Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:11 AM   #26
Digi
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: David Wilcock's latest Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I tend to ignore such drivel and focus on the bigger message at hand.

I don't care about David's supposed ego. I *DO* care about the message he's trying to convey.
Well like I say, there's no attack in my saying this, and I forgive him, but it's another thing entirely to ignore it. Being a big head makes people overstate the case all the time. When it's something like telling everyone that a documentary is going to be all about you, it's easily mitigated, in that everyone gets to see the documentary and finds out that wasn't true. When it's something like saying - and this is hypothetical here - "this witness said things that ENTIRELY corroborated my theories", it's another thing, because we might not be able to check that witnesses testimony ourselves. If we know that he tends to overstate things, if doing so boosts his self image, we need to temper the weighting of such statements with that knowledge.

Again, it's not evil, it's just pertinent.

I must say though, I am quite amused by how defensive you guys are being on his behalf. I am also amused at how the line seems to have gone from "he has no ego" to "well so what that he does",without any kind of acknowledgement of the inconsistency.
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:17 AM   #27
Digi
Avalon Senior Member

I'm sure I've posted this already, but I can't see it, so apologies if this is a double post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I tend to ignore such drivel and focus on the bigger message at hand.

I don't care about David's supposed ego. I *DO* care about the message he's trying to convey.
Well like I say, there's no attack in my saying this, and I forgive him, but it's another thing entirely to ignore it. Being a big head makes people overstate the case all the time. When it's something like telling everyone that a documentary is going to be all about you, it's easily mitigated, in that everyone gets to see the documentary and finds out that wasn't true. When it's something like saying - and this is hypothetical here - "this witness said things that ENTIRELY corroborated my theories", it's another thing, because we might not be able to check that witnesses testimony ourselves. If we know that he tends to overstate things, if doing so boosts his self image, we need to temper the weighting of such statements with that knowledge.

Again, it's not evil, it's just pertinent.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:22 AM   #28
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Right. It's all water under the bridge.

We just disagree.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:47 AM   #29
derpif
Avalon Senior Member

@ Digi,
apologies, I listened to C2C again and he did not tell the exact date.
My bad, very sorry.

Have a nice day,
derpif
derpif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #30
TheChosen
Avalon Senior Member

What is so wrong about having a big ego anyway??... Oh right... New Age literature goes on and on and on and on.... about how guilty you are if you have 1 speck of ego

I am sick of fully competent modest people being crushed down by those who knew how to market themselves and didn't have a problem of telling the world the truth .. that they are unique and the best thing under the sun. And my complete 'favourites' are people who talk about how they have mastered the disolution of ego all the time and how great they are for doing that ... ummm... say what??! lol

Modesty is a virus programming designed to enslave humanity into obedience and obscurence.

If I am so good and great to realize I am really one of the best if not THE best in my field .. I will not wait 2 seconds before sharing it with everyone else.

You know what Bruce Lee said when a commentator asked him if he is great?

"If I told you I am good, I would be lying to you ... and if I told you I am great you would say I am boasting"

Would you rather be a liar or 'accussed' of boasting? In fact the reason I like DW on a personal level is that he has no problem with sharing how great he is...
TheChosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #31
Digi
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
What is so wrong about having a big ego anyway??... Oh right... New Age literature goes on and on and on and on.... about how guilty you are if you have 1 speck of ego

I am sick of fully competent modest people being crushed down by those who knew how to market themselves and didn't have a problem of telling the world the truth .. that they are unique and the best thing under the sun. And my complete 'favourites' are people who talk about how they have mastered the disolution of ego all the time and how great they are for doing that ... ummm... say what??! lol

Modesty is a virus programming designed to enslave humanity into obedience and obscurence.

If I am so good and great to realize I am really one of the best if not THE best in my field .. I will not wait 2 seconds before sharing it with everyone else.

You know what Bruce Lee said when a commentator asked him if he is great?

"If I told you I am good, I would be lying to you ... and if I told you I am great you would say I am boasting"

Would you rather be a liar or 'accussed' of boasting? In fact the reason I like DW on a personal level is that he has no problem with sharing how great he is...
Well, Bruce Lee was great, and if someone had asked him if he was, and he had said so, he would not have been boasting, he would have been telling the truth. If he had then gone on to take every opportunity to re-mention his greatness, to the point of engineering discussions into having such opportunities, sometimes crowbarring it in entirely out of context, he'd be boasting.

It's entirely possible to be humble, whilst still completely factual, objective, and forthright about ones personal qualities and achievements. Those things are not incompatible, and there's a big difference between being unhealthily self-deprecating, and not having a proclivity for irrelevant self-aggrandizement. I'm troubled by anyone who isn't aware of that distinction.

It's okay for Bruce to say he was great also because it's not untrue, and he wouldn't have been delusional in believing that. It's a different matter when someone becomes so self absorbed that one's perception becomes unreliably tilted in favour of one's self.

When that seems to be happening to someone who's usefulness to me is their ability to reckon things, I need to be aware of it. I can now bare in mind that things he gets intuitively might be twisted by his desire to big himself up unrealistically. It's nothing for me to hate him about, and I don't think he needs to feel guilty about it. I don't even think he needs to overcome it, that's a matter for him. All I'm interested in is knowing that it's there, so I can better contextualize his ideas.

Your assertion that New Age literature says people are guilty if they have any ego is a straw-man. What literature? Moreover, I, nor anyone in this thread, has said that, and it therefore has no relevance here.

Last edited by Digi; 12-28-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #32
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Digi get back on track, in all of your empassioned posts on this thread not a single one has addressed the topic of this thread. Have you even read it? The article?

Just a reminder, this thread is entitled:

David Wilcock's latest Blog, ok?

NOT

David Wilcock's Ego

I also posted the link to this article on the Wanderer Awakening thread before this one was created and was also attacked by another person with issues who only wanted to talk smack about David too.

Keep it on topic please, a discussion about the substance of the article would be great thanks,

L
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #33
Firedrake
Avalon Senior Member

I thought this was awesome:

The Fall of the Bully:

The bully didn't want any of the kids in 'his' schoolyard to play with the other kids -- the ones who lived all throughout the neighborhood.

He guarded the gates. He liked being the Big Fish in a Small Pond. He told elaborate stories of how evil, treacherous and deceptive the other kids were.

He wanted everyone to respect him and pay him for protection, while fearing anyone and everyone else around them -- including him most of all.

If the kids found out they had all these other friends in the neighborhood who could have helped them, they might have quickly forgotten about the bully... and laughed at his once-fearsome authority.

Over the years, the bully grew weak and tired. He couldn't beat people up anymore, so he started paying his friends to do it.

Now he has run out of money to pay all his friends. They, too, became tired of all his lies and backstabbing games -- so as soon as his money ran out, they ditched him.

It took a while for all the kids on the schoolyard to realize the bully could not hurt them anymore. His power was so feared, so legendary, that the stories of his beatings continued to awe and inspire them for some time.

But there were cracks in the armor. A series of signs -- irrefutable and undeniable -- started happening that gradually made the kids realize the bully's power to hurt them had evaporated.

Now all the people he shamed, humiliated and attacked over the years are finally standing up -- and they're going to tell us the truth.

They're going to tell their story... of what it was like to live in fear of this bully for so many years, and never be able to share the secret truth of the horrors he was putting them through.

Once the bully is gone, the children can run and sing and dance and play happily -- quickly recovering from the nightmare of abuse they endured for so long. They won't have to hand over all their lunch money to him and his friends any more.

And they will soon find out they have a lot more friends than they ever could have imagined -- regardless of whatever horror stories the bully tried to tell them about how mean and evil all the other kids were.

As for the information David presents, and not so much about how he presents it, I happen to resonate very strongly with where David is coming from and agree with much of what he says. As with any and all information, one must use discernment and pick and choose what works for them at that moment where they are at in their journey back to the one; because we are all at different places so sometimes it is hard to understand one another and why someone may feel so strongly about a specific piece of information at a certain time.

If we can operate from a place of objective neutrality we can more easily see things for what they really are and not how we judge it.

I believe through meditation we start to truly experience what ego is and how to live in the moment.

-Love and Light-
Firedrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #34
PilotSimone
Avalon Senior Member

I find DW refreshingly authentic.

It seems that many hold back authenticity for fear they will sound egotistical. I know I certainly have for most of my life.

From my perspective... How boring. How un-courageous.

Why shouldn't all of us think highly of ourselves? Especially when we're sharing our talent for the betterment of the world.

Our society is all about the shaming when people start to feel good about themselves. I look forward to seeing this attitude dissolve as we enter the Golden Age. I want to see what people really have to offer!! I don't want anyone holding themselves back for fear of how it might 'look' to others. Again, what a waste that is.

Last edited by PilotSimone; 12-28-2009 at 01:34 PM.
PilotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #35
Digi
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminari View Post
Digi get back on track, in all of your empassioned posts on this thread not a single one has addressed the topic of this thread. Have you even read it? The article?

NOT

David Wilcock's Ego

I also posted the link to this article on the Wanderer Awakening thread before this one was created and was also attacked by another person with issues who only wanted to talk smack about David too.

Keep it on topic please, a discussion about the substance of the article would be great thanks,

L
I'm very neatly on track all ready, as no single person can decide the direction of conversation. Besides, I think the discussion of his ego is integral to any discussion about the information he presents in his article. It's a little odd that you're asking me to stay on topic, because all my posts have been responses to other peoples' posts - I haven't changed any topics here, only continued them. I'm therefore lead to believe you've singled me out because we have differing opinions.

I've actually done my utmost to remain dispassionate in writing my posts - my opinion that he's very egotistical is matter-of-fact - the passion you've detected must have been injected some time after I've hit the 'Submit' button, and so I can not be held accountable for it.

Yes, I've read the article. From start to finish, and many parts several times over. I liked it, and was educated by it. Though, as I've said, information has to be considered with an assessment of the filter through which it comes. This guy has a big ego, which tends to make him overstate his case, and move his role in things toward the centre. That's as pertinent to understanding what he writes as the words themselves. That kind of thing is especially pertinent when you have to take his word for a lot of his evidence. Secret witnesses, dream data, all that stuff comes solely through him, you can't judge it for yourself, and therefore you have to rely on his judgement of it. Knowing his prejudices is vital to properly assimilating that evidence.

It's interesting to me that you imply I've attacked you. Please, point to where I've done this, and I'll immediatly retract it. Perhaps you're confusing disagreement with combat. The things are virtual opposites. Criticism is not insult. Far from it, in fact.

Equally interesting is that you suggest I'm "talking smack" about David Wilcock. Saying someone has a big ego is not talking smack. It's just that I think it's true. I've been redundant in my attempts to make it clear that I am not trying to attack, or disparage David Wilcock. I think he has a big ego, but that's really up to him. I have no hatred of him for that; this isn't a value judgement. All I'm interested in is knowing it's there, because it effects the context of his very intriguing output.

Say something about the substance, that I feel I can add to, and I'll respond.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #36
quetzalcoatl11
Avalon Senior Member

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves" - Jung

David Wilcock has been assailed for his ego so many times, but people on these boards of any forum should recognize this sort of attack as an ad hominem attack on David himself and not of the substance of his work. The extent to which David's 'ego' bothers a person is actually a representation or outward projection of what is inside that person and what they are likely contending with within themselves. Whatever it is within another that seems to evoke annoyance, the trick is to always look first within yourself to see whether or not it may exist there as well.

What is very difficult for many to understand is that the level David has reached in his own life, through many difficult trials and struggles, is a highly appreciative form of love for the creative Spirit which infuses and animates his life- this is not to be confused with ego- it is a healthy form of being capable of witnessing that one's life is an expression of God's Will, and to not recognize this creatively Divine Spirit within yourself is what keeps so many people from actualizing their lives from a higher level. I have the sense that the contempt that so many have for David is actually the frustration and contempt they harbor for themselves, for having not been able to access a form of self-love which acknowledges the divine within themselves as David has.

I know that David has faults as a human being, but I would be far less trustful of him had be pretended not too, when in reality he is one of the more humble people you will come across. It's easy for us to stand where we are and criticize, but the truth of the matter is that the content of his message remains powerfully transformative, and overwhelmingly with loving and positive intent, that is something which cannot be said for very many people.

I think, beyond it all, people may be threatened by David's intelligence and charisma, they cannot understand it so they condemn it- they cannot figure out a way to love themselves for their unique gifts so they denounce another for his own.
quetzalcoatl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:06 PM   #37
FIIISH
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

NOT

David Wilcock's Ego.
You are right Luminari. My apologies to Lightwalker, the OP.

Regarding the latest blog post, I came away with an overwhelming
desire to be rid of all of this 3D gameplaying that we have been
engaging in for thousands of years. I am looking forward to an existence
where one can simply BE, and from this learn and grow without spending
so much time and energy on survival and posturing.
FIIISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #38
eleni
Avalon Senior Member

There are points in his blog I don't agree with - not sure about the Russian/Asian factions wanting to do away with other factions.....
also the spiral.......having to do with pixels and the ring count..........

Last edited by eleni; 12-28-2009 at 06:34 PM.
eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:05 PM   #39
lightwalker
Avalon Senior Member

So....I'm surprised no one mentioned the lady who turned to jelly after she died.

I'm headed in to Manhattan this week and all I can think of is "they" are among us...will I see one ? (a jelly person that is)

Every time I think about that story I just start laughing and I am not sure why because I have no problem considering that it is a truth.

Years ago when I first heard about the idea that the earth was hollow I refused to believe it and yet I had no problem believing in ET's and civilizations on other planets and all kinds of things, but a hollow earth...NO WAY. Well, I have changed and cannot invalidate someone else's truth because anyone who belongs to this kind of forum pretty much knows that the truth sure is stranger than fiction.

I just pick the ones that resonate with me and lot's of what David shares hits home for me. I am grateful for his passion and commitment to bringing in the light...cuz it makes my "walking" easier.

light...walker
lightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:34 AM   #40
Derek
Avalon Senior Member

Guys the more positive energy we create the easier the earth can make a smooth transition into higher energies. Why are we arguing? Arguing is one of the biggest egoistic things you can do. You know that. It's all about being right.
Your all on the same level, your all supporting a passionate opinion about david wilcock. It just happens to be a different opinion. I can assure you that you'd stop arguing if you could see your similarities. They FAR outweigh your differences.
There is too much arguing on this message board. We need to work together and unify.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:52 AM   #41
Digi
Avalon Senior Member

Lightwalker: Which lady that turned to jelly? I don't understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Guys the more positive energy we create the easier the earth can make a smooth transition into higher energies. Why are we arguing? Arguing is one of the biggest egoistic things you can do. You know that. It's all about being right.
Your all on the same level, your all supporting a passionate opinion about david wilcock. It just happens to be a different opinion. I can assure you that you'd stop arguing if you could see your similarities. They FAR outweigh your differences.
There is too much arguing on this message board. We need to work together and unify.
What is arguing if not work? Being as it isn't possible to argue alone, we can consider arguing a form of working together. Arguing, debate, criticism, disagreement are more than legitimate, they're vital to forwarding and refining our collective knowledge. Fighting, however, is an entirely different matter. It is possible, and can be desirable, to argue without fighting.

For my part, that's what I've been doing here.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:38 AM   #42
lightwalker
Avalon Senior Member

I call her The Jelly Lady

This is from part 4 under PRECISELY HUMAN-LOOKING ETS

http://www.tbrnews.org/Archives/a2968.htm

"We may have talked about the Roswell business, and we can get back to that later, but the most interesting item in the file is about the woman who was jaywalking in New York, and was hit by some minority trying to escape from the police.

[It was a] terrible impact and knocked her up onto the sidewalk. Right next to a hospital. So, she was rushed there, but died there at once -- or more likely was killed by the impact.

So, when they did an autopsy on her, they were lucky because they got right on to her, or whatever it was.

And that was good, because about two hours later, after the body cooled off, it turned to a sort of jelly.

But, this is the fascinating part. It looked like a woman from the outside but once they cut into her, it wasn’t a woman.

GD: It was a transvestite?

RTC: No, it wasn’t human. The insides were all different.

None of the staff had ever seen anything like it before. So, they photographed the body and took out what they hoped might be some kind of organs.

Didn’t do any good because, like the body, the pieces all turned to jelly in the jars.

But there are the affidavits and the photographs, plus the police report of the accident and the emergency room people. Not human.

What it was, no one knows, not to this day."

A good story isn't it ! I still can't stop laughing.

lightwalker
lightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:12 AM   #43
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
David Wilcock: Some of the key factions involved in this grand football game are tired of waiting. They're playing for keeps. No more treating us like children. This is it. Game over. Childhood's End. We need to know the truth -- and we need it now.
Thank you for starting this thread. I might have missed this new blog post. I always have respected Davids Divine Cosmos work. This above quote from the blog is right on!

Peace!!! Until We Get It!!!
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:34 AM   #44
PilotSimone
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl11 View Post
"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves" - Jung

David Wilcock has been assailed for his ego so many times, but people on these boards of any forum should recognize this sort of attack as an ad hominem attack on David himself and not of the substance of his work. The extent to which David's 'ego' bothers a person is actually a representation or outward projection of what is inside that person and what they are likely contending with within themselves. Whatever it is within another that seems to evoke annoyance, the trick is to always look first within yourself to see whether or not it may exist there as well.

What is very difficult for many to understand is that the level David has reached in his own life, through many difficult trials and struggles, is a highly appreciative form of love for the creative Spirit which infuses and animates his life- this is not to be confused with ego- it is a healthy form of being capable of witnessing that one's life is an expression of God's Will, and to not recognize this creatively Divine Spirit within yourself is what keeps so many people from actualizing their lives from a higher level. I have the sense that the contempt that so many have for David is actually the frustration and contempt they harbor for themselves, for having not been able to access a form of self-love which acknowledges the divine within themselves as David has.

I know that David has faults as a human being, but I would be far less trustful of him had be pretended not too, when in reality he is one of the more humble people you will come across. It's easy for us to stand where we are and criticize, but the truth of the matter is that the content of his message remains powerfully transformative, and overwhelmingly with loving and positive intent, that is something which cannot be said for very many people.

I think, beyond it all, people may be threatened by David's intelligence and charisma, they cannot understand it so they condemn it- they cannot figure out a way to love themselves for their unique gifts so they denounce another for his own.
LAD.

Great post!
PilotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:16 AM   #45
Evolution22
Avalon Senior Member

Who's to say Project Camelot and David Wilcock aren't plated by our Masters? I'll listen but, we have to remember that these are opinions.
Evolution22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #46
Derek
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi View Post
Lightwalker: Which lady that turned to jelly? I don't understand.

What is arguing if not work? Being as it isn't possible to argue alone, we can consider arguing a form of working together. Arguing, debate, criticism, disagreement are more than legitimate, they're vital to forwarding and refining our collective knowledge. Fighting, however, is an entirely different matter. It is possible, and can be desirable, to argue without fighting.

For my part, that's what I've been doing here.
I totally agree with what you said, you said it perfectly. Debating and sharing opinions is very healthy.

This whole thread is an argument about something that isn't at all relevant to the topic. David Wilcocks ego. Its creating unnecessary negative energy and division. There is not much we can gain from proving that David does or does not have an ego.

Last edited by Derek; 12-29-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #47
Digi
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
I totally agree with what you said, you said it perfectly. Debating and sharing opinions is very healthy.

This whole thread is an argument about something that isn't at all relevant to the topic. David Wilcocks ego. Its creating unnecessary negative energy and division. There is not much we can gain from proving that David does or does not have an ego.
I've said this in this thread already, but I'll try and re-phrase it: the status of his ego is relevant. If David were a mathematician, and his usefulness to me was in supplying me with new eye-opening equations I'd never considered before, I wouldn't give a rats about his ego - I'd just take his equation, and test it - the output would stand on self evidence.

However, David is in the business of fuzzy evidence; he relays insider testimony from people who are anonymous to us, and interprets his own dreams on our behalf. These aren't hard bits of data that you or I can make estimates about directly, they come through David, and therefore we have to understand David himself to properly contextualize his testimony. I need to counter balance his biases to level out the info. If I think he has a tendency to subconsciously move himself toward the centre of scenarios he is recounting, then I need to move him slightly further away from the centre to make a proper estimate about what he's relaying. Just like if you play poker against someone who bluffs a lot, you should be a lot less worried about what hand they might have when they make a bet than if they were someone who bet only very occasionally. It's about adjusting to someone's tendencies. It's something I need to do to properly weight his ideas.

So tell me you think he isn't egotisitical (which I think is a pretty far out opinion to have), but don't tell me it isn't relevant.

I don't think it spreads negative energy to discuss a facet of someone's character, even if that facet is one that is undesirable to most people, as long as it's done maturely. I mean, if we were discussing someone who was well above average weight, and it was relevant, would we not be able to mention it in an adult fashion, without it seeming as though we were verbally assailing the person? I don't see how my discussing his ego from an objective point of view spreads "negative energy".

Again, I'm not making a value judgement on him. I have an ego probably about the same size as David's. I've decided it's something I don't like all that much in my self, and I'm probably going to spend the rest of this life reducing it. If David is happy with the state of his ego, good for him, I have no quarrel, but I will notice it, and discuss it, if it seems relevant, and I think it seems relevant.

Last edited by Digi; 12-29-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:30 AM   #48
pilot
Avalon Senior Member

I just had an amusing thought-what does it do for David's ego that people on the internet find it fascinating enough to discuss at length?

I too have noticed some rather incongruous outbursts of self-regard in some of his articles, but I don't knock it-if that is just him being honest about the way he feels, I'd rather have that than someone being falsely modest.

How that affects his ability to disseminate information is impossible to guess-if my assessment is correct-he would be a reliable source, no?

I tend to like his overall message, for it's hope and encouragement, the particulars are always speculation based on hearsay, like most of the information coming from "insiders".

David having a high opinion of himself does not diminish anyone else. It just is.

Speculation based on hearsay. This is my new mantra.

Last edited by pilot; 12-30-2009 at 01:45 AM.
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote