Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

View Poll Results: What shall happen to the Avalon Forum?
Bring it back to the original state 47 47.00%
The alterations are OK 50 50.00%
Let it die 3 3.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2008, 06:26 AM   #1
King Lear
Avalon Senior Member

Default Bring back avalon to the original state - please!!!

I urge you knights of Avalon,
bring back the Avalon Forum to its original state!

Otherwise I fear, it will die.
After only 2 weeks.

Before it was a maket place of ideas, information and inspring discussions and now it's like a ghost town.

Many members already posted that they want to delete their account, leave the forum or don't post any new information anymore.

It's ridiculous that so many interesting and well visited threads are now closed - "read only"

Don't kill your own child Avalonists!!!
Bring it back to the original state!

Last edited by King Lear; 09-24-2008 at 06:29 AM.
King Lear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:33 AM   #2
Racsouran
Banned

Default Re: Bring back avalon to the original state - please!!!

Some threads i posted wen deleted....

so what they do expect on how people have to talk?, only on a superinformed and supermature level?. Im far from that level of seriousness.

At least this exposes the forum and the creators for what they are. Indeed, only for that fact, your request, King Lear, ends up being a ridiculous waste of time, more than probably.
Racsouran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:13 AM   #3
empathy
Avalon Senior Member

This forum is what it is and remains to be.

The people who want to know, will know.

It is something I am beginning to understand now... Places like this can only exist for short bursts.

People will continue to flow through it like liquid. And you have to take it in stride. The focus should be on ground crew networking. If we don't get it together soon, this whole thing will have great and all... But it will not have achieved it's mission.

So start making friends and play nice!
empathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #4
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

This forum is unique. There were well over 2,000 members in just a couple of weeks. It's not going anywhere until the internet is shut down. Count on it.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:09 AM   #5
STARCHILD
Retired Avalon Member

I really like the new-look Project Avalon.
And look very much forward to some really positive communication and exchanges with my fellow 'Ground Crew' members x
The new-look is very clear, precise and has a very 'welcoming' energy.
Go ground Crew!
I am really looking forward to the Miriam delicado interview!
In Grattitude,unity and an
abundance of love,
I hope the sun is shining on you all where ever you may be x
Starchild x

Last edited by STARCHILD; 09-24-2008 at 08:21 AM.
STARCHILD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:16 AM   #6
elias
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Bring back avalon to the original state - please!!!

This is OK, everybody can start a new thread ...
I see no problem.
elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:19 AM   #7
mikey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARCHILD View Post
I really like the new-look Project Avalon.
And look very much forward to some really positive communication and exchanges with my fellow 'Ground Crew' members x
The new-look is very clear, precise and has a very 'welcoming' energy.
Go ground Crew!
In Grattitude,unity and an abundance of love,
I hope the sun is shining on you all where ever you may be x
Starchild x
I agree...good work Bill, Kerry and the mods....

Somewhat off topic...do the mods go around chanting 'we are the mods, we are the mods, we are we are we are the mods'...like in Quadrophenia?! I welcome replies....

peace and love

bananaman
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:29 AM   #8
arcora
Banned

No offense intended.

But why would I want to be in a 'ground crew' community where I was told what I could and couldn't discuss by 'elite' members of said community?

Isn't this the same thing we're fighting now?

If this forum is to be about building communities and survival - there are better forums on the net with some experienced folk who know exactly how to do such things.

If it is to help people understand what is happening, what is coming, what is changing and how best to deal with it (including an option for some to join a community) then it needs to have freely flowing thoughts, ideas and opinions.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:33 AM   #9
lohiaaditya
Avalon Senior Member

Its great that people want to be innovative and keep unnecessary threads out of the way and I appreciate their thought. But I just feel that it getting way too controlled. I like the intentions but sometimes like government intervention in markets, the interventions don't really lead to the desired outcome.

That was my two cents.
lohiaaditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:46 AM   #10
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypierce2008 View Post

I would imagine that this would get rid of a lot of the time wasters that seem to flock to forums like this. kinda like moths to a light bulb.

Just some of my thoughts, you got any negative vibes, keep them to yourself people.

Why should we? What gives you or anyone the right to stop somebody else saying how they feel.....?

Negative emotions are part of being human. Asking people to deny & not post them is asking them to deny a part of what makes them human.

Time wasters?. You simply cannot generalise like that . Just becuase someone may disagree with something, it does not mean they are a time waster. Lets make a deal, when you stop generlising, I will stop "time wasting".

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND about creating a radiant zone but not at the cost of my opinion, (whatever it may be) and free speech.

Yes, this has been a rocky start, but lest not make hasty decisions that we may regret later.

For the record I think Bill & Kerry & the Mods have done a great job with a difficult situation but I think maybe Its very close to crossing the line of free speech.

Love & light to all.

Last edited by EYES WIDE OPEN; 09-24-2008 at 08:49 AM.
EYES WIDE OPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:57 AM   #11
Gifts
Avalon Senior Member

I had only just got to register and do one post, when suddenly it all disappeared. I don't know what it originally was or what its meant to be now - i just know what i felt when i found this forum.

I joined because i wanted to talk to someone that i felt very drawn too - very big surprise to have it all disappear.

I dont want to live in a world where elite say what is or what is not and some of the posts i have read imply that that is how this forum is -----

do i belong here now - do i share knowledge that i have or do i quietly just leave

lol time will tell
Gifts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #12
Sanat
Avalon Senior Member

Yea, I must say I agree with King Lear. The pruning etc. has not made it any better. It has only made people confused and sad that so many good threads suddenly are gone. Coming back here now feels like coming back to your house after a serious Swat team shakedown... With so many members it will be very hard to keep a pruning policy like this. We should find some other solution to this... There are a lot of creative people here...Let see what we can come up with!

For example: Put all threads that ARE in fact "off-topic" into the off-topic section. This would clean up the other topics if done properly and also leave room for discussion of anything. Perhaps also merge threads together like the 14 october threads. Make em all into one big thread. I see that many good threads on 14 october seems to have disappeared. This is not good as many people are naturally wondering about this and want to discuss it (no matter if you "believe in it" or not)...

Last edited by Sanat; 09-24-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Sanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #13
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypierce2008 View Post
That was not my intent, and yes I was abrupt! All I was saying is that people are starting to make threads that have NOTHING to do with the intent behind Project Avalon.
The intent here should be for the greater good of everyone.

The forum was doing a fantastic job before, and i assure you that much more people want it back the way it was then want to keep it as it is now.

I for one think this forum has completely lost its spirit and its connection with the people.

Project camelot was serving an excelent purpose, so why do we need this forum to serve the same purpose? Its just distancing the public when it should be bringing us together. And it most definitly was bringing us together before these changes.

Please bring it back to its original state, it was doing a fantastic job of serving a purpose which may not have been the original intent but had turned out to be very constructive and extremely valuable.

There are much better ways of moderating this forum. By keeping the energy high and making sure everyone has a mutual respect for one another is enough to keep it going in the right direction.

Peace and best wishes

[edit] - Its really not what i want to do, but i will leave this forum if it is left as it is now. This is not to show any disrespect to Bill, Kerry and the moderation team but i feel that it has lost the purpose that i it was so importantly serving well.

Your friend, infinity.

Last edited by 2infinityandbeyond; 09-24-2008 at 09:05 AM.
2infinityandbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:07 AM   #14
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Since ive joined here i have directed seven people to this forum.

5 of those people are no longer interested in it, whilst my sister said that she finds it to confusing and 'segragated' now.

This is just an example of what will happen on a bigger scale.
2infinityandbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:13 AM   #15
Mark
Avalon Senior Member

Where have all the ufo's gone? That's part of everything thinking forwardly. Feel censored...but we don't own the site...
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:19 AM   #16
T.C
Avalon Senior Member

I believe the decisions made to focus this web site as it was originally intended is appropriate. I understand that many people would like to post 'related' information however if the intent of "Project Avalon" is to be brought to fruition we need to FOCUS. And focusing means specificity, i.e concentrating on the most relevant information to maximize the likelihood of meeting the goals of Project Avalon.

If people like to discuss paranormal/conspiracy issues there are plenty of other websites that will cater for them, e.g http://www.godlikeproductions.com or http://www.abovetopsecret.com/ (Mr. Lear may not agree ) to name a few.

Thanks Bill and Kerry for providing the Project Avalon forum. Many of us really appreciate your efforts!

T.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:22 AM   #17
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Changes

One of the hardest 'things' to get used to.
And when you finally do, 'things' change again.

Go with the flow people.... Stream upwards we have already been.

I missed my choice for the poll.. "I don't care", so I didn't vote.
The thread I was in communicating with someone, I ended by private message.

Changes -> Turning In -> http://www.osho.com/magazine/tarot/T...?All=Yes&Nr=52
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:27 AM   #18
RSF
Avalon Senior Member

PA threads look lean in that there's much less jumble, I like that. Though I regret any actions on threads I frequented, I realize something needed to be done. Perhap's in time some of those threads may be permitted to reopen.
RSF
RSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #19
Mark
Avalon Senior Member

Ok, how do I put this.

The site is owned so that gives the owners the power to put on site what they want, yes? But that also deletes the reason for this site, doesn't it?

I've not come across any hassle here, just love, ideas and some every good ones also. This site is to show different ideas for our future whatever that maybe, so doesn't that make everyones point of view valid?

Billy and Kerry interview a lot of poeple that have worked with ET's and the like, but for some reason I can't find that section anymore - my be my poor computer skills, I don't know. But aren't the influence of ET's all part of our future?

The 14-10-2008 might well all be rubbish, but it is something for us to believe in as something that might happen and, well, basically make this site redundent, yes?

I want the orginal site back bacause it was more open and full of more ideas for our futures - the purpose of the site. Having it changed like it as been is really just like 'mass media' cencoring that they show and really, sorry to say it, is no different to them, if we can only say a few things and not everything we feel about future and the way we want it to go.

I love what Bill and Kerry have brought us, but feel that this site has been slimmed down more because they are understaffed or other reasons I know nothing about. Just my feelings.

All ideas are valid - the power of thought and from something small - maybe a silly idea - greatness can come.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #20
Mark
Avalon Senior Member

RSf - have we got time though?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:52 AM   #21
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

I personally would like it as it was. With a the UFO and the off topic back.

The high percentage of UFO discussions on camelot means this is an important topic. Those that are not interested can not enter that section…

Off topic is essential also I feel. Also it allows any topic which is not on track for the section to be moved to here with an polite explanation of why by the moderators.

A polite nudge for anyone with being too negative was also happening within the threads by the other posters.

I personally would like one forum to look at rather than multiple ones and also felt cut off for the period it was down.

I don't feel heavy handed modding or 'topics to be discussed elsewhere' is the correct route for the forum as it should be 100% openess for the good and light.

For me Spirituality and Finances section were my most viewed sections as without me being 'open' and 'stable' how can I help others...

my 2c or 2p worth...
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #22
Chinderland
Avalon Senior Member

Where are all the threads under John Lear part of Camelot forum?? I thought they are at least available as read-only?

I was reading one thread that has 12 pages, but only managed to reach page 10 when the maintanence began.

Now there is only one "Welcome" thread in the John Lear forum. Wish the threads would come back. There was lots of fantastic information from John Lear himself ...
Chinderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #23
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

In my opinion calling for quantity is NOT bringing more quality.

With Mercury retrograde it is good and wise to backtrack and reconsider descisions and actions.Review information and thoughtprocessing.

The forum and the mods are doing that and so should we all.

It will strengthen the abilities we all need to transistion the shift that is currently manifesting itself towards a Radiant Zone.

Be well,
Zjen

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:00 PM   #24
Tuza

I don't know how you are all going to get along out in the wilds of nowhere, pitching in and doing stuff if you cannot even agree what form this forum takes. Your not doing anything yet, but logging in, gettin free help, exchanging valid and important information and because a change was made there is an uproar. You should be glad we have got it al all and there are people who are volunteering to assist. Picky.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:14 PM   #25
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year

- Its really not what i want to do, but i will leave this forum if it is left as it is now. This is not to show any disrespect to Bill, Kerry and the moderation team but i feel that it has lost the purpose that i it was so importantly serving well. QUOTE

2Infinityandbeyond...re above statement....I am sorry you feel like this. I hope you will give the site a chance to 'settle down' again and reconsider leaving. From what I have seen of your posts you have contributed alot of good stuff... It seems a shame.

However, it is your right to state your feelings and act accordingly....
#
I am sure you must be aware that the decision to change format was VERY HARD, AND NOT TAKEN LIGHTLY!! Of course, it was anticipated that a percentage of members would have their feathers 'ruffled' and some objection would take place ( and some would leave) ...However, as a follower of Camelot, you will know that both Bill and Kerry are people of highest integrity, and they would NOT make this decision if there wasnt urgent need to.

I do hope that people on the forum will be able to move forward, onwards and upwards with collectively helping and supporting each other through what appears to be imminent MAJOR changes about to happen globally...

Regardless of our differences, we NEED each other....
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL...

whatever you decide, I wish you all the best

peace n light
kate

Last edited by Kate; 09-24-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote