Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:45 AM   #1
Baggywrinkle

Default The Power of the Sauce Pan

The Saucepan
I know that many of you are asking themselves: What is this guy doing with such a pic?
The saucepan is a symbol in my country. It was used to remove one useless President after another, a total of 5 in one week. People would beat the pan in their homes and on the streets as a sign of protest. The sound of MILLIONS of pans beating is… humbling, to say the least. It’s like one giant vibration wave that no one could ignore, therefore the president had to escape the government house through the roof in a chopper.
It is also a symbol of hunger. Thousands of Argentines beat pans like that one against the closed doors of the banks that refused to return them their money.
The saucepan.
A powerful symbol indeed.
It only proves that it’s not the weapon, M16, FAL, M1A, it’s the willpower that matters.
A saucepan. When every single Argentine beat it, the power of all of them united was enough to remove a president, backed by an entire army.
Not a shot fired, just the will of the people.. and a saucepan to be heard

Ferfal

http://ferfal.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Baggywrinkle; 11-06-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:54 AM   #2
herbivore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Power of the Sauce Pan

i dig it
herbivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:01 AM   #3
Irving
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbivore View Post
i dig it
I adore saucepans.
Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:05 AM   #4
DiVineEnvy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irving View Post
I adore saucepans.
I adore the sound they make.
DiVineEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:29 AM   #5
Proletariat
Avalon Senior Member

Sauce pants just happen to be one of my favorite cooking instruments of all time, if it's worth ibeating some dents into them as a strong signal of disapproval then I shall take that sacrifice.
Proletariat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:36 AM   #6
alternative-answer
Avalon Senior Member

Lets take to the streets with our pans!!
alternative-answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #7
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Baggywrinkle,

Well I just realized that your Argentine. One day I wish to go to Rosario in Santa Fé to see what it's like. But that's another story.

Peaceful protests have manifested themselves in various manners throughout time and I admire each and every one. The 'Panelada' as they called it here in Brazil was to show the governement that the economic situation was so bad that the peoples' pans were empty, no food.

Do you remember the 'Caras pintadas' here in Brasil to oust Collor? I think in 1992, when I was still getting my feet under the table here in this country.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggywrinkle View Post
The Saucepan
I know that many of you are asking themselves: What is this guy doing with such a pic?
The saucepan is a symbol in my country. It was used to remove one useless President after another, a total of 5 in one week. People would beat the pan in their homes and on the streets as a sign of protest. The sound of MILLIONS of pans beating is… humbling, to say the least. It’s like one giant vibration wave that no one could ignore, therefore the president had to escape the government house through the roof in a chopper.
It is also a symbol of hunger. Thousands of Argentines beat pans like that one against the closed doors of the banks that refused to return them their money.
The saucepan.
A powerful symbol indeed.
It only proves that it’s not the weapon, M16, FAL, M1A, it’s the willpower that matters.
A saucepan. When every single Argentine beat it, the power of all of them united was enough to remove a president, backed by an entire army.
Not a shot fired, just the will of the people.. and a saucepan to be heard

Ferfal
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #8
dutchie
Avalon Senior Member

That is the spirit
dutchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:23 AM   #9
eugene_vn
Avalon Senior Member

That's funny, because in medieval Vietnam, banging pots and pans was considered a very important ritual. It was used whenever a lunar or solar eclipse occurred, which in medieval Vietnamese thinking represented a celestial dragon devouring the sun/moon. It was thought that by having everyone go out of their houses to bang the pots and pans, the dragon would be frightened and spit out the celestial body.

In fact, more than a few royal astrologers were severely punished when they failed to predict upcoming eclipses. The kings worried that this failure could lead to a situation in which the dragon devoured the sun or moon, and life as we know it would come to an end.
eugene_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #10
deepblu777
Avalon Senior Member

I LOVE IT!!!

Peace is the only path to peace...even if it is NOISY!

GET IT ON...BANG A PAN...GET IT ON!!!!

deepblu777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:54 PM   #11
Baggywrinkle

Me Argentine??

No, I'm a mongrel.

FerFal is Argentine. Bless his heart and soul.

We have discussed immigrating to Argentina or Chile in the hope of hooking up with one of the Mennonite communities there if America slides into a fascist shift.
But our Spanish is basic and our Platt Deutsch is non existent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
Hi Baggywrinkle,

Well I just realized that your Argentine. One day I wish to go to Rosario in Santa Fé to see what it's like. But that's another story.

Peaceful protests have manifested themselves in various manners throughout time and I admire each and every one. The 'Panelada' as they called it here in Brazil was to show the governement that the economic situation was so bad that the peoples' pans were empty, no food.

Do you remember the 'Caras pintadas' here in Brasil to oust Collor? I think in 1992, when I was still getting my feet under the table here in this country.

Best regards,

Steve