Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-28-2008, 04:28 AM   #1
Tuza

Default A big Aussie welcome Bill

Glad to see your coming down here to join us. Is Kerry coming (I thought I read we in the post). Big wide arms open up here to both of you if your both coming.

Concerning the Ark, that is what I have been seeing myself for ages, underground facility with all those things you mentioned, but my hubby is a non-believer and asleep no matter what I say, so I will have to see what happens.

Last edited by Tuza; 10-28-2008 at 04:39 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:31 AM   #2
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: A big Aussie welcome Bill

Yes, in spades! The Aussie Ground Crew will welcome you both with open arms. The east coast area of this great land is one of the safest places on God's earth. I am unable to claim any dreams or visions of future disaster, but back in 1994 my wife and I decided on the spur of the moment to put our New Zealand property on the market and head to Australia. We still can't put a finger on why that decision was taken, but felt then, as we still do, that it was a good decision. Our 14 acre farmlet went to auction where we were lucky enough to realise much more than our reserve, and within 10 weeks of making the decision to sell, we had packed all our posessions and along with them, arrived in Brisbane.

We have the distinct feeling that our "guardian angels" have our best interests at heart and are guiding us in making the right decisions. Never once in the 14 years we've been here, have we ever felt endangered in any way. Mind you, we don't tempt fate by swimming in crocodile infested rivers. Life is so peaceful here that when we take our cats for their morning and afternoon walks on our five acres, the wallabies just look up as much as to say, "hi guys, nice day." and then go back to eating the grass.

Away from the hustle and bustle of city life, one soon becomes atuned to the country way of life. The birds lets us know of any intruders like goannas after their eggs, or predators of any kind stalking the land. We feel quite sure with all these creatures around us, that we will get ample warning of when the you-know-what hits the fan.

Peace and love to all God's creatures,
Brinty
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:14 AM   #3
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention about being in tune with the environment and the wildlife - about 2 or 3 days before we are about to experience heavy rain, the ants get busy and build ramparts around their nest entries.
Isn't nature wonderful?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fort_1.jpg (11.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg fort_4.jpg (10.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg fort_3.jpg (11.3 KB, 4 views)
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:51 AM   #4
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

A big welcome to Bill ( and Kerry?) from the western side of OZ too!!!

I have long felt "blessed" to have lived the life i have and to BE where i am at this current stage of my life/evolution or whatever. I just hope that my inner conviction is right!!

Bill - i do not doubt your sincerity for one moment and i agree with your observations about this country (albeit generalised) but i do have a few questions for you about your preference for calling this project the "Australian Ark"

Please bear with me - i tend to ramble a bit when i have a lot of thoughts coming thru at once.

In general YES we are a friendly and hospitable people ( more so the "bushies" than city folk - who when you think about it - have become homogenised across the globe) The reason IMHO is the very fact that ISOLATION has made us so. An isolated people learns to rely on its immediate vicinity in times of hardship.

I myself was a child of the 60's yet i still distinctly remember living with hurricane lamps on holidays, the vegie man visiting our farm, and then all my teenage years living off pumped dam water and a generator out the back. I used to love the sound of the old generator pumping down as the last light in the house was turned off.

Now THAT part of it is the reminiscence of one little first generation white girl!!! lol However - this country is extrememly fragile in that it is NOT the hospitable land that most of us westerners would like to live on. Not a lot of abundant savannahs and forests full of wildlife in comparison to the vast expanses of "arid" land.

While i realise that this community you speak about will be self contained so to speak (thankfully ... as Bill Mollison once said - leave the bush to itself it can survive perfectly well on its own - just learn to feed yourself with as minimal impact as possible - or words thereof) - it can as you say sustain about 1000 children and adults.

I am really happy that you are choosing to move to this community - but should 500,000 people respond to your invitation to "invest" in this community what then?

Back to the isolation thing now. The true Australians - the Australian Aboriginals - have likewise been isolated from the world - i relate to them not unlike the Hopi. I was wondering how much creedence or importance you see in these people? and their place on this "ark"

Over the years i have been seriously humbled by these people - and as much as i LOVE this land i was born in - i have to admit always feeling a bit of an alien - in that even the food i love is more akin to a european diet - even if i am "living off the land"

Just to put all this in perspective - i was talking via phone today to my Mum and while i have always been known to have some way out ideas!!! lol - i mentioned all the stuff i had been "researching" over the past few months and she said "oh yeah love -dad and i have been talking about all this the last few weeks and we said - well we'll be alright we'll just get the chooks back in and start replanting the vegies!!! lol We are so lucky to be living in the bush she said!!! And thats the point - THEY belong to an already tight knit community and the mean and selfish ones will soon fall by the way. They have utmost trust in the community they live in - they have lived thru hard times before.

Now this is all without an underground bunker or whatever. The point is they are prepared the best way they can.

I mean this in no way as a judgement - but i do question the reasoning behind putting your name to "a" community that even the total membership of PA cannot viably fit into. There are many of us who cannot possibly afford the "relatively cheap" few hundred thousand AUS dollars to have the comfort of a bunker and underground hydroponics system.

As any good "gardener" knows diversity is the key. Don't put all your eggs into one basket (or ark). While the community you speak of may be one end of the diversity spectrum - there are many many others - and hopefully several of them will come thru all this.

And yes we have our share of intolerant people, bumbling politicians and US intervention here as well folks!! I'm praying that the indiginous people of australia get to reclaim Pine Gap as their own ark for storing all the information they have about this country - in that ready made underground bunker!! Then we might ALL stand a chance of surviving on this big brown continent!!
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:19 AM   #5
Tuza

I abide by the philosophy of "when it is my time to pass that will be it", it is really up to individual soul contracts IMO.

We have got the money if we sold up to go to a few places and live on the land - we live in a semi-rural area of Victoria anyway, but hubby doesn't believe in anything I tell him re Camelot/Avalon and thinks we're all nuts. But the thing is I am not worried at all, if I am meant to live through whatever or not, I don't believe it is up to me, whether I am underground or above it.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:14 AM   #6
Pomguymguy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuza View Post
I abide by the philosophy of "when it is my time to pass that will be it", it is really up to individual soul contracts IMO.

We have got the money if we sold up to go to a few places and live on the land - we live in a semi-rural area of Victoria anyway, but hubby doesn't believe in anything I tell him re Camelot/Avalon and thinks we're all nuts. But the thing is I am not worried at all, if I am meant to live through whatever or not, I don't believe it is up to me, whether I am underground or above it.

Hi Tuza - Re: Avalon/Camelot - My wife of 36 years, thinks I am nuts as well.
Any rain over your way ? it is very dry up here in the Shepparton area of Victoria. I read Bill's post with intrest and the Duns Creek developement sounds very intresting. It is such a pity that it seems we have still got a long way to go - as again we see that to have a chance to 'get in' the dreaded $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ still rules ! But I agree with you - just do what feels right in your heart.

We have two cats, one is now deaf, age about 15, we adopted him. I have built an undercover cat run, 3 x 3 m. with shadecloth. They have lots of area's to sit at high level,carpeted too !. Beds, two houses, scraching post, and we always give them filtered water, no chlorine...

Paul R
Pomguymguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #7
Tuza

Quote: "We have two cats, one is now deaf, age about 15, we adopted him. I have built an undercover cat run, 3 x 3 m. with shadecloth. They have lots of area's to sit at high level,carpeted too !. Beds, two houses, scraching post, and we always give them filtered water, no chlorine..."

You have captured my heart now. May the Supreme Creator protect you and all your family at all times. Big hugs and kisses.