Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default How to Vet an Article Before Posting It

First, the defintion of "vet" in this context:

From an online dictionary:

vet - verb transitive - chiefly British - to make a prior examination and critical appraisal of (a person, document, scheme, etc.) as in the candidates were well vetted

The thought has occurred to me that it would be helpful if we all (including me of course) took some extra time going forward to vet news articles before posting them and then not posting them if they're probably from untrustworthy sources.

Unless, of course, we want to post the article to show how disinformation agents work, in which case we should clearly state our purpose in the title of our thread or in the introduction of our post...

Anyway, one thing I think we should at least do is go to the "About Me" or "About Us" tab on the website in question and do some reading. If there is no "About Me" or "About Us," I think that is a red flag.

What do the rest of you think about this?
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How to Vet an Article Before Posting It

This is an excellent idea seashore thanks for giving us a foundation in which to share news.

To begin with does anyone have any information on Sorcha Faal? Is this a person?

I have never been to this website but it seems this one is notorious for disinfo

I think someone had mentioned David Booth as a possible writer for this website.
I don't know anything about him either.
TruthWillSetUFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthWillSetUFree View Post
This is an excellent idea seashore thanks for giving us a foundation in which to share news.

To begin with does anyone have any information on Sorcha Faal? Is this a person?

I have never been to this website but it seems this one is notorious for disinfo

I think someone had mentioned David Booth as a possible writer for this website.
I don't know anything about him either.
I just googled Sorcha Faal....& did find some info...apparently David Booth is the writer of all the articles. He is also an American......who is using any and all crisis, but it would appear mostly US crisis to make money from. I have to wonder why an American would do this to his own people? I will be more careful to not post anything from his website in the future. I feel like I unknowlingly rattled some feathers here & I apologise for this.

I will state this however, no matter what the story is, we need to be able to discuss it like intelligent people without innuendo, criticism, or snide remarks about the poster. I am also noticing recently on this forum that we are loosing our right to bring up anything controversial for discussion. It is frequently being targeted as being "negative" and is not acceptable here. Well I have news for you, negative is part of our reality and is the counterpart to positive.

We are loosing too many good posters & if you want a forum with only the same 10 posters with exactly the same topics every day, then so be it. But frankly thats boring.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seashore View Post
First, the defintion of "vet" in this context:

From an online dictionary:

vet - verb transitive - chiefly British - to make a prior examination and critical appraisal of (a person, document, scheme, etc.) as in the candidates were well vetted

The thought has occurred to me that it would be helpful if we all (including me of course) took some extra time going forward to vet news articles before posting them and then not posting them if they're probably from untrustworthy sources.

Unless, of course, we want to post the article to show how disinformation agents work, in which case we should clearly state our purpose in the title of our thread or in the introduction of our post...

Anyway, one thing I think we should at least do is go to the "About Me" or "About Us" tab on the website in question and do some reading. If there is no "About Me" or "About Us," I think that is a red flag.

What do the rest of you think about this?
Thank you seashore for this important info.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
I will state this however, no matter what the story is, we need to be able to discuss it like intelligent people without innuendo, criticism, or snide remarks about the poster. I am also noticing recently on this forum that we are loosing our right to bring up anything controversial for discussion. It is frequently being targeted as being "negative" and is not acceptable here. Well I have news for you, negative is part of our reality and is the counterpart to positive.
Bravo!
Old 12-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #6
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
You're welcome and thanks for your response!

Quote:
I did some research for this source for a post on another thread:

Post on "Minions (of the Powers That Be) Around the World" re. Sorcha Faal
Old 12-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Thank you seashore for this important info.
You're welcome.

Thanks for your participation.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #8
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Quote:
Bravo!

Another ...

We are all big enough to Discern and sift through information for legitimacy...

Whats the problem? Some people don't like negative news.

I have news for you, we live in a very negative world full of evil intent. FACT

Crickey guys..surely you didnt come here for all the fluffy stuff!!!

Stop being petty!!

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:41 PM   #9
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member

There is a difference between seeing negativity and being negativity.
Jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #10
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

I think the important thing about posting negative news is that we do it to face reality and then think to ourselves, "What should we be doing?"

If we're not allowed to post the negative news, how in the hell are we to take the next steps?

I post negative news out of love for humanity. I'm sure others do, too.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #11
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member

It is necessary to move these emotions. One would do well to consider the emotional reaction of others as well, and the very real laws of deliberate intent.

As for article posting.... truth is a perspective... nothing is absolute...

Personal discernment is the only thing i require for enlightenment
Old 12-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #12
solent
Avalon Senior Member

The problem we face day after day is finding the wheat from the chaff, most of the info doing the rounds at any given time can be discounted for one reason or another, so by not posting anything that may raise flags is doing this community an injustice, after all, is it not the purpose of our family to discuss and analyse anything and everything we feel is important, is that not the purpose of a forum?
solent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #13
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solent View Post
The problem we face day after day is finding the wheat from the chaff, most of the info doing the rounds at any given time can be discounted for one reason or another, so by not posting anything that may raise flags is doing this community an injustice, after all, is it not the purpose of our family to discuss and analyse anything and everything we feel is important, is that not the purpose of a forum?
I do believe we agree.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #14
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
You're welcome and thanks for your response!

I did some research for this source for a post on another thread:

Post on "Minions (of the Powers That Be) Around the World" re. Sorcha Faal
WOW seashore, very interesting on the Sorcha Faal background! and again, Mr Rense is showing his true colors by his actions, which I also find very interesting. Thanks for your research
Old 12-02-2009, 11:13 PM   #15
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
WOW seashore, very interesting on the Sorcha Faal background! and again, Mr Rense is showing his true colors by his actions, which I also find very interesting. Thanks for your research
You're welcome.

I'm not up to speed on your reference to Mr Rense here. You're talking Jeff Rense? Is his name in the links in my post at all? I did a quick look see and I didn't see anything...
Old 12-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #16
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
To begin with does anyone have any information on Sorcha Faal?
I just saw some more on Sorcha Faal.

I subscribe to the archives at Republic Broadcasting Network, and I see that Sorcha Faal is mentioned in the blurb for Dr True Ott's "Story Behind the Story" today:

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2009

Guest: Barbara Jean - Born on the 4th of July ... Also exposed WHAT "Sorcha Faal' truly is -- the feminine "Order of Rachal' - Yiddish for "To whisper secrets - and to embalm the dead."
Old 12-03-2009, 05:04 AM   #17
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

I subscribe to the archives at Republic Broadcasting Network, and I see that Sorcha Faal is mentioned in the blurb for Dr True Ott's "Story Behind the Story" today:

Guest: Barbara Jean - Born on the 4th of July ... Also exposed WHAT "Sorcha Faal' truly is -- the feminine "Order of Rachal' - Yiddish for "To whisper secrets - and to embalm the dead."

First, I read it was an ancient order

The Order of Sorcha Faal was established in 588 (BCE) in Tara, County Meath, Ireland, and claim as their Founder the oldest daughter of King Zedekiah, Tamar Tephi.

The name, Sorcha Faal, comes from the ancient Gaeilge branch of the Goidelic languages of Ireland and has the meaning of: Sorcha: She Who Brings Light Faal: the Dark and Barren Place

The Order of Sorcha Faal comprises 18 Monasteries in Ireland, Russia, Egypt, Lebanon, and the United States.

Then I read from another thread that it was strictly David Booth's writings, who is paid by one of the alphabet or EN'a, Men'a Pee'a groups.

Then this from a "Sister Rebeka"

"Dearest Sisters,

I have known for some time now that I would end up being the one tasked with this most disgusting of assignments having to defend our Sorcha Faal against the most insidious attacks being leveled against her by the powerful anti-semitic forces in the United States and Canada, namely that she ‘doesn’t exist’ and is, in fact, Sister Rachal’s father, David Booth.

As is my responsibility to the Sorcha Faal, I have completed this assignment and put herein my findings, with the added request to Sister Maria Theresa that this report remain among ourselves and not for public consumption as these issues against us have been brought about by the most powerful of our known enemies.

With God,
Sister Rebekah

And now this!?!

Guest: Barbara Jean - ... Also exposed WHAT "Sorcha Faal' truly is -- the feminine "Order of Rachal' - Yiddish for "To whisper secrets - and to embalm the dead."

What is the real deal with this person/group? No one seems to have the complete Truth on this

seashore here is the link regarding Jeff Rense in relation to Sorcha Faal that you asked about

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/whoissorcha.htm

Here is a snippet of the text

The first Internet posting attacking the Sorcha Faal occurred on April 7, 2005 and appeared on the known anti-semitic and hate site[1] Rense.Com and is owned/managed by a Mr. Jeff Rense and was titled "Reader Asks - 'Who Is Sorcha Faal?'" and concludes with these words: "Sorcha Faal... plain and simple answer... It's an anagram - rearrange the letters and it spells: "as of Rachal" (Booth)” [2].

This being the original ‘attack’ Internet posting against the Sorcha Faal to appear it should be noted that it was posted without any supporting links, or tangible evidence, to support the allegations made against the Sorcha Faal by its ‘anonymous’ author, and who is only identified by the term ‘Reader Asks’.

The apparent reason for Mr. Rense making his posting about the Sorcha Faal via an anonymous posting ties into his knowledge of how such postings can lead to legal action against the poster. A specifc example of this involves a television executive named Patsy Smullin employed by an American television station KOBI-TV.

In a World Independent News Group interview, Ms Smullin discredited the television accomplishments, and awards, Mr. Rense was claiming on his website, and to his Internet radio audience, by stating that "He was a compulsive liar.", and had never been, like he claimed to be, “an award-winning television News Director and News Anchor for over ten years”.

My independent research confirms the statements of Ms Smullin in that there exists no record of Mr. Rense ever having being employed as an executive by any American television station, or network, nor does he identify on his website any such television station names or call letters.

Does anyone have the Truth about this?
Old 12-03-2009, 05:46 AM   #18
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
TWSUF: can you please expand further on your thoughts about Rense? I listen to his interviews from time to time & have not picked up on anything. Maybe I'm naive in trusting people. I'm learning not to trust anyone now.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #19
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Now I am really confused regarding Sorcha Faal.

First, I read it was an ancient order...

The name, Sorcha Faal, comes from the ancient Gaeilge branch of the Goidelic languages of Ireland and has the meaning of: Sorcha: She Who Brings Light Faal: the Dark and Barren Place...

Then I read from another thread that it was strictly David Booth's writings, who is paid by one of the alphabet or EN'a, Men'a Pee'a groups.

Then this from a "Sister Rebeka"

"Dearest Sisters...

Sister Rachal’s father, David Booth.

And now this!?!

Guest: Barbara Jean - ... Also exposed WHAT "Sorcha Faal' truly is -- the feminine "Order of Rachal' - Yiddish for "To whisper secrets - and to embalm the dead."

What is the real deal with this person/group?
I guess David Booth has a family connection to the order.

I see from the snippet related to Jeff Rense that it is alleged that the first internet posting attacking "the Sorcha Faal" occurred on April 7, 2005 on the "known anti-semitic and hate site Rense.com" in an article titled "Reader Asks - 'Who Is Sorcha Faal?'" and that the article concludes that "Sorcha Faal" is an anagram of "as of Rachal."

Quote:
very interesting on the Sorcha Faal background! and again, Mr Rense is showing his true colors by his actions, which I also find very interesting.
Quote:
seashore here is the link regarding Jeff Rense in relation to Sorcha Faal that you asked about

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/whoissorcha.htm

Here is a snippet of the text...
I'm unclear about what you're saying, Truth.

Jeff Rense has been labeled anti-semitic. I don't believe he is. He is anti-Zionist, however.

He has written a response to his critics:

http://www.rense.com/general74/und.htm
Old 12-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #20
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Maybe I'm naive in trusting people. I'm learning not to trust anyone now.
I think every single one of us is challenged right now figuring out what is true and what is not; who to trust, who not to trust.

I like Stewart Swerdlow as a source; Waterman claims he is a fraud.

Even with Project Camelot, who I am indebted to, I disagree with showcasing Jane Burgermeister. I feel that Bill Ryan should have called Dr Ott, who had first-hand knowledge of Jane, before posting that video.

I feel that we have to continue trusting others. I couldn't function any other way. But I'm learning to test information myself for validity, even from trusted sources.

This research business is hard work, isn't it?
Old 12-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #21
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
...about Rense? I listen to his interviews from time to time & have not picked up on anything.
I wonder about an article by Ken Welch wherein he links to Rense.com with the phrase, "this popular propaganda outfit."

An Avalon member pointed out that Rense may be the target of "Pentagon propaganda mills."

It must be a huge challenge for people like Jeff Rense and Alex Jones to know whether what's sent to them is true.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #22
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I guess David Booth has a family connection to the order.

I see from the snippet related to Jeff Rense that it is alleged that the first internet posting attacking "the Sorcha Faal" occurred on April 7, 2005 on the "known anti-semitic and hate site Rense.com" in an article titled "Reader Asks - 'Who Is Sorcha Faal?'" and that the article concludes that "Sorcha Faal" is an anagram of "as of Rachal."

I'm unclear about what you're saying, Truth.

Jeff Rense has been labeled anti-semitic. I don't believe he is. He is anti-Zionist, however.

He has written a response to his critics:

http://www.rense.com/general74/und.htm
I don't believe anything that is being written about sorcha faal or Rense for that matter, my point was there is so much being said about both who knows what to believe about any of it.

And YES it is challenging to weed out Truth from falsehood! I am working on listening to the wisdom of my heart. If it gets confusing and overwhelming like all this about sorcha faal/Rense, then I have to rid myself of this energy!

Last edited by TruthWillSetUFree; 12-03-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #23
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I don't believe anything that is being written about sorcha faal or Rense for that matter, my point was there is so much being said about both who knows what to believe about any of it.
Oh; I see.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #24
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
TWSUF: can you please expand further on your thoughts about Rense? I listen to his interviews from time to time & have not picked up on anything. Maybe I'm naive in trusting people. I'm learning not to trust anyone now.
I have to say I honestly don't know who is who in the disinfo game WITW. Like I said, I am going to defer this to the wisdom of my heart and when it gets confusing like this, it is obviously not of a high vibration so I cannot align with it. This is the only place of reference I have at the moment!

Truth
Old 12-05-2009, 04:52 AM   #25
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

In the 2nd hour, Dr Ott talked about the banner at www.WhatDoesItMean.com, the website associated with Sorcha Faal:

He went through the symbols and stated that the origin of them is the kabbalah/cabala and dark witchcraft.

He read aloud the letter that is on the site that I included in this post:

7 April 2008

From Sister Rebekah

Jerusalem, Israel

Dearest Sisters,

I have known for some time now that I would end up being the one tasked with this most disgusting of assignments having to defend our Sorcha Faal against the most insidious attacks being leveled against her by the powerful anti-semitic forces in the United States and Canada, namely that she ‘doesn’t exist’ and is, in fact, Sister Rachal’s father, David Booth.

As is my responsibility to the Sorcha Faal, I have completed this assignment and put herein my findings, with the added request to Sister Maria Theresa that this report remain among ourselves and not for public consumption as these issues against us have been brought about by the most powerful of our known enemies.

With God,

Sister Rebekah

Looking back on it I remember trying to figure out who was who, and I think what I thought at the time was that Sorcha Faal was a person and the Sisters of Sorcha Faal was a religious order.

Dr Ott said that Sorcha Faal is a female group, an organization, of witchcraft practitioners.

Dr Ott also spoke about the Talmud, which he has studied. He used to be a Mormon and he studied the Talmud as part of his religious education. He said the Talmud is dark and he associated it with the kabbalah/cabala, Sorcha Faal as a group, and witchcraft.