Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
ATYT
Avalon Senior Member

Unhappy War Scenario: Iran, Israel, Syria, U.S.

well i found this:

"Israel 'will attack Iran' before new US president sworn in, John Bolton predicts"

John Bolton, the former American ambassador to the United Nations, has predicted that Israel could attack Iran after the November presidential election but before George W Bush's successor is sworn in. ...

"It's clear that the administration has essentially given up that possibility," he said. "I don't think it's serious any more. If you had asked me a year ago I would have said I thought it was a real possibility. I just don't think it's in the cards." ...

Israel, however, still had a determination to prevent a nuclear Iran, he argued. The "optimal window" for strikes would be between the November 4 election and the inauguration on January 20, 2009. ...

here is the full article from the Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-predicts.html

So this is how a war scenario between Iran, Israel, Syria, U.S. would look like . .

http://www.csis.org/media/csis/pubs/...nuclearwar.pdf

in a quick summary it states -The “War Game”Paradox:
The Only Way to Win is Not to Play-

2.9MB PDF.. very impressive .. it comes from Anthony Cordesman of the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) • www.csis.org/burke

Anthony Cordesman, the CSIS Arleigh A. Burke Chair in Strategy, was quoted by the Washington Post, "U.S. Calls Raid a Warning to Syria."

Excerpt:
U.S. troops in helicopters flew four miles into Syrian territory over the weekend to target the leader of a network that channels foreign fighters from Syria into Iraq, killing or wounding him and shooting dead several armed men, U.S. officials said Monday. [...]

The military's argument is that "you can only claim sovereignty if you enforce it," said Anthony Cordesman, a military analyst at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. "When you are dealing with states that do not maintain their sovereignty and become a de facto sanctuary, the only way you have to deal with them is this kind of operation," he said.

Center for Strategic and International Studies, 1800 K Street, NW, Washington DC, 20006 | Tel: 202-887-0200 | Fax: 202-775-3199
ATYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
aiwass322
Project Avalon Member

Default Re: War Scenario: Iran, Israel, Syria, U.S.

Very interesting stuff! Im reading the PDF and will probably do so throughout the night.
aiwass322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
ATYT
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: War Scenario: Iran, Israel, Syria, U.S.

another article apearing on the Middle Eastern Times this are from Oct. 28 2008

http://www.metimes.com/International..._january/4310/

By OLIVIER GUITTA (Middle East Times)

Israeli Attack on Iran Timed Between November and January?

...That clearly leaves Israel with a potential opportunity to surprise everyone including most importantly the mullahs' regime in Tehran. Taking a contrarian view, the ideal time for a strike would be in the transition period in the United States between Nov. 4 (the election of a new president) and Jan. 20 (his entering office).

But depending on who is elected, the odds are not the same. In fact, if Dem. Sen. Barack Obama wins, the likelihood of an Israeli strike during the transition is significantly higher, maybe up to 70 percent, than if Rep. Sen. John Mc Cain becomes president because of Obama's and Joe Biden's appeasing views on Iran and less favorable to Israel.

In this eventuality, it would make more sense for Israel to strike while the more favorable President George W. Bush is still in office.
ATYT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iran, israel, nuclear, u.s. war, wwiii