Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 11:53 PM   #1
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

Default Shared Dreams.

Hello guys!

first of all I'm so happy and excited that this forum is free to members again. I want to thank whoever made this decision. It's a VERY wise choice.

ok. Many people in this forum, are open minded to alien visitors, Government Conspiracies, Astral Projection, and past lives etc.

What about the concept of Dream travelling? The ability to travel to other worlds and to other PEOPLES dreams via Lucid Dreaming? This idea alone is mind boggling.

Ask yourself:

- Have you ever had a dream about a friend only to find out they had a similar dream to you that very night?

- Have you ever wanted to view a past life memory without going through a regression and do it via lucid dreaming?

- Have you ever wanted to meet the entities people of ancient times worshiped as Gods such as Ra, Zeus, etc?

- Have you ever wanted to meet your astral lover? but have found Astral Projection not your thing?

- Have you ever wanted your own personal dream space, that you could invite other dream travelers and Entities to?

- Have you ever wanted to have a long and meaningful discussion with a spirit guide?

- How about Healing a friend in a dream?

- Ever wanted to scare away entities that were causing your friends and children awful nightmares?

- How about discover sides to yourself that are a part of you, but had never been previously aware of.

- What would it mean if the whole human race realized they could be telepathic with one another, and All they had to do was remember their dreams?

- ever been tired of reading and watching movies about fantasy and sci fi. and wanted your own epic adventures?

when we dream alone, it is only a dream. when we dream with Others, it is the beginning of a reality - Deepak Chopra.

Many of these things I have talked about, I have been involved in extensively in the past few months with two friends of mine from a lucid dreaming forum.

I believe the dream world is as real and is as all engulfing as our own. Life is a dream. Dream is life. If this is true. Think about the implications of this. Would it mean not every dream is ONLY a dream. If the Shared dreaming concept is possible, Would it have real consequences?

Of course it would. If you were to enter into someones dream and cause them nightmares every night, and they KNEW it was you. they would be very upset with you. If you went into your best friends lover/wife's/husband's dream every night and made love to them, It would cause jealousy. I have experienced these things too, and it wasn't fun. What if The shadow government, found out about shared dreaming, and that people all over the planet were consciously doing this every night, so they sent their teams of remote viewers to stop this from happening? I've actually run into that too.

I know some people here probably think i am crazy. AND maybe I am. But for the sake of personal and human growth I want to do my small part in this global awakening, and share some of my dream experiences with you. My friends, with whom i dream travel with, Have given me permission to post our Dream escapades wherever I like on the internet.

so, with the mods permission, I would like to do just that in this thread. I have links to all of our public dream journals, theories, blogs. I am not to clear on the forum rules about making references to other blogs, so feel free to tell me in a PM or in this thread. Anyone willing to post their comments, questions, and criticism are very welcome.

Last edited by ranma187; 01-03-2010 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Change title
ranma187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:27 AM   #2
joe2288
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Dream Travelling

The dream plane is amazing, because in a way you create that reality by your

unconscious mind. It just goes to show you how powerful we are, with the

ability to create and manifest realities. I love dreaming, i see it as away express

different realities while maintaining your being in this reality. One dream I had I

woke in my room while still dreaming and wanted to experience a new reality,

Everything dissolved and i was all of a sudden a major business man going to a

meeting, when i decided to not go and do something else the dreamed instantly

ended. The cool thing was i remember touching the wall to see if i was dreaming

and it felt real.
joe2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2288 View Post
The dream plane is amazing, because in a way you create that reality by your

unconscious mind. It just goes to show you how powerful we are, with the

ability to create and manifest realities. I love dreaming, i see it as away express

different realities while maintaining your being in this reality. One dream I had I

woke in my room while still dreaming and wanted to experience a new reality,

Everything dissolved and i was all of a sudden a major business man going to a

meeting, when i decided to not go and do something else the dreamed instantly

ended. The cool thing was i remember touching the wall to see if i was dreaming

and it felt real.
WOW. It does sound like you were traveling for sure. You seem to be a natural at it!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:13 AM   #4
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

well i read the forum guidelines. i guess i can't really post too many links for self promotion. I really just want to show what's possible in your dreams.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #5
Magamud
Avalon Senior Member

I think in one sense we were born into the dream and as mind developed it eventually woke up from the dream and has repelled it ever since. I feel we have hit bottom and our now making our way back. I think dreaming is an awesome exercise in power...

Last edited by Magamud; 01-03-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Magamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #6
Firedrake
Avalon Senior Member

I am so glad you started this thread, as I am starting to become aware in my dreams and try to use them as a tool for spiritual growth.

This is from the book The Children of The Law of One & the Lost Teachings of Atlantis, by Jon Peniel, regarding dreams:

"Due to lack of coordination with the threefold nature that most people have, many people are not aware of their dream experiences, thus the great benefits from them are lost. We can turn this around however, and use our dreams to help us.
How?
Integrating our fragmented consciousness, and getting full benefits from dreams can be facilitated in several ways:

1 - Extending the waking consciousness into the dream.
This is accomplished through becoming aware that you are active and functional in a dream while dreaming. You may use a key symbol to trigger recognition of awareness within a dream. For example, Don Juan told Carlos Castaneda to look at this hands in a dream. Doing this triggered conscious dreaming. A light would be an excellent choice for a symbol if you use one, as you will see if you contemplate it.

2 - Extending a dream into waking consciousness
This method (which also aids in development of the first method) is done by recording your dreams every morning. Keep a pen and notebook near your bed, and as soon as you begin to leave your dream state and enter the "waking" state, write down whatever you can remember of the dream, even if it is only a fragment, a word, or a feeling. Don't wait until your awake - do it when you first notice you are leaving the dream state. The more you do this, the easier it will become to remember your dreams, and remember them fully. Before you know it you will be filling pages at a time.

3 - Daily reviewing of you dreams.
Dream symbology varies among individuals. The best way to understand the meaning of your dreams is to take in the whole picture intuitively. Don't rack your mind trying to figure details and such. The meaning of your dreams will become more clear to you as you study them. With time, experience, and openness, what you need to know will be revealed to you.
4 -
The following affirmation aids all the previously mentions method; "I remember my dreams and am conscious of them while dreaming." This should be repeated silently to yourself before going to sleep.

Remember to keep in mind all the different causes that can manifest in a dream other than a lesson or psychic experience so you won't be trying to read-in something profound when it is nothing but an upset stomach predominating the experience!"

Firedrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #7
smat
Avalon Senior Member

I have had quite a few lucd dreams that I can remember, they are the most amazing things ever.
To wake up in a dream and realise it's a dream, a lucid dream.. where everything is so clear and you are conscious is so amazing. I bought a lucid dreaming kit just over a year ago. What I found gets the best results is having the intent to have a lucid dream before you go to sleep. It may not happen the 1st night or the second, but when it does it is amaing. I used to set my alarm for 3am just to get my body into the rhythem of waking up, I gave that system up though because it made me tired during the day.

Any recommendations for an easier way to lucid dream?
smat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:27 PM   #8
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

There are various methods for lucid dreaming. There are a couple good websites with forums just loaded with techniques. My favorite of them is www.dreamviews.com and www.mortalmist.com
Old 01-04-2010, 02:45 AM   #9
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

I just wanted to share with you guys a recent dream i had. In this dream i came to a part where the dream seemed to split into several different dreams at the same time. Almost like a multi dimensional dream. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Pokeball lunch

This dream started out. I was walking near a school field with a few people. I turned a corner of the school field and saw A there. I was thinking "WTF?!?!?!? did she track me down in real life or something?" I saw a big man with her. I thought it was P but i wasn't reading any bad vibes from him. Maybe she had moved onto someone better. Good for her, I was wondering when she'd lose the creep. For a second I thought the eal P might come along and cause trouble. A kind of looked at me and grabbed the guy she was with and walked away. "good" I thought, because it may have been too awkward eitherwise.

Suddenly a Huge Grey Ball plummeted from the sky. It have grooves around it that reminded me of a pokeball. But this was HUGE! maybe big enough to contain a person inside. I had a feeling P may have been in there. I then Jumped on the Giant ball and opened it. I began punching the inside ready to drag whoever was in there out and give him a beating he'd never forget.
I soon realized i was tearing at a light substance. i pulled it out. It was a plastic bag! in the bag was a big BLT sandwich With cheese!

I suddenly became very hungry and began wolfing down the sandwich. I had a feeling A was probably looking at me thinking "WTF?!?!?!?" I soon finished the sandwich. It was as if i hadn't eaten it at all. I was suddenly craving chocolate. I remembered i had gotten some free cash earlier so I went down another street towards what looked like a store.

I went inside and found myself in some sort of restaurant that reminded me of White Spot. "nahh" i thought "Not really what i am looking for. I then went to find an exit. I went through a door and came across a staircase. Apparently it was a long exit. I climbed the stairs and began walking down a long hallway. The place felt like somebodies home. I found another set of stairs leading down, so i went that way. I spotted a room at the end of the stairs with a door leading outside. I walked into the room and noticed that at one end of the room a family all dressed in black were eating a meal together.
They were pale and had black marks on their face. They looked at me As i walked by. I looked at them and exited the building. Maybe they were a family of vampires?

Outside i found myself in some sort of trailer park. The place was familiar and I knew i had dreamed in this place once before. no, TWICE before. In one of the dreams i was in a car and driving to a friends house I remember being in some sort of lot playing tether ball. or, Was I at the end of the tether ball whirling around it? In that dream I was running from someone, no I was flying with them. It was a dark sky and lighting was all around us. I was protecting a friend's apartment from this dark entity. And in another dream I was driving to Robert R's place at his home by the sea. But THIS time it was a trailer park.

I found that Banana had joined me in the walk through the trailer park. Two young children were with him. I knew i had helped them before but i did not recognise them. They too, had pale faces with black marks on their faces. I asked Banana if they were vampires. The walk also seemed familiar. i was sure i had walked with them on halloween through a camping ground.
Banana then mentioned it was halloween and that they were dressed up.
I said yeah, i had a halloween last year, but strange... to me it seemed only like a couple of months ago. I can't remember where I walked after that. I do remember banana leaving me with the two kid. I talked to them briefly.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:38 PM   #10
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

Some of the mutual dreams between me and my Friends. I am Man Of Shred (MoSh) in these entries.

source:

http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...87&postcount=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Knight

For this dream I had a goal to go to the moon to meet someone in a shared dream. I took some melatonin (for vivid dreams) and decided to try a WILD by first meditating to soothing music with a light/sound machine. It would have worked better except for the fact the CD turned out to have scratches and I kept getting pulled out when it would stop playing! Here's what I did get:

I was lying in bed meditating and focusing on my goal of going to the moon. The images of flashing lights were colorful on my closed eyelids. I was able to see a round shape forming there and then it became the moon. A very colorful moon. As I slipped deeper into sleep the image of the moon became more normal. I slipped into a dream state, maintaining lucidity...

I was flying over the surface of the moon. I looked down at the many craters on the moon as I wondered where I could start looking for the person I wanted to find. The moon is a large place. I landed on the edge of a large crater and looked out across it. There was very little gravity so I just lept across the crater when I saw there was no one there. I was just about to land on the other side of the crater when I was jarred back to reality by a skipping CD... I lost both lucidity and then the dream.

I smacked the CD player to make it stop skipping and changed tracks to one that would play. Maybe I should've gotten a different CD, but I wanted to get back to the dream state as quickly as I could... So I repeated the process from above and got similar results so soon I was back in the dream state and fully lucid...

I was once again flying over the moon. I could see the Earth in the sky. A glowing blue marble against the blackness of space. I was staring at the planet and thinking how few people from Earth ever get to see that. I was watching the patterns in the clouds and thinking they were beautiful. My lucidity slipped to semi-lucidity...

I was no longer thinking about dreaming, but I still knew I was looking for someone. I could no longer think who I was looking for, but I felt I would know when I found them. I flew low over the surface of the moon. I was thinking they had been wrong when they said there was no atmosphere on the moon. I was there and breathing fine. I thought maybe they had never been to the moon at all if they hadn't noticed the atmosphere... I saw some etherial forms on the moon. Some kind of spirits... That didn't seem right. People on the moon? I approached one of them. I wondered if I might have found who I was looking for. I reached out for that person... and then was jarred awake again by my stupid CD player skipping!

I was getting ****** at my CD player now... I smacked it a couple more times to try to get it to work. I changed the track again. I was still too lazy to change the CD. I found another track that would play and repeated my effort at a WILD. But this time I lost focus on the moon...

I was in a forest now. The trees were bright green. It was a very peaceful place. I was thinking I was looking for someone, but they would not be here. I was thinking I had better go before that someone left. I wanted to get to the moon. I couldn't see the moon from where I was. I needed to focus on the moon. I flew off of the ground to head for the moon, but I was quickly awakened by my CD player dying yet again...

This time I was very tired and I shut my CD player off and went to sleep normally. I was thinking about the moon when I fell asleep, but I did not return there...

Nomad's Dream:

"I am Pan. I have the head and legs of a goat, the horns of a ram, and the torso of a man. I am the god of the forest and nature. I flew through space, and landed on the moon. There were ghost images floating all over the moon. "Holy ****, there are a lot of people here," I thought.

I saw someone I was looking for. I was me again. She looked like color of rose quartz, and I was a pale green spirit. She grabbed my hands, and said, "I found you." The dream began to fade to black.

I said, "I am in space." I looked around at the stars. I kept looking at them. I said, "Increase clarity," which made it worse. I relaxed and just looked around. After a few minutes, I could see again,and I made it back to the moon. I called someone's name. I couldn't find her. I decided to just have fun on the moon. I bounded around the moon.

I felt a sentient sadness under my hooves. I stopped. I felt creatures talking to me in pictures, under the ground. I floated down into the grey soil. The creatures showed me how they used to be. Suddenly I was one of them, a strange multi-colored worm, with a giant grin on my worm face, with many large flat teeth. I was sliding through cracks in the rocks with ease and speed. As the beats went, the colors of my body pulsed with rainbow glows. I went back into me, and the creatures showed me that they all died eaons ago, as they all tried to make it to the surface. Somehow they lost what little water they had. Now there are some dormant organisms at the center of the moon, waiting for water.

A tower sprung up out of the moon. A huge man-made communcation tower the size of skyscraper. The creatures began growing on it until it was completely covered. Now they looked like algae. The creatures told me they were protecting the tower, and their bodies were altering the waves going out of the tower adding a biological harmonic to it. I grabbed the ladder rungs on the tower, and climbed it. I spun around, and looked at the earth.

I jumped off the tower, and flew down to earth, arms at my sides. I became transparent. Streaks came off of me. I landed on earth in a forest, and shockwaves came out from my hooves, blowing leaves off the trees. The leaves suddenly froze in the air, as I squatted. As I leapt into outer space, I spun around, and pointed my hands at the earth. The leaves swirled around and landed on the trees.

I landed back on the moon, and jumped back and forth between the earth and moon in a few seconds in each leap. I jumped off the moon, and flew back to the earth again. I landed in a forest."

We did it!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #11
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

Source: http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...6&postcount=12

Originally Posted by Man of Shred
later, I was inside the party sitting at a wooden table with some people i seemed to know from the Dreamviews forum. I think one may have been waking nomad. he seemed to joke around like him. He had brown hair and eyes. someone was with him who seemed to be his friend. He was teasing me about guitar playing. he said "You play great punk guitar". I said "I hate punk... why would I play punk guitar" we went back and forth like that for a while. I kept looking across the table and across from me was a beautiful woman with brown hair. she never spoke but always seemed to look at me whenever i looked at her. she never seemed annoyed and seemed to match my gaze. she had huge brown eyes and a child like face. but her eyes seemed much older. Her face was sometimes luminescent, as if she was trying to burn her image of her into my mind. Both her and waking nomad stuck out of the dream like a color character in a black and white film.

I looked at the wooden railings and recognised Slayer's handwritting. The words spoke of synchronicity. I said to Nomad "so, you and slayer are friends now huh." he said "that's right." Then he harrassed me more about about playing punk guitar.

Small lucid: I realised i was entering a dream. I was outside a large warehouse floating to ward it. I grabbed onto a white pipe. I forgot what i had wanted to do and the dream faded almost instantly

Nomad's Dream:
Warehouse (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I was sitting at a beat up old pressed board circular folding table, in some random mismatched chairs with some people. I was teasing this guy about playing Guitar Hero. I told him he must have a lot of virtual fans.
I had my arm around some hot chick, and I leaned back in my chair cockily. We were playing cards, but I wasn't really paying much attention to the game. There were people setting up for something. They were carrying speakers and hanging lights. They seemed to not notice us. I felt like we were by some warehouse by the docks, the generic fighting place for superheroes. I wondered if any bad guys were going to pop out. I suddenly was floating above the warehouse, and it reminded me of a scene from a Batman cartoon.
Then, I was back in the warehouse at the card table. I was drinking a cheap bottle of beer, and smoking a cigarette.
I felt like talking about the meaning of life for some reason, but I thought this would be an inappropriate setting. I tapped my cig in the ashtray, and the dream faded.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #12
Shaynard
Avalon Senior Member

Wow ranma.. Great thread and thank you for posting this information.

Over time I have delved into many subjects and offer help to others anyway I can. One thing I am "used" ( I don't mean that to sound negative) for by friends and family all over the world is interpretation. Of dreams and other experiences, and so it has blessed me with many people sharing their dreams with me.

The things you have touched on here can help transform one's dreamtime into a valuable tool for their well being in every aspect of life.

~It's all there inside you~

In light, of love
Shaynard
Shaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #13
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaynard View Post

The things you have touched on here can help transform one's dreamtime into a valuable tool for their well being in every aspect of life.

~It's all there inside you~

In light, of love
Shaynard
Thanks man. I totally Agree!. I'm starting to believe that Dreams affect one's life in this matrix. Just as Us in this 3rd density matrix affects our dreams.

My First Shared Dream With Raven Knight. Source: http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...&postcount=152

excerpt from her dream

I focused on using Through the Never to open a portal to find R. A portal opened. Nomad and I went through the portal. On the other side we were in a neighborhood. We were just outside a house. There was a man there. He went over to Nomad. He told Nomad that there was something he needed to show him. I wondered if that was R and he was already lucid. Nomad and I both followed R into the house. He went over to his computer, which was doing something strange. R turned towards me now and looked a bit surprised.

"Raven?" he asked, "I thought you were Mark."

"Who?" I asked. Had he thought Nomad was someone named Mark? Apparently he recognized me, though.

"Can I see your face?" R asked. I realized I was dressed as an Assassin from Assassin's Creed. I pulled my hood away from my face so he could see it more clearly. He stared at me for a bit. I asked him what he saw. I wondered if he saw me the way I picture myself or if he had a different image. He stared a bit more and then disappeared. I pulled a Homer "D'Oh!" at the fact he had disappeared. I turned towards Nomad. He was also gone. I pulled a double Homer. ("D'Oh, D'Oh!") Now I felt like I was about to wake up. I barely got off my triple Homer ("D'Oh, D'Oh, D'Oh!") before I woke up.

My dream:

Dream 4: I was playing a Sonic the Hedgehog video game. And i discovered a glitch. I thought it was cool so i ran out of the house and found Mark75 to tell him about it.

for some reason I got mark to follow me to show him the glitch. But when we arrived Raven Knight had taken his place. She followed me into my house and we were talking a little bit. Her face was hidden behind some sort of white hood. she stopped me and said that i should look at her. She pulled the hood away and revealed her face. I was staring at a child like face that seemed young. but all her hair was white or grey. It was kind of strange. She asked what i had thought... I just said it was nice to finally get to see her.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #14
Shaynard
Avalon Senior Member

Great Connection ranma!

My wife was asking me a question one night about my perception which is something she doesn't do often. Instead of answering we began talking about what she thought, and i never got to my answers before she got too tired to talk.

In the morning she shared this dream:

She was in a hotel or small apartment room.. There was a female there in the corner (She described this "person"as someone I know by appearance and name, but she did not know her.) She saw a bed that looked to have someone in it, covered in a blanket.

She lifted the blanket to find a collection of little balls, almost like golfballs. The balls collected to form a shape of a person and materialized into her cousin. The quickly changed into many other she knew.

She asked "How are you doing this" and it answered, "This is what your husband is always talking about. this is what you are."

Very interesting indeed..

In light, of love
Shaynard
Shaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #15
TraineeHuman
Avalon Senior Member

I'd like to suggest it's a very valuable idea to keep a diary and pen next to your bed. Then, when you wake up, to write down as many fragments of dream(s) you can remember. You have to do it straight away, or your ego/darkside/pain-body will quickly wipe all trace of them out of your short-term memory.

Just doing this acknowledges the importance of your dreams. I know it's uncomfortable. But dreams are messages coming from the Higher Self. Most people don't listen to, or hear, their Higher Self, pretty much ever.

By the way, did you know that Freud, Jung, Adler and Lowen all considered the study of dreams to be the most important topic by far in psychology? And that they went to great lengths to study and try to understand their own dream journals? Those four people were basically the founders of Western psychology. The only reason dreams aren't the centrepiece of psychology today is that most of their students couldn't manage to recall their own dreams -- an so labelled the whole subject as "unscientific".
TraineeHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:44 AM   #16
LucidJia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Dream Traveling

I have been lucid dreaming most nights now for about 2 years. It is an amazing skill to have. I have had so much fun, gone on amazing adventures and learned allot about myself.

I can tell you I have meet people that were very close to me in the waking world but have passed on. They have come to me while I have been lucid and spoke their peace. This has meant allot to me and helped me with the grief and to move on.

I have also come into contact with inspiring people that I have read about. On of the most memorable was Yogananda, an amazing experience filled with emotion.

To me the dream world while lucid seems more real and vivid than the waking world.

For people that want to learn this skill I would recommend a book by stephen Laberge called Exploring the world of lucid dreaming. http://www.amazon.com/Exploring-Worl.../dp/034537410X

also this website has some great resources to learn from especially the beginners you tube video series. http://www.lucidipedia.com/misc/index.php

Namaste, Jia.
LucidJia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:48 AM   #17
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

That's amazing Shaynard! And have you noticed how both our Avatars have the same Symbol, but just presented differently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraineeHuman View Post
I'd like to suggest it's a very valuable idea to keep a diary and pen next to your bed. Then, when you wake up, to write down as many fragments of dream(s) you can remember. You have to do it straight away, or your ego/darkside/pain-body will quickly wipe all trace of them out of your short-term memory.
Yes, That's what I do. I have a notepad by my bed and just jot notes down.

I also find it helpfull to jot the dreams down in point form: putting each segment of the dream into a word. That way When I'm on my computer typing dreams down i can look at the word so the whole dream comes flooding back to me.

Another tip is to train yourself to wake up periodically throughout the night. Use an alarm clock or drink water before bed. Once you've established this routine you can remember a few dreams from each REM cycle. Melatonin can help with this as well. Melatonin is a chemical naturally produced by our brains while we sleep. A few mgs O melatonin puts you in a deeper sleep, and then gives your brain a bounce back effect to wake you up, or make your dreams more vivid and memorable. I actually use melatonin regularly to help me sleep better, since often my mind goes haywire with thoughts before sleep.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:04 AM   #18
joe2288
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Re: Dream Travelling

I have been having allot of dreams that involve flying and time travel, but every

time I wake up in my dreams and try to fly in space everything goes white and

I wake up. I have also learned to control them for up to a minute, but after that

I wake up. I never try and contact people and most of the times I wake up after

doing something stupid like getting this girl I like to appear so we can do stuff

most of the time it ends in failure lol. I also notice most of my dreams are like

movies and I will often wake up in between scenes. The last one I had I knew

I was dreaming and asked this guy where I was, he couldn't tell me so I knew

I was dreaming.
joe2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:20 AM   #19
LucidJia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2288 View Post
I have been having allot of dreams that involve flying and time travel, but every

time I wake up in my dreams and try to fly in space everything goes white and

I wake up. I have also learned to control them for up to a minute, but after that

I wake up. I never try and contact people and most of the times I wake up after

doing something stupid like getting this girl I like to appear so we can do stuff

most of the time it ends in failure lol. I also notice most of my dreams are like

movies and I will often wake up in between scenes. The last one I had I knew

I was dreaming and asked this guy where I was, he couldn't tell me so I knew

I was dreaming.
You need to stabilize your dream once you become lucid. There several ways to do this. First confirm you are dreaming. I do this by blocking my nose and trying to breath. If I can still breath through my nose while its blocked I know I'm dreaming.

Next I stabilize the dream by rubbing my hands together and just feeling the sensation. There are other things you can do like starring at your hands, spinning around or focusing on something small and detailed. These help stabilize you lucid dream and make it last allot longer.

Do these things every minute and always keep reminding your self your dreaming and you should enjoy a more vivid and longer lucid dream.

Namaste, Jia.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:20 AM   #20
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

In that case, I would try dream control techniques. Look at your hands for a bit. Gaze briefly at other objects, make quick glances at 3 or four of them repeatedly until they don't change into something else. Another thing you can do is just: Don't do anything. It will prolong the dream.

If flying is to slow Try opening a portal. Say you want to go to the moon. Focus on the moon until a portal opens and step through it. Don't think too hard about what you want to do. Just DO it!
Old 01-12-2010, 02:26 AM   #21
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraineeHuman View Post

Just doing this acknowledges the importance of your dreams. I know it's uncomfortable. But dreams are messages coming from the Higher Self. Most people don't listen to, or hear, their Higher Self, pretty much ever.

By the way, did you know that Freud, Jung, Adler and Lowen all considered the study of dreams to be the most important topic by far in psychology? And that they went to great lengths to study and try to understand their own dream journals? Those four people were basically the founders of Western psychology. The only reason dreams aren't the centrepiece of psychology today is that most of their students couldn't manage to recall their own dreams -- an so labelled the whole subject as "unscientific".
i too like this idea traineehuman ... a few years back i began my own writing of what i could remember of the nite ... pen and paper always beside my bed ...

i became frustrated as i felt i still wasn't remembering enough by the time i woke up ... i believe through my frustration i began writing WHILE sleeping ...

well ... that process became effortless but when i read what i'd written it wasn't very legible ... wasn't putting enough pressure on my pen i guess but not something i could correct easily in that state ...

a brilliant idea came to me one night ... hey ... why not use a felt marker rather than a pen ... it is bolder and i figured i'd be able to read what i wrote ...

yeah ... not so brilliant afterall ...
i woke up the next morning ... pad had not a thing written on it but my white sheets certainly did ... words here and there ... large and small ... all in permanent black marker!

anyway ... had to share that story ... remembered it whilst reading this thread ...

happy dreamzzzz ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:44 AM   #22
LucidJia
Avalon Senior Member

I find a voice recorder is the easiest and most effect way to record dreams.
You dont have to turn the light on and dont have to move around much.

Tip...If you want to remember more dreams. When you wake up don't open your eyes and don't move at all. Just lay there and listen to your mind, the dreams will start flooding in. Opening your eyes and moving starts the process of forgetting your dreams.

Rama187 I'm curious if you have ever connected to anyone that is alive in this world in your lucid dreams?. I have never, although I dont know any fellow avid lucid dreamers.

Namste, Jia
Old 01-12-2010, 02:47 AM   #23
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

Lucid. Do you mean mutual or Shared dreaming? 2 people from waking life having the same dream? If that's what you mean then YES. Check entries #10,11, and 13 of this thread. I have been doing this sort of thing for a few months.

I will post more mutual/shared dreams in this thread soon. some of my friends and me. We all meet together in dreams almost every night.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:01 AM   #24
LucidJia
Avalon Senior Member

Hmm, Interesting stuff. Do you think you need to know the person before you can do this? I would love to try this. I can WILD nearly every night and have devoleped quite a bit over the last 2 years. Might be a hard thing to do over the internet though?

May I ask where you are from? I am from New Zealand and I'm usually lucid between 3am-7am NZT.

Namste,Jia.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:05 AM   #25
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

I am from canada Alberta. In my experience it doesn't seem to matter what timezone a person lives in, The Shaman's dreamtime has it's own rules man. Nomad lives in Hawaii and I share dreams with him often.