Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 10-22-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Avoid Flu Shots With the One Vitamin that Will Stop Flu in Its Tracks

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...etter-way.aspx
snippet:
One credible hypothesis that explains the seasonal nature of flu is that influenza is a vitamin D deficiency disease.

Vitamin D levels in your blood fall to their lowest point during flu seasons. Unable to be protected by the body’s own antibiotics (antimicrobial peptides) that are released by vitamin D, a person with a low vitamin D blood level is more vulnerable to contracting colds, influenza, and other respiratory infections.

Studies show that children with rickets, a vitamin D-deficient skeletal disorder, suffer from frequent respiratory infections, and children exposed to sunlight are less likely to get a cold. The increased number of deaths that occur in winter, largely from pneumonia and cardiovascular diseases, are most likely due to vitamin D deficiency.

Unfortunately, now, for the first time, flu vaccination is also being pushed for virtually all children -- not just those under 5.

video and article on link above.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Default Re: Avoid Flu Shots With the One Vitamin that Will Stop Flu in Its Tracks

They keep running a advert on the tele pushing people to get vaccinated.
I'm trying to find a good source of Vit D in the UK, been into a couple of vit shops, one had a very week one and the other didn't even know you could buy it.
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:15 AM   #3
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Avoid Flu Shots With the One Vitamin that Will Stop Flu in Its Tracks

I have a 'swig' of cod liver oil every day fill my mouth half full with it-been doing this for nigh on 5 years now.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:37 PM   #4
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
I'm trying to find a good source of Vit D in the UK, been into a couple of vit shops, one had a very week one and the other didn't even know you could buy it.
Try a company / healing centre in London called the nutri-centre superb they do mail order too. They also have one of the best alternative bookshops I've ever seen. Superb.

They do some Vit D drops which my Dad was on when he was still alive. Excellent advice too.
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #5
elsinorelore
Avalon Senior Member

hey great to see the vitamin D topic again! I bought some derived from walnuts. Ive read alot of conflicting info about this topic, anyone with better knowledge about it would be greatly appreciated. One thing I read said you actually should be careful taking it in combination with other stuff, like magnesium for one. any more info on this from someone?????
elsinorelore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:02 PM   #6
MMe M
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsinorelore View Post
hey great to see the vitamin D topic again! I bought some derived from walnuts. Ive read alot of conflicting info about this topic, anyone with better knowledge about it would be greatly appreciated. One thing I read said you actually should be careful taking it in combination with other stuff, like magnesium for one. any more info on this from someone?????
What I read was (vitamin D) its best directly from the sun. Most above the equator dont get nearly enough.

Derived from walnuts sounds good! Natural is always best I think.
MMe M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:36 AM   #7
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
One thing I read said you actually should be careful taking it in combination with other stuff, like magnesium for one. any more info on this from someone?????
I tried looking this up, and found nothing to support it. I did find several sources that state you should always take D with calcium, as they work synergistically, and of course many calcium supplements also contain magnesium. I take both D3 (3000 IU daily) with calcium, and often take extra magnesium as well...but not generally at the same time. I like magnesium at night as it is a muscular relaxant and for us old folks, you can count on a good poop in the morning behind 1 gram of magnesium the night before.

There a couple kinds of D available. D2 is ergocalciferol, the kind we get from plants. D3 or cholecalciferol is what gets manufactured in the skin following exposure to the sun. The difference is that D2 must be processed through the liver and kidneys before it is active in metabolism. D3 is bioactive when ingested.

A partially disabled liver or gallbladder can interfere with vitamin D absorption, so there's one more reason to keep those organs in top condition.

whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:19 AM   #8
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Thought about getting a flu shot but then my mind backtracked to what I've read here at Avalon.

No flu shot BUT I am taking a multivitamin now. I can say that I haven't been sick for a while in general and as long as I stick to the multivitamin or perhaps experiment with other vitamins, I may be ok in the long run.

I really have been feeling very good the past week. More energy in general, though I really feel it when that natural energy wears out.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #9
elsinorelore
Avalon Senior Member

HEy Whitecrow, Thanks for that! I think its such an important topic. Ive seen many of your posts, and you seem to be very educated in this area! Im always looking for more info, about vitamins, and health related issues. Maybe you could start a thread with some general knowledge for some of us who dont know much, but need, want to learn more!!! I think this should be a more sought after topic! Like with the MMS thing! I think its a time people really need to start paying more attention to their health, and I, back to vit D topic, have started this! Can you suggest any routines for us to get started on the right track? You can help steer us who wish it, into the right direction? Many Thanks!
Old 10-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #10
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

I do get out in the sun every day but living in Canada I thought it best to get some Vitamin D3. What I found interesting was the fact that my doctor strongly recommended that I take only 400 IU daily. I should have asked for the reason. Next time...
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #11
Consciousness
Avalon Senior Member

Hi all,

Alternative health has been a milestone in my awakening process, although I am no expert on the subject of vitamins I do try to keep up with health related issues in general.

I came across this easy to read article on nutrients:

http://www.foresight-preconception.o...levitamins.htm

A great alternative health site with a free newsletter is www.wddty.com

I was unable to find confirmation on vitamin D being extracted from walnuts though, perhaps you have mixed up your vitamins elsinorelore?

Good thread

Namaste
Consciousness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:08 PM   #12
Leadman
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hi Swanny,
A link for you & anyone else in the U.K.
http://health-beauty.shop.ebay.co.uk...=p3286.c0.m282
Leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:15 PM   #13
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Thx Leadman
Old 10-25-2008, 05:27 PM   #14
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Make sure you get Vitamin D3 5000 IU

anything lower than D3 is not worth getting.

My dr put me on that and I got immediately relief from all the pain in throughout my body. I was diagnoxsed with RA, Fibro and Neuropathy. I have zero pain and I am ready to run marathons versus being beridden for over a year.

Vitamin D3 is truly wonderful
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:30 PM   #15
WineHippie

Last edited by WineHippie; 11-07-2008 at 05:32 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:42 PM   #16
Myra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
They're running it a lot here in the States too.
Myra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:33 PM   #17
elsinorelore
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for that Consciousness, I will look into it.(about the walnut oil) give me till Monday, things are closed here on Sunday. I could be wrong, but the pharmacist at the drugstore I went to translated it to me as being walnut oil derived. Either way, its a natural form of D3, and I do feel better now that I take it.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:40 PM   #18
alice goes nuts....
Avalon Senior Member

high doses og d vit and calcium is in animals given to produce calcifications in the bloodvessles, u should after what i know also take vitamin k to reduse the calcification....just google on vit k....and vit d is not a vitamin, it is a hormone.....

and it is true that tuberculosis was cured with sunlight because of the vit d production....and vit d is also good against other germs...
alice goes nuts.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #19
Chris1617
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Swanny,

Nature's Best stock Vit D. Here's there online link: http://www.naturesbest.co.uk/ not to be confused with http://www.naturesbest.com/ which I am unfamiliar with.

In their catalog NB they say most people should obtain all they need from the sun if they get outdoors and occasional sun exposure, and that if you're taking a multi vitamin of theirs you're probably covered. Normal recommended daily intake is 200iu. All of their multis contain at least that amount.

They have a 400iu which is for older people (whose bodies cannot produce so much) and those with particular concerns about bone health. It costs 4.95 pounds for 180 caps.

I've used NB for years and never had any problems. They are cheap, highest quality and have many clinical studies and papers to back up the recommended quantities of their products.

Best,

Chris
Chris1617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #20
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Thx Chris
Old 10-27-2008, 03:52 PM   #21
strayslack
Avalon Senior Member

If anyone can help me with this question, I'd appreciate it.
We have two year old twins who were born nearly 12 weeks premature, and as a result, our son was in the hospital for several months with lung issues. They are both, miraculously, very healthy now, but he is still more susceptible to respiratory infections than other children and the results of these have the potential to be very serious for him. I do not want to vaccinate my kids against the flu, so are there acceptable dosages of things like Vitamin D3 for children, especially ones that are as young as 2?
Thanks for any info. BluFire77?
strayslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:29 PM   #22
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Default heads up for Codex

As you're all on a thread about vitamins it is worth highlighting this to those unaware:

1 pager on CODEX:
http://www.anhcampaign.org/files/080...page-flyer.pdf

From here for more info:
http://www.anhcampaign.org/campaigns/codex

must get some drops myself...
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:40 PM   #23
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

vaccines are a nightmare..got to give your kid the mandatory vaccine shots otherwise they could get you for "manslaughter" if something happens and you refused the shot .
ok, then you ask for single shots instead of the 6in1..and all you get is..."don`t produce them any more..only got 6packs"...and you know what most others dont: "OMG! the 3in1 shots were already very bad and known to promote chronic illness and cancers"...but the 6in1 shots turn 50% of the children into hyperactive attention deficit syndrome wrecks too..so not only might quality time with the child disappear..the kid we`re supposed to love could turn into a nervewrecking little pinball..and most will just wonder: "what did i do wrong? i wasn`t like that!?!"..then stress and unhappiness increases...mix it all with the fear inducing reports about bird flu and the sorts..many will just go get a flu shot because the shellshocking has turned them into pop-zombies trying to shine amongst the "mainstream" folks because everything else in their lives has got no more "shine"..including their kids..how many already think: "maybe if i act normal they won`t think it`s my fault, that the child is like this"...?
it`s a doom loop called conformity which i believe is in some ways similar to corporate identity and fascism ... those in the "loop" will have no compassion or understanding for the "outsiders"....all of this is just another tool of the CODEX ALIMENTARIUS.

did i miss the point ?
capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote