Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 11-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Is there a spiritual war going on in Avalon?

Judging from some posts...there is. There individuals here who seem to be filled with so much anger and hate, calling others names, telling lies.Nobody forces them to be here but they still are bitching around, criticizing everything. edgar Cayce said that at the end times there would be a war between the children of The Law of One and the sons of Baal. Are we having a sample of it here?
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Is there a spiritual war going on in Avalon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
Judging from some posts...there is. There individuals here who seem to be filled with so much anger and hate, calling others names, telling lies.Nobody forces them to be here but they still are bitching around, criticizing everything. edgar Cayce said that at the end times there would be a war between the children of The Law of One and the sons of Baal. Are we having a sample of it here?
I can see the truth of what you are saying -- however.
Spiritual war is not possible.
You can make war on people who are endevouring to be spiritual but war is an imposability between two truly spiritual people or groups or whatever as the main principals are love and forgivness

Spiritual truth does not need to be justified or defended it just is -- absolute.

Why worry what others do, its not about them?
Its about what iis held in the individual heart.

Children rapidly discover they get more attention from being naughty than from being good so if they want attention, and they do, they are awkward, they shout, they scream, they stamp their feet.
If ignored when they are acting up they give up.
Give the same anger back and you are feeding that anger within them.
Then who is the child?
smiling.
All is well.
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:03 PM   #3
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Those who would want a spiritual war have only one tool available to them. Deception.

All they can do is trick people into fighting. And they are good at that.

As Chris says, the simple solution is to skip it on participation.

What can they do then?
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Are we having a sample of it here?
Yes.
In a way...and it's been said before...this forum is a microcosm of the 'real' world. What we are seeing here is a 'miniature' representation of world politics and opinions.

As far as "war"...hmmmm... I don't think so. (my opinion)
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #5
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Thumbs up Re: Is there a spiritual war going on in Avalon?

The true war is the one within, often we defeat ourselves and give in to the darkest parts of ourselves negativity feeds negativity. Is easy to become stagnant in our internal growth process and is easier to relate to this part of ourselves than it is to recognize the inner beauty in others. The beauty of a child exist within all of us. It is a shame how eager we are to grow up, it is in this growth process that we get lost and forget our true self. The inner child is always there wether we choose to see it or not. This inner child has no malice no hate, no righteous anger. The child within reponds to love and feeds and grows on love. The lack of this vital element in our lives makes us ill and awfully misguided, becoming empty , judgemental,fearful, manipulative, hateful and all the rest, is hard to let go of this part of ourselves for fear of getting hurt by others. The tug of war of the Avalon forum is a mirror of the reflection of our inner self.The cross roads of our internal growth process,
there's a road sign that points to the inner child within , just keep going we will all eventually get there sooner or later, keep going and don't worry .
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:54 PM   #6
Bill Ryan
Project Avalon Co Founder

Quote:
Is there a spiritual war going on in Avalon?
Yes, there is.
Bill Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #7
Guri69
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ryan View Post
Yes, there is.
Thank you Bill for you statement. Have been lurking around in this forum for a while, and seen a lot of anger and bad attitude. Long time ago I discovered project camelot and have seen all interwies and are very glad the to of you do this work. In this forum there have been a lot of stange things going on that is difficult to understand for me sitting in Norway. I do not understand if it is just young blokes seeking a thrill in bad attitude in the forum or a real spiritual war going on!

It would be nice if you could explain what the spiritual war is about? Who are the participants(of cource not by names) in this spiritual war as you see it, and what are their agenda.

Keep up the good work!

Hugs from Guri in Norway
Guri69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:28 PM   #8
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks, Bill.

I guess in some ways it's to be expected - the light tends to attract darkness, which either wants the light for itself, or wants to extinguish the light. It's been an exercise in discernment, and in many ways a gift.

alys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ryan View Post
Yes, there is.
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #9
Stabris8
Avalon Senior Member

Bill is correct.

I feel ultimately sad for the previous months when members would taunt others' posts by replying critically & starting back & forth fussing retaliating negatively. Therefore; creating a back and forth confrontation of horrible 'vibes'. It would pain me to see how quickly those nasty replies would pierce the heart of the OP, etc. Goes to show that many still have a long way to go to be able to 'turn the other cheek' so to speak.

It's time to step back and breathe deeply; not try to 'prove' anything...just share our knowledge with one another; to help one another. If one has a point to be made (negatively) use the PM to the poster NOT put it on the boards. Save the boards for uplifting, not for tearing down. Don't put the dirty laundry out for everyone to see...I'm sure that would make the Mods' job a little easier.

Peace to you and yours.
Stabris8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #10
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

Spiritual wars on message boards... I am doing my best to see logic in that. Perhaps thru words. Yet perception and possession is nine tenth's of the law. So it would be very difficult to actually change one's way of thought thru a two dimensional communicative device. Not to mention resurrecting the the instinct of translation as well. Nah its only a spiritual war if you wish to label this hysteria, evolution. It appears more of a battle of Ego's as usual. None of our God's would have anything to do with this. By the way... I at least value my life a lil higher to say the least..
Xhaosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:21 PM   #11
Delphi
Avalon Senior Member

I so want to agree with Greybeard, that in the Oneness there can be no war.
However, Avalon is a salutary reminder for me of how deeply entrenched beliefs divide people here as in the 3D world. The Avalon experience has made me less woolly and more discerning (I hope) and maybe harder edged (regretably).
Yes the forces of involution and the forces of evolution are slogging it out here as in 3D. I will not use the traditional labels evil/good, darkness/light for the opposing forces but both are represented in various shades on Avalon.
My intention is to align to the evolution of the human spirit, to build community (thanks and respect to the Scottish Ground Crew) and to deal with the forces of involution with clarity and compassion. I want to pretend they don't exist, but they do. They are here, and direct opposition strengthens them as much as ignoring them does.
love to all
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:31 PM   #12
Deoxyan

there is no war. you will have a war only if you want to have one on purpose.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:08 PM   #13
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

a spiritual war? perhaps a war of logic ...

on our path of seeking answers our minds try to make logic of all we receive, what i am experiencing on avalon as a newcomer is an extension of what has always been in 3d ... minds believing their logic is better than, more than, greater than, more absolute than others ...

is it really? how can we be so sure ...
we should be asking ourselves this, not expecting our answer from our minds for if we are still thinking in 3d our answer will continue to be the same ...

from the heart, truth is truth, no need to believe what we know is more or less than another's ... it just is

all truth is a tile in the mosaic of life, every tile is significant, every tile is needed now ...

no tile is larger or smaller than another, every tile is individual for what it is and every tile is equal, collectively our truth is the same

contribution of all knowledge here on avalon is very significant ... don't believe one is more concrete, more absolute or more true than another ... thinking this way we move backwards, not forward ...

thinking that way causes wars ...

is this a site of war or is it a site of collective knowledge moving us forward ...
futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:41 PM   #14
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Even a forum can develop its own morphic field. Taken to the extreme an entity or entities can also rule the morphic field. Been reading any Rupert Sheldrake lately?

In the end we all face our death and a possible life review. The only person we can hurt by our thoughts, truthfully, is our spiritual selves.

Namaste,
Gnosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhaosis View Post
Spiritual wars on message boards... I am doing my best to see logic in that. Perhaps thru words. Yet perception and possession is nine tenth's of the law. So it would be very difficult to actually change one's way of thought thru a two dimensional communicative device. Not to mention resurrecting the the instinct of translation as well. Nah its only a spiritual war if you wish to label this hysteria, evolution. It appears more of a battle of Ego's as usual. None of our God's would have anything to do with this. By the way... I at least value my life a lil higher to say the least..
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:45 PM   #15
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

How true. After eons of lifetimes I finally let go of a war I had created with a couple of beings. You should see the change in them -- all for the better. We all know now there is no more revenge to be gotten. Game over.

Why didn't I do this eons ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyan View Post
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #16
martina
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guri69 View Post
It would be nice if you could explain what the spiritual war is about? Who are the participants(of cource not by names) in this spiritual war as you see it, and what are their agenda.
Why not by names, This forum and the whole project here, I thought, was to put darkness into light

By the way, I did not notice a war here, but I don't read very much.
martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #17
milk and honey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyan View Post
I see what you mean. I would just add....

War has been declared against every soul on earth. The false hierarchy works in countless ways to prevent each soul from finding the presence and inspiration of inner-spirit.

They do this by appealing to the lower-ego of every person, group and nation. They have found success in this old war because most people are blind to the 'enemy within' (which is mainly subconscious and ) which is warring against the spirit for the soul's attention.

The focus of a soul's attention will determine where it's spiritual energy flows. It will attune to the Arc of spirit or it will reinforce the ego. Spiritual attunement is not just a positive mentality but is a deeper attunement of soul that enlightens it to spiritual 'being'.

When inner-attunement is made it guides us to fulfill our personal spiritual path. That inner realisation makes it possible to identify the forces of 'anti-being' (within and without) which have blinded the soul and which must be identified if they're to be transcended.

'Seeing' is seeing everything as it is. "Without vision the people perish"
milk and honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:11 PM   #18
NancyV
Avalon Senior Member

Sure there is a spiritual war going on here. Everything IS "spiritual" or spirit. When one vibrational frequency of spirit conflicts with another, you have a "war" or conflict.

There are different degrees of conflict. Some are a lot more malicious than others and have active malevolent intentions. Some are merely chaotic and ignorant while others are enjoying the stimulus of debate and attempting to reach some kind of understanding and/or agreement.

The Internet is a very powerful tool. Just like any other tool it can be used for positive or negative, but it IS influential. These are not merely words on a computer screen. They carry tremendous energies. One can even develop their extra sensory perceptions through communications on the Internet. It is a tool of focus, somewhat similar to tools like crystals, tarot, oija boards, pendulums, meditation, prayer etc. The results you get depend upon several factors, including but not limited to: Your intentions, your level of awareness and discernment, your ability to shield or ignore energies you consider to be counter-productive, the strength of your ego and the power of your will.

Many who are content in their knowledge and wisdom will not attempt to argue with others and do not care to share their knowledge often. They may know that each of us must find our own truths in order for that knowledge to have real meaning. You can only "follow" or seek for so long until you realize that there is no one to follow and nothing to search for.

In the meantime, here on the earthplane we all like to have fun in our own ways. So we are having fun on this forum. The battle goes on and will truly never end until and unless each of us, individually, reaches a place of oneness.

Nancy
NancyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:12 PM   #19
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

Wow.

Yes, there is, is my reply also.

Bill, I hope everything's okay.

And many thanks for all the work you've done by the way.
You are a brave.
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:23 PM   #20
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

WAR! I wouldn't call it a war, perhaps a misunderstanding.
I have found there to be so many different levels of spirituality in people on this site that some are more in tune shall i say than others.
Some can not comprehend when others discribe there beliefs etc the extent of so many differences causes disruption on many levels.
Saying that, there is no need to put people down if your ideas are so different let it be.
This site is for every one, whether you agree or not, take it or leave it.

Let everyone have there say please!
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #21
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Nice idea for a thread Burgundia. Thanks.

I'd never joined a forum before Avalon, so other experience at forums is non-existent. Could there be a spiritual war going on on all forums or just this one? That would make avalon special, different. My feeling is that it's not that special or different. I did in the beginning, but we're all growing up, hey?

From my own experience, I've started to wonder about the whole 'posting' business. Certainly posting for posting's sake. If there's a war on, I'm asking myself if that war is with my own ego.

I mean, why am I posting now? Does this make me feel better? Does it help anyone? How much is the post for my own benefit and how much is it for the benefit of others?

Originally, it seemed Avalon was spawned as a direct reaction to what seemed to be the possibility of imminent breakdown of social order. For people to get in contact with likeminded people and form communities. As the breakdown is a no show at present (even though we can all see that it's likely headed that way in the mid to long term), so it would seem are the communities (am I speaking out of turn here? ).

It would be an interesting poll to see just how many groups have been created and are currently meeting up on a regular basis. Any ideas?

From my own meagre efforts on the Devon and Cornwall thread I managed to meet two people. From the whole of Devon and Cornwall. As far as I know, no one else met anyone else (not that was posted anyway).

My point? Avalon has become a discussion group. the topics seem to be more about belief in various scenarios then they seem to be about ground crews.

So there's your spiritual war, people going on line to have a difference of opinion, because the root founding reason for avalon is not happening. If it was, there would be more unity of purpose, in my view.

It seems to me most people are prepared to take action when their lives are in immediate danger, and if not, then they'd rather argue about the price of fish.

Something spiritual is going on though, there is an awakening, and my feeling is that that will overtake the original fear and need for avalon. Setting up avalon was the right step, and I am very grateful to Bill and Kerry for that. But things are quickening and what was necessary even three months ago , may not be relevant today.

The spiritual war is within ourselves and how we relate to others. But if I feel I'm a good person, why would I want to prove that on a forum (that's just ego), or why would I point it out to someone else that they are not behaving ethically. It seems a limitation of the forum communication. A real spiritual war to me is if I am placed in an ethical/spiritual dilemma. I think that is more likely in the 'real' world than online. But that's not to say it could not happen here too, I think it depends on the thread.

there... why did I make you sift through all that ?! Oops... ego again probably...thanks for the thread, a great question, and made me think.

Peace n love

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:51 PM   #22
symbolon
Avalon Senior Member

It's a war alright...but this one is driven by ego, lack of understanding and also a lack of eloquence which hurt quite a number of members.
symbolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:54 PM   #23
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

There is a war in heaven, so we are told. But what is heaven? Anything outside of our physical dimension seems to us like a "spiritual" realm, but that isn't so, as I understand it. I hear that this planet is manipulated and controlled by interdimensional beings who can be invisible to our senses, and who do not care a farthing about the Native Earth Life on this planet. Just because we can't see them doesn't mean that they are on a loving spiritual path, especially if they want manipulation and control.

[If you've noticed, they're killing everything, every form of life on this planet, every species, whole ecosystems.]

Bill and Kerry have given us this site. It is a gift from them. Even if we pay a fee, it's still a gift and would not exist if they hadn't made it. We, now, can make it what we want to make it. Some of us understand that we are "making" something and approach it with a loving intent. Others throw stones ignorantly without understanding that that is a "making" also. Still others throw stones to make discord. Who are those people? It is quite possible this site has been under deliberate attack for quite a while.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:31 PM   #24
macleodmunro
Avalon Senior Member

A war exists between good and evil everywhere in the world.
Whether it is in our own minds or on a global scale.

This forum is no exception.

Peace from Paul
macleodmunro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #25
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

The war is in each of us.
"In order to stop war, you can't hate it."
Hate is war in and of itself.
If you have any at all, you are at war, with you.
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote