Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #26
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: So. Cal. U.S.
Posts: 4,205
Default Re: Urgent Help Protect Our Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
Living in a city is a choice.
My god you still just blow me away!!!!!!!!!! You think these people have a choice? That's like saying all the people starving in Africa should just move, I mean come on open your eyes, how blind some are!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Again, sorry but wake up. Not everyone was born with a silver spoon.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:57 PM   #27
arcora
Banned
 
arcora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 696
Default Re: Urgent Help Protect Our Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
My god you still just blow me away!!!!!!!!!! You think these people have a choice? That's like saying all the people starving in Africa should just move, I mean come on open your eyes, how blind some are!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Again, sorry but wake up. Not everyone was born with a silver spoon.
Are you saying that someone is holding them hostage? That they can't move freely about the country?

We moved to South Carolina 1 1/2 years ago. By choice. We were in one of the most expensive parts of the country. If we were to stay there, both me and my wife would have had to work.

We made the choice to move to South Carolina so that we could afford to be home with our children. Our children are more important to us than our location.

Everyone has choice.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:02 PM   #28
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: So. Cal. U.S.
Posts: 4,205
Default Re: Urgent Help Protect Our Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
are you saying that someone is holding them hostage? That they can't move freely about the country?

We moved to south carolina 1 1/2 years ago. By choice. We were in one of the most expensive parts of the country. If we were to stay there, both me and my wife would have had to work.

We made the choice to move to south carolina so that we could afford to be home with our children. Our children are more important to us than our location.

Everyone has choice.
again, total,total,blindness and ignorance, sorry but you should hear yourself talk!! Wow!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:07 PM   #29
Shellie
Banned
 
Shellie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 267
Default Re: Urgent Help Protect Our Children

"When is the last time the federal government did one single thing in the interests of the people?

We need less government, more personal responsibility and an active role in the meating out of justice."



AMEN! The government are the ones taking most of the children for abuse anyway. Sure, there are tons of creeps around the block, but not as insidious as the CIA selling 3-4 year olds into sex slavery in order to make money to fight their other "wars". I am not into anarchism or vigilantism, but if the whole village got together to protect our children... there would be second thoughts in taking them in the first place.

I can't list here the numerous examples of sheeple-ness I have witnesses over the years. We have been so brainwashed into believing there is nothing we can do, and in fearing any attempts anyway. The American people are like a huge elephant shackled with a small rotting rope. If only they could see it was just a rope and not a huge chain!
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:10 PM   #30
Norval
Banned
 
Norval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On a boat in Tacoma, wa, usa
Posts: 394
Default Re: Urgent Help Protect Our Children

Dan, a friendly reminder, you are way off topic, not to mention going way out of line.

Your posts are familier in some strange way.

Back to Protecting Our Children is my suggestion, but that is only a suggestion. To all of us.

AMEN to that too Boogies
Norval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:16 PM   #31
JSErwine
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 73
Default Re: Urgent Help Protect Our Children

Ok, so say these bills do get passed. Do you honestly believe that the moneys allocated to this program will get used for it?

Prehaps if there were fewer of these programs people would be paying less taxes, which would make it easier for people to survive.

I support a family of 6 and there has always been a way to have a parent at home with our kids., always. Of course we have managed to live life without home loans, car loans, personal loans, no credit cards. It's realy not that hard, you just have to learn that you don't need everything the media tells you that you need.

This whole thing sounds like a false flag, just to increase their control over the public. I hate even worse the guilt trip being used "If you don't support this bill, you don't care about kids" always the same tactic and it is becoming a giant joke.
JSErwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:17 PM   #32
ForsakenFalcon
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hideing From The Clandestine Dark Suit's!
Posts: 190
Default Re: Urgent Help Protect Our Children

[QUOTE=arcora;23978]Are you saying that someone is holding them hostage? That they can't move freely about the country?
[QUOTE]

I'm not geting into this arguement but that's kind of blind sighted considering place's like in affrica if Your from a small tribal or eithen non tribal villige with no income how the hell are you going to get I-D? more then likely there parent's didn't eithen register them to the DB&M center's, I know of a family of some african place where the millitia attacked there villige they were able to kill a few of them and steal there ID's sold there riffle's and headed to Australia lol.
ForsakenFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:20 PM   #33
arcora
Banned
 
arcora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 696
Default Re: Urgent Help Protect Our Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenFalcon View Post
I'm not geting into this arguement but that's kind of blind sighted considering place's like in affrica..
I apologize for not being clearer. I was specifically referring to people in the USA.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:27 PM   #34
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: So. Cal. U.S.
Posts: 4,205
Default Re: Urgent Help Protect Our Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norval View Post
Dan, a friendly reminder, you are way off topic, not to mention going way out of line.

Your posts are familier in some strange way.

Back to Protecting Our Children is my suggestion, but that is only a suggestion. To all of us.

AMEN to that too Boogies
Why are my posts off topic in some strange way? explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with you about the government not getting any more involved but the blindness of yourself and arcora blow me away, again you think some people have a choice? wake up, not everybody can watch their kids like you guys seem to think.(can you say silver spoon)
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:44 PM   #35
arcora
Banned
 
arcora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 696
Default Re: Urgent Help Protect Our Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
wake up, not everybody can watch their kids like you guys seem to think.(can you say silver spoon)
Dan,

You don't know me. Everyone who does would laugh hysterically at the idea that someone - anyone - believes that I had or have a silver spoon.

My family is of very modest means. We make choices some would consider crazy but suit our values. We could chase the almighty dollar (my wife has an education that could get her a Big Time job on Wall St) but we don't.

Money isn't important to us. We have everything we need and don't want more. Family is important to us. Our children's upbringing, education and values are of prime importance. Those are the things we focus on. They are the choices we made.

It is hard for most people to unplug themselves from the pursuit of wealth. American society tells us all that success is measured in dollars. My viewpoints on this thread that you objected to were meant to point out that everyone in the USA has the same choices we do.

If they choose to live a lifestyle that prevents them from taking responsibility for their children that is their perogative. However, I object to exposing myself and family to more intrusions and snooping because of their choices.

You think I am blind or that I do not see. I believe I see very clearly. Unfortunately so many people don't see the choices that they do have in life and elect to relegate themselves to victim status - then beg for the government to help.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:03 AM   #36
JSErwine
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 73
Default Re: Urgent Help Protect Our Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Why are my posts off topic in some strange way? explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with you about the government not getting any more involved but the blindness of yourself and arcora blow me away, again you think some people have a choice? wake up, not everybody can watch their kids like you guys seem to think.(can you say silver spoon)
People do have a choice, but most choose the path of envy. Bigger houses, cooler cars, better vacations, all just material crap. To be truthfull I feal insulted when people say the poor can't do this or that, like they are lesser humans unable to care for themselves and family.

The silver spoon comment is out of line.
JSErwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:05 AM   #37
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: So. Cal. U.S.
Posts: 4,205
Default Re: Urgent Help Protect Our Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
Dan,

You don't know me. Everyone who does would laugh hysterically at the idea that someone - anyone - believes that I had or have a silver spoon.

My family is of very modest means. We make choices some would consider crazy but suit our values. We could chase the almighty dollar (my wife has an education that could get her a Big Time job on Wall St) but we don't.

Money isn't important to us. We have everything we need and don't want more. Family is important to us. Our children's upbringing, education and values are of prime importance. Those are the things we focus on. They are the choices we made.

It is hard for most people to unplug themselves from the pursuit of wealth. American society tells us all that success is measured in dollars. My viewpoints on this thread that you objected to were meant to point out that everyone in the USA has the same choices we do.

If they choose to live a lifestyle that prevents them from taking responsibility for their children that is their perogative. However, I object to exposing myself and family to more intrusions and snooping because of their choices.

You think I am blind or that I do not see. I believe I see very clearly. Unfortunately so many people don't see the choices that they do have in life and elect to relegate themselves to victim status - then beg for the government to help.
O.K. I get where you're coming from and I actually like you're way of thinking as far as a way of life, but surely you must understand that inner city single parent families, and lets say way inner city, if you know what I mean, who are just getting by really don't have a choice, sad to say.Is it their fault or not, who knows, I agree with you that government should not get more involved, I've been poor and I've been rich and now I'm living the middle by choice. Some people just don't have that choice, without education, and friends, or family, living on welfare! Yes alittle off topic ,but all connected, just trying to make a point.

Last edited by Dantheman62; 09-22-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:16 AM   #38
arcora
Banned
 
arcora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 696
Default Re: Urgent Help Protect Our Children

Where we live one can rent a modest but comfortable 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home for $300 per month. The average utility bill is about $40 per month.

With an expense structure like that couldn't just about anyone get off the hamster wheel of $uccess and focus on family if it was important to them?

Although my families means aren't so modest that we need to be on the public dole, there are many families in my community who live austere but comfortable lives with welfare and food stamps.

Cities are the most expensive places to live. Do the poor really need broadway shows, fancy restaurants and chic nightclubs? Why not leave the crime and ghetto life behind and go somewhere more comfortable?

Sadly, it's my experience that the poor chase material signs of success (shoes, clothes, jewelry etc) even harder than their middle class counterparts.

Last edited by arcora; 09-22-2008 at 12:28 AM.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon