 'from', or such term. Usually this would be son of one of the gods, eg. Ramses = Son of Ra, Tuthmoses = Son of Thoth and so on, so plain Moses = ...of a nameless god...?

It's also interesting that, if Ramses (or any Pharoah of that era) was the Pharoah of the Exodus then the whole 'invasion and conquest of Canaan' storyline must be borrowed from another time and inserted into the bible as if it was the exiled Israelites - since Canaan was under Egyptian rule in that era and so wouldn't need conquering.

Last edited by 100thmonkey; 09-26-2008 at 05:01 PM.
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote