Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 03-13-2009, 12:25 AM   #1
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation A Bombshell Revelation! Cheney's > "Executive Assassination Ring"

(Please note Seymour Hersh is a well respected investigative reporter; His allegations and his forthcoming book could bring down the 'Bush Cheney House of Cards!')
giovonni

Seymour Hersh: "Executive Assassination Ring" Answered to Cheney, Had No Congressional Oversight

By Eric Black, MinnPost.com. Posted March 12, 2009.

Investigative journalist Sy Hersh dropped a bombshell revelation on Monday about international killings ordered under Bush.

At a “Great Conversations” event at the University of Minnesota [Monday] legendary investigative reporter Seymour Hersh may have made a little more news than he intended by talking about new alleged instances of domestic spying by the CIA, and about an ongoing covert military operation that he called an “executive assassination ring.”

Hersh spoke with great confidence about these findings from his current reporting, which he hasn’t written about yet.

In an email exchange afterward, Hersh said that his statements were “an honest response to a question” from the event’s moderator, U of M Political Scientist Larry Jacobs and “not something I wanted to dwell about in public.”

Hersh didn’t take back the statements, which he said arise from reporting he is doing for a book, but that it might be a year or two before he has what he needs on the topic to be “effective ... that is, empirical, for even the most skeptical.”

The evening of great conversation, featuring Walter Mondale and Hersh, moderated by Jacobs and titled “America’s Constitutional Crisis,” looked to be a mostly historical review of events that have tested our Constitution, by a journalist and a high government officials who had experience with many of the crises.

And it was mostly historical, and a great conversation, in which Hersh and Mondale talked about the patterns by which presidents seem to get intoxicated by executive power, frustrated by the limitations on that power from Congress and the public, drawn into improper covert actions that exceed their constitutional powers, in the belief that they can get results and will never be found out. Despite a few references to the Founding Fathers, the history was mostly recent, starting with the Vietnam War with much of it arising from the George W. Bush administration, which both men roundly denounced.

At the end of one answer by Hersh about how these things tend to happen, Jacobs asked: “And do they continue to happen to this day?”

Replied Hersh:

“Yuh. After 9/11, I haven’t written about this yet, but the Central Intelligence Agency was very deeply involved in domestic activities against people they thought to be enemies of the state. Without any legal authority for it. They haven’t been called on it yet. That does happen.

"Right now, today, there was a story in the New York Times that if you read it carefully mentioned something known as the Joint Special Operations Command -- JSOC it’s called. It is a special wing of our special operations community that is set up independently. They do not report to anybody, except in the Bush-Cheney days, they reported directly to the Cheney office. They did not report to the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff or to Mr. [Robert] Gates, the secretary of defense. They reported directly to him. ...

"Congress has no oversight of it. It’s an executive assassination ring essentially, and it’s been going on and on and on. Just today in the Times there was a story that its leaders, a three star admiral named [William H.] McRaven, ordered a stop to it because there were so many collateral deaths.

"Under President Bush’s authority, they’ve been going into countries, not talking to the ambassador or the CIA station chief, and finding people on a list and executing them and leaving. That’s been going on, in the name of all of us.

"It’s complicated because the guys doing it are not murderers, and yet they are committing what we would normally call murder. It’s a very complicated issue. Because they are young men that went into the Special Forces. The Delta Forces you’ve heard about. Navy Seal teams. Highly specialized.

"In many cases, they were the best and the brightest. Really, no exaggerations. Really fine guys that went in to do the kind of necessary jobs that they think you need to do to protect America. And then they find themselves torturing people.

"I’ve had people say to me -- five years ago, I had one say: ‘What do you call it when you interrogate somebody and you leave them bleeding and they don’t get any medical committee and two days later he dies. Is that murder? What happens if I get before a committee.?’

"But they’re not gonna get before a committee.”

Hersh, the best-known investigative reporter of his generation, writes about these kinds of issues for The New Yorker. He has written often about JSOC, including, last July that:

“Under the Bush Administration’s interpretation of the law, clandestine military activities, unlike covert C.I.A. operations, do not need to be depicted in a Finding, because the President has a constitutional right to command combat forces in the field without congressional interference.”

(“Finding” refers to a special document that a president must issue, although not make public, to authorize covert CIA actions.)

Here is a tape of the full Mondale-Hersh-Jacobs colloquy, a little over an hour, without the audience Q and A. If you want to look for the Hersh statement quoted above, it’s about at the 7:30 mark.

The rest of the evening was, as expected, full of worry and wisdom and quite a bit of Bush-bashing.

Jacobs walked the two elder statesmen through their experiences of:

•The My Lai massacre, which Hersh first revealed publicly and which he last night called “the end of innocence about us and war.”
•The Pentagon Papers case, which Mondale called the best example of the “government’s potential for vast public deception.”
•Henry Kissinger’s secret dealings, mostly relating to the Vietnam War. (Hersh, who has written volumes about Kissinger, said that he will always believe that whereas ordinary people count sheep to fall asleep, Kissinger “has to count burned and maimed Cambodian babies.”)
•The Church Committee investigation of CIA and FBI abuses, in which Mondale played a major role. (He talked about the fact that FBI director J. Edgar Hoover, not only spied on Martin Luther King but literally tried to drive him to suicide.)
•The Iran Contra scandal. (Hersh said the Reagan administration came to office with a clear goal of finding a way to finance covert actions, such as the funding of the Nicaraguan Contras, without appropriations so that Congress wouldn't know about them. Mondale noted that Reagan had signed a law barring further aid to the Contras, then participated in a scheme to keep the aid flowing. Hersh said that two key veterans of Iran-Contra, Dick Cheney and national security official Elliot Abrams, were reunited in the George W. Bush White House and decided that the key lesson from Iran-Contra was that too many people in the administration knew about it.)
•And the Bush-Cheney years. (Said Hersh: “The contempt for Congress in the Bush-Cheney White House was extaordinary.” Said Mondale of his successor, Cheney and his inner circle: “they ran a government within the government.” Hersh added: “Eight or nine neoconservatives took over our country.” Mondale said that the precedents of abuse of vice presidential power by Cheney would remain "like a loaded pistol that you leave on the dining room table.")
Jacobs pressed both men on the question of whether the frequent abuses of power show that the Constitution fails, because these things keep happening, or whether it works, because these things keep coming to light.

Mondale stuck with the happy answer. “The system has come through again and again,” he said. Presidents always think they will get away with it, but eventually reporters like Hersh bring things to light, the public “starts smelling this stuff,” the courts and the Congress get involved. Presidents “always, in the long run, find out that the system is stronger than they are.”

Hersh seemed more troubled by the repetitions of the pattern. The “beautiful thing about our system” is that eventually we get new leaders, he said. “The evil twosome, Cheney and Bush, left,” Hersh said. But he also said “it’s really amazing to me that we manage to get such bad leadership, so consistently.”

And he added that both the press and the public let down their guard in the aftermath of 9/11.

“The major newspapers joined the [Bush] team,” Hersh said. Top editors passed the message to investigative reporters not to “pick holes” in what Bush was doing. Violations of the Bill of Rights happened in the plain sight of the public. It it was not only tolerated, but Bush was re-elected.

And even Mondale admitted that one of his greatest successes, laws reforming the FBI and CIA in the aftermath of the Church Committee, were supposed to fix the problem so that “we would never have these problems again in the lifetime of anyone alive at the time, but of course we did.”

original story link;
http://www.alternet.org/rights/13115...t/?page=entire
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Cool UPDATE: The CIA responds to Seymour Hersh (via MinnPost)

UPDATE: The CIA responds to Seymour Hersh (via MinnPost)

By Eric Black | Published Thu, Mar 12 2009 1:53 pm

"Utter nonsense," is the quote from CIA spokester George Little.

In case you're out of context, I wrote yesterday about comments famed investigative reporter Seymour Hersh made Tuesday night at the U of M, which included a description of a story he is working on that he said would show that "the Central Intelligence Agency was very deeply involved in domestic activities against people they thought to be enemies of the state. Without any legal authority for it. They haven’t been called on it yet. That does happen."

CIA spokester Little emailed me:

"I saw your story on Seymour Hersh’s recent allegations regarding CIA activities since 9/11. If you wish, you can attribute the quoted portion that follows to me, in name, as a CIA spokesman:

'This is utter nonsense.'"

I spoke to Little to clarify whether he was aware of the basis for Hersh's statement (which I am not, only that it's based on his reporting) or whether he was categorically stating that nothing the CIA has done post-9/11 could be reasonably characterized as domestic activities against people they thought to be enemies of the state. He said it was a categorical denial. He doesn't know what Hersh claims, but any claim that the CIA has engaged in domestic spying is "complete and utter nonsense," saith Little on behalf of the CIA.

I have solicited a comment from Hersh.

Source: http://www.minnpost.com/ericblackblog/2009/03/12/7344/the_cia_responds_to_seymour_hersh_via_minnpost
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:30 PM   #3
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: A Bombshell Revelation! Cheney's > "Executive Assassination Ring"

Excellent post, Gio!
Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

i'll be interersted in watching this play out. hersch just might wake up dead.
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:28 AM   #5
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpaganfreak View Post
i'll be interersted in watching this play out. hersch just might wake up dead.

Guess if he is dead, he won't wake up Sorry oldpaaganfreak....I couldn't resist. But you are right, I hope he has protection!
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:49 AM   #6
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

This rang bells with me Gio. Before Avalon I read up on conspiracy, mind control stuff on the web site, Educate Yourself. On it I read the story of Andy Pero, a mind controlled slave turned into a superman. They never quite took all of him over. He had Silva Mind Control training, and used a technique he learned there to rescue his body constantly. An incredible story and he recounts Delta Force operations he was made to be part of.
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:16 AM   #7
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Ian Punnett now on Coast to Coast AM...M15, Executive Assissination

Ian Punnett now on Coast to Coast AM.

Will be bringing up the "Executive Assassination" topic shortly.

Plus

Author Gordon Thomas will discuss the history of the British Intelligence Services as well as Israel's Mossad and the techniques they use to create the world's most feared and respected spies.

UPDATE: As soon as I see the interview posted on youtube I will update this thread. Great show!

Intelligence Agencies - recap of show
Author Gordon Thomas spoke about British Intelligence agencies MI5 and MI6, the murder of weapons expert Dr. David Kelly, and the likelihood that the UK will be attacked by terrorists during the upcoming G20 summit. Full details forthcoming.

Newest Publications:

Secret Wars: One Hundred Years of British Intelligence inside MI5 and MI6 (US Edition)

Inside British Intelligence: 100 Years of MI5 and MI6 (UK Edition)

Gordon Thomas returns here on the 100th anniversary of Britain’s Security and Secret Intelligence Services to provide the definitive history of the famed MI5 and MI6.

These agencies rank as two of the oldest and most powerful in the world, and Thomas’s wide-sweeping history chronicles a century of both triumphs and failures. He recounts the roles that British intelligence played in the Allied victory in World War II; the post-war treachery of Great Britain’s own agents: the defection of Soviet agents and the intricate process of “handling” them; the often frigid relationship that both agencies have had with the CIA, European spy services, and the Mossad; the cooperation between the British and Americans in the search for Osama bin Laden; and the way in which MI5 and MI6 have fought biological espionage and space terrorism.

The go-to expert on international espionage and the intelligence communities has conducted prodigious research and interviews with significant players, resulting in this rich and delicious page turner. With insider information more startling than anything out of James Bond, Secret Wars is a must-read for anyone interested in the intrigue-filled world of international espionage.

http://www.gordonthomas-author.com/Publications.html

Last edited by peaceandlove; 03-22-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #8
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Secret Forces Carried Out Assassinations in "A Lot of" Countries, Inc. Latin America

Seymour Hersh: Secret US Forces Carried Out Assassinations in "A Lot of" Countries, Including in Latin America

Tuesday 31 March 2009
by: Amy Goodman

The investigative journalist for The New Yorker explains his recent bombshell revelation about Dick Cheney's "executive assassination" squads.

Amy Goodman: Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative journalist Seymour Hersh created a stir last month when he said the Bush administration ran an executive assassination ring that reported directly to Vice President Dick Cheney. Hersh made the comment during a speech at the University of Minnesota on March 10th.

Seymour Hersh: Congress has no oversight of it. It's an executive assassination wing, essentially. And it's been going on and on and on. And just today in the Times there was a story saying that its leader, a three-star admiral named McRaven, ordered a stop to certain activities because there were so many collateral deaths. It's been going in - under President Bush's authority, they've been going into countries, not talking to the ambassador or to the CIA station chief, and finding people on a list and executing them and leaving.

Continues: http://www.truthout.org/040109K

Sourced at: http://solari.com/blog/ Catherine Austin Fitts' blog
Old 04-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #9
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

The fact that the CIA even responded to this speaks to me that it is true , they deny it and are now rounding up the cowboys to create the story of how " it is utterly nonsense ".
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:16 AM   #10
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Ok, I don't have a clue why Catherine Austin Fitts just posted this article now.

The Daily Ed
Kucinich Calls For Congressional Investigation Into Cheney Assassination Unit

Posted in Dick Cheney by radiodujour on March 16, 2009
Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Monday, March 16, 2009

Democratic Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) has called for a formal Congressional probe into allegations by investigative reporter Seymour Hersh that former Vice-President Dick Cheney had his own SS-style political assassination unit.

Kucinich made the call Friday in a letter to Chairman Edolphus Towns of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee which has been published on the Congressman’s website.

Continues: http://edwardrynearson.wordpress.com...3/16/kucinich/

SOURCE: http://solari.com/blog/ Catherine Austin Fitts' site.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:55 AM   #11
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: A Bombshell Revelation! Cheney's > "Executive Assassination Ring"

Lots of things have been cooking in the oven> and this old goose> might jussst <B> about ready
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:12 PM   #12
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Hersh stating, “it’s really amazing to me that we manage to get such bad leadership, so consistently.” Amazes me of his ability to either be an idiot at that level or the ability to just lie. We get what we get because we don't elect someone who represents us, but someone the ptw have allowed us to elect, just as when I put three outfits out for my children to choose what to wear to school, they think they picked their clothes when I was the one who approved what they could pick from.

We lost our electoral options at least 75 years ago if not earlier. The only option is to get rid of the hidden power called the "Shadow government" written about so clearly by Perloff in "The Shadows of Power" and "Checkmate: the game of princes" I think by Brown. Interestingly, I interviewed the author of Checkmate on my radio show in the 1990's and I can't find the book online at all. Guess it was a little too revealing.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #13
Mercuriel
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Re: A Bombshell Revelation! Cheney's > "Executive Assassination Ring"

The Pegasus File

Mercuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #14
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

I do remember this being brought up by Herst prior to this. It was during the time frame that another newsman was "killed" by Cheney (in my book anyhow, he ordered the hit) He ran the show "meet the press" and I can't remember his dang name now. Tim Russert

The CIA is being investigated as they should be, they are nothing but pure evilness in my book. They work for the vatican and that says enough. I do not condone anything they do or see it's purpose but to destroy others life. Thats my opinion anyhow

Herst is speaking loud and clear and makes me proud. You go Sir

Kuchinvich is another one of my heroes with Ron Paul and I hope they do make their voices heard. Mondale is super fantastic and I believe will help in our efforts.

Thanks for sharing

Last edited by mntruthseeker; 06-11-2009 at 08:51 PM.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #15
Avalon Senior Member

So, the CIA gangstalked Martin Luther King to drive him to suicide. Guess I'm in good company...
246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:05 AM   #16
no caste

A few things in the news today -

Lawmaker won’t deny secret CIA program was ‘Cheney assassination ring’
By David Edwards and Ron Brynaert - July 10, 2009
http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/07/...sination-ring/
Early Friday morning, MSNBC followed up on a theory posted Thursday on the Huffington Post which alleged that a secret CIA program shut down in June by director Leon Panetta could have been related to a purported effort led by Vice President Dick Cheney to assassinate intelligence targets abroad.

Unclassified Report on the President's Surveillance Program
(PSP)
July 10, 2009 (PDF, 40pp)
http://www.fas.org/irp/eprint/psp.pdf
Old 07-11-2009, 08:44 AM   #17
no caste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriel View Post
I just read this. (PDF 25pp, half is endnotes/refs). Some excerpts (!) secret org in a secret org.

the war on drugs -

Unknown to all those present, Seal [deaded] had earlier provided Tatum with a list of names of those high-level government officials deeply involved with or responsible for controlling the narcotics business. Seal called them the "Boss Hogs". Tatum has kept this list a tightly-held secret until recent weeks. The list cites the surnames only, and is reproduced above, as I received it, complete with misspellings as written. I have appended their full names and titles in brackets.

"BOSS HOGS" &emdash; UNITED STATES
€ Casey (William Casey, Director Central Intelligence)
€ Clair-George (Clair Elroy George, Head of CIA's Central American Task Force)
€ Bush (Vice President George Bush)
€ Kissinger (Dr Henry Kissinger, Chairman, Kissinger Associates; former US Secretary of State; former National Security Adviser)
€ Haig (General Alexander Haig, former Secretary of State)
€ Greg (Donald Gregg, former National Security Adviser to VP Bush, Ambassador to
Korea and alleged joint "Controller" of Panama's Manuel Noriega, along with William Casey)
€ Clairage (Duane "Dewey" Clarradge, CIA)
€ Fernandez (Joseph Fernandez, CIA Costa Rica Station Chief)
€ North (Lt Col. Oliver North, National Security Council aide)
€ Singlaub (John Singlaub, CIA covert operator)
€ Colby (William Colby, Director Central Intelligence, 1973-76)
€ Secord (Richard V. Secord, regarded as a "brilliant" CIA black operative)
€ Weld (William Weld, head of Criminal Division, US Department of Justice;
instrumental in "blocking" Senate investigations into narcotics, according to testimony of former Senate special investigator, Jack Blum)
€ Rodriguez (Felix Rodríguez, CIA officer with close connection to VP Bush)
€ Peroot (General Peroot, Defense Intelligence Agency)
Most, if not all of these names are readily familiar to Contragate investigators and journalists covering this story. Allegations regarding the involvement of former President George Bush in the cocaine business are by no means new - they abound in plentiful supply. The fact that Bush pardoned a number of his closest advisors, who were facing criminal prosecution and possible imprisonment, late on Christmas Eve 1992, just weeks before Bill Clinton's inauguration, left a sour taste in the mouths of many. If prosecuted,
they clearly would have fingered the President himself.

the laundering -

Thereafter, the dirty money was filtered via construction loans with permanent "takeouts" "arranged by banks and mortgage- lenders". These, in turn, were later sold to Fannie Mae's and Freddie Mac's - negotiable US Federal Mortgage Securities that are traded globally on a daily basis. Each laundry "cycle" lasted from six months to a year. The result was dirty
money transformed into good, clean, US currency.

assassination & neutralization -

The directors of Pegasus meet once a year in secret conclave following G7 meetings. The group has "representation" from a number of intelligence agencies throughout the world. Included are the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) as well as agents from British, Israeli, Turkish and Danish Intelligence plus "others who performed various functions for Pegasus".

Following the meal, he was ushered into the suite of a "blonde bombshell" supplied by the CIA. Mr X had already ingested a dose of Burundanga during pre-dinner cocktails. X was gallant with the blonde as they both moved into the bedroom where video cameras were already set up in one corner. In short order, the blonde had X standing naked in front of her and began to indulge his desires. All the while, the video cameras whirred. Slowly stripping off, the "blonde" revealed his manhood in all its glory. Mr X was instructed to reciprocate the favour and perform fellatio. He obliged, his intimate
activities recorded at 24 frames a second on videotape. Tatum says the male prostitute was hired from a bar in New York and killed that same evening.

Two weeks later, X - wholly unaware of the events of that evening - was visited in Nicaragua. He was presented with a copy of the video footage, along with instructions. Tatum says that X can never allow that video to be seen: "Not only does it reveal his homosexuality, but it also reveals his bestiality and satanic worship rituals." As frame after frame flicked by, X reportedly wept, forced to watch himself kill his homosexual "lover" and then engage in the most grisly canabalistic ritual imaginable. Neutralised, Mr X became a leading member of the Nicaraguan government a few short weeks later.
.................................................. .

Part 2 of David Guyatt's article covers George Bush's "scope and mission" paper for the New World Order; Chip Tatum's run-down on the counterfeit "Super Bills" CIA scam in Iran; the truth behind the killing of cocaine king Pablo Escobar; the reasons for the US invasion of Panama; the truth behind ex-DCI William Colby's death; more revelations about Clinton's cocaine confidants; and more "Boss Hogs"..