Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Canada

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 09:58 PM   #26
Cosmic Dancer
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Montreal (Quebec) General discussion

Hi NorthernSantuary,

I've briefly looked at the sites you mentioned. They both offer good ideas that we can explore and discuss.
The Eco-Logistics on the Productive House site describe great green design innovations. The Tamera site presents an ideal in so many ways. Their philosophy and way of life has much to be learned from.

Although there are differences (as you mentioned) in our specific intention for the community, their ideas and implementation for sustainable living can contribute much to the planning of our project.

I will explore both sides a bit further and give more input as we go along.
Cosmic Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:56 PM   #27
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Montreal (Quebec) General discussion

Here's a new presentation I posted (scroll down) by Ivon that's interesting. The last video (part 16) shows the new equator after the shift, and the Laurentians go right through the equator.

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...t=12271&page=2
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:07 AM   #28
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Your project is blessed NorthernSanctuary.
There is no other way to go but through togetherness and unity.
I admire your strengh and dedication in opening that path.

Kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:45 AM   #29
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Mudra,

Your thoughts and encouragement are appreciated; your own dedication is much recognized by all. The video expresses the way forward very well and the message is an important one that we must all heed in these times.

Love and Light to you,
/NS
Old 06-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #30
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Hi all,

I've sent a draft of the new center design to the people that have been involved in the last mtgs and can have a tentative bill of material to discuss for the next mtg.

If we want to start building this year, we'll have to breakground in August. So we need to assess if this is possible. Who is available to mtg for this coming weekend ? Can you post or pm me. As mentioned before, if some people are not available, we'll send the minutes by e-mail.

/NS
Old 06-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #31
Cosmic Dancer
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Montreal (Quebec) General discussion

Hi NS,

I'm available this weekend, either Saturday, July 3 or Sunday, July 4, preferably in the afternoon. I'm still working on finding a meeting place, however if none can be confirmed by this weekend we can always meet at a restaurant or coffee shop.

With much anticipation,
--CD
Cosmic Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:41 PM   #32
CosmicJobFocus
Avalon Senior Member

Hi All,

I would be available for Sunday. If Saturday is chosen I will see what i can do. Have we find a local yet?
CosmicJobFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:34 AM   #33
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Hi CosmicJobFocus,

It looks like it'll be Sunday then. Cosmic Dancer found a place, but if it is only a few people, maybe a simpler solution is easier. I'll let Cosmic Dancer decide later on in the week when we know how many people are available.

/NS
Old 06-30-2009, 03:38 AM   #34
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

I posted a new thread for the July 5 mtg .
Old 07-11-2009, 01:09 AM   #35
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

hi all,

I'm giving a presentation on the RZ community at a gathering that anyone interested in RZ may attend on Aug. 22, Sat morning. It's co-sponsored with the Edgar Cayce group in Canada. The information is at the following link (early registration is pushed back to July 15, I believe):

http://www.creativeawakening.com/cre...Workshopa.html

/NS
Old 07-19-2009, 09:08 PM   #36
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Here's info for legal structures with references for Quebec :

The website is: www.canlii.org (quebec civil law)

We did some preliminary investigation into the legal structure for communal ownership. Here's some general info (people will need to consult a lawyer for their own legal laws if interested);

1. Divided ownership (article 1038 +)
2. Undivided ownership (article 1012, 1014)
3. Leasing (article 1892)
4. Owning shares through a company

For 1: This is the condo concept. There is real (private) ownership for some parts of the building. Typically there is an owners agreement for the common parts. There is a legal entity that is created (syndicate in Quebec) and published in a register. The agreement needs to be published to be applicable to 3rd parties (a potential buyer).

For 2: This is ownership as a percentage of the whole building. A separate agreement is required for the owners, and should be registered and published. Restrictions on selling may be part of the agreement.

For 3: This is not so attractive or applicable as there is a concept of landlord and tenant, and the requirements of the landlord responsibilities to the tenant.

For 4: Was told that a good shareholders agreement would easily cost in excess of $10,000, so forget it.

Conclusion: At this point, before consulting a lawyer, it looks like the undivided ownership is the most applicable and most easy.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:07 AM   #37
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Here's a picture from the get together at the Edgar Cayce conference a few weeks ago: From left, Jim (Sunflower's husband), Sunfower, Cosmic Dancer and me). A nice conference of 40-50 people, met some old friends. The audience asked a lot of questions, and I did not finish the presentation within the allotted 75 minutes. It was an enjoyable day, with spiritual teachings and some nice messages.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #38
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Cosmic Dancer and I took a visit to a local commercial aquaponics company. His operation was quite impressive. In a greenhouse of 40' X 200', he was growing 40,000 lettuce plants and farming rainbow trouts (17 inch size), with product shipments on a weekly basis. The system looked pretty complex with computer control of the total environment from temp, humidity, and had separate hydroponic and fish tank control to maximize production.

The owner is available for design of a custom system or consulting. We would not need such an optimized system, so could be simpler, and grow different vegetable varieties. His website is at:

http://www.cultures-aquaponiques.com/
Old 12-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #39
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Hi,

It's be a while since I've posted any news on our community activities. There's been a lot of activities, so here's a quick update:

1. Presently we have a core group of 3 working full time involved in the community development activities.

2. We've been involved with discussions with the local town municipality as part of the process to obtain a building permit to start construction in the spring when the snow melts. We will need the town council to approve the project, so this process will take some time, as the council will not reconvene until after the holidays.

3. We went to the first conference on Quebec eco-communities where Diane Leafe Christian was the keynote speaker and the event also marked the first directory for such communities in Canada. There were from 175-200 participants present and the energies were very good. The overall impression was that there are a lot of local interest in eco-communities, but that the whole movement is in the early stages and there is a lot of work to be recognized to help such communities to be created (political and municipal recognition for such structures). Most of the people there were not so focused on the 2012 issues, but we got some interest from some people to join our community and have a follow up interview this weekend. Also the organisers want to form an inter-community group and we have expressed our interest to participate.

4. As far as promoting and recruiting members, we have placed our community information in a number of directories, and have got queries internationally from Europe and elsewhere, as well from some people we met from the Edgar Cayce conference last summer and local friends. i got a request to present 2012 information (as a result of the movie 2012 buzz) and possibly a follow up talk on preparation at my previous employer.

5. We are also working on our website. It has been delayed by the other activities, but we are making progress on it.

6. Just as a note of interest to a lot of people on this forum, i'm aware of a local developed product that will be coming out next year that will provide an "unlimited" source of energy via cold fusion.

7. There has been much synchronistic experiences that we've had, from getting tickets to the above conference after it was sold out, to meeting the proper people that have contributed to helping the community creation effort. It's really amazing to see so much local interest for community creation in this province.

Tags
meeting, montreal, quebec