Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 04-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Default do you have a facebook profile

This is just a gentle reminder, probably been posted already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B37wW9CGWyY
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: do you have a facebook profile

I knew there was a reason I got a bad vibe about that site.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
I knew there was a reason I got a bad vibe about that site.
sorry..clue me in, please. i have a facebook profile, but can't watrch your videos due to my dialup.
i wish that people would quit using 'just videos' as posts. it is really unfair to people with dialup connections.
most rural dwellers in canada have dialup and you tube and the like are not accessible.
does everyone else in the world have high speed?

it is a common topic among canadian country people that we are not able to properly access the internet due to our slow connections.
rural canada and the north still have dialup.

Last edited by oldpaganfreak; 04-23-2009 at 03:51 PM.
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:21 PM   #4
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

I have a profile but the wife was not happy bout it argued with me to remove all our pictres ............. after 2 nights on the sofa i took em off

seems like I owe her an appology

nice one zeddo

dave caster
blastawaycas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #5
torz
Avalon Senior Member

~I have a facebook account and when i saw this months ago, I too got the "fear" and shut it down.... then I thought Feck it!!! big deal, what are they going to do to me.................

I don't give a ***** what they think or find, I have nothing to hide and I'm proud of the fact that I am WIDE AWAKE...
Don't let it worry you, we have enough to worry about as it is........
torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #6
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpaganfreak View Post
sorry..clue me in, please. i have a facebook profile, but can't watrch your videos due to my dialup.
i wish that people would quit using 'just videos' as posts. it is really unfair to people with dialup connections.
most rural dwellers in canada have dialup and you tube and the like are not accessible.
does everyone else in the world have high speed?

it is a common topic among canadian country people that we are not able to properly access the internet due to our slow connections.
rural canada and the north still have dialup.
Hi there PaganFreak

The topic is the rights claimed by facebook to harvest your private info and do with it what they will "in perpetuum (sp). It's about their link to the CIA and basically, it's an eye opener.

The thing with facebook is that it is constructed in such a way that the human quirk of wanting to stay in touch with friend and families such that you build a profile, add links etc etc on facebook and for military and covert ops to put the pieces together is all too simple.

At first I also put a bunch of pics up on there and felt really uneasy about it then took everything down. I also use a pseudonym on facebook, but as we all know, it is all too easy for anyone to link the real me to the pseudonym, therefore the best option, as loath as one is to admit it, is to stay off facebook completely.

Thanks for the reminder that there are people out there with dial-up. You have a valid gripe and in future I'll post the bones of the subject as well as the link.

Take care

Zedd
Old 04-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #7
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torz View Post
~I have a facebook account and when i saw this months ago, I too got the "fear" and shut it down.... then I thought Feck it!!! big deal, what are they going to do to me.................

I don't give a ***** what they think or find, I have nothing to hide and I'm proud of the fact that I am WIDE AWAKE...
Hey there Torz

That's a really healthy attitude. I have to admit to not getting in a panic and unsubscribing. The whole point of this is that one should excercise a little care in how they do things on there. It isn't a case of getting paranoid.

Cheers Mate
Old 04-23-2009, 09:14 PM   #8
Swanny
I dont need a label !

You can also use facebook to build a completely untrue image of yourself
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:35 PM   #9
judykott
Avalon Senior Member

When I first saw that a year ago, I almost deleted my profile but then the only way not to be tracked on a computer is not to use one. Easy for me to never miss having or using a TV or cell phone but I love my computer time. The use of Google tracks just as much if not more including all personal email and do not think that and other program is any better. They call it inter"net" for a reason. It was invented for military purposes(and not not by Al Gore) and that is still it's major function. All the hooplah about computer problems and hacking is just another smoke screen move to enact into law what they are already doing anyway, regardless of where you are on the internet.

Last edited by judykott; 04-23-2009 at 10:20 PM.
judykott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:03 PM   #10
judykott
Avalon Senior Member

judykott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:16 PM   #11
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddo View Post
Hi there PaganFreak
Thanks for the reminder that there are people out there with dial-up. You have a valid gripe and in future I'll post the bones of the subject as well as the link.

Take care

Zedd
thanks for the explanation, zedd, and for your kind thoughts.
i keep in touch with many friends, lots of former students, on facebook.
i think that the only thing they could find out, about me there, is that i'm a potsmoker. heck, everybody knows that anyways.

if i'm on lists 'to be watched', and i may well be, it's probably because i moderate a forum for queer anarchists and belong to whacko forums like avalon and astrovera. gosh, i hope nobody gets upset by that. i mean whacko in the nicest way. heck, i'm a self-proclaimed whacko myself.
peace, patrick
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:20 PM   #12
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpaganfreak View Post
thanks for the explanation, zedd, and for your kind thoughts.
i keep in touch with many friends, lots of former students, on facebook.
i think that the only thing they could find out, about me there, is that i'm a potsmoker. heck, everybody knows that anyways.

if i'm on lists 'to be watched', and i may well be, it's probably because i moderate a forum for queer anarchists and belong to whacko forums like avalon and astrovera. gosh, i hope nobody gets upset by that. i mean whacko in the nicest way. heck, i'm a self-proclaimed whacko myself.
peace, patrick
heh heh heh, You have to be whacko in this crazy world!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #13
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

What if they are mining all this data on us, so they can recreate our personality and place it in an android body to slowly replace us all???

ZOMG
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:34 AM   #14
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I have a profile but I really don't care what happens. If they want to use my information to try and sell me junk I don't need, I just recycle whatever **** ends up in my mailbox or delete it outright.

If the day comes, I'll just delete my profile.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #15
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

I want them to know I know.

Fu@& the man... Im right here!!! and I know!!! more and more each day. the more we know the more thay fear.. I say we all open up facebook. I have myspace. Im looking into facebook this weekend.
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:05 PM   #16
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judykott View Post
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #17
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: do you have a facebook profile

no ... no facebook profile here ... if i did ... i'd never get off this contraption ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:43 AM   #18
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default How to Delete a Facebook Account Permanently

How to Delete a Facebook Account Permanently
By eHow Internet Editor

Facebook makes it easy for users to deactivate their accounts, but that doesn't get rid of all of the user's personal information. Deactivated accounts are still saved on Facebook's servers, which includes, photos, friend lists and other personal information. If you want to truly leave Facebook to never go back again, you'll need your account deleted permanently. Follow these steps to have every trace of your Facebook existence wiped clean from the social network site.

Step 1
Delete everything out of your profile. Take down your pictures, delete you friends from your friends list, erase comments you've left for people and leave any networks or groups you have joined. Be sure to save your profile changes so they take effect and your Facebook page is virtually empty.

Step2
Send an email to privacy@facebook.com and ask that they permanently delete your account. Be sure you give your email address and put "Delete my account" in the subject line. Be clear that you want your account permanently deleted and not just deactivated.

Step 3
Wait to get an email response from Facebook confirming that your account has been permanently deleted. This should take a few days.

Step 4
If you don't hear back from Facebook within a week, email them again. Try emailing the same address you emailed in Step 2 again, as well as support@facebook.com and info@facebook.com.

Step 5
Attempt to log in to your account once you get an email from Facebook. If you're unable to log in and don't get a message asking you to reactivate your account, your Facebook account has been permanently deleted.

Source: http://www.ehow.com/how_2315204_dele...rmanently.html

No such thing as "deleted" on the Internet

Thu May 21, 2009 11:51AM EDT

It's always fun to write about research that you can actually try out for yourself.

Try this: Take a photo and upload it to Facebook, then after a day or so, note what the URL to the picture is (the actual photo, not the page on which the photo resides), and then delete it. Come back a month later and see if the link works. Chances are: It will.

Continues: http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/142366

Last edited by peaceandlove; 05-24-2009 at 03:49 AM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:08 AM   #19
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: do you have a facebook profile

I deleted my Myspace last week...

I would LOVE to delete my facebook, I really would. Its soooo annoying all the stupid requests.

But then how would I keep in touch with all my ex-girlfriends

No seriously it is the only way I can keep track of my extended family/ friends overseas, and I actually discovered some family I had never met and reunited with some old school buddies.

So as much as Facebook is evil and can and will be used for surveilance and covert machinations.

Unfortunately at the moment for me is one of those necessary evils... like the coke with my Jack Daniels.
Especially since I will be moving very soon to a location 2000kms from most of the people I know.

And Google...
Lets hope the Google employees take their motto seriously "Don't Be Evil"
especially with the immanent advent of 'Cloud Computing' which will change everything. All your personal files stored externally in giant football-field sized supercomputers.. so you can use a computer anywhere in the world, log in and have all your files accessible. This is only one of many applications of the technology.

Do you guys know that Larry and Sergei both married genetic scientists who have set up a DNA bank called "23 & Me" (23 cromosones in human DNA) which has frightening big brother implications.
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:11 AM   #20
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminari View Post
Do you guys know that Larry and Sergei both married genetic scientists who have set up a DNA bank called "23 & Me" (23 cromosones in human DNA) which has frightening big brother implications.
Hi Luminari

Thanks for that info on 23&me. Phew, now there is a scheme that will help them collect all the dna samples worldwide at the donors expense!!!!

Cheers

Z
Old 05-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #21
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

The PTB would dearly love the Majority of us to close down these accounts so there are fewer people waking up!! and less of us passing on the message... they are affraid..very afraid..and they have just woken up to the realisation that the internet could be there downfall...even one of the Rockerfella's not to long ago was whining about the web!!...if they could they would close it down...But I'm affraid they are all sinking, sinking , and sinking!!! TRUTH WILL PREVAIL AND THE LIGHT SHALL SHINE THROUGH.

The web is our weapon to defeat the Evils of this Planet.

JUST KEEP WAKING UP THE MASSES...

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote