Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Avalon?
A. Excited and Thrilled 49 31.41%
B. Satisfactory - Could be better 98 62.82%
C. This Forum Stinks - I plan on leaving 9 5.77%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
Suriel

Wink How Do You Feel About This Forum? (Avalon)

I sense that the vibe of Avalon is getting low.
I am concerned.
But, I could be wrong and
that is where you come in.
I believe that communication is the key
and maybe we can get to the source of the issues.
Feel free to express any concerns that you
may have about this Forum.
How can we make Avalon a better
experience for you?

Also, don't forget to participate
in the Poll. We need to know how you
feel about this forum.

This thread was created not to cause debates
but to get answers on how you are feeling about Avalon
and what your goals are in being here.
And if those goals are being fulfilled.

If the Forum turns out to be doing well,
then that is good news.

Thanks,
Kevin - Project Avalon Spiritual Mediator

Last edited by Suriel; 11-02-2008 at 07:35 PM.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #2
Artycarl
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?

This will be an interesting poll but personally I would like to see a choice between 'satisfactory' and 'stinking'.

Isn't it always the way...you give someone a choice and they wants more lol.

At the moment there lacks any real direction. Its a mass of too many different things from the highly spiritual to the completely mundane.

Whether true or not, it feels like Camelot is yesterdays forum and Avalon is todays so I rarely visit Camelot any more.

I was dismayed to read criticism about Avalon on another forum for being too 'doom and gloom', but these are difficult times and jollying up the forum just for the sake of it would be wrong too.

I would like to see more concerted efforts in getting people to meet each other outside of the forum and to compare notes. I know it has happened but it could be promoted more.

It would be nice if a moderator, acting as a kind of agent of Bill and Kerrys, could get involved too maybe with some helpful guidance from them to help get things going.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #3
alternative-answer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I am concerned.
experience for you?

feel about this forum.

then that is good news.

Thanks,
My goal, to pass on as much knowledge that is coming through me to as many people who will listen, I dont have all the answers or the right answers, I use discerment and wisdom to impart my knowledge and hope people feel inspired and empowered.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:36 PM   #4
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I am concerned.
experience for you?

feel about this forum.

then that is good news.

Thanks,
The novelty has warn down thats all, when something new comes into play people get excited. But after a while thing even out and things work the way it is meant to be.. But still its better then most other forums like this.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:38 PM   #5
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

The forum is currently undergoing a massive inlflux of 'disinformation agents' lately. Ive noticed this happening over the past month or two.

These guys use a variety of tactics all over the internet but in Avalon they make sure to give off a 'friendly' vibe, so as not to arouse any suspicion. In fact, many of them will be quite popular as they are familiour with the traits that make a person appear 'cool' to others.

I wont name any names, because i may be wrong and that wouldnt be good for anyone involved. But i know one thing, im 100% sure that they are here and they are working their evil little ways to sneakily control how some of the information presented here is portrayed.

They will use 'freedom of speach' at their disposal, and will have no problem doing their 'work' within the confines of this communities rules and regulations.

A smart wolf will always dress like a sheep.

So if anyone is wondering why the vibe has gone down it is because of this infestation. Remember the first few weeks of avalon? You could practically taste the positive atmosphere, simply because it was full of genuine positive people. The 'agents' could not function in such a minority, they dont usually present themselves until they have the cameflauge of numbers, and avalon has a nice number of regular posters lately.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #6
Suriel

Wink Re: How Do You Feel About This Forum?

Thank you members. Keep it coming. This will help the Mod team and
administration know how you are feeling. We want your stay
at Avalon to be a rewarding experience.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #7
alternative-answer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2infinityandbeyond View Post
The forum is currently undergoing a massive inlflux of 'disinformation agents' lately. Ive noticed this happening over the past month or two.

These guys use a variety of tactics all over the internet but in Avalon they make sure to give off a 'friendly' vibe, so as not to arouse any suspicion. In fact, many of them will be quite popular as they are familiour with the traits that make a person appear 'cool' to others.

I wont name any names, because i may be wrong and that wouldnt be good for anyone involved. But i know one thing, im 100% sure that they are here and they are working their evil little ways to sneakily control how some of the information presented here is portrayed.

They will use 'freedom of speach' at their disposal, and will have no problem doing their 'work' within the confines of this communities rules and regulations.

So if anyone is wondering why the vibe has gone down it is because of this infestation. Remember the first few weeks of avalon? You could practically taste the positive atmosphere, simply because it was full of genuine positive people. The 'agents' could not function in such a minority, they dont usually present themselves until they have the cameflauge of numbers, and avalon has a nice number of regular posters lately.
What's the basis for this, where's your evidence?
Old 11-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #8
alternative-answer
Avalon Senior Member

This is fantastic.
http://warofillusions.wordpress.com/...logy-hypnosis/
Old 11-02-2008, 07:52 PM   #9
fastarr
Avalon Senior Member

I only come to find interesting information and rarely partake in discussions.

I feel that there are members who genuinely care about where the world is going and would like to see things get better.

And then there are those who want nothing more than to discredit ideas and/or beliefs. Also, I feel that there are a few "boys who cry wolves", or however one would describe them, that enjoy posting fictional stories just to laugh, behind the scenes, at the response they get.

Criticism is not an attractive force and I feel that has repelled many intelligent ideas.

And there are those that take this stuff way too seriously, and preach that we're all going to hell. Saying it plainly.

My stand is everything in moderation. The world will never be a perfect place. It was never meant to be. If it were then we wouldn't be born with needs, i.e. food and shelter. There will always be war over who has what (material objects, information, etc.). There will always be competition amongst the people of the world. So many have the need to better than someone else.

It becomes extremely difficult to enjoy the life you are living when you are focusing on things of which you have no control. You can only control how you feel and respond to the things around you.

The truth is we as humans will never have the whole story. There are an infinite amount of perspectives to every story and it is impossible for someone to understand anothers point of view completely.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #10
Elephant Man
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Agreed. This saves me a lot of writing but will add that I personally cannot see why all the political threads are here. this was never meant to be a political forum, but it seems as though "free speech" means anything can be posted and accepted. I am generally against censorship, but really dont feel that politics belong here, we might as well start discussing sport. Now I am aware that people will say that politics affects the world situation etc... but what was the true purpose of Avalon? To unite in finding our way forward or something along those lines. Obama/mccain bashing does not fit in here and the continual negative political threads ar nothing but intentional trouble making. You wanna plug a politician or bash a politician? go elsewhere!

other than that little beef, rock on

Peace
Old 11-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #11
Topper
Avalon Senior Member

AA, check out the thread, America's greatest fear not yet realized. I would like your take on it.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:29 PM   #12
Allie
Avalon Senior Member

To be honest, I find posts regarding 'disinfo-agents' extremely off-putting. I honestly don't think this type of accusation is helpful to anyone - it just becomes even more of the same confusion and mistrust that is already quite rampant in our world.If anyone has such suspicions and believes he or she knows who, when, what and why, and can back it up with some evidence rather than their interpretation of 'dis-info' agent, and if they feel they can't put it out in the open, they surely have a duty to report it to the owners/moderators of this site? If being friendly is one of the prime reasons to suspect a 'dis-info' agent then heaven help us all. What is the optimum behaviour / attitude to aim for?
Old 11-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #13
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie View Post
To be honest, I find posts regarding 'disinfo-agents' extremely off-putting. I honestly don't think this type of accusation is helpful to anyone - it just becomes even more of the same confusion and mistrust that is already quite rampant in our world.If anyone has such suspicions and believes he or she knows who, when, what and why, and can back it up with some evidence rather than their interpretation of 'dis-info' agent, and if they feel they can't put it out in the open, they surely have a duty to report it to the owners/moderators of this site? If being friendly is one of the prime reasons to suspect a 'dis-info' agent then heaven help us all. What is the optimum behaviour / attitude to aim for?
Agreed
Old 11-02-2008, 08:37 PM   #14
Artycarl
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with your post Allie to a certain extent but I believe there are those among us whose sole mission is to disrupt and bring disharmony. Every forum has them.

Last edited by Artycarl; 11-02-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #15
Seeker Mom
Avalon Senior Member

I enjoy this forum and am very thankful for it. I feel that it opened at an unfortunate time because of the economic situation and the American election. I joined here as a diversion from politics, but have found myself responding to the political threads despite my constant promises to myself that I wouldn't post in them.

I don't know about the rest of the Americans here, but this election has me in a funk. I'm not myself right now. I'm pretty stressed out by the direction my country may be going, a direction I don't feel is the right one, so now isn't a good time for me. I've tried to read only the threads that don't concern politics but it's on my mind just the same.

I'm pretty sure things will settle down in a few weeks and the tension won't be quite as high with some of us.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #16
Allie
Avalon Senior Member

And I don't disagree with you - there are negative people in all walks of life who gain some kind of satisfaction from making waves. Personally, I'm not altogether convinced that's a soul mission - just an unhappy, negative person. I've lived long enough to meet a few.

But - what you say Artycarl kind of supports my view that it is down to an individual's interpretation of what a 'dis-info' agent may be. Let's perhaps be clear about that before we decide it's someone who seems to be friendly.

What exists on here are a collection of views. To some those views will appear to resonate, to others they will do the opposite. The comments will therefore reflect the myriad views. Why does that have to be 'dis-info'????

It wouldn't be fair of me to take this one issue and change the general direction that the moderators are aiming for, so I won't waffle on.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:54 PM   #17
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

There are some statements that I disagree with that have been posted about this topic.

I believe there is a gap in realizing the relevance about politics by those that are not from the states. Although, political processes in the states are stolen, we are still passionately connected to the political process. For example to not speak of politics means to not talk about Gary McKinnon.

The united states waited till the extradition law existed before they started to bring him here. That is call "Ex Post Facto" a prohibition by our Constitution. In America, politics has historically been participatory. It is politics that is hiding the UFOs. It is politics that is hiding free energy. It is politics that is taking the worlds freedoms away. It is politics that is trying take the internet down. It is through politics that the robber barons steal from us all. It is unfortunately politics ad nauseum in an election year.

We then must remember this forum started very near the election process peaking in the states. The political statements of those in this forum are a natural manifestation of what is transpiring in the lives of Americans at this moment. AND the repercussions are going to be felt over the entire world. Whether "Americans" really do make the difference via voting is not what I'm talking about. The point is that it is a presidential election this year and the forum was started right before elections and that is on the minds of the people in the states, and the world for that matter.

In the meantime there are many different approaches to problems and everyone thinks their approach is worth voicing. New age thinkers say the answer to the problem is manifesting ones destiny. Others say we must not speak of evil that is fearmongering. A political activist is going to say the answer is changing the policies . An activist is going to say it is full disclosure.

All these type of people are on this forum persuading others to believe them. Yet it is important we realize that all these type of people exist and it is what it is. There will eventually be groupings in the forum and they will manifest what they want to do regardless of what the other groups want.

The bottom line will be how Bill and Kerry massage the forum to fit the goals they want to accomplish.

One of the massage techniques may be to make it subscriber based. That will IMHO remove those that see it as an adjunct activity. In the meantime nformation is being posted in Camelot freely.

Certainly the main goal, meeting up with like minded and preparing, is going to at least cost folks some gas money. And if there isn't enough interest they just won't spend that money. If they were to go subscription based, the tone of the forum would actually become more focussed. It is my opinion that charging is one way of putting the responsibility of "connecting with other like minded" in the hands of those willing to pay for it.

Thanks for asking.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #18
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

It's all a matter of balance in my opinion-i think to try and stay bouyant whilst being objective i feel people on here balance each other out; -i don't post much on the spiritual side but i do read alot of it-i post on ufology/news/what does it mean etc. and anything that i feel needs to be read (not necessarily believed and taken as 'gospel') but understood with an open mind.People shouldn't just jump straight out of their clothes and attack a posting when it's there to be read; hopefully it encourages other research and expansion of information to be posted back.I do find in instances that some people who've negatively vibed some postings have hardly posted themselves;i do find this to be a little annoying when they aren't sticking their necks out themselves but very eager to attack someone who has!!.Apart from that -balance-read from both sides, camelot and avalon and do your own research in between and try and look for alternative news sites etc.There's no competition on here;it's about freely given information that is mostly suppressed in mainstream and sharing it as much as learning from info.that everyone posts,differentiate don't attack.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:00 PM   #19
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Man View Post
Agreed. This saves me a lot of writing but will add that I personally cannot see why all the political threads are here. this was never meant to be a political forum, but it seems as though "free speech" means anything can be posted and accepted. I am generally against censorship, but really dont feel that politics belong here, we might as well start discussing sport. Now I am aware that people will say that politics affects the world situation etc... but what was the true purpose of Avalon? To unite in finding our way forward or something along those lines. Obama/mccain bashing does not fit in here and the continual negative political threads ar nothing but intentional trouble making. You wanna plug a politician or bash a politician? go elsewhere!

Peace

Exactly!

We all know what religious and political discussions do, the divide us right down the middle. And its not just that, i see a lot of bashing going on. It happens on different levels, and sometimes it doesnt seem that conspicious at first but the end results can be very destructive.

To the guy who asked me wheres my evidence, im only giving you my observation of the forum. The evidence is everywhere if you look, and besides i dont wish to start naming names or singling out threads because that would just cause trouble.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:05 PM   #20
Dadrious
Avalon Senior Member

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall -- think of it, ALWAYS." - Gandhi
Old 11-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #21
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Wow! Gosh! I go along with most of the replies. I get the feeling that now that the initial excitement has worn off, the forum seems to have lost its way amongst the plethora of "you're wrong and I'm right" postings.

A bit like a boy-meets-girl situation. At first they can't keep their hands off each other. At this stage, passion is like a blazing fire that no amount of water could extiguish. As this passion dies down, the fire will either go out, or it will settle down to a nice warm glow of embers.

Like some relationships, the Avalon forum will have its ups and downs but these will eventually get sorted out as we all get to understand each other better. So don't let yourself get diverted from the aim of Avalon, let's all work towards tolerance for the opinion of others - provided that opinion is not contrary to the positive direction we are all striving for.

The observation was made many years ago that Rome wasn't built up in a day, but it was burnt down in one. Remember, you had to be able to walk before you could run and before walking, you first had to learn to crawl. How old is this forum? Give it a chance to prove itself.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #22
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Exactly!

We all know what religious and political discussions do, the divide us right down the middle. And its not just that, i see a lot of bashing going on. It happens on different levels, and sometimes it doesnt seem that conspicious at first but the end results can be very destructive.

To the guy who asked me wheres my evidence, im only giving you my observation of the forum. The evidence is everywhere if you look, and besides i dont wish to start naming names or singling out threads because that would just cause trouble.
I agree entirely-when posts are made sometimes i feel a sense of "is someone going to have another dig at this one now!!" type of feeling and i/we shouldn't feel like this (as we don't have to search and give info. we find-it's freely given)-members should be a little more constructive with comment rather than downright rude with nothing to back themselves up;this forum is supposed to be about enlightenment not base behaviour-i think enlightenment is mostly encouraged here but there are always the 'know alls' who don't post much but attack vehemently when someone else sticks their necks out.I've made a few comments on this when i've witnessed 'attacks' on unsuspecting posters that are just providing info. from their angle.If there are disagreements which there always will be (human nature) then i think it's better to discuss politely and intelligently; always provide encouragement to the poster whilst maintaining/providing your own opinions and researches on the matter at hand-dead easy but too difficult for some it appears.Anyhow my rant for the day!LOL.
Keep posting everyone and be beautiful.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:16 PM   #23
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

I like your angles Brinty!!Lol !!comparing it to a sex session that develops into a loving relationship.I'd like to have a beer with you sometime jack!lol.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #24
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Could be better. Not enough balance in certain areas. Too much negativity in Off-Topic.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:20 PM   #25
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Man View Post

Peace
Agree with you on the political threads. There are too many of them here and certain users do nothing but post them without contributing much else.
Closed Thread

Tags
complaints, feelings, forum, poll, popularity