Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > What Does It Mean ?

Notices

What Does It Mean ? What does this all mean for the Ground Crew ?

Old 01-21-2009, 04:40 AM   #1
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Australia state declares massive monsoon disaster

CANBERRA (Reuters) – Australia's tropical Queensland state Thursday declared a flood disaster over an area the size of France and Germany after recent monsoon storms.

Thirty Queensland communities covering 969,000 square km (374,000 sq miles) were declared disaster zones by the state's emergency services minister, Neil Roberts, including many outback and rural communities.

Queensland residents affected by storms would be able to apply for government assistance payments if they were "unable to recover via their own means," Roberts said.

Eight major rivers remain in flood after monsoonal rains and a cyclone moved across the state, cutting roads and forcing many small communities to rely on air drops of food and fresh water.

The floods are eventually expected to move inland, helping fill lakes and relieving a long-running drought in parts of Australia's desert interior and tropical north.

Queensland is Australia's second biggest state by area and the third most populous, with a A$187 billion ($125.8 billion) economy reliant on tourism, coal mining and agriculture. The state last year recorded a growth rate of 5.1 percent.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090120/...6AFZKcAgwfYhAF
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:33 AM   #2
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Australia state declares massive monsoon disaster

And Australia is supposed to be the world's ark? What a joke.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:42 AM   #3
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
And Australia is supposed to be the world's ark?
Sez who?
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Sez who?
Some of the survivalist folks that are heading there.

No offense to those folks though. I feel that there are NO safe locations in the world, not with climate change.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:47 PM   #5
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Some of the survivalist folks that are heading there.

No offense to those folks though. I feel that there are NO safe locations in the world, not with climate change.
and this is one thing that we may be sure of. I'm not going to another continent or even country. If I am going to survive any potential disaster, my intuition will tell me where to go and what to do. or may be I'll get a tip in a dream.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:08 AM   #6
Barron
Avalon Senior Member

And Australia is meant to be in the middle of a drought too with water restrictions on in many parts whereby you are not allowed to use a sprinkler to water your lawn etc and now this! I just hope the rain fell in the dams or the water catchment areas that fuel the cities homes and businesses.
Barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:10 AM   #7
Barron
Avalon Senior Member

Re there being nowhere safe in Australia according to the comments of a previous poster on this thread, well, you could always try Pine Gap! Betcha they will be safe if there's earthquakes, 300 mile an hour winds or other calamaties!
Barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:49 AM   #8
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

You cant just "head to" Australia, they have some pretty interesting red tape in the way.

Regardless it is my firm belief that each of us is and will be exactly where we need to be at each moment of the path ahead, and unless you have completely turned to the dark-side, then if you were to deviate from plan, especially in the coming times, some pretty hardcore metaphysical kicks up the ass will get you deciding to get back on track in short order!

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:58 AM   #9
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

Our souls are eternal, let us not forget that this experience is not even a wink in the "Big Picture". If we work on our hearts and our inner beings, we will find our sanctuary within.

Yes, I also have a bug out bag and a place to go... but these things are in place merely to possibly sustain my physical body, nothing more. The true life lies within, without fear and without need. Anchor makes this point well.

Peace of Mind,
Wormhole
Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:08 AM   #10
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Ah man, you mean I just can't head to Australia and live out in the bush and learn how to talk like Crocodile Dundee?
Old 01-22-2009, 04:11 AM   #11
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

Honestly Dan,
No one would stop you if you did. There is nothing wrong with going on a walk about... or any other choice for that matter!

Peace, Worm
Old 01-22-2009, 04:16 AM   #12
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

HaHa true but I think I like it here! And I know Australia is a big island, but it's still an island. The only way off is by boat or plane, where here I could drive from Alaska to Peru if I wanted or had to. I can also go on an American walkabout so to speak, hmmm
Old 01-22-2009, 04:23 AM   #13
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

I hear that! If you end up walking to Washington State, or even Vancouver Canada, we'd all give you a big ground crew welcome!

Peace of Mind,
Worm
Old 01-22-2009, 04:29 AM   #14
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

I lived in Spokane for two years and I've been to Tacoma and Mt. Rainier, absolutely loved it, very pretty part of the country!
Old 01-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #15
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
You cant just "head to" Australia, they have some pretty interesting red tape in the way.

Regardless it is my firm belief that each of us is and will be exactly where we need to be at each moment of the path ahead, and unless you have completely turned to the dark-side, then if you were to deviate from plan, especially in the coming times, some pretty hardcore metaphysical kicks up the ass will get you deciding to get back on track in short order!

A..
I feel comfortable and safe where I am. I have no desire to travel or even move. I feel a strong kinship with this land and I feel that this is tied to my ancestors. Coming from a family with a long line of Native Americans (Abenakis) and at least one British ancestor, I trust my intuition.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #16
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Ah man, you mean I just can't head to Australia and live out in the bush and learn how to talk like Crocodile Dundee?
and all of that above in the company of a beautiful, shapely blonde?
Old 01-22-2009, 03:58 PM   #17
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I feel comfortable and safe where I am. I have no desire to travel or even move. I feel a strong kinship with this land and I feel that this is tied to my ancestors. Coming from a family with a long line of Native Americans (Abenakis) and at least one British ancestor, I trust my intuition.
vermont is a beautiful place, I think one of the most beautiful on the east coast. i used to go through vermont on my way from new York to canada and back.