Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 01-27-2009, 01:10 AM   #1
Newshound
News Bot

Post Microsoft steps up browser battle

Will Microsoft's new browser help persuade users who have flocked to other alternatives come back to Internet Explorer?

More...
Newshound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:31 AM   #2
Avid
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Microsoft steps up browser battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newshound View Post
Will Microsoft's new browser help persuade users who have flocked to other alternatives come back to Internet Explorer?

More...
After so many insecurities, major data leaks/worms/bugs and people defecting to other operating systems where possible, and browsers such as the friendly Firefox which works on both Macs and PCs with security choices, we all feel a lot of negativity towards Microsoft anything - they are after total control, and that is not acceptable!
I would say to all IE users - ditch it! My fathers PC was compromised - it took ages to resolve, and now we've blocked all the rubbish, and installed Firefox instead. Switch off - don't leave on standby and linked to whatever.
Microsoft is in cahoots with the controllers - and I'm getting a little bit paranoid about this, so whilst we have a choice - choose safety and freedom!
Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:37 AM   #3
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Trying to upgrade to Service Pack 2 fried my video card. I do not care for Microsoft with the exception that I own an XBOX 360 that I sometimes (but rarely) use.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Firefox is definately better than IE
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #5
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Firefox is definately better than IE
Definitely but I did try to install Firefox 3 and it crashed my computer. Pretty odd. Since then, no more updates for me. I hate it when companies design computer programs/updates that crash your computer. What's the point of updating?
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #6
DAYDREAMER
Avalon Senior Member

A Firefox 3 update also crashed a pc of mine. Not nice at all and when I tried system restore, I got a load of trojans and my Norton 2009 would not work, nor could I install any new programs, so a reinstall of Windows was necessary

I use Opera on my main pc and it is much better and faster than IE and a bit better than Firefox, but it does crash when I have too many tabs open (like 100).

Google Chrome is very good too, the fastest browser it seems and quite similar to Opera, I am thinking of using it fulltime.

Microsoft was been in the news recently about them including Internet Explorer with Windows and how it is not fair. I don't know what all the fuss is about, you can get Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari and more for free on the internet anyway.
DAYDREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #7
IndigoChild1986
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: Microsoft steps up browser battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAYDREAMER View Post
A Firefox 3 update also crashed a pc of mine. Not nice at all and when I tried system restore, I got a load of trojans and my Norton 2009 would not work, nor could I install any new programs, so a reinstall of Windows was necessary

I use Opera on my main pc and it is much better and faster than IE and a bit better than Firefox, but it does crash when I have too many tabs open (like 100).

Google Chrome is very good too, the fastest browser it seems and quite similar to Opera, I am thinking of using it fulltime.

Microsoft was been in the news recently about them including Internet Explorer with Windows and how it is not fair. I don't know what all the fuss is about, you can get Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari and more for free on the internet anyway.

having trouble with the installation process. First you have to download nearly 20 MB, uninstall, install, and reboot,But then upon restart, you have to run something else... which downloads another mystery package...and puts you through a second install process (during which you cannot do anything else with your machine)...and then it automatically reboots a second time! Oh, and of course you have to completely reconfigure the thing the first time you try to run it.

Going back to firefox3 again after this IE8 scam.
IndigoChild1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:09 AM   #8
cway
Avalon Senior Member

I tried google chrome it loaded pages faster, but is lacking some features. Also the last time I tried to use it windows blocked it.
cway is offline   Reply With Quote