Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
pilot
Avalon Senior Member

Default Circular Breathing aka Rebirthing

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if any of you have done rebirthing and what you took away from it. I had 3 sessions with a very lovely rebirther in NYC a few years ago, and it was a very powerful experience each time. The whole theory of breath being the only auto function that we can easily control and what it can do to our connection to the emotional body is very interesting. I've been reading this book called "Breathing" by Michal Sky and it has inspired me to continue with the work on my own, I don't know any practitioners around here where I live now.

I'd love to hear some of your thoughts.
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:59 AM   #2
Rebecca2
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Circular Breathing aka Rebirthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot View Post
Hi Everyone,
I've been reading this book called "Breathing" by Michal Sky and it has inspired me to continue with the work on my own,
I'd love to hear some of your thoughts.
Hi, Pilot,
In the mid 80's I experienced several individual rebirthing sessions with a teacher. Then I attended group sessions with as many as 100 participants at a training with Sondra Ray.
For several years I would meet once a week with a few local people to do what we called "conscious breathing." ( I didn't like the expectations created by the word "rebirthing.") We would lie in a circle with our heads in the center and do the technique, then discuss our experiences afterwards.
IMO the breathing techniqe is one of the most powerful, rejuvenating, releasing techniques available. I had done TM for many years, and my TM "experiences" paled in comparison. Nowdays I do shortened versions before I sleep at night, or at work to help stay centered.
I miss the groups; it helped prevent us drifting to sleep to avoid issues! ;-) Rebecca ( in Indiana)
Rebecca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:16 AM   #3
pilot
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your response, I have to agree that it is very powerful, and in the second session I had, I had to fight to keep from phasing out-the practitioner said she went through that so bad that she had to be submerged in cold water with a snorkeling pipe - just to stay awake!

I never wanted to do that, I really don't like cold water!!

It only happened that one time that I kept falling asleep, later some very healing sort of visions occurred and it was, to me, the most immediate and powerful therapeutic technique I ever experienced.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:46 AM   #4
whitefluffy
Avalon Senior Member

hi pilot,

i have been meaning to respond to this thread since you posted it, but could talk for hours about my experiences with a rebirthing practioner. I wasnt sure where to start, suffice to say my expereinces were transformative and really opened up a whole new area of life for me, in addition to relieving long held emotional traumas and releasing physical blocks. Like rebecca i usually practise a shortened version at night b4 going to sleep, its seems to very healing done this way. have a lot more to say about my sessions with the rebirther if you're interested.
whitefluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:40 AM   #5
pilot
Avalon Senior Member

Sure I'm interested! Share whatever you feel comfortable with! I moved away from the practitioner I went to, on my own I don't reach those levels of intensity, which I guess is a good thing.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #6
nameless
Avalon Senior Member

What is rebirthing?

On a random note, you have to breath circularly to play the digereedoo. Is there any connection or meaning in this with playing this sacared instrument? dunno, maybe you guys know something about that?
nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #7
pilot
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post
What is rebirthing?

On a random note, you have to breath circularly to play the digereedoo. Is there any connection or meaning in this with playing this sacared instrument? dunno, maybe you guys know something about that?
The easiest way to explain it I think is just "hyperventilating" but in a controlled, intentional way.

That is interesting about the digereedoo, never heard that.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #8
whitefluffy
Avalon Senior Member

interesting nameless,
you may very well be right, as i understand it, only certain initiated men are traditionally allowed to play the didj, that would be the reason, sacred, restricted knowledge and the breathing would be why as with "rebirthing" it can take you out of this world, so to speak, the shamanic experience i guess.
"rebirthing" is a breathing technique, i was never sure that i was doing it quite right, nevertheless had some amazing experiences with it. Connected breathing is another name for it. James from Wingmakers talks about the quantum breath, slightly different approach.
The ayurvedic tradition also teaches breathing from the diaphragm instead of the shallow breathing we all normally engage in, in fact we breathe back to front, thats probably why singing and laughing are also good for the health, because it forces you to breathe properly, apart from the fact that both activities also release endorphins. i think it has to do with using the correct muscles to properly oxygenate the blood and releasing the pharmacy of chemicals from the brain.

sorry, pilot haven't quite got to asnwering you yet, i'll get there eventually, bear with me!

p.s. its taken days just to find this thread again, was searching the wrong forums!

Last edited by whitefluffy; 01-29-2010 at 04:16 PM.
whitefluffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breathing rebirthing