Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-25-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
Merlyn
Avalon Senior Member

Default World Stock Markets closing for more than a week

=
=

Quote:
Prof Roubini said he would not be surprised if the US and other countries soon had to close their stock markets for more than a week to halt descent into "sheer panic".

the economist warned that the world is heading for a protracted recession that will end the US’s financial dominance.

"It’s the beginning of the decline of the US financial empire. The Great Depression ended in a massive war. I hope that’s not going to happen

but it’s pretty ugly now," Prof Roubini said.
More at this Link:
http://www.pyrabang.com/contentedito...al-crisis.html

=
=
Merlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: World Stock Markets closing for more than a week

I hope that there will not be war, this is very worrying.
It does seem to point to all these scenarios.
We will all have to wait with bated breath and see what is coming round the corner.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
mmerlinn
Avalon Senior Member

Historically major economic upheavals always result in war.

So count on it. It will happen.
mmerlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:02 PM   #4
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmerlinn View Post
First I reject and counter that notion totally.

Do you have any knowledge of the power of your words? If so, you might want to be more careful with them. If not, perhaps you might like to have a read of the new paradigm material over in the spirituality forum.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:17 PM   #5
Mikill
Project Avalon Member

I have to agree completely with Mmerlin.It's a done deal.The stage we are in is the Economic part of the war.We (USA) did the same thing to USSR back in the 80's resulting in their collapse.The difference here is that we took advantage of it by moving in capitalism and MCDonalds ect.They will move in tanks and troops.
The parrallels are oddly familiar.They were being bled dry in Afghanistan during the 80's in a war of attrition they couldn't win.We are doing way more spending then they did for our adventures into Iraq and Afghanistan.PLUS,we are getting hammered by natural disasters which are expensive to fix.Even if nothing else goes wrong, our leadership sucks and will suck into the future.The damage has pretty much been done.The enemies of the free world are sitting back and letting us die from self-inflicted gunshot wounds.They will then stomp on our corpse when they feel the time is right for them to strike.
I can sympathize with a lot of people's attitudes who want to remain positive and call people like me fear - mongers and negative.But, im only stating the truth.If you don't like it then maybe you are either naive or living in a fantasy world.As far as a paradigm shift occuring in here or anywhere for that matter,there is always the problem with too little too late.The wake up needed to happen years ago,not a few months away from a complete collapse of the world as you know it.It's merely a case of CONSEQUENCES for decades of mistakes that had no immediate reprocussions.NOW the reprocussions come and everyone is all gung ho about changing their ways and telling everyone to wake-up.TOO LATE....
Mikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:11 PM   #6
Merlyn
Avalon Senior Member

=
=

Another warning...

Quote:
Winton's Harding `Worries' About Exchange Shutdowns, Holds Cash
By Tom Cahill

Oct. 24 (Bloomberg) -- David Harding, founder of $15.5 billion Winton Capital Management LLC, said he is holding more cash on the possibility that exchanges may be closed.

``The thing I worry about is they shut exchanges,'' Harding said at the Hedge 2008 conference in London yesterday. ``If at all possible, I don't want to be exposed to that with my clients' money.''

Harding, 47, who is the ``H'' in the AHL Diversified Plc computerized trading program founded in 1987 and run by Man Group Plc, said Winton has about 95 percent of its assets in U.S. Treasury bills and cash or cash equivalents. That compares with about 90 percent a year ago. Futures markets require less cash up front to buy contracts than other investments such as stocks. Winton's cash balances are held in segregated accounts at two different custodian banks, rather than with prime brokerages, which Winton doesn't use.

Nouriel Roubini, the New York University Professor who spoke at the same conference, told delegates ``don't be surprised'' if policymakers shut exchanges. Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi roiled markets on Oct. 10, first saying world leaders were discussing shutting down global financial exchanges, and then saying he didn't mean it.

Harding, who often says the biggest risk to so-called managed futures trading systems such as his is a market closure, said he thinks it unlikely regulators will taking such drastic measures. Still, the chances of them doing so have risen, he said.

Running Lower Risk

``Everything for me is a probability,'' he said in an interview. ``Because there's a probability an exchange can be shut down, I'm running lower risk.''

The Winton Futures Fund, Harding's largest fund at $7 billion, has risen about 14 percent this year compared with the drop of 9.4 percent through September for a weighted composite index of hedge funds tracked by Hedge Fund Research Inc.

Harding said his funds are among those that have seen an increase in redemption notices to pull money out.

``They're not redeeming because we've done something wrong, or they don't like the cut of our jib, it's because they need the money,'' said Harding. ``I'm glad we're in a position where we can give them their money back.''

Harding, whose programs trade more than 100 different futures contracts on 28 exchanges around the globe, admitted he may be ``paranoid'' with his concern that major exchanges could be shuttered to stall market declines.

``You might think we're paranoid, but what we haven't yet done is buy farms in the mountains or gold coins,'' he said.

Still, Harding said he should have shown more caution for his personal account. He had an account with Lehman Brothers Investment Management, which is now frozen in the world's largest bankruptcy.
LINK:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...So&refer=funds

=
=
Merlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #7
arcora
Banned

The PTB are telling large investors to pull money out of the markets via articles such as these.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:36 PM   #8
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

there will wars and RUMOURS of wars. do not doubt tho we will have a nuclear bomb go off somewhere even if its just for effect to scare people. they are gonna try and pull it out of the hat. its how we react that counts.. all the lovey dovey mediatators and positive thoght people must not stop doing that stuff or be disheartened when it does all begin to disintergrate.. keep at it.. i will not be made to submit to fear or hate or anger.. even when the going gets tough..
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #9
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikill View Post
I have to agree completely with Mmerlin.It's a done deal.The stage we are in is the Economic part of the war.We (USA) did the same thing to USSR back in the 80's resulting in their collapse.The difference here is that we took advantage of it by moving in capitalism and MCDonalds ect.They will move in tanks and troops.
The parrallels are oddly familiar.They were being bled dry in Afghanistan during the 80's in a war of attrition they couldn't win.We are doing way more spending then they did for our adventures into Iraq and Afghanistan.PLUS,we are getting hammered by natural disasters which are expensive to fix.Even if nothing else goes wrong, our leadership sucks and will suck into the future.The damage has pretty much been done.The enemies of the free world are sitting back and letting us die from self-inflicted gunshot wounds.They will then stomp on our corpse when they feel the time is right for them to strike.
I can sympathize with a lot of people's attitudes who want to remain positive and call people like me fear - mongers and negative.But, im only stating the truth.If you don't like it then maybe you are either naive or living in a fantasy world.As far as a paradigm shift occuring in here or anywhere for that matter,there is always the problem with too little too late.The wake up needed to happen years ago,not a few months away from a complete collapse of the world as you know it.It's merely a case of CONSEQUENCES for decades of mistakes that had no immediate rep0rcussions.NOW the reprcussions come and everyone is all gung ho about changing their ways and telling everyone to wake-up.TOO LATE....
agreed!! that is what this avalon forum is about, its to prepare physically emotionally and mentally for what comes next.. some people still think they can "love sheild" etheric energy barrier themselves out of trouble. whilst that may play a part i think we obv need to protect the physical 3d body also.. we are here in this dimension so we must not neglect one or the other in favour. strive to advance and protect all dimensions of ourselves and help others wherever possible

Last edited by pineal-pilot-in merkabah; 10-26-2008 at 01:46 PM.
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #10
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

so let's create peace in our reality. we are powerful beings.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:40 AM   #11
Shellie
Banned

The World Trade Center was a symbolic warning.
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:42 AM   #12
Koyaanisqatsi
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
First I reject and counter that notion totally.

Do you have any knowledge of the power of your words? If so, you might want to be more careful with them. If not, perhaps you might like to have a read of the new paradigm material over in the spirituality forum.

A..
Koyaanisqatsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:02 AM   #13
Ace of Hearts
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmerlinn View Post
Historically major economic upheavals always result in war.

mmerlinn be careful and aware of your thoughts for they are powerful and can contribute to manifest. Please take a minute to read the following.

We Must All Together Co-CREATE Our New Reality Now!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came across this article today and found the message to be profound with a sense of urgency to get this message out to as many people possible.I have e-mailed this message out to all my contact's, if everyone here does the same we will have "Awakened" quite a few Co-Creators.

How To Defeat Our Controllers Without Firing A Shot

For ages, Man has been told he is powerless against the circumstances of his world. Things happen, purely by chance, and there is nothing that we can do about the causes or effects of these things.

THIS IS A LIE. THE TRUTH IS AS FOLLOWS:

YOU CREATE YOUR "REALITY".

THOUGHT CREATES THE EXPERIENCE.

THE THOUGHT IS THE ATTRACTION.

THOUGHT is the RULER OF THIS DIMENSION! WE HAVE BEEN TRAINED NOT TO THINK, BUT TO FOLLOW. IT IS TIME TO THROW OFF THE SHACKLES THAT BIND OUR GREATEST POWER, OUR DIVINE GIFT -- THE ABILITY TO CHANGE OUR REALITY AT WILL.

Due to The Law of Attraction ("like attracts like"), whatever we desire in our heart, whatever we focus our minds upon, is what...will...be. If we think that we are going to be a victim, or unhappy, or unloved, or preyed upon, or helpless, etc., these things will happen as sure as night follows day. But if we concentrate on being victors, being happy, loved, unassailable, courageous, etc., these things also, will come to pass!

What has to happen is that you have to BELIEVE IT. DON'T DOUBT YOURSELF! BELIEVE IT! KNOW IT! RE-AWAKEN THE POWER WITHIN YOU THAT YOU'VE HAD ALL ALONG!

WE, all Souls experiencing as humans on this planet, have created this scenario for ourselves. WE have placed these monsters at the heads of our governments. WE have attracted the off-world beings that control these human monsters. WE have brought ourselves to the brink of subjugation and destruction. WE have to accept our responsibility for this and forgive ourselves. For now, at this time, on this placement, it is WE who have the power to end it and defeat The Dark Brotherhood once and for all!

THEREFORE, THIS IS WHAT I AM ASKING YOU TO DO:

I ASK FIRST THAT YOU COMMIT TO ESTABLISHING IN YOUR LIFE THE MINDSET, THE DESIRE TO CHANGE THE WORLD BY FOCUSING YOUR GREATEST POWER --- YOUR THOUGHTS.

EVERYDAY, UPON RISING OR BEFORE GOING TO BED AT NIGHT STATE THE FOLLOWING:

1. I CREATED THIS CURRENT REALITY FOR THE PURPOSES OF MY OWN SOUL GROWTH. THIS REALITY NO LONGER SERVES ME AND I DESIRE A NEW REALITY. ONE OF LOVE FOR MYSELF, LOVE FOR ALL MANKIND, PEACE FOR ALL MANKIND AND LOVE FOR THE EARTH WE LIVE ON.

2. I DEMAND THE REMOVAL OF ALL THE ELEMENTS IN MY GOVERNMENT THAT ARE CONSPIRING AGAINST MY COUNTRY AND AGAINST THE WORLD. I DEMAND THAT THIS HAPPEN QUICKLY. I DEMAND THAT THESE ELEMENTS REJECT THE WAYS OF THE DARK, RETURN TO THE LIGHT AND RE-JOIN THE HUMAN RACE IN PURSUING ITS COMMON DESTINY OF POSITIVE ENLIGHTENMENT.

3. I DEMAND THE REMOVAL FROM THIS PLANET OF ALL OFF-WORLD AND EXTRA-DIMENSIONAL BEINGS BELONGING TO THE DARK BROTHERHOOD. I NO LONGER DESIRE THEIR PRESENCE UPON THIS PLANET. I RESOLVE TO NO LONGER GIVE THEM THE ENERGY OF FEAR AND OTHER LOWER VIBRATIONS TO FEED UPON.

4. I DEMAND THAT THE TRUTH BE SHOWN TO THE WORLD, SO THAT ALL NATIONS AND CREEDS CAN UNDERSTAND THE DECEPTION THAT HAS BEEN PERPETRATED UPON US ALL. I DEMAND THAT ALL WARS, GREAT AND SMALL, CEASE SO THAT MEN MAY PUT DOWN THEIR ARMS AND INSTEAD, PLACE THEIR ARMS AROUND ONE ANOTHER'S SHOULDER.

5. I DEMAND SAFE PASSAGE FOR THE EARTH AND ALL WHO LIVE UPON HER AS SHE MOVES INTO HER RE-BIRTHING.

6. I DEMAND THESE THINGS, NOW AND NOT LATER. I WILL THESE THINGS TO BE SO AND I ASK THE HELP OF THE TRUE CREATOR OF ALL LIFE TO LEND ITS ALMIGHTY POWER TO MY THOUGHTS. MAY THIS DESIRE BE MAGNIFIED BY ENLIGHTENED MEN AND WOMEN THE WORLD OVER, SO THAT WE ALL MAY HAVE OUR EYES OPENED, OUR SOULS ENRICHED AND OUR BLESSED EARTH RESTORED TO US.

I don't care how you word it. Use your own wording, I don't care. It's not the WORDS that matter…IT'S THE INTENT, THE THOUGHT ITSELF.

Now, here's the important part. Remember the movie "Pay It Forward"? This is what I want us to do: tell just ONE person that you know to focus his/her thoughts in the manner I just described. Then ask that person to tell ONE more. This alone triples the call! And if the chain continues to expand, WE WILL HAVE THE MILLIONS NEEDED TO REVERSE THE PLANS OF THE DARK BROTHERHOOD.

You can tell as many people as you wish, but tell at least one. All of us know someone who will not laugh when you show them this. And that person also knows someone who will not laugh when they show them this. Do you see?

WE CAN DO IT. YOU MUST BELIEVE, NO, YOU MUST KNOW THAT WE CAN!!! REMEMBER,

THE CALL COMPELS THE ANSWER!

REJECT FEAR! CULTIVATE COURAGE!

Those who can translate this into another language, do so! Email it to friends, post it on bulletin boards, print flyers, whatever. Let it circle The World! WE CAN CHANGE OUR REALITY!

WE CAN WIN WITHOUT FIRING A SHOT. OUR ADVERSARY KNOWS THIS. IT'S TIME FOR US TO REMEMBER THIS, AS WELL! THIS IS WHAT WE CAME HERE TO DO! NO MORE COMPLAINING OR HAND-WRINGING. IT IS TIME FOR US TO BE ABOUT OUR FATHER'S BUSINESS!

Love to you all, and may The One True Creator bless our noble endeavor.

~~ G

time-to-choose.blogspot.com/2008/10/how-to-defeat-our-controllers-without_22.html

Ace of Hearts
-----------------------
I Seek Peace, Truth & Purpose
Ace of Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:42 PM   #14
asteram
Avalon Senior Member

Chaos is upon us, but not necessarily more war. Heck, we've already got how many wars going on already?

I'd like to point out that nuclear bombs have only been used one time, back in 1945, on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. In the ensuing 63 years, despite thousands and thousands of them being made, not one has been used. Considering the evil madmen who have been running the world during that period, as well as the numerous sociopathic loose cannons rolling around on deck, that's pretty amazing, don't you think? They certainly haven't hesitated to kill miilions with any other kind of weapon, but no nukes. That cannot be because of any moral compunction; psychopaths have no moral compunction. There are only two reasons I can think of why they haven't been used: Either intervention by the forces of creation, or they simply don't work, they are a hoax perpetrated upon us by the military/industrial complex to bleed us dry of tax money over the past sixty-some years. Which is true doesn't much matter; I would argue that the fact that they haven't been used indicates that they won't be used.

Oh we will and must descend into the chaos. Isn't that necessary? I'm minded of a butterfly's chrysalis; The caterpillar forms the chrysalis, then dissolves into soup inside it. All form and structure disappear for a time, only to re-form and emerge with brilliant wings.

Be glad this is upon is; we have waited long enough. Finally our opportunity to create the new dream is here.

Last edited by asteram; 10-27-2008 at 01:08 PM.
asteram is offline   Reply With Quote