Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
TheRebel
Avalon Senior Member

Default Rogue Wave Swept & Injured many at Surfing Contest in US

Two huge waves swept away spectators watching a Northern California surfing contest yesterday morning, causing broken bones and other injuries to people standing on a seawall.

Fifteen people had significant injuries, including broken legs and hands, authorities said. At least three of them were transported to area hospitals. Others were treated at the beach for injuries such as scrapes and bruises.

The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection Battalion Chief Scott Jalbert estimated 'a couple hundred' people were on the seawall at the southern tip of Mavericks Beach when the waves struck, upstaging the surfing competition that draws some of the world's top surfers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...g-contest.html
TheRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
TheRebel
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Rogue Wave Swept & Injured many at Surfing Contest in US

The pictures look terrible to me as it shows 25-30 feet high waves; still reminds me about 2003 Tsunami causing havoc. Is it quite normal there or a sign to be prepared for big and worse ones?
TheRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
Swami
Avalon Senior Member

Seems to be pretty normal there. Read the comments people gave...

i find it amazing that on the second down there is a big red sign saying "danger deadly waves at any time" and yet they seem surprised, sometimes we need to be less arrogant and head warning given to us.
- james, stockholm, 14/2/2010 06:31
Click to rate Rating (0) Report abuse

Sorry, while I feel bad for these people, all over the media here they tell people not to go to watch it; it's dangerous (see the big "Danger" sign) and better watched on TV because most of the surfing to too far from the beach. Every year they tell people to just stay home.
- Laura, doesn't matter, Calif USA, 14/2/2010 06:08
Click to rate Rating (0) Report abuse
Swami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

the tsunami was reproted to be like nothing anyone had ever seen. probably a man made event. i went to owahu in 2004 and the day we arrived 21st december the waves were 40ft at pipeline oin the north shore. the day we left the waves were 40ft we never got to see them even made it into the local newspapers in england when we got home.
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote