Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 04-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #1
Dakini
Avalon Senior Member

Default Brown Seaweed (Ecklonia cava) speeds weight loss and support overall health

Read all about it in my April 2009 Newsletter

Compounds in Ecklonia cava have been found to support weight loss, the cardiovascular system, brain, and overall health. May also assist with Fibromyalgia.

Find out how to order M. Kelley Hunter's New Book, Living Lilith: Four Dimensions of the Cosmic Feminine.

Enjoy!
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:11 AM   #2
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Brown Seaweed (Ecklonia cava) speeds weight loss and support overall health

thanks for posting. im looking for a good source of kelp. and identify local species that have same properties. I know it has like over 10x the minerals than any land plant. and growth properties. for healing. good stuff..
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:18 AM   #3
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Brown Seaweed (Ecklonia cava) speeds weight loss and support overall health

we get a lot of it up here.
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
Dakini
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagon View Post
thanks for posting. im looking for a good source of kelp. and identify local species that have same properties. I know it has like over 10x the minerals than any land plant. and growth properties. for healing. good stuff..
A good retail source of Kelp (Granules) is called Sea Seasonings Organic Kelp by Main Coast Sea Vegetables.

Half a teaspoon of this contains 40 times the RDA requirement. The body will safely excrete what it does not need in the urine and will not harm. Low Sodium - 100% of the iodine needed for your health.

My recent studies of kelp and the thyroid have shown that iodine will "kick off" any 'toxins' that are attached to the receptor sites on the thyroid gland.
There are 4 receptor sites - so if they are unblocked, the gland can then begin to receive what it needs to function properly. When one gland is off, the rest will be unbalanced in some fashion.

I use it on salads - be careful on a romantic date - the stuff really sticks to your teeth !
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
eurosceptic
Avalon Senior Member

thanks a lot for posting this. I'm just learning about goosegrass and netttle at the moment - usually thought of as 'weeds' as they are in many parts- but they are also very very very beneficial! As are many so-called 'weeds'!! including things like Dandelion etc. I am lucky enough to have all three growing all around where I live at the moment.

Last edited by eurosceptic; 04-16-2009 at 07:17 PM.
eurosceptic is offline   Reply With Quote