Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 02-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
A New Hope
Avalon Senior Member

Default lucid dream How To?

I would like to try some lucid dreaming, but i know absolutely nothing about it. can some one please give me a lay mans instructions on how to do it Thanx.
A New Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
Seth Haniel
Avalon Senior Member

Location: Hartlepool England But Moving Shortly to Fauldhouse Scotland
Cool Re: lucid dream How To?

one tip I was given years back was from someone who had read Carlos Castanader books and said his method was that if in a dream you always tend to see ahead of you but not your own body - if you are able to raise your hand into view - the dream and conscious will then change rapidly.

Have used it a couple of times to great affect
Seth Haniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: lucid dream How To?

A prerequiste to lucid dreaming is having good dream recall.
You can program yourself to remember your dreams by stating to yourself prior to sleep that you will recall your dream. Do this for a solid week (maybe 2) and you will certainly begin to remember at least one dream in the morning.

When you wake up, it's recommended to not open the eyes and to lay still for a few minutes and the dream will come to mind. It's also good to note your mood, emotions, colors of objects & other surroundings and to jot these down in a journal.

My former husband declared (as many do) that he doesn't dream, which is just not true. He started to remember his dreams within 1 week.

After you have developed good dream recall, the next step is to insert the words "I will become aware, within my dream, that I am dreaming" prior to sleep. It is also recommended that you have some idea of where or what you would like to do when you become lucid. If you become lucid within a dream that is challenging or frightening, you can of course, Change the circumstances, take control to overcome whatever it is.

It takes practice to remain lucid within a dream, but, after some time, you will begin to have more and more control of the content within your dream, where the are NO limits as in 3D.

At one point, while I was practicing these methods, I crossed over into out-of-body experiences, that's a whole 'nuther subject. Now that I've become a bit more informed, I would use protection or shielding (the Maharic Shield would be good, Ashayana Deane's) every day & reinforce it prior to sleep, just anyway, whether or not you are lucid in the dreamworld/astral.

I am no expert at all, but I would not "play around" in the real/dream/or astral without shielding. Ask w/thankfuless for assistance from the Higher Realms, your Higher Self for direction and understanding.
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
A New Hope
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you Moxie Seth Haniel
Old 02-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #5
I_Am
Avalon Senior Member

I think that was me, Seth.
Visualize your hands is a really good practize to stop the dream and awake yourself in the dream reality.

Then...next practice is: Not to think. Try to stay...hmm...un-interested.

Your internal habit of thinking in words is connected to logics which binds us (or brings us back) to this, logical, reality. So, stay calm. Do not try to examine the awakened dream state.

An most important...be patient.

For most people, it will takes weeks and months and years just to begin controlling the hand vision.
Staying lucid awake is a good enough of an effort.

When you have come this far. You will know what to do next, and your shamanic teacher to be...has probably already found you.
I_Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
Freedom Fighter
Avalon Senior Member

One good way I found that worked for me and my friend was to get into a routine of asking yourself "am i awake" about every half hour.then when you are dreaming you should ask yourself this question to wich you will answer no, that's when you know you are dreaming and can take control.

If that wont work then try writing something on you hand and again get into the routine of of looking at it.if you do this in your dream when you look at the writing I wont make any sense and that's when you will realise you are dreaming.

Another thing I find when I'm dreaming is if I try to switch a light switch on nothing happens and I realise I'm dreaming, same with digital watches they make no sense.

Note: this might not work for you its just how I do it.
Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #7
Seth Haniel
Avalon Senior Member

Location: Hartlepool England But Moving Shortly to Fauldhouse Scotland
Cool Re: lucid dream How To?

last nights dream
in Egypt going through large cave/tunnel through mountain - was hearing a narative "the roof is safe" even though I was not thinking of it i could clearly hear my footsteps up the stone cut tunnel as I aproached the end Ithought was is ahead and the tunnel just finished at a void - nothing beyond edge of world??

The realism is what gets me
Seth Haniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:34 PM   #8
Swami
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A New Hope View Post
I would like to try some lucid dreaming, but i know absolutely nothing about it. can some one please give me a lay mans instructions on how to do it Thanx.
May be this helps you futher:
http://www.lucidity.com/

This book helped me futher in the process:
http://www.amazon.com/Lucid-Dreaming.../dp/0345333551
Swami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #9
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

Appart from good dream recall that can be achieved by making a point not to move once you have awaken until you have pulled the memories to the conscious mind (no alarm clocks here as they are disruptive) the other fascinating thing to do is:

From time to time during daytime make a little jump, if you do this for several weeks you will soon find yourself jumping in your dreams, it will be more like flying really, if you realize you are flying tell yourself you are in a dream and you can be or do what you want. It is amazing!

You can also say to yourself that you want to go to a precise location (be wise on what you choose there are lots or weird things on the astral) before you go to sleep. Or fall to sleep by projecting mentaly where you want to go. It works

Love
Should you choose I recomend the Maharic Shield prior to go to sleep for safety but it is up to you
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
A New Hope
Avalon Senior Member

last night i said to my self before i went to sleep, that i wanted to remember my dreams when i woke up. well it worked which was surprising considering it's the first time i have tried it (and encouraging) and i have all ways had very pore dream recall.but i made the mistake of moving when i woke up so most of it is gone now. any way thank you all for your help. oh and i would like to know more about the Maharic Shield thanx again every one
Old 02-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #11
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A New Hope View Post
oh and i would like to know more about the Maharic Shield thanx again every one
Here is a link http://www.azuritepress.com/techniques/essentials.html

Love
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #12
I_Am
Avalon Senior Member

Just to clear things up (and being a wise guy):

Lucid Dreaming has nothing to do with remember your dreams.
It has nothing to do with interpretating the symbolics in dreams.
Is is not about prophesies or dreams coming true.

Lucid Dreaming is the ability to enter a state of awakeness during sleep.
To wake up - and still be in the realm/the reality of the dream.

You may call it a shamanic reality. Another paradigm for experiencing the world.
There are many old (and new) drugs that induces (or mimics) this altered state of mind as well -peyote, psilophybe mushrooms, LSD etc. Although many old shamans regards using drugs as too random and energy consuming.

The drum voyage techniqe and all other shamanic trance inducing techniques are all aiming to put the seeker in such a state.

Learning to control it is a task of a lifetime.

But once you have just had even the tiniest true experience of lucid dreaming - you life and understanding of the world will never, ever be the same!
I_Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #13
Astra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
A prerequiste to lucid dreaming is having good dream recall.
You can program yourself to remember your dreams by stating to yourself prior to sleep that you will recall your dream.
After you have developed good dream recall, the next step is to insert the words "I will become aware, within my dream, that I am dreaming" prior to sleep.
It takes practice to remain lucid within a dream, but, after some time, you will begin to have more and more control of the content within your dream, where the are NO limits as in 3D.

At one point, while I was practicing these methods, I crossed over into out-of-body experiences, that's a whole 'nuther subject.
Yes, after experiencing and perfecting lucid dreaming, astral projection and out of body experiences could take you onto some very interesting journeys ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am View Post

Lucid Dreaming is the ability to enter a state of awakeness during sleep.To wake up - and still be in the realm/the reality of the dream.

Learning to control it is a task of a lifetime.

But once you have just had even the tiniest true experience of lucid dreaming - you life and understanding of the world will never, ever be the same!
You might want look into the work of Robert Bruce as well as Robert Monroe.

I really enjoyed techniques developed by Robert Bruce.

Here are some interesting links with a lot of information on lucid dreaming and much more...

http://www.dreamviews.com/

http://www.consciousdreaming.com/luc...-resources.htm -find free download !!!

http://www.iamluciddreaming.com/videos.php

To download interesting material:

http://www.torrentreactor.net/torren...tion-PDF's

Tibetan Buddhists and Bonpo were practicing a form of Dream Yoga held to maintain full waking consciousness while in the dream state. This system is extensively discussed and explained in the book "Dream Yoga and the Practice of Natural Light."

Be patient and dedicated ... also, don't forget to keep a journal ...

Enjoy ... and let us know about your "awakening in the dram"! Once you achieve this stage, who knows where your Soul will take you ...

I hope this was of help

in Lve and Light
Astra
Astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:26 PM   #14
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Ask you higher self a question before you go to bed and ask for the question to be answered in the form of a lucid dream. Then start learning as much as you can about archetypal symbology so that you can actually decipher the answers.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote