Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 09-12-2009, 02:23 AM   #26
TheObserver
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: "you lie"

And think about your own wishes as well about organ/tissue donation. These are important facts of life. And when your brain is dead either solo or along with your body you can't communicate your wishes. So planning ahead is well advised. DIY with a notary and checking off the form on the back of your drivers license sounds pretty easy to me.
TheObserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:27 AM   #27
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

One of the most hideous lies perpetrated under "Planning".

Maafa 21
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:48 AM   #28
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

You know he sits up trying to be "smug" and says death panel like it's a dirty word...... Ok so thats the name we gave it

Of course we always had "living wills" but it was our decision not left up to a dr to decide if we are "worth" saving. Yes, thats in the bill and it also in it that if a doctor doesn't follow these guidelines....they will be fined.

So all you people that are saying this is good, need to go to your homework. And if it pass, I pray that your child or parent is not judged by this ruling.

We already have dr's playing god by doing live birth abortions such as ones Obama and Mischelle agree with. Shame on them for playing with our children.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:38 AM   #29
TheObserver
Avalon Senior Member

Well here's some very interesting surveys on this subject

http://people-press.org/report/266/s...r-right-to-die

i always thought the "don't pull the plug on grandma" stuff was silly when

grandma WANTS it pulled the most!!
TheObserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:12 AM   #30
Antonia
Avalon Senior Member

i really don't get all the hysteria? But I live in ireland wer we have public health care... If you want to pay and have private thats your choice and if you want public health care for for free, then you can. Our public health care system is flawed and mis managed and there is always problems with funding going to the right places... BUT... at least if your sick or arive in ER of a hospital you get seen and fixed for free if you have no private health insuance... I'd rather have a public health care system that was flawed then none at all??
And I've been asking about these supposed Death Boards you are all concerned about in the USA and I was told that the person has the right to sign a form asking not to be resusuitated if they are cronic and terminal and going to die anay way and don't want to drag on in pain if the have a cardiac arrest etc... if this is true I would gladley sign such a form if I was in that position.... Can any one explain to me if you are going to have the right to still have private health insurance as well as public??? In the USA?
I saw the film Sicko by Micheal Moor and I cried my eyes out at it ... if this is any way true then surely you Americans have the worst system going.. Private health care who wont pay out ...and have currupt people actually making millions to deny private insurance paying people their health costs when they apply.... as well as poor people who can'r afford to pay hospitals going untreated or facing bankrupsy after being treated and presented massive bills?
How can any thing be worse then the way America's health care was???
Antonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #31
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

First off, hospitals at legally not allowed to not treat an ill person due to lack of money. So, the idea that people are going to die who don't have insurance is not true. There is a problem with costs and dealing with what is fair, tort reform, and unnecessary defensive medicine.

I watched Moore's film and yes I cried as well, but I also realized there was a lot of disinformation in the movie. Of course Cuba was going to help these poor uncared for Americans. Why didn't Moore get footage from Cuban's using the system? Many come to America from around the world who have the "great socialized" medicine in their country. They come here because the waits are too long in their country. The service is rationed. Many die waiting for an operation or suffer so much waiting.

This is a complex problem, and the government is not the one to fix it by taking it over. Just look at how well they've managed the VA hospitals, medicare and medicaid. Hell, they couldn't even manage cash for clunkers!

We need a catastrophic program, ability to buy insurance across state borders, and people without insurance need to be given the same price as those with insurance. That is a huge part of the problem. The funny thing is that it's not the doctors who are raping the people financially, but the hospital services and collection offices. There is a way to make them reduce there bills usually. You have to know the language:

http://www.hospitalvictims.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
i really don't get all the hysteria? But I live in ireland wer we have public health care... If you want to pay and have private thats your choice and if you want public health care for for free, then you can. Our public health care system is flawed and mis managed and there is always problems with funding going to the right places... BUT... at least if your sick or arive in ER of a hospital you get seen and fixed for free if you have no private health insuance... I'd rather have a public health care system that was flawed then none at all??
And I've been asking about these supposed Death Boards you are all concerned about in the USA and I was told that the person has the right to sign a form asking not to be resusuitated if they are cronic and terminal and going to die anay way and don't want to drag on in pain if the have a cardiac arrest etc... if this is true I would gladley sign such a form if I was in that position.... Can any one explain to me if you are going to have the right to still have private health insurance as well as public??? In the USA?
I saw the film Sicko by Micheal Moor and I cried my eyes out at it ... if this is any way true then surely you Americans have the worst system going.. Private health care who wont pay out ...and have currupt people actually making millions to deny private insurance paying people their health costs when they apply.... as well as poor people who can'r afford to pay hospitals going untreated or facing bankrupsy after being treated and presented massive bills?
How can any thing be worse then the way America's health care was???
Old 09-16-2009, 03:58 PM   #32
Antonia
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Unifiied Serenity... You explain it clearly..and I read some more since then... It seems such a shame that Obama can't get this right. I guess by trying to involve the private health care companies he was trying to give them all a chance to actually do what they are supposed to do as in the concept at their inception? But off course was up against such a collosal corrupt profit making system, it was always going to get the better of him and try to take him down... Is public health care now totally off the cards?
Is there a viable solution atall???
Antonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #33
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Antonia,

You have to remember that Insurance companies have always reinvested their profits. In life insurance, they have to keep 65% of their money liquid in order to pay off claims. I worked for a subsidiary of AIG until February called American General Life and Accident which was bought in 2000 by AIG. It was the biggest and felt to be unable to bought, but AIG did buy it.

I think it was 2000 when the glass stegal act was changed. The banksters and investment agencies worked very hard to change the laws in order to trade in foreign markets derivatives and that is what has made the stock market be ruined for the average investor. I think they planned this collapse and planned to use the derivatives, but now it appears their plans have gone awry for them as China and others are telling them those derivatives are useless and illegal.

I don't think they are illegal, but they were immoral and the media certainly did nothing to inform us of how the game was being played. The big media that most people turned to knew what was going on and they said nothing. The big media gets copies of the CAFR's and know all about the lies in budgets told to the taxpayers.

As for how to fix the healthcare problem, yes there are ways to fix it.

1. Tort Reform (would stop wasteful defensive medicine and lower doctors malpractice insurance costs)
2. Up Front Fees for service (would bring back competition)
3. One fee schedule for everyone
4. Competitive bidding on drugs in government programs paid for by taxpayers.
5. Catastrophic Insurance paid by every American over 18 at say $100.00 to $200.00 per year that would cover any Hospital bill greater than $30,000.00. 98.8% of all Hospital stays are less than that amount.

6. Those wishing for a plan to cover the issues that fall outside of #5 can buy a small plan that will cover doctor visits and the smaller problems. Those plans range from $75 to $200.00 per month depending on how much you want in the plan. Some are just for surgeries and varied from $50,000.00 to $100,000.00 per incident when I sold them. Yes, there were some increases for weight, diseases as those individuals were a higher risk. There were a few things that would disqualify someone such as type 1 diabetes or a pituitary issue. I think a State run health plan for individuals who fall into the small catagory of being disqualified and I really don't have a problem with that being part of the catastrophic coverage.

7. If you have insurance you should be able to switch plans or increase coverage without going through qualifications. This would encourage people to have some insurance no matter how young and healthy they are. This would deal with getting people to use preventative care and catch things early rather than not having insurance, ignoring a problem and then having a health emergency that costs thousands more to deal with.

The fact is that right now in America if you go to the hospital without some form of insurance, you will be charged 3 to 5 times more than someone with insurance unless you work out a deal ahead of time. I sold insurance plans a low as $25.00 per month that covered a little bit for surgery. Many used these plans to cover their deductibles, but the really big thing was just having that card kept you from getting overcharged.

Health savings accounts are an option, and it would encourage people to shop and bring down costs via competition.

I was always amazed at people who wanted the Cadillac insurance and were paying $600.00 a month for it and yet maybe went to the doctor 1 or 2 times a year. They had the nerve to tell me, "But I don't have to pay to see the doctor on this plan!" I would then inform them, you are paying over $600.00 dollars a month for the priviledge of not paying a doctor $200.00 for an office visit twice a year! What would you rather have, a plan that covers emergencies that costs you $1,500.00 a year or your plan which you say you can't afford that costs you over $7,000.00 a year? You are paying $5,500.00 more a year in order to save $400.00 in doctors visits!

I don't have all the answers, but from my experience, I think these options would help.

Last edited by Unified Serenity; 09-16-2009 at 04:50 PM.