Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Default The letter

I don`t know if this has been posted here or not if it has remove this post the first part is about a Senator who was discussing something with a general in the U.S. Army
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...-calling-maam/

In case you forgot, Barbara Boxer is a senator.

The feisty California lawmaker felt the need to remind an Army brigadier general of that fact Tuesday during a hearing before her Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, where the military officer testifying had the apparent gall to call Boxer "ma'am."

Brig. Gen. Michael Walsh, with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, was testifying on the Louisiana coastal restoration process in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. He began to answer one of Boxer's questions with "ma'am" when Boxer immediately cut him off.

"You know, do me a favor," an irritated Boxer said. "Could You say 'senator' instead of 'ma'am?'"

"Yes, ma'am," Walsh interjected.

"It's just a thing, I worked so hard to get that title, so I'd appreciate it, yes, thank you," she said.

"Yes, senator," he responded.

Now after this was made public a citizen wrote a reply to the Senator . This is a letter from a Guard aviator and Captain for Alaska Air Lines in regards to the above incident:

You were so right on when you scolded the general on TV for using the term, "Ma'am," instead of "Senator." After all, in the military, "Ma'am" is a term of respect when addressing a female of superior rank or position.

The general was totally wrong. You are not a person of superior rank or position. You are a member of one of the world's most corrupt organizations, the U.S. Senate, equaled only by the U.S. House of Representatives.

Congress is a cesspool of liars, thieves, inside traders, traitors, drunks (one who killed a staffer, yet is still revered), criminals, and other low level swine who, as individuals (not all, but many), will do anything to enhance their lives, fortunes and power, all at the expense of the people of the United States and its Constitution, in order to be continually re-elected. Many democrats even want American troops killed by releasing
photographs. How many of you could honestly say, "We pledge our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor?" None? One? Two?

Your reaction to the general shows several things. First is your abysmal ignorance of all things military. Your treatment of the general shows you to be an elitist of the worst kind. When the general entered the military (as most of us who served) he wrote the government a blank check, offering his life to protect your derriere now safely and comfortably ensconced in a 20 thousand dollar leather chair, paid for by the general's taxes. You repaid him for this by humiliating him in front of millions.

Second is your puerile character, lack of sophistication, and arrogance which borders on the hubristic. This display of brattish behavior shows you to be a virago, termagant, harridan, nag, scold or shrew, unfit for your position, regardless of the support of the unwashed, uneducated masses who have made California into the laughing stock of the nation.

What I am writing, Senator, these are the same thoughts countless millions of Americans have toward the current Congress, but who lack the energy, ability or time to convey them. Under the democrats, some don't even have the 44 cents to buy the stamp. Regardless of their thoughts, most realize
politicians today are pretty much the same, and will vote for the one who will bring home the most bacon, even if they do consider how corrupt that person is.

Lord Acton (1834 - 1902) so aptly charged, "Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely." Unbeknownst to you and your colleagues, Mr. Power has had his way with all of you, and we are all the worse for it.

Finally Senator, I too, have a title. It is "Right Wing Extremist Potential Terrorist Threat." It is not of my choosing, but was given to me by your Secretary of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano. And you were offended by "Ma'am?"

Have a good day. Cheers!

Jim Hill

Last edited by Northern Boy; 07-29-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:14 PM   #2
cosmictexan
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The letter

What a fantastic and thought provoking letter. He is right, most of us think these things but never put them down on a piece of paper. I'm no Right Wing Extremist Potential Terrorist Threat but I agree with every thing he said so I guess I'm a Left Wing Extremist Potential Terrorist Threat. Really what is the difference between Right And Left? In these times we are all one and need to stand together for our freedom or what is left of it. Great job Jim Hill and thanks for posting this Northern Boy.
cosmictexan is offline   Reply With Quote