Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Default Ridicule Warning

Please be aware members due to recent activities by a group bent on disrupting this forum and their continued presence here I would suggest you read some of the posts you are replying to as some may be filled with ridicule of your beliefs they should be easy to spot and right now I could post two names that are busy posting tonite that are up to it . You response in a sincere manner seems to be fuel for their laughter because they have different beliefs then yours so read what you are posting to, very easily picked out

Last edited by Anchor; 01-04-2010 at 10:38 AM. Reason: spelling :)
Old 01-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
Angel in Disguise
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Ridicule Warning

Point taken...
Old 01-04-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
G9211
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Boy View Post
Please be aware members do to recent activities by a group bent on disrupting this forum and their continued presence here I would suggest you read some of the posts you are replying to as some may be filled with ridicule of your beliefs they should be easy to spot and right now I could post two names that are busy posting tonite that are up to it . You response in a sincere manner seems to be fuel for their laughter because they have different beliefs then yours so read what you are posting to, very easily picked out
You seemed to accuse me of being sarcastic on the thread, "Is death really a bad thing, I want your opinion," as you quoted one of my posts. I asked you about it but you had not answered me. If it is me you are accusing the do it. I'd also like to know WHY?? Did I say something to offend you? I'm a bit confused. If I am in error, please tell me.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #4
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

so what would you have me say to you ?
Old 01-04-2010, 09:08 AM   #5
G9211
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
so what would you have me say to you ?
In the other thread I was being sincere. I just wondered what you meant when you quoted my post and you stated,

"welcome BACK I see a few of the gang have arrived the sarcastic remarks are not required you do not have too believe what others believe if you have something else to share please tell the members here what it is we have grown tired of the ridicule game. can you not get over that or HAS IT BECOME A STICKING POINT FOR YOU?"

What did I say that made you respond in that way? I had only made one post before tonight and is this the type of welcome you give to newcomers???
Old 01-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #6
HorizonQ2
Banned

Can you be more specific? If there is a problem, maybe it would be best to just plainly point it out? What am I looking for? And by whom?
Old 01-04-2010, 09:50 AM   #7
dAkapacity
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Northern Boy,

I've read the 'Is Death Really A Bad Thing? I want your opinion' -thread and, if this is what you're referring to, I'm sorry, but I can't seem to spot any ridicule (of another person) in G9211's message. He does have his own right of his views on life and death as long as nobody is being attacked personally.

He said:
I'm so excited knowing I'm immortal with this endless adventure in front of me. This is how I see it.... I use to be kind of an atheist but had some events happened in my life and damn! It turned me around! So death is great, it's BIRTH that sucks! haha

I myself use humor and at times sarcasm without attacking others. It's a way of ventilating thoughts and events. If I do insult someone, I deserve and accept the hit! The problem with humor is that in a 2-D computer reality it is even worse to communicate than in real life (you miss the 75% non-verbal communication). Hope we can all get along in 5-D and up!

Because of the problems this forum has with some members wich are willingly creating division and chaos we are in an (over-)alert state. Not everybody is part of the disruptive game. We need to be careful not to create a 'counterwitch hunt'.

I did Vipassana meditation. What you learn there (and in different meditation techniques) is to accept your thoughts and emotions without attaching yourself to them... they eventually leave and you'll be rooted more in the flow of life. Don't want to be an as# -I know most of us know this stuff-, but maybe we can use this technique with (so-called) 'disruptive elements' as well...

Thanks for the warning though! I'll do look out!

xxdA.

Last edited by dAkapacity; 01-04-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #8
HorizonQ2
Banned

Quote:
I'm so excited knowing I'm immortal with this endless adventure in front of me. This is how I see it.... I use to be kind of an atheist but had some events happened in my life and damn! It turned me around! So death is great, it's BIRTH that sucks! haha
I agree with this entirely. Dealth is really a birth. We're born once and we die once. But after we die that first time, we live again - forever. Well, some of us, depending on how you decided to treat others here, and all that.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #9
G9211
Avalon Senior Member

dAkapacity - You are right! Humor doesn't work well online and I always forget that. My friends on facebook are always reminding me. LOL

HorizonQ2 - you say born once and die once...don't you believe in reincarnation? I do...was just curious.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #10
HorizonQ2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G9211 View Post
dAkapacity - You are right! Humor doesn't work well online and I always forget that. My friends on facebook are always reminding me. LOL

HorizonQ2 - you say born once and die once...don't you believe in reincarnation? I do...was just curious.
No, I do not believe in reincarnation. I believe that we get one chance. The Earth is a garden. We are the plants growing, and the garden will soon be harvested. The whole point isn't to save the world system (otherwise known as humanity), because that will surely pass away. To put effort into something that will inevitably pass away is pointless. To build on something that is temporary -- silly. A better goal would be to align ones self with what comes afterwards. Myself, for example, I couldn't care less about colonizing space or free energy. I care about people. I care about souls. I care about what will become of people when they take their last breath. Will they be cut off? Or will they be found worthy to live everlasting life, in accordance with the original plans of our Creator?
Old 01-04-2010, 10:37 AM   #11
G9211
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorizonQ2 View Post
No, I do not believe in reincarnation. I believe that we get one chance. The Earth is a garden. We are the plants growing, and the garden will soon be harvested. The whole point isn't to save the world system (otherwise known as humanity), because that will surely pass away. To put effort into something that will inevitably pass away is pointless. To build on something that is temporary -- silly. A better goal would be to align ones self with what comes afterwards. Myself, for example, I couldn't care less about colonizing space or free energy. I care about people. I care about souls. I care about what will become of people when they take their last breath. Will they be cut off? Or will they be found worthy to live everlasting life, in accordance with the original plans of our Creator?
Ok, I respect that, but what about those who have such short lives as opposed to those who live an entire century? For example, children who die before puberty? They didn't get the chance to live long enough to be anything really. I'm just curious how that fits into your belief.

I lean toward the earth is a "school" and we come back to learn different lessons and to try different things.

I guess we won't know for sure til we're dead.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #12
HorizonQ2
Banned

Quote:
Ok, I respect that, but what about those who have such short lives as opposed to those who live an entire century? For example, children who die before puberty? They didn't get the chance to live long enough to be anything really. I'm just curious how that fits into your belief.

I lean toward the earth is a "school" and we come back to learn different lessons and to try different things.

I guess we won't know for sure til we're dead.
I don't know the answers to everything. I just believe that generally, we're born onto this Earth to learn and grow - to prepare for what comes next. I am sure God has a plan for the children who do not make it do adulthood, and I am sure it is a fair plan. If God was not fair, he would not have made such a beautiful planet for us to live on. Shame about what's been done to it though, which is directly causing these premature deaths. We have ourselve's to blame though. We think we've got ot all sorted and don't need God. This is what happens. That's the way I see things.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #13
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Please be aware members due to recent activities by a group bent on disrupting this forum and their continued presence here I would suggest you read some of the posts you are replying to as some may be filled with ridicule of your beliefs they should be easy to spot and right now I could post two names that are busy posting tonite that are up to it . You response in a sincere manner seems to be fuel for their laughter because they have different beliefs then yours so read what you are posting to, very easily picked out
Perhaps the trigger finger is too itchy - keep the safety catch on please - there are innocent people walking around down range!

I'd like to add even if there were no "recent circumstances" your warning is valid.

Discrimination is the key.

Personally I don't care about being ridiculed. I say what I need to say. If people want to make fun of me - that's ok too.

The line is crossed at disruption (amongst other things).

A..
Old 01-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #14
G9211
Avalon Senior Member

What we do to the planet, we are doing to ourselves. Pretty logical to me, it amazes me that more people don't understand. But to be fair....it took me about 37 years to figure it out.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #15
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

This is a very good piece of advice for any forum

and though some commented here about death.... i will go check the other thread to make my comment.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #16
mkspllmn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
You seemed to accuse me of being sarcastic on the thread, "Is death really a bad thing, I want your opinion," as you quoted one of my posts. I asked you about it but you had not answered me. If it is me you are accusing the do it. I'd also like to know WHY?? Did I say something to offend you? I'm a bit confused. If I am in error, please tell me.
I thought your answer was sincere. No problem here!
Old 01-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #17
ellie
Avalon Senior Member

Well I suppose one has to be open about people and threads in general. But I happen to know Northern Boy very well and he and I and other members also know very, very well how conniving and serpentine certain people who have reared their heads on this forum since it went free can be.

At least NB has had the intestinal fortitude to keep an eye out and warn good spiritual loving people on this forum about the people who were awake at one time and are now receding into the dark because of fear of losing their mortal shell. That is all I will say because I know Anchor very well as well and I am sure because I have dared to post here again he will come straight in and ban me.

Well A, go on and push the darn button bud.

Kudos Northern, I appreciate what your doing as a watcher for the unaware and to you other people..........

Wake up and have a
Old 01-04-2010, 02:27 PM   #18
Shairia
Avalon Senior Member

The problem is that if you close yourself down to paranoia about forum disruptors the they have achieved their aim. You have to move forward and leave it in the past. Members here are very perceptive and can deal with problems as they arise. I for one am tired of reading about these past events, lets move on.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #19
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

I was so busy trying to expose those who came here with a certain agenda that now I am tired of it. especially that the moderators didn't like it very much. There were 2 waves...some of them have been banned, some are still here, arriving new every day or just having been here for some time ....they are waiting for their turn...their tactics have changed too...I know who they are, it is so obvious from their posts....now i do not even bother to read what they write and other members' responses either...
Old 01-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #20
dAkapacity
Avalon Senior Member

Amen Shairia!

xxdA.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:22 PM   #21
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

NB is very good at providing protection as he is quite the warrior and a really big heart

I can understand perfectly well where he is coming from and its understandable.

The last two weeks have been filled with many new people and even some using more than one name. Paranoida did come in but when being attacked with PM's as he and others have been it comes pretty easily. He was writing this thread to forewarn the rest of us.

So when you are being personally attacked as some have been, it's easy to understand the thread.

Anchor has made a valid point. As I too, no longer care if I am ridiculed. I know me as being honest in what I say even if I may be wrong. How else does one learn ?

So I too will send Kudos to NB but in the same token will say, let them ridicule away, it actually goes back unto themselfs. I have been guilty of doing this myself so I know. It saves yourself grief and you walk away the winner. Who needs it ?
Old 01-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #22
cantaloupe
Avalon Senior Member

NB, you may have developed some degree of troll sensitivity. We sensitive types are, well, sensitive to that sort of behavior.
For me, it's always interesting to note the ways people disrupt, because when I I can operate from a working understanding of it , I can usually be less reactive.
They have you, if looking out for whoever they are distracts you or diminishes what you do while you're here. Or worse, if you see them when they're not even there.
I always look to your well written contributions.
Happy new year.
Cantaloupe
Old 01-06-2010, 06:41 AM   #23
WinterWolf
Avalon Senior Member

Creator help me. I can't believe this thread even exists.
Northernboy actually made this thread to warn forum members about disruptive posters....

So now we have self appointed people who are going to be the forums watchdogs? What do folk take the Moderators as? Chopped liver? People whine and moan when they seemingly aren't doing their jobs and whine and moan some more when they are doing their jobs.

Was it really necessary to start this thread? I certainly hope folk posting to this forum have at least two brain cells to rub together and are discerning enough to spot the ones who are causing trouble. I sincerely hope most people here are capable of seeing the problems on the forum themselves....

If not I think it is time for me to leave permanently. I'm sure there are folk out there that would be happy to see me go.

Amazing. Just amazing....

I think I'll pretend I didn't come across this thread.

Winter Wolf
Old 01-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #24
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWolf View Post
Northernboy actually made this thread to warn forum members about disruptive posters....

So now we have self appointed people who are going to be the forums watchdogs? What do folk take the Moderators as? Chopped liver? People whine and moan when they seemingly aren't doing their jobs and whine and moan some more when they are doing their jobs.

Was it really necessary to start this thread? I certainly hope folk posting to this forum have at least two brain cells to rub together and are discerning enough to spot the ones who are causing trouble. I sincerely hope most people here are capable of seeing the problems on the forum themselves....

If not I think it is time for me to leave permanently. I'm sure there are folk out there that would be happy to see me go.

Winter Wolf
and I'll pretend that I didn't read your post....
Old 01-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #25
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWolf View Post

Winter Wolf
WW you must be a parent that you can so easily "tune" out the noise and disruptions.....lol
Closed Thread