Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 11-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #1
hueyii
Avalon Senior Member

Default Michael Newton - Reincarnation/Past Lives

An interesting listen. Part 1 of 5. It was recommended to me to read his books. My friend told me he couldnt put the book down.

Alot of this sounds congruent with thoughts expressed in these forums.
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?emb=0&a...oq=michael+new
hueyii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:15 PM   #2
freekatz
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Michael Newton - Reincarnation/Past Lives

I've read both of Michael's books and found them very interesting, but it makes me question who these beings are that are waiting to sweep us away whenever our body dies. Telling us that lifetimes of misery and suffering are all marvelous and part of our "free will" just doesn't cut it for me. How can we learn if we have our memories erased every time? Showing people movies of their future lives? Seems to me that these being are keeping us trapped in this endless cycle
freekatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:19 PM   #3
hueyii
Avalon Senior Member

I havent read any of his books yet but plan to try one. Suggestions on a good one to start with would be appreciated.

After listening to him I cant help but think that some of the things people describe could be as a result of conditioning by society. As an example, We've been taught by most religions that we will be judged and have to account for our lives, This sounds similar to the "council of elders" he speaks about with the twist that it's not to condem us but rather to help us grow. Still there are other aspects he describes that have commonality with other belief systems.

I'm not selling this guy. I see that he's been mentioned in other posts on Avalon. Just curious to others perspective on him.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #4
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekatz View Post
I've read both of Michael's books and found them very interesting, but it makes me question who these beings are that are waiting to sweep us away whenever our body dies. Telling us that lifetimes of misery and suffering are all marvelous and part of our "free will" just doesn't cut it for me. How can we learn if we have our memories erased every time? Showing people movies of their future lives? Seems to me that these being are keeping us trapped in this endless cycle
I agree, reminds me of "good cop, bad cop". Ultimately, we are our own jailors, hoisted on our own petards.

"How to Recognize a Trap" : http://www.etext.org/Fiction/PurpleNotebook/ch434.html

cheers!
Gnosis
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:57 AM   #5
SuperManny
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyii View Post
I havent read any of his books yet but plan to try one. Suggestions on a good one to start with would be appreciated.
Start off with "journey of Souls" and I'd bet you'll want more, I know I did.

Then read "Destiny of Souls" which is his second book, but don't bother with his last book, "Life Between Lives" unless you're planning on becoming a practitioner, because it's written for the therapists.

HIGHLY recommended reading!
SuperManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:52 PM   #6
hueyii
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperManny View Post
Start off with "journey of Souls" and I'd bet you'll want more, I know I did.

Then read "Destiny of Souls" which is his second book, but don't bother with his last book, "Life Between Lives" unless you're planning on becoming a practitioner, because it's written for the therapists.

HIGHLY recommended reading!
Thanks!!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:10 PM   #7
freekatz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
I agree, reminds me of "good cop, bad cop". Ultimately, we are our own jailors, hoisted on our own petards.

"How to Recognize a Trap" : http://www.etext.org/Fiction/PurpleNotebook/ch434.html

cheers!
Gnosis

Interesting link...thanks!
freekatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:01 PM   #8
SuperManny
Avalon Senior Member

I put these on Rapidshare for you to download, if you want.
I know it's kind of a pain reading books on your computer, but you can at least have a look tp see if they're worth buying...

Here is Michael Newton - Journey Of Souls

Here is Michael Newton - Destiny Of Souls

Peace
Old 11-20-2008, 10:53 PM   #9
goody8504
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekatz View Post
How can we learn if we have our memories erased every time?
it might seem like it's pointless at first. but what you have to realize is that life is essentially a test where you are given opportunities to learn and progress. there are lessons we need to figure during our lives but we have to do it on our own. think about it this way...

if you have to take a test but you already know exactly what the test is going to be or somebody else is giving you all the answers, what's the point of taking the test?

so really, how can we learn if we're already given the answers? without being given the opportunity to learn (by making mistakes), life is pointless. if you didn't start out with a blank slate you would rarely, if ever, make bad choices in life. starting with a blank slate after every birth really is the best option. don't worry. you'll get your memories back when the time is right.
goody8504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:02 PM   #10
hueyii
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody8504 View Post
it might seem like it's pointless at first. but what you have to realize is that life is essentially a test where you are given opportunities to learn and progress. there are lessons we need to figure during our lives but we have to do it on our own. think about it this way...

if you have to take a test but you already know exactly what the test is going to be or somebody else is giving you all the answers, what's the point of taking the test?

so really, how can we learn if we're already given the answers? without being given the opportunity to learn (by making mistakes), life is pointless. if you didn't start out with a blank slate you would rarely, if ever, make bad choices in life. starting with a blank slate after every birth really is the best option. don't worry. you'll get your memories back when the time is right.

So if we already know the answers then whats the point of "learning" all over again?
Old 11-20-2008, 11:04 PM   #11
hueyii
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperManny View Post
I put these on Rapidshare for you to download, if you want.
I know it's kind of a pain reading books on your computer, but you can at least have a look tp see if they're worth buying...

Here is Michael Newton - Journey Of Souls

Here is Michael Newton - Destiny Of Souls

Peace
Thanks! Still lots of questions, maybe the books will help....
Old 11-21-2008, 12:28 AM   #12
SuperManny
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyii View Post
So if we already know the answers then whats the point of "learning" all over again?
We know the answers when we step outside of 3D, because we also step outside of time. Time is a 3D construct to keep the 3D body/mind/spirit from getting overwhelmed with info like other-life knowledge, and things that are not immediately relevant. You will ALWAYS be given all the information you need to make all the decisions immediately in front of you.

The point is not so much "learning" as it is experiencing. Even if you experienced similar events, you are always given the opportunity to make higher choices. The real kicker is; when it's all over and you're getting your life review, you will experience everything in your life from the perspective of the OTHER person to help you in your understanding.

Here is one of my favorite quotes from Ra:

"The proper role of the entity is in this density to experience all things desired, to then analyze, understand, and accept these experiences, distilling from them the love/light within them. Nothing shall be overcome. That which is not needed falls away."
Old 11-21-2008, 01:21 AM   #13
brutus35
Avalon Senior Member

You may want to check this out, an interview with Dr Depak Chopra about his new book. "Life after Death", hard hitting and to the point.

http://lightworkers.org/video/55899/...th-really-good
brutus35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:11 AM   #14
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

Michael Newton's books are brilliant, as are the works of Dr Brian Weiss if you haven't read his work. "Many Lives, Many Masters" changed my life at the right time and i have since tried past life hypnosis, with some success. I think hypnosis requires practice though, and a good therapist. Anyone know a good one in London?
piers2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:17 AM   #15
scrufficus
Avalon Senior Member

thats a cool interview and all of this ties in nicely with a guy who has done a lot of work in 8 audios the link can be found at www.treeincarnation.com he also has a website where all topics are discussed and researched www.breakfornews.com he calls out some of the alternative media and calls them cia fakes.well worth a read you will not be disappointed.
scrufficus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:36 AM   #16
SuperManny
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piers2210 View Post
Michael Newton's books are brilliant.... I think hypnosis requires practice though, and a good therapist. Anyone know a good one in London?
Looks like there are several "Michael-Newton-trained" therapists in London. Check out this page:
http://www.lifebetweenlives.org.uk/T...0referral.html

People from other areas click here.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:25 AM   #17
AussieG
Avalon Senior Member

This is my slant.
We of all the millions creatures on this Earth are the only ones (THE ONLY ONES!!!) that have the power of self determination ( free will, the true gift of creation ) This free will consists of two forces 1:Conscious (spirit) and 2: Ego ( individuality ) The Ego is for this life only to assist in gaining experience but the conscious goes on. Our conscious (spirit, sole) never gets angry, drunk, stoned, ect. It is here just gaining experience. Why? If we are to evolve into an enlightened being then we must be able to answer any question and to do that we must have experienced all situations.
As said earlier in this thread if our previous experiences (memories) where to be known it would effect the purity of this experience, for example it would be good to start a new relationship base on the it pure merits but unfortunately previous relationships always have a negative impact (baggage)

We are as part of creation as a drop is part of the ocean. Just experiencing what it is like to be a drop.
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:00 AM   #18
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

Ian lawton is a great introduction to this. His "book of the soul" is self published and is sooo worth the money! Support him if you can:

http://www.ianlawton.com/

He coined the term Rational Spirituality. His new book is out in a few weeks.
EYES WIDE OPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:07 AM   #19
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks SuperManny for the great link. I'll definately follow up....
piers2210 is offline   Reply With Quote