Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 10-30-2008, 08:20 AM   #1
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Default "The Great Southern California Shakeout"

While I was checking out the Pakistani earthquake details at the USGS site yesterday, I noticed this article released 10/28/08.

The opening reads.
What if you knew that a magnitude 7.8 earthquake would happen in less than three weeks? In a new video interview, USGS earthquake scientist Dr. Lucy Jones explains that millions of Southern Californians will be preparing as if they do know, thanks to the Great Southern California ShakeOut.
The ShakeOut takes place in Southern California on Nov. 13, 2008.

I just spoke w/ some friends in LA who were unaware of the drill, so I thought I'd throw this out there.

Now I'm waiting to hear about the new madrid counterpart here in the midwest.
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:34 PM   #2
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "The Great Southern California Shakeout"

Something doesn't sound right.

Looks like HAARP has something planned.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #3
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

My kids are in the school system (lausd), and have had this as part of their "earthquake preparedness" instruction for years now ( At least 5 years).
They bring in a sort of mechanical box that the kids can stand in, that shakes up & down, side to side & semi-violently, so that the kids can see what it would feel like, and what to expect with certain magnitudes. They're also teaching them about what goods to have on hand at all times, safety, that sort of thing.
I assume this training is as a result of the 94 Northridge quake.
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
Myra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlewerk View Post
My kids are in the school system (lausd), and have had this as part of their "earthquake preparedness" instruction for years now ( At least 5 years).
They bring in a sort of mechanical box that the kids can stand in, that shakes up & down, side to side & semi-violently, so that the kids can see what it would feel like, and what to expect with certain magnitudes. They're also teaching them about what goods to have on hand at all times, safety, that sort of thing.
I assume this training is as a result of the 94 Northridge quake.
Remember the Landers quake? It was much bigger than the Northridge quake:

http://www.seismo-watch.com/EQSERVIC...8.Landers.html

Anyway, it would not surprise me at all if they are planning something with HAARP.
Myra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
shybastid
Avalon Senior Member

I was living in San Bernardino(about 75 miles west of Landers)when that one struck.That was a real doozy.
When we ran out of the house...the houses across the street were about 10 feet higher then our house.We watched it roll towards us..that house went DOWN..then ours went UP..wild ride that one was.
Minor structural damage.
When they hit..its funny..other then getting away from 2 story structures and glass,once you get outside,theres NO place to hide..And stay away from power lines.
shybastid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:59 PM   #6
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi raulduke,

For everything on the Great Southern California Shakeout go to http://www.shakeout.org/

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulduke View Post
While I was checking out the Pakistani earthquake details at the USGS site yesterday, I noticed this article released 10/28/08.

The opening reads.
What if you knew that a magnitude 7.8 earthquake would happen in less than three weeks? In a new video interview, USGS earthquake scientist Dr. Lucy Jones explains that millions of Southern Californians will be preparing as if they do know, thanks to the Great Southern California ShakeOut.
The ShakeOut takes place in Southern California on Nov. 13, 2008.

I just spoke w/ some friends in LA who were unaware of the drill, so I thought I'd throw this out there.

Now I'm waiting to hear about the new madrid counterpart here in the midwest.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote