Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
scatman84
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 11
Default Beware of 'sleeper'

Hello, Dear friends at avalon.....

I came across camelot few days ago and was stuck right in......

So I was going thru the interviews.....While going thru John lear's interview, the reference of 'Sleeper' came.....sleeper claims that he has been with ETs, that there is civilization on every planet in our solar system.....etc.....

So I was just getting doses of amazement more and more......John said he respected sleeper a lot, etc.....

So I went to search on the guy.....I went to ATS......and what I found was so disgusting that it made me crazy......

Just go thru sleeper's threads......Gosh ! I mean you spent time with ETs, you have been to jupiter, seen its civilizations, etc.......So aren't you supposed to be a bit broad minded ??? I mean just go thru his Threads......He is so insanely narrow minded person. I couldn't believe.....(though some of his threads are ok, but no way convincing enough about his claims)

You see it for yourself.......

I respect John a lot........No offence to John lear, but sorry can't stand sleeper......

Track him on ATS.....

Peace.....

BTW, my Avatar's pic is a real mountain in India - its called Mountain Girnar ! Interesting, isn't it ?
scatman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
QtesUKStoke
Avalon Senior Member
 
QtesUKStoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. UK
Posts: 42
Default Re: Beware of 'sleeper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman84 View Post
Hello, Dear friends at avalon.....

I came across camelot few days ago and was stuck right in......

So I was going thru the interviews.....While going thru John lear's interview, the reference of 'Sleeper' came.....sleeper claims that he has been with ETs, that there is civilization on every planet in our solar system.....etc.....

So I was just getting doses of amazement more and more......John said he respected sleeper a lot, etc.....

So I went to search on the guy.....I went to ATS......and what I found was so disgusting that it made me crazy......

Just go thru sleeper's threads......Gosh ! I mean you spent time with ETs, you have been to jupiter, seen its civilizations, etc.......So aren't you supposed to be a bit broad minded ??? I mean just go thru his Threads......He is so insanely narrow minded person. I couldn't believe.....(though some of his threads are ok, but no way convincing enough about his claims)

You see it for yourself.......

I respect John a lot........No offence to John lear, but sorry can't stand sleeper......

Track him on ATS.....

Peace.....

BTW, my Avatar's pic is a real mountain in India - its called Mountain Girnar ! Interesting, isn't it ?
Nice first post
QtesUKStoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Now
Posts: 371
Default Re: Beware of 'sleeper'

you know I did start to read that long post by sleeper in which John said he ran intercept on.

I really never got to read all of his stuff though, and his story about his visitations was fiction (based on fact?) according to John unless I am mistaken.

It is near impossible to be an avid poster on ATS without getting drawn into battles, which always brings out the worst in people

you checked this guy out tho and not me so good find

my two cents
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #4
Argante
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Frostbite Falls, MN
Posts: 287
Default Re: Beware of 'sleeper'

And your point is???

This forum is about connecting, finding the path of love/light, seeing the beauty in others ideas and offerings.

Perhaps instead of pointing out another you disagree with, you could tell us what you have in common, or tell us what you are doing to help your fellow man prepare for the future.

I do not have the time to investigate all threads and opinions, and often I rely on the judgment of friends that I have much in common with or trust because of their deed, word or actions. John Lear is one of those people to me. If he says Sleeper is cool... then Sleeper is cool to me. So you see, everyone has different choices and opinions.

I am also a proud member of ATS, and this topic is more their flavor then Avalon's. ATS is an outstanding site with a very intelligent and involved membership. Their motto of "Deny Ignorance" is a noble endeavor. I believe Avalon is more about "Denying the Darkness caused by Ignorance", at least it is to me.

Live, Laugh, Love... reflect the beauty of your heart to those around you.


note: Because I have made a post on this thread, I will let another Moderator keep an eye on it so as to avoid any possible conflict. tyvm

Argante... the member not the mod
Argante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
scatman84
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 11
Default Re: Beware of 'sleeper'

I mean I could not believe the kind of mean spirited, narrow minded atitude this guy has......may be he hung out with Malevolent aliens !!! hahaha
scatman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #6
Bill Ryan
Project Avalon Co Founder
 
Bill Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 353
Default Re: Beware of 'sleeper'

Hi, Guys:

Thanks for your contributions here.

Wearing my moderator hat, not my member hat. [We briefly corresponded with Sleeper (Lou Baldin), a couple of years ago, but never met him. We're familiar with his material. Linda Howe has also serialized a book he wrote on her Earthfiles site.]

It's an interesting topic. I have information, for instance, that a book some other person has written recently is a hoax. But I've not started a thread about it.

On Camelot, there are potential witnesses we've not taken up because we're not confident their testimony is reliable. We just ignore them and focus on the positive.

What Kerry and I would like here is to follow that way of thinking: to focus on positives. We can - if we choose - turn this entire Forum into a collective rant about things and people we think are phony. But it'd add no value and would just lower the tone.

My advice and request: ignore stuff that you think is invalid - as a proactive action. If SOMEONE ELSE starts a thread about it, then chip in with your view - and respect the views that are already there. If you have facts, then be specific and offer them. If you have an opinion, make sure you say it's just an opinion and allow people to have theirs. (Facts and opinions are not the same!)

So:

We're all just getting started here, and this is all cool. No criticism of anyone here. But it's helped Kerry and myself to realize that we'd prefer not to have threads started with criticism of someone out there who's not here anyway to defend themselves.

And:

What the Avalon Forum is not:

This is not a site about argument or debate of general UFO issues. There are plenty of those already.

What the Avalon Forum IS:

It's about networking, resources, communities, working together. We're happy to include threads about Camelot witnesses and Camelot topics - but 'Sleeper' is NONE of those.

'Sleeper' is not a Camelot witness, and was mentioned by John Lear on camera only very briefly indeed, two years ago. It doesn't really count as a topic here, and we at Camelot aren't personally very interested and don't see real value in the discussion. There are a lot of other much more interesting and valuable topics to discuss... and we very much welcome your contributions on those other threads.

Very best to all - Bill

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 09-09-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Bill Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:43 PM   #7
Whitewolf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Beware of 'sleeper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argante View Post
If he says Sleeper is cool... then Sleeper is cool to me.

That can be a very dangerous attitude to have. Just because another person you agree with endorses someone doesn't mean that you can't use your own personal judgement about the person in question. We are all individuals and we need to make our own calls about things and people NOT based on what someone you trust says. Use your own discernment!

And I agree with the moderator that this is a place to focus on the positives of all people. It's not a place to slander those we have issues with. Take it up with the person directly, if possible.

Last edited by Whitewolf; 09-09-2008 at 08:46 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:47 PM   #8
Argante
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Frostbite Falls, MN
Posts: 287
Default Re: Beware of 'sleeper'

Whitewolf,

Yes you are right... but in this case I did read the posts Sleeper made on ATS. Took a long time too... lol So I am sure of my feelings on this topic... or I would not have posted. I use my own discernment by knowing who to trust... it is my way and serves me well. Am I willing to say I know all, and can guarantee every post or thought a man has had? Of course not... but I am not about to watch someone be put down on a public site for no better reason than one persons opinion.

I have too many beautiful things to envision and learn right now to be bogged down by negativity, and argumentative logic.

Last edited by Argante; 09-09-2008 at 09:02 PM. Reason: clarity
Argante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:17 AM   #9
scatman84
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 11
Default Re: Beware of 'sleeper'

Whoa.....! I never meant to be negative.....or anything like that.....

I thought I had found something interesting and worth looking at.....Because there may be people who would claim anything in vacuum, but when you see them in totality, you can judge their claims better.....

Anything I was doing was just constructive 'pointing out' and that you should NOT take anything blindly.....Do your own research......Trust yourself...

But its ok......I got the sentiment......As Bill said we should focus on POSITIVES.....! I got that ......

BTW did you look at my avatar's pic ? Its a real mountain showed vertical.....! Interesting.....know ?

Peace...
scatman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:32 AM   #10
Bill Ryan
Project Avalon Co Founder
 
Bill Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 353
Default Re: Beware of 'sleeper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman84 View Post
you should NOT take anything blindly.....Do your own research......Trust yourself...
I agree 1001%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman84 View Post

BTW did you look at my avatar's pic ? Its a real mountain showed vertical.....!
Thanks for pointing that out... unbelievable!

Do PM me about 'Sleeper' and we can take this offline if you like. We do know that you meant well.
Bill Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:58 AM   #11
zorgon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Beware of 'sleeper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman84 View Post
BTW, my Avatar's pic is a real mountain in India - its called Mountain Girnar ! Interesting, isn't it ?
Thanks for the rock.... one more for the collection

About Sleeper though isn't "Beware" a little strong?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:24 AM   #12
Free-UFO-Videos
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 109
Smile Re: Beware of 'sleeper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ryan View Post

On Camelot, there are potential witnesses we've not taken up because we're not confident their testimony is reliable. We just ignore them and focus on the positive.

What Kerry and I would like here is to follow that way of thinking: to focus on positives.

Nice post there Bill.

Yeah, I've been in alien UFO Usenet Newsgroups nearly everyday for about 7 years. And that is the place where attacks and slander and arguments and disinformation are rife. Although I was polite 99% of the time.
We also had a lot of fun there. And it was a heck of an experience.

I'm enthusiastic about Project Avalon because
I know we are all going to get positive, intelligent,
skilled, 'In The Know' people here.

So, this is all just amazing!
Very good work!





======================
Free-UFO-Videos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:03 AM   #13
Baggywrinkle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Beware of 'sleeper'

I am not totally comfortable with Benjamin Fulford's testimony, but I feel he deserves to be heard.

So I shared his recent transcript at the Tree of Liberty,
and I was shouted/ridiculed into silence. Well, the follow
up interview from Rense is out now, and I'll not bother
to post it at TOL. They don't want to know.

So what if he is 85% wrong. I'll not be selling the farm
based on what he has to say without independent corroboration, but I will be sensitized to synchronous
information streams.

TOL did the same thing to George Green btw, because he claims ET information sources. Would it be more acceptable if he said he got it in a vision or an Angel told him? Perhaps it would be more palatable if the information remained from undisclosed private sources.
It's all rumor anyway, perhaps it should all be thrown out on that basis.

Ignorance is bliss, and I'm a happy man

Last edited by Baggywrinkle; 10-26-2008 at 11:59 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:22 AM   #14
Average Joe
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 377
Default Re: Beware of 'sleeper'

I'm not comfortable with most of the testimony because I'm a naturally disbelieving/skeptical person.

But hey, some of it was interesting enough to make me keep going back to Camelot and then here, and I think thats kind of the whole point.

The information there is not all to be taken at face value, you've got to draw your own conclusions, and because we all have different beliefs then there is no point in highlighting individual names that you think are wacky, because one mans meat is another mans poison. Just causes warring factions between those that believe a said name and those that don't.

Its best just to let everybody come forward with what they have and sift through it at your own leisure.
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:09 AM   #15
lohiaaditya
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 67
Default Re: Beware of 'sleeper'

I have been conversing with Sleeper (Lou Baldin) on his forum for sometime, but I have now left that forum. Every question I asked was responded to and it was the same with everyone else. I went to his forum thinking that there is a grain of truth in it. I have lost a lot of faith in him because of his stance on the current Geo-political events and his stance on certain political figures. But nevertheless, I chose to quietly leave the forum and not criticize him for all of this or even take him on. I dont have the right to do so because I have no evidence that he is wrong. He may actually be right and its just that I am not being able to accept it. So basically the point is that if you think that he is not correct or is faking then leave him alone and get on with your work. Personally, I think he delivers a good message, whether hoax or not, and someone doing that deserves to be given space and respected.
lohiaaditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ats, avalon, lear, sleeper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon