Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
Mystery
Avalon Senior Member

Default Congrats on killing this forum!

Hi all!

I just joined up here, and this is my first post. I was surprised to get a mail saying it's being turned into a subscription site within 24 hours, so I guess this is going to be my last post as well as my first!

Pity though. I had so much I wanted to talk about, but there's no way I'm going to join a closed society. It's just not in my character.

Oh, well, I guess I might be seeing some of you guys and gals around somewhere else.

Bye all!
Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
idunno
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Congrats on killing this forum!

why.. thank ye...
nasa.gov/2 Mr-ion
if so.. btw..free: 15 minutes
****** @ Genius
!

Last edited by idunno; 12-13-2008 at 09:37 PM.
idunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
Ready2BPeaceful
Avalon Senior Member

I don't think asking us to pay what we can so that this forum can continue is unreasonable. What Bill and Kerry and all the Moderators do costs money. I am so grateful for this forum and the collective knowledge and research of all it's members. I have learned so much as I try to be as prepared as possible for the future.

Project Camelot and Project Avalon is what Bill and Kerry "do". They aren't asking for a salary but funds to continue their work. The rest of us get a pay check when we work.

This is my opinion and is meant as support for what we all have available to us here not as a criticism.

Love and Peace to All!

Ready2BPeaceful
Ready2BPeaceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:12 PM   #4
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Thank you so much for your support!

Quote:I don't think asking us to pay what we can so that this forum can continue is unreasonable. What Bill and Kerry and all the Moderators do costs money. I am so grateful for this forum and the collective knowledge and research of all it's members. I have learned so much as I try to be as prepared as possible for the future. Project Camelot and Project Avalon is what Bill and Kerry "do". They aren't asking for a salary but funds to continue their work. The rest of us get a pay check when we work. This is my opinion and is meant as support for what we all have available to us here not as a criticism. Love and Peace to All! Ready2BPeaceful

Last edited by Karen; 12-13-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:32 PM   #5
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Hi all!

I just joined up here, and this is my first post. I was surprised to get a mail saying it's being turned into a subscription site within 24 hours, so I guess this is going to be my last post as well as my first!

Pity though. I had so much I wanted to talk about, but there's no way I'm going to join a closed society. It's just not in my character.

Oh, well, I guess I might be seeing some of you guys and gals around somewhere else.

Bye all!
sorry your stay was short lived ...

there are many uncertainties in this world, one thing for certain is there must always be free will ...

with free will comes respect and i respect your choice as BEing true and right for you ...

be well
futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #6
Bobcat
Avalon Senior Member

Karen, nice sarcarstic answer m8, what happend to peace and love ?
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:44 PM   #7
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
I try not to do sarcasm. It does not become me. That reply was to Ready2BPeaceful. Post edited to reflect who/what I am replying to.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:46 PM   #8
Koyaanisqatsi
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
i thought the same thing too but then i realized that perhaps she was referring to the poster immediately above her
Koyaanisqatsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:46 PM   #9
Baggywrinkle

Quote:

Those who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do some work are welcome to stay. Others who stand on the sidelines and make jackass comments are welcome to leave. Am I too subtle?

Peace and love
Old 12-13-2008, 10:47 PM   #10
Koyaanisqatsi
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
I try not to do sarcasm. It does not become me. That reply was to Ready2BPeaceful. Post edited to reflect who/what I am replying to.

i was a lil late there
Koyaanisqatsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:10 AM   #11
Lady of Light
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hi all!

Bye all!
There is no reason to completely leave any of these sites as long as you can still read the information and pass it along. I personally feel that the whole subscription thing could've been avoided and I won't be subscribing. However, there are many alternative sites out there. Some that have been there for a while, and some that are just now popping up. I feel there is no need to stick to just 1 site. Spread yourself around along with the information gathered from all these many sites. That's what I do. Although I won't be able to post on here anymore, I can still gather information and spread it to others via other websites/forums.

You have to think of these sites as billboards. Would you put up just 1? Or would you put up many throughout the city/town?

Go in love and light!

Lady of Light
Lady of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 06:22 AM   #12
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

Dear Lady of Light, I will subscribe in order to continue on this forum, even though i'm mainly a "lurker" anyway. I believe strongly in what PC and Avalon are doing and have contributed to the PC cause, even though i know many can't go that far. I have gained immensely from the discovery of this forum.

As David Wilcock once said though, what you give out you will get back if you think positively.

As a matter of interest however, as there any site which genuinely are as informative and well laid out as this forum where you don't have to subscibe? I'm sure PA and PC won't mind you telling me.
piers2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 06:29 AM   #13
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

I don't understand what the problem is...it's the price of a latte vente for one month, and less fattening
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 06:56 AM   #14
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hi all!

Bye all!
There is no way that this forum is killed by paying five dollars a month subscription. The information is too valuable, and the connections of people from all around the world is too valuable. There is also no way that the organisers of this forum should be losing money to bring this fabulous information to us. They are to be applauded for their magnanimous generosity for bringing it to us(the information) without charging us anything up till now. Get off the grass, you'd probabley pay more for a round of drinks at the pub and think nothing of it.
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:06 PM   #15
WalkingTurtle
Avalon Senior Member

Yepp, still here!
WalkingTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #16
Lady of Light
Avalon Senior Member

I love Bill and Kerry and all that they have done. If I could support them, I would. I really, do not have the funds to do so. I can barely survive as it is. There is no room for extra anything in my life at this moment. I barely have time to sit here and do things like this, but I do feel that is important to do so. But by saying that this is the only site with the amount of information available, and keeping it that way, is a very bold statement that shows how blind you truly are.

If getting information out to people to awaken them is so important, why stick to only one place? I'm sure that Bill and Kerry are glad there are other places out there to help them spread the news and info on these subjects.

I agree that there is lots of info here, and project camelot/avalon has done a ton of work in getting people informed and wakened, but, we need to get as many people going as we can, and that's why I say, spread out and get the word out. We need to enlighten people, and anyone who will say avalon is the only place to do this, is blind and not actually enlightening themselves because they are being quite selfish. I am a member of many of these forums. I gather information, good and bad, and share with everyone I know.

If I ONLY got my information from avalon, I would be missing a lot of the puzzle pieces.

Go with love and light and spread the word.

Lady of Light
Lady of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #17
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
I don't understand what the problem is...it's the price of a latte vente for one month, and less fattening
funny, this was my initial thought too, but here it is the price of a latte grande

but in truth, i know there are many people who do not have the budget to even step into one of these coffee places

yet alternative options of maintaining to stay on avalon have been outlined for us numerous times, if continuing truly resonates within our selves then we would let our ego take a short pause and take advantage of one of the other options

it is in the exchange of energy of this forum that awakens our own selves and raises the vibration in this world ...

it is all about the energy
futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:37 PM   #18
sno dome
Avalon Senior Member

i suggest using a less bloated forum software (reddit is open source) to allay some of the fees. if it is bandwidth that is costing the money then take a look at how much unnecessary nonsense you are pushing to users.

second, use advertising. google trends. putting the cost on users is really not the most potent strategy as you are potentially isolating good information.

all in my humble opinion of course.
sno dome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:07 PM   #19
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Hey..........Hello everyone! It is so nice to talk with all of you again!

Whoa! I love you guys!

It's snowing here in Chicago! A beautiful, quiet snow.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!

In Love & Light
TruthWillSetUFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:43 PM   #20
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggywrinkle View Post
Those who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do some work are welcome to stay. Others who stand on the sidelines and make jackass comments are welcome to leave. Am I too subtle?

Peace and love
You are simply right!
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:47 PM   #21
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthWillSetUFree View Post
Hey..........Hello everyone! It is so nice to talk with all of you again!

Whoa! I love you guys!

It's snowing here in Chicago! A beautiful, quiet snow.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!

In Love & Light
Send some of that snow to Poland ( but only the quiet type ). Not even a snowflake here. It would be nice to have some of that white stuff for Christmas.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:16 PM   #22
stiros
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
....... but there's no way I'm going to join a closed society. It's just not in my character. .......
I do not consider Project Avalon as a closed society, nearly everything seems to be open.
Everything costs money, and it has to be financed in some way.
stiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:03 AM   #23
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno dome View Post
i suggest using a less bloated forum software (reddit is open source) to allay some of the fees. if it is bandwidth that is costing the money then take a look at how much unnecessary nonsense you are pushing to users.

second, use advertising. google trends. putting the cost on users is really not the most potent strategy as you are potentially isolating good information.

all in my humble opinion of course.
No, no you must not have read much about this. Forum costs are minimal. The subscription fee here is to cover the cost of continuing the work of Camelot interviews which has all been free to everyone since day 1. They used their own money, now have a big credit card bill, and would still like to continue their work. From what I saw Bill post I think they abhor advertising at that has zero chance to fly.

They want to keep all the information free and from day one of this forum it was presented to the public that it would be subscriptions based to post - not to read or gather information.

Use the advanced search feature and go back over Bill and Kerry's posts about this. many people do not agree with the subscription fee, but since when have you got 100% agreement on ANY topic amongst the humans? The ones who are left here are in agreement - and that's an improvement over what it was there for a while.

Karen
Old 12-17-2008, 05:55 AM   #24
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

This is simply an effort to survive. It costs money for equipment, travel, lodging, food...and just to stay alive! $5/mo is not a lot...and there is the $1/mo option. It seems to be easier to make money doing the wrong thing(just ask the Rothschilds!) than it is to make money doing the right thing(just ask Bill and Kerry!) To me, one of the biggest challenges for planet earth, is how can the 'good-guys' make more money than the 'bad-guys'? My answer is that 'Responsible Greed is Good and Irresponsible Greed is Bad'. The 'good-guys should make the big-bucks...and the 'bad-guys' should be in prison, and their mansions and Ferraris auctioned off, with the proceeds going to worthy charities. Obviously this is a hard sell, and will take time to implement. In the meantime...log-on to PayPal!

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 05-28-2009 at 12:11 AM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote