Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 09-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #1
weezle
Avalon Senior Member

Default How brainwashed can someone be?

HI every1 this is my 1st post, so be gentle on me id like to apologise on my english because it is not so great.

Okay, here is the deal, im from Slovenia, small country in Europe, we're known at our kindness and readyness to help (or so i thought untill today).

Me and my friend were driving down the road when an American girl stopped us and started asking us about certain street. We explained her that on foot it will take her more then 1 hour and that we'd be more then happy to give her a ride, as this is going on she is on the telephone with someone also American im guessing as she was speaking in english with him, she asked him in this exact words: "should I drive with this people?" and i guess the answer from the other side of the phone line was NO, because she went running away omg

So, this is because people in US are bombarded with the term terrorists or what? I cant believe how someone can be so naive and stupid :/ i just hope there are not alot more like this out there cuz its sad it ruined my day...

okay, best wishes from Slovenia!
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year
Default Re: How brainwashed can someone be?

hi weezle,

that was a very lovely gesture you did in offering the girl a ride. you asked her with best intentions so be proud you have a kind heart!
unfortunately many people have been exposed to real or imagined fearful situations, so it is sometimes difficult to judge other people/motives.
the 'friend' that this girl was speaking to was also trying to do the right thing by 'advising her to not get in the car with a stranger' both of you cared about this girl..isnt that wonderful?
she made her choice to listen to someone she knew and trusted. there is nothing wrong with that.
i hope you continue to go forth with a kind and open heart...we need as many around as positive!!

hope you enjoy this forum and get as much out of it as I have been...
I dont know if there is a thread for your country on here yet..if not, maybe you could start one for any other people in your region who join?

peace and light
firehorse
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #3
arcora
Banned

Your English is great and welcome to the forums.

There is a simple answer to your question. Americans are taught from childhood by their parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents to never take rides from strangers. This is because, in America, there are incidents of crazy violent people picking up hitchhikers and murdering or raping them.

It isn't common - but it does happen. We're taught to never take rides from strangers.

Don't take that event personally. She probably wanted a ride and probably felt your intentions were good - but fear of getting into a car with someone we don't know is ingrained in us since childhood.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:06 PM   #4
weezle
Avalon Senior Member

Hey thanks both of you !!! your answers made my day shine again YAY!

LOVE TO ALL!
Old 09-18-2008, 12:24 PM   #5
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Weezle, please don't feel disheartened by this experience-i don't think she meant to be rude and you were very kind to offer her help-it's the fear factory at work-this is an illustration of how fear mantras including the main terroroist one affect people.I'm not saying be complacent and blaise about getting into strangers' cars (and the other comments above on this are rightly said),but indeed the societies we inhabit are filled with fear moreso than love.A girl alone climbing into a car with strange men is indeed a scenario we are constantly told not to adopt and rightly so;people should learn to process information with their hearts as well as their minds-they're designed to work in unison.Peace and love to yer Weezle.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #6
weezle
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, I understand that people are thought not to go in cars with strangers etc. so was I, but I dont think this was the case here, you know how we are always reminded that we are not only physical entities and so on, well, on the energy side of feelings I could just sense that she was so scared because she is from US and I got this feeling that she wont feel safe untill she gets home to Alabama or whatever city she may be from (btw, i love the way she spoke to me, never spoke to an american untill today hihi)

Can someone from US explain to me, how do TV programmes look like over there? im guessing they're showing wars, "terrorists", suicidal bombers all over the place right? Cuz id bet everything i own she got scared out of this reason and not because we were strangers ;D in her mind there is not a single safe place out of the USA, but in my field of view its just the opposite, so thats why i nammed the topic "brainwashed" :P

TV's should be banned!

I hope everyone is getting my point, so I won't get missunderstood because I have trouble expressing my thoughts and feelings in english okay? Thanks for that!

<3
Old 09-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
JohnWdoe
Avalon Senior Member

Your english is actually not bad and i might add more legible then mine after watching fox news all day

It is kind of sad that paranoia is so rampant in America and i may have a small piece of the obvious puzzle. Fear creates buy, over the years people have been pushed to the brink of fear and to me that stems from pure and simple violence.
People are afraid of getting hurt their bodies, knowledge, we always have the same under rule fear.

It struck me that the only way America can be "America" is in fear, now when the fear is gone you tell me what you have?

Jesus i should go write for Fox News... fun!
JohnWdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #8
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

HI Weezle,

I had a similar experience a few years ago. Even before 9/11 and all that.

I had been shopping in a little city in the south of the Netherlands called Sittard.
It was a nice day, warm and the sun was shining.
We sat down on a terrace for a drink. I felt so happy with my new outfit!
In front of us sat a couple, obvious from the US and she was so nice. Listening to her husband or friend who was boring her to tears with his stories. She did not find the courage to stop him.

After a while I could not resist the urge to get up and hand her a rose from the big bush I bought. Just to comfort her a bit.
She looked up at me, looked away as fats as she could and said NO.
Her friend noticed that I was not SELLING her a rose...but giving it to her. He enlightend her.

Then she took the rose,, smiled like she had bitten in a sour apple.

I still feel sorry for her.
Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote