Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 04-11-2009, 04:37 AM   #1
Barron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Obama Requests More Cash (for wars)

New Zealand Herald April 11, 2009, Page A25.

Obama Requests More Cash

President Barack Obama asked the United States Congress yesterday for an extra US$83.4billion ($143billion) to fund the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan this year. The request comes on top of more than US$822 billion that Congress has approved to fund the wars since September 2001, Obama said.
Barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:44 AM   #2
avyaktam
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Obama Requests More Cash (for wars)

It would be a waste to leave a drop in the lemon.
avyaktam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:23 AM   #3
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Wow....the boys at the money making machine are busy these days. No unemployment for them
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:29 AM   #4
Egg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avyaktam View Post
It would be a waste to leave a drop in the lemon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Wow....the boys at the money making machine are busy these days. No unemployment for them
Made my morning reading those two comments. What I don't get then, is who is paying for the war in the Phillipines? Americas third front in the global war on terror.

Don't believe me? go have a look! Southern Phillipines has more special forces per square yard than Washington at the minute.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg View Post
Made my morning reading those two comments. What I don't get then, is who is paying for the war in the Phillipines? Americas third front in the global war on terror.

Don't believe me? go have a look! Southern Phillipines has more special forces per square yard than Washington at the minute.
good morn. Egg: I was not aware of a war in the Phillipines? What is that all about?
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
Egg
Banned

Anti terrorism just like Iraq and Afghanistan. Special Forces only war down there - just like in Vietnam, they are there as 'advisors' but number in their hundreds.

Quote:
Stabilizing the Philippines is critical to maintaining a safe and secure Southeast Asia, which is one of the United States’ strategic security objectives, officials said.

“This is a different mission than any other I’ve been on,” said Maj. Chris Polites, commander of F-company 97th civil affairs battalion, 95th brigade, based at Ft. Bragg, N.C. There is a “long-standing relationship with the Philippines, and that’s different from any other theater.”
http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.o...ecial2357.aspx

Busy busy people those 'Fort Bragg' boys.

Quote:
Since January 2002, US Special Operations Forces (SOFs) have been stationed in the southern Philippines and have not left since then. Their deployment has significant implications for issues of peace and security in the southern Philippines, on democracy in the country and its sovereignty, on the geo-political balance in the region, and on the US’ global military posture. But – because of domestic historical factors and the current balance of political forces – it is on the claim that the US Special Forces are not engaged in “actual combat” that their continuing presence in the Philippines seem to stand.
http://focusweb.org/unconventional-w...html?Itemid=94

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Hundreds of U.S. special operations troops will soon join Philippine forces in combat operations against Abu Sayyaf rebels in the southern Philippines, defense officials said Thursday.

The American and Philippine governments agreed to an arrangement that will place U.S. troops in direct combat roles against the Abu Sayyaf for the first time since the U.S. military began advising the Philippine armed forces in counterterrorism tactics last year, the officials said.

The deal marks a major escalation of U.S. military involvement in the Philippines.
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...php/t-199.html

Funny how this dirty little war is well below any ones radar unless you know some one who has been or you know of strange deployments happening.

SWCC boys are loving it as its right up their alley too. Oh and if you don't know who SWCC are, heres a little video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E9dngGRmd4

Special Operations crews for cladestine and not so cladestine riverine warfare.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote