Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Default Do NOT re-mortgaged your IQ.

I have actively watched the PC cover site for 2 + years. However, having recently joined the forum to find possible answers to my own experiences, it seems to me some people on these forums have metaphorically re-mortgaged their IQ. Not only is the capital in deficit to begin with but the interest is well over due. Plainly some people are having a problem repaying their loans.

There are some interesting, thought provoking and intelligently put articles / threads on these forums. I think we can all agree on that. Nevertheless there are other pieces that beggar belief. It is my opinion that these pieces do not do this site, in the light of the controversy to the main stream, any good what so ever. It’s an up hill battle as it is without members punting DRAMATIC, ill-conceived and unintelligent articles or threads.

Rant off. Comment if you please.

Last edited by SteveX; 02-04-2010 at 10:25 AM.
SteveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
ewhite
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Do NOT re-mortgaged your IQ.

Nice insight, I really like your BIG font too Thanks for sharing

“The more one judges, the less one loves.”

-E
ewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewhite View Post
Nice insight, I really like your BIG font too Thanks for sharing

“The more one judges, the less one loves.”

-E
I take your point about the size of the text and have, out of courtesy, toned it down a notch.

As for your other comment I'll take a moment for a rebuttal. As much as I appreciate the sentiments of peace, love and good will, I do not see any practicalities in bolstering an individual’s ill-conceived idea. Not only for the individual involved but also for the rest of us.

Last edited by SteveX; 02-02-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
swordsmith
Unsubscribed

like what?
thought I should ask that before I'm inclined to agree, one man's woo- woo is another man's meat and potatoes. I'm sceptical by nature but will go out on a limb for the rare truth.
swordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

We tried to put a guideline about "not punting goofily" in the forum guidelines.

I think a lot of people on this forum would like to see a higher signal to noise ratio but there are people that just like to goof - its not something that is stoppable without massively changing the character of the forum - it seems to be the way it is. One day we may all come back and re-read this stuff and be amazed at how dumb we all were.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #6
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsmith View Post
like what?
thought I should ask that before I'm inclined to agree, one man's woo- woo is another man's meat and potatoes. I'm sceptical by nature but will go out on a limb for the rare truth.
I agree with going out on the limb but when someone asks me to jump with them then I want to have faith in what I'm jumping into. I'm afraid posting something as biennial as sun flare on a YuoTubers camera is not definite proof of Nubiru (spelling?). Come to think of it neither are disappearing elephants…. although fun to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
We tried to put a guideline about "not punting goofily" in the forum guidelines.

I think a lot of people on this forum would like to see a higher signal to noise ratio but there are people that just like to goof - its not something that is stoppable without massively changing the character of the forum - it seems to be the way it is. One day we may all come back and re-read this stuff and be amazed at how dumb we all were.
Being as this site contains a lot of controversial stuff it will be hard to moderate fact from fiction. However, plain simple indefatigable facts like how many suns we have surly is a different matter? Surely a self-proclaimed illusionist is just that... an illusionist?

I don't know if this is kids or folk having problems with the repayment plan.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:54 PM   #7
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveX View Post

I don't know if this is kids or folk having problems with the repayment plan.
i must agree and second your position..
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:20 PM   #8
Firstlook
Avalon Senior Member

Dont goof off. Got it.

Firstlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:40 PM   #9
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstlook View Post
Dont goof off. Got it.

now get back to work

Old 02-03-2010, 12:05 AM   #10
Firstlook
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
now get back to work

indeed.

I would like to say I have a theory for the moment. Being young and restless, I find the need to intertwine good critical thinking with the abstract. I desperately feel the need to throw out my random thoughts and inpatient opinions. Is it wrong to assume alot of people are like this? Its hard when theres that urge to break through the lines drawn in organized motive. Lately I find that need to work on my poetry and flow of words. And boy do I need the work. It helps so much with my confidence when talking about subjects that are intimidating to the heart. Not so much the mind. I dont think anybody is really unintelligent in their threads, just trying to fine that tune. Frequency I guess you could call it.

Idk, thats my feelings for now. I see alot of posts and people like me looking to string words and play them. Corny, I know.

peace
Firstlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #11
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

I have since changed the word "goofy" to dramatic. That is a more apt word to describe those that are seeking attention and wish to overly sensationalise.

The average Joe would say nuts and weirdoes inhabit sites like PC. I suppose, to some degree, I've stepped in the lion’s cage. I shouldn't be surprised to see Lions. None the less I find these people to be counter productive. What I find even more harrowing is regulars here pandering to some of these, to use a politically correct word, embellishers. Why?

There are some right blunt needles in this box. With all this talk for higher plain consciousness some need to take their blinkers off and see things, embellishers or ill conceived rhetoric for what they.

EDIT

WHO needs disinfo when folk pander to the clowns.

Last edited by SteveX; 02-04-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:29 AM   #12
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I have since changed the word "goofy" to dramatic. That is a more apt word to describe those that are seeking attention and wish to overly sensationalise.

The average Joe would say nuts and weirdoes inhabit sites like PC. I suppose, to some degree, I've stepped in the lion’s cage. I shouldn't be surprised to see Lions. None the less I find these people to be counter productive. What I find even more harrowing is regulars here pandering to some of these, to use a politically correct word, embellishers. Why?

There are some right blunt needles in this box. With all this talk for higher plain consciousness some need to take their blinkers off and see things, embellishers or ill conceived rhetoric for what they.

EDIT

WHO needs disinfo when folk pander to the clowns.
Its worth also considering the role the forum plays in helping to change attitudes in people.

I have seen people change on this forum - sometimes for the "better" (from my perspective obviously) and other times for the worse.

The best you can hope to do, I think, is demonstrate the correct behaviors and hope that the law of attraction is working in your favor. Usually if your intent if for the highest and best good of all that is exactly what happens. This is a "be the change you want to see" kind of deal.

It requires patience to wade through the noise in order to get through to the signal - but the payoff is often worth it.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 02-04-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #13
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

To some degree I take your point. Being the change you want to see is one thing but standing idle while others respond, with conviction, to threads of duplicity is quite another. It's this part that concerns me the most.

Topics on this site must be hard to moderate. Some, although plausible, sail pretty close to fantasy. With reasoned debate one can either accept or reject. I have no problem with trying to discern the abstract. However, there are known facts. There is only 1 sun, magic tricks are trick and some individuals are, for whatever psychological reason, drama seeking sensationalists.

I can only image what its like in school break

Last edited by SteveX; 02-04-2010 at 12:59 PM.