Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 09-18-2008, 07:45 PM   #76
benfranklin

Default Re: [UNVERIFIED] US To Declare October ‘Economic Emergency’, Suspend Elections

The US President does have the power to suspend elections. However, I don't think it will happen. I think this is just Communist KGB propaganda. Never believe Russia. When the USSR broke up, they sold off their weapons and bought interest in oil. They want to attack America with $$ not bombs! This started when Reagan stopped them from building an oil pipeline across Europe.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #77
whalerider
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: US To Declare October ‘Economic Emergency’, Suspend Elections

Regarding Ike: I live West of Houston and as of today, Thursday, 9/18, there are still many parts of the city without electricity. As you drive around the city, there are lots of roof damaged homes and many fences and trees down. As to Galveston Island and Boliver Island, the unofficial body count is low but certain Houston Police Department officers are telling friends and family about the bodies that are being stacked and that many floated out to sea. There are few building left standing and almost none that weren't damaged. Even we don't know the truth and we're here. A local newscaster, last Saturday, confronted the Governor of the State saying that it is unprecedented for the government to not allow access to the news media to report on the affected areas for reporting. We are wondering what they are hiding and don't want us to see. FEMA lied saying trucks were "on the way" last Saturday because, anyone doing the timing and math would easily figure out is that Chertoff's statement was a lie unless the trucks were coming from Anchorage, Alaska because it was over 24 hours before they started arriving. The kindness, resiliency, and attitude of the Texans that are affected is amazing. We really take care of each other. We don't wait for the government to come rescue us! When the citizenry of a Republic can no longer depend on their government for the most basic needs of services and protection, then the citizenry no longer needs that government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARE WE THERE YET View Post
MY THOUGHTS AND LOVE TO ALL IN AMERICA NOW WHO ARE AWAKE

Yes even in New Zealand they are treating this MELTDOWN as though it where a piece of chicken stuck in your teeth. All you need is a toothpick.

I am laughing at the lies they are telling even us. It will be okay in a few years and all it means is you need to tighten your belt-spend less and pay off your debts.

I too thought they would suspend the elections.We heard not a word today about Ike or the devestation. Not a single mention! Shame on New Zealand.

The entire press on this has been shut up.

Feel free to tell me whats really happened and I will pass it on.
whalerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:06 AM   #78
ExpandingTruth

Default Re: [UNVERIFIED] US To Declare October ‘Economic Emergency’, Suspend Elections

I think it's interesting to see a thread like this - with all the varying perspectives - and note that it attracts so many as we give it energy. In the end we are all free to choose our own beliefs, by sorting through all this stuff, having emotions in response to what we are observing.

So one may take a fear path, a hope path, a victim path, an empowerment path - whatever you are resonating to - is what you are feeling - and to that in your life you will be in alignment to - and those things will come to you.

That's ok - no judgement offered here - the wonderful part of this is that we each get to choose.

I know sometimes it's hard to look at your current version of reality and say, I can't ignore this - or hold the love & light and wish it away. This stuff is here - it's real - it doesn't feel good.

But in these moments can you pivot your thoughts about the situation to see it from a different perspective - as if the situation has resolved to your satisfaction - and you have that moment where you say "wow - i didn't understand it at the time it was happening - but now I see why all of this had to happen this way in the larger picture of my life. You remember those moments?

Try to pivot your thougths to - "well I and many others have been thinking about this and in that asking for an end to greed, corruption, victimization, powerlessness". Now it's all coming together and look, things are moving in that direction! I don't have to know and track all of the bits and bytes of what is going down - who is funding who or bailing out who - who is on the bad end of the stick and who is on the good side. I don't have to find and lay blame on someone or something in order to validate my fears by expressing myself as a victim.

I don't need to give this so much energy - that I start to trigger thoughts that lead to worry thoughts - that connect with others thoughts about my fears about my worst nightmare of complete loss of POWER and FREE WILL and in doing so start to picture, discuss, and create a vortex of energy - that produces and gives birth to these dire ideas - then with the emotions gives life to - and then with our intentions brings them to our doorsteps.

In this pivoting, ask yourself - at the end of the day - what do I want on my doorstep? Then focus on that.

There are some very creative articles in this post from people that appear, in my opinion, to be caught in that POWERLESS vortex. Will you join them or will you let them be, not in judgement or criticism as they are holding their own beliefs - and it's more important for you to look at that and whether you agree or disagree - let them be - they are driving their own bus and steering themselves in their own way. They are looking for others to get on their bus and ride along with them - for various reasons - they are afraid and don't want to be alone in this, they are looking for attention, they are caught up in the drama of the moment, they want reassurance that everything is going to be ok.

Do you see yourself bumping around in this vortex?

Will you ride their bus or will you chose to drive your own car?

Be Love,
ExpandingTruth

Last edited by ExpandingTruth; 09-19-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:49 AM   #79
lawyerforliberty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyluck View Post
I am stunned by the news!

I would have preferred to have heard the news through more mainstream media avenues..... but we all know that nothing will be mentioned until AFTER martial law is declared and subsequently the suspension of the elections.

I agree with empathy.... I would have thought that martial law be declared after another terrorist attack on USA soil or when Bush declares war on Iran.

I'm based in the UK. At the moment of the collapse of Lehman brothers, the London ftse 100 fell 5% instantaneously! I'm telling you, bad news travels faster than the speed of light!

What do you think will happen when USA declares bankruptcy? I would like to know the possible processes of economic collapse across the globe. I'm not a financial expert, so any throughts from an Ivy League economic professor would be greatly aprpeciated!

Blessings!

Aletha

There are signs of this possibility in the mainstream media. Some of these signs are more subtle than others. A not so subtle, but yet mildly coded sign was exhibited on Good Morning America on 9/18. The program was interrupted by a "Special Report." After a brief announcement referencing the economic problems Bush came on and spoke about the bail outs taking place of AIG and other fiat funny-money huckster institutions. Of course Bush did not use these terms.

My point is that Special Reports are usually reserved for some level of crisis. The economy is in crisis, we are being told. It is just a short hop from crisis to emergency. We are being conditioned to expect things to get worse before they get worse.

This economic financial problem will of course require a solution. Gee, there's that problem-reaction-solution again.

We can speculate about what the solution will be, but there are several probable events that could occur, including nothing at all. For the time being, at least.
lawyerforliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:55 PM   #80
Isa
Avalon Senior Member

There are those who are trying so desperately to wage war and whatever, but events don't always go along as planned.... the rest of the world is also concerned and many who are standing in the way of the insanity... this is from today at the UN

People are talking, people are on the net ~ that post from Texas was very revealing, as well as the smaller communities talking about things like currency and independence... lots of things going on; this is not 1930 and although the nazi's might want to take control, doesn't mean they will be able to, at least not for long. Too many in the world have evolved to a point where they are TIRED OF WAR and now are INSISTING ON PEACE!

(besides, Thunderhead says his girlfriend's uncle's roommate said to chill out, so there ya go)
Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #81
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

The financial world is sureal these days.

How much is a Million?
How much is a Billion?
How much is a Trillion?

What's the difference between a million, a billion, a trillion?

A million seconds is 12 days.

A billion seconds is 31 years.

A trillion seconds is 31,688 years.

A million minutes ago was – 1 year, 329 days, 10 hours and 40 minutes ago.

A billion minutes ago was just after the time of Christ.

A million hours ago was in 1885.

A billion hours ago man had not yet walked on earth.

A million dollars ago was five (5) seconds ago at the U.S. Treasury.

A billion dollars ago was late yesterday afternoon at the U.S. Treasury.

A trillion dollars is so large a number that only politicians
can use the term in conversation... probably because they
seldom think about what they are really saying. I've read that
mathematicians do not even use the term trillion!

Here is some perspective on TRILLION:

Trillion = 1,000,000,000,000.

The country has not existed for a trillion seconds.

Western civilization has not been around a trillion seconds.

One trillion seconds ago – 31,688 years – Neanderthals stalked the plains of Europe.

Million: 1,000,000
Billion: 1,000,000,000
Trillion: 1,000,000,000,000
Quintillion: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000
Sextillion: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
Nonillion: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
Centillion: 1 followed by 303 zeros

In reality, no one will live long enough to see all this debt paid off.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:04 PM   #82
eraser2012
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranceAm View Post
Martial Law because of Economical Emergency?

I don't think he will get away with it.
Is this the same Man that keeps stating that the economy is booming as a preacher to his choir (of by the MSM claimed 34%)?

BTW, where exactly IN the constitution is it stated, that the President can Overrule the Constitution, specifically the part where it states how and when the president is elected, or his term limits?
Have you read the Patriot Act? There's your answer. per Ron Paul, Congress wasn't even afforded the opportunity to read the bill before it was required to be voted on by the administration. Even if they had, anybody voting against it would have been portrayed by the Neocons as anti-American, weak on security or a terrorist sympathizer.
eraser2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:14 AM   #83
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: US To Declare October ‘Economic Emergency’, Suspend Elections

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser2012 View Post
Have you read the Patriot Act?
Eh, In total? -> No, and as far as I know, neither did the patriots in the house.
I guess, the little Anthrax send to some people did the job, of bringing terror close to the house (Pun Intended...). It is one thing to send/order children into a war, but when the danger becomes personal, them old wise people, acted like they would live forever by either sitting on their hands, or playing Duma and clapping on command..

Quote:
There's your answer. per Ron Paul, Congress wasn't even afforded the opportunity to read the bill before it was required to be voted on by the administration.
By the administration? I thought by the terrorists..
I remember something of Sen Dashle<sp?> getting one powdered mail, everything was closed down, and all mail quarantined. Just before the patriot act voting.. In all them millions and millions pieces of quarantined mail, there was just one more letter found...
Want to calculate the statistics, that that was to the man that was hated by Terrorists and Cheney alike? And none other were found.

Quote:
Even if they had, anybody voting against it would have been portrayed by the Neocons as anti-American, weak on security or a terrorist sympathizer.
And by everyone else.. (Real Americans, Patriots, Constitution supporters, Thinking people.. You know the kind...) as not under control... Neither by blackmail nor by corruption.

Ok, to give you an answer... They can make you believe what ever they want or need you to believe in.
The document gives the house powers, to make laws.
That even over rule natural rights.
And that is fine. As longs as the Church they preach to, contains more then the majority of Americans.
Hell they can even make it unlawful to breat air. Some thing you normally don't think about.. But it is nothing more then a couple of words on paper, a couple of signatures, and hopla. There is a law that makes it illegal to breath air, one longful at a time...

As (emty suit) Gonzalez stated, Habeus Corpus isn't stated in the constitution. And he was so correct!!!! Because Habeus Corpus is a Natural RIGHT..
It is the glue of a society.. That everyone that makes a claim, shows the evidence that basis that claim. ( A right among EQUALS. )
The most wonderfull part of that meeting/hearing was that NO one corrected him, by stating that the constitution was a government limiting document, not a Populations Permission statement. And even when government makes a claim, about ones crimeful history, then even the government has to show the proof, to a group of citizens. The government is NOT a church. It is based and the outcome of a contract between a population, and the people that will be elected from them to rule or represent them all.
Now citizen, do you believe, that the state doesn't have to grant you the right, to see any and every evidence of the crime they are about to convict you about?

Do you really believe that they (And now at once we are talking about a small group of conspirators/hijackers of the government of the United States of America.) have the right to do so?
As I stated above": "They can make you believe what ever they want or need you to believe in."

But whether you believe that is up to you.

And if you don't believe, well citizen, what can I say or state but what the founding fathers stated:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:23 AM   #84
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Phoenix,

The things that the people have been stating here may have some truth to them. It wouldn't be the first time on this planet that governments have refused to run elections because of 'national emergencies'. So we must try to at least keep in the middle here to try and work the big picture out.

I was interested that you posted a link to ATS denouncing somebody who was posting lies. I would have thought that the moderator teams on that forum site would have simply moderated out 'her' messages, or even banned her IP address, or account etc. if they were that bothered, instead of waiting twenty subjects later and denouncing her. Just a thought.

Let's get back to the plot. I can imagine the US starting marshall law quite easily, especially if this 700 billion bill doesn't get passed. Why? Well not because of market meltdown as that only would hurt the fat cats who work the market.

Marshall law as I see it will come around when the people eventually understand that they will loose all of their life savings that they have in the bank and en mass try to withdraw their money out. Imagine the trouble that will be caused because of the impossible action of supplying the people with their savings. This would stop EVERY link in the commerce chain. No money in the banks, no money to leave the banks, no wages to receive, no money to spend, no shopping, only shop-lifting and the thing just snowballs on from there.

We have seen this sort of thing happening in the world. Here in Brazil in the 1980s the government took all the savings from the public to try and balance its' books.
http://www.estado.com.br/editorias/2...70315.10.1.xml

In the UK during 1981 the Toxteth incident proved too much for the police:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxteth_riots

So we can see that there could be a necessity to 'nip in the bud' any type of social unrest before it starts. If this will be part of a New World Order secret plan sort of thing or just a Making Sure Nothing Unruly Happens Because The Market Let Us Down is not really important.

I think it interesting to try and play out these scenários so that at least the people (or sheeple as many forums like to call them) will at least understand how they should act, or at least what they should expect.

I would, however, if I were in the US, go straight to the bank in the morning and withdraw all of my savings and hide them untill the decisions have been made. I may lose a week or twos' interest, but in the case of a negative response from congress, it's better than losing everything.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
People, people, people! Wind your necks in!

Do you just accept ANY random posting as truth? Do you ever check out or try to verify information before you react and freak out?

Well for those that don't, Ive done it for you.....

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread304918/pg1

tsk.....tsk.....tsk......

Last edited by Steve_A; 09-24-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:43 AM   #85
eraser2012
Avalon Senior Member

Your point is understood. I was not suggesting that by virtue of a hastily passed piece of legislation could or would overstep the will of the people, but instead to make the point that the Constitution under which this Country was founded as been subverted time and again over the last 8 years.. so much so, in fact, that legislation which flies directly in the face of our founding principals was passed without so much as a floor hearing, let alone public debate. So, technically, it does not matter what the Constitution says to establish the legal precendent for suspending the presidential elections, disbanding Congress, or declaring marshall law in the name of a "national emergency" as the precendent has been signed into law and now establishes the clear doorway through which the neocons, namely the Bush administration, may freely walk in carrying out their intentions. Will it succeed? Ultimately, I do not believe it will. Can/will it be attempted, absolutely it can be.. and it very well may be. Is there going to be a national emergency based on the premise of this string? I say unlikely, but certainly plausible.

Anyway, thanks for the thoughtful response. I intend only to contribute where I can to the collective knowledge and hope that this forum make possible. While we still have the Internet, at least.
eraser2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:13 AM   #86
Debugged

I'm watching our local Fox affiliate at the moment. The FBI is finally investigating the bank meltdown, suspecting fraud. They are looking into the top ones that failed: Fannie and Freddie, Lehman and AIG. It's looking like congress is not going to rubber-stamp that bail-out, either.

I'm praying that people are finally waking up.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:36 AM   #87
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debugged View Post

Nothing can block an idea who's time has finally come.

We are getting critical brain mass...
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:34 AM   #88
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debugged View Post
I'm watching our local Fox affiliate at the moment. The FBI is finally investigating the bank meltdown, suspecting fraud. They are looking into the top ones that failed: Fannie and Freddie, Lehman and AIG. It's looking like congress is not going to rubber-stamp that bail-out, either.

i hope that is NOT like the government investigating
the "put options" from sep 11 ...
on that list, there would have been so real amazing clues
instead, didn't someone destroy/or dump that info ???

a question,
how many members,
are there in the usa congress ?

& what happens if people went to their
local congressman/or congresswomen offices-
what happens at those levels --
aren't the people who voted for them angry ???

how can people read 4,000 page bills/
and, why do they slip things; that do NOT belong
with laws that, should be considered

what if a past president was NOT a usa citizen,
then, wouldn't all the laws he inacted,
while in office, NOT be valid ???

curious
susan
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:54 AM   #89
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

I wonder what is going to happen and what we should do?

Last edited by Waterman; 10-14-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:56 AM   #90
warriorsoul
Avalon Senior Member

how about early election to prevent them going into election suspension?

FBI investigation could be a play, just something to soften public angers
warriorsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:10 AM   #91
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
I would, however, if I were in the US, go straight to the bank in the morning and withdraw all of my savings and hide them untill the decisions have been made. I may lose a week or twos' interest, but in the case of a negative response from congress, it's better than losing everything.
Hi, I wouldn't leave it in a bank anyway ... With the inflation spiraling up it's better not to go for interest rates at the banks.

And don't keep it in your pocket ... otherwise you will have worthless paper in your pocket soon ...

If you are not planning to move or if you are not able to move (due to whatever the circumstances) the best deal is probably stockpiling durable food.

Again, given the inflation that's the best you can do ...
However you should keep enough money to cover bills for e.g. utilities for as long as it lasts.

Whatever happens brothers and sisters, we'll stick together as ONE, an unbreakable force, wherever we are !
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:23 AM   #92
visual co-creator
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by visual co-creator; 10-03-2008 at 03:37 PM.
visual co-creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:40 AM   #93
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by visual co-creator View Post
You're going to need something to wipe your ass with if you have to take a **** in a bush... so, it won't be COMPLETLY worthless!
If you have to **** in the bush ... you will probably have moved indeed instead of staying in an urban zone ...

Now serious: in that case you will have to **** an a plastic bag and take it with you, leave no traces ...
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:49 AM   #94
Jonathon
Avalon Senior Member

I listened to a good portion of the "hearings" today. Sounds like the same bunch of grandstanding blabber mouths I listened to during the "blank check" hearings on Fannie and Freddie. Yes, they were so concerned for their constituents... loud mouthing at Big Hank and Uncle Ben. And yet it passed.

Act II of these theatrics will be more of the same. Look and talk tough during national media coverage, then slip in the YES vote. In my opinion it will pass with an overwhelming majority. They have convinced everyone financial armageddon is upon us (and maybe it is). Even the most rigid of spines in congress will bend to this one. Furthermore, these guys didn't just throw this plan together over a few beers at the strip club last week. They have their people in place... and most of the rest can be bought or extorted. There's nothing a wad of cash and a few dirty diapers won't get you in congress.

At the end of the day, whatever happens is very likely what they intended to happen. Be ready either way. Keep enough small bills on you to make it through 3 or 4 weeks minimum.

Last edited by Jonathon; 09-24-2008 at 04:51 AM.
Jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:11 AM   #95
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Operator,

I was thinking exactly that overnight. Not necessarily food though, as food is available in prime form from plants and small animals. So there must be other thing to trade your paper for before it's rendered toilet roll. I don't think gold is the way to go, as don't forget, if the banks have no money, they're not likely to have gold, which reminds me of an interview George Green made with Camelot, where he explained that he could only buy a limited amount of gold with a six month wait to receive it. Either few people have an awful lot of gold or there is little gold on this Earth either way, in this current situation, it would also be very risky to try and buy gold directly from a bank. I also imagine tet George knew something was going to appen at the point when he discovered that gold was sooo difficult to aquire. It could be a better idea to look for used gold in pawnbroker shops, if gold was what you wanted. Personally I think gold is overrated.

But anyway, we need to think of something to buy to use the paper money before its' rendered useless. Something portable, but useful and something that will be useful if at the other end of this difficult time we survive, to not look foolish, something that doen't need fuel to work. I think land in far off places could be a good idea. If at the end the world becomes a peaceful place, at least you could sell the land or even go on your hols and spend time there.

Any other ideas?

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator View Post
Hi, I wouldn't leave it in a bank anyway ... With the inflation spiraling up it's better not to go for interest rates at the banks.

And don't keep it in your pocket ... otherwise you will have worthless paper in your pocket soon ...

If you are not planning to move or if you are not able to move (due to whatever the circumstances) the best deal is probably stockpiling durable food.

Again, given the inflation that's the best you can do ...
However you should keep enough money to cover bills for e.g. utilities for as long as it lasts.

Whatever happens brothers and sisters, we'll stick together as ONE, an unbreakable force, wherever we are !
Old 09-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #96
Stephen

I found this video.

Anyone Speak/Understand Russian?

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEmuXzUpjg0
Old 09-24-2008, 07:11 PM   #97
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Phoenix,

I really must insist on everybody withdrawing their money from their bank accounts immediately before they lose everything. To reinforce my comment on marshall law, I found a thread in this forum and investigated its' source. You would be advised, as would everybody with an interest, to read the following:

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/0...eland_090708w/

Brigade homeland tours start Oct. 1

3rd Infantry’s 1st BCT trains for a new dwell-time mission. Helping ‘people at home’ may become a permanent part of the active Army
By Gina Cavallaro - Staff writer
Posted : Monday Sep 8, 2008 6:15:06 EDT

The 3rd Infantry Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team has spent 35 of the last 60 months in Iraq patrolling in full battle rattle, helping restore essential services and escorting supply convoys.

Now they’re training for the same mission — with a twist — at home.

Beginning Oct. 1 for 12 months, the 1st BCT will be under the day-to-day control of U.S. Army North, the Army service component of Northern Command, as an on-call federal response force for natural or manmade emergencies and disasters, including terrorist attacks.

It is not the first time an active-duty unit has been tapped to help at home. In August 2005, for example, when Hurricane Katrina unleashed hell in Mississippi and Louisiana, several active-duty units were pulled from various posts and mobilized to those areas.

But this new mission marks the first time an active unit has been given a dedicated assignment to NorthCom, a joint command established in 2002 to provide command and control for federal homeland defense efforts and coordinate defense support of civil authorities.

After 1st BCT finishes its dwell-time mission, expectations are that another, as yet unnamed, active-duty brigade will take over and that the mission will be a permanent one.

“Right now, the response force requirement will be an enduring mission. How the [Defense Department] chooses to source that and whether or not they continue to assign them to NorthCom, that could change in the future,” said Army Col. Louis Vogler, chief of NorthCom future operations. “Now, the plan is to assign a force every year.”

The command is at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, Colo., but the soldiers with 1st BCT, who returned in April after 15 months in Iraq, will operate out of their home post at Fort Stewart, Ga., where they’ll be able to go to school, spend time with their families and train for their new homeland mission as well as the counterinsurgency mission in the war zones.

Stop-loss will not be in effect, so soldiers will be able to leave the Army or move to new assignments during the mission, and the operational tempo will be variable.

Don’t look for any extra time off, though. The at-home mission does not take the place of scheduled combat-zone deployments and will take place during the so-called dwell time a unit gets to reset and regenerate after a deployment.

The 1st of the 3rd is still scheduled to deploy to either Iraq or Afghanistan in early 2010, which means the soldiers will have been home a minimum of 20 months by the time they ship out.

In the meantime, they’ll learn new skills, use some of the ones they acquired in the war zone and more than likely will not be shot at while doing any of it.

They may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control or to deal with potentially horrific scenarios such as massive poisoning and chaos in response to a chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear or high-yield explosive, or CBRNE, attack.

Training for homeland scenarios has already begun at Fort Stewart and includes specialty tasks such as knowing how to use the “jaws of life” to extract a person from a mangled vehicle; extra medical training for a CBRNE incident; and working with U.S. Forestry Service experts on how to go in with chainsaws and cut and clear trees to clear a road or area.

The 1st BCT’s soldiers also will learn how to use “the first ever nonlethal package that the Army has fielded,” 1st BCT commander Col. Roger Cloutier said, referring to crowd and traffic control equipment and nonlethal weapons designed to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals without killing them.

“It’s a new modular package of nonlethal capabilities that they’re fielding. They’ve been using pieces of it in Iraq, but this is the first time that these modules were consolidated and this package fielded, and because of this mission we’re undertaking we were the first to get it.”

The package includes equipment to stand up a hasty road block; spike strips for slowing, stopping or controlling traffic; shields and batons; and, beanbag bullets.

“I was the first guy in the brigade to get Tasered,” said Cloutier, describing the experience as “your worst muscle cramp ever — times 10 throughout your whole body.

“I’m not a small guy, I weigh 230 pounds ... it put me on my knees in seconds.”

The brigade will not change its name, but the force will be known for the next year as a CBRNE Consequence Management Response Force, or CCMRF (pronounced “sea-smurf”).

“I can’t think of a more noble mission than this,” said Cloutier, who took command in July. “We’ve been all over the world during this time of conflict, but now our mission is to take care of citizens at home ... and depending on where an event occurred, you’re going home to take care of your home town, your loved ones.”

While soldiers’ combat training is applicable, he said, some nuances don’t apply.

“If we go in, we’re going in to help American citizens on American soil, to save lives, provide critical life support, help clear debris, restore normalcy and support whatever local agencies need us to do, so it’s kind of a different role,” said Cloutier, who, as the division operations officer on the last rotation, learned of the homeland mission a few months ago while they were still in Iraq.

Some brigade elements will be on call around the clock, during which time they’ll do their regular marksmanship, gunnery and other deployment training. That’s because the unit will continue to train and reset for the next deployment, even as it serves in its CCMRF mission.

Should personnel be needed at an earthquake in California, for example, all or part of the brigade could be scrambled there, depending on the extent of the need and the specialties involved.

Other branches included
The active Army’s new dwell-time mission is part of a NorthCom and DOD response package.

Active-duty soldiers will be part of a force that includes elements from other military branches and dedicated National Guard Weapons of Mass Destruction-Civil Support Teams.

A final mission rehearsal exercise is scheduled for mid-September at Fort Stewart and will be run by Joint Task Force Civil Support, a unit based out of Fort Monroe, Va., that will coordinate and evaluate the interservice event.

In addition to 1st BCT, other Army units will take part in the two-week training exercise, including elements of the 1st Medical Brigade out of Fort Hood, Texas, and the 82nd Combat Aviation Brigade from Fort Bragg, N.C.

There also will be Air Force engineer and medical units, the Marine Corps Chemical, Biological Initial Reaction Force, a Navy weather team and members of the Defense Logistics Agency and the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.

One of the things Vogler said they’ll be looking at is communications capabilities between the services.

“It is a concern, and we’re trying to check that and one of the ways we do that is by having these sorts of exercises. Leading up to this, we are going to rehearse and set up some of the communications systems to make sure we have interoperability,” he said.

“I don’t know what America’s overall plan is — I just know that 24 hours a day, seven days a week, there are soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines that are standing by to come and help if they’re called,” Cloutier said. “It makes me feel good as an American to know that my country has dedicated a force to come in and help the people at home.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
People, people, people! Wind your necks in!

Do you just accept ANY random posting as truth? Do you ever check out or try to verify information before you react and freak out?

Well for those that don't, Ive done it for you.....

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread304918/pg1

tsk.....tsk.....tsk......
Old 09-24-2008, 07:22 PM   #98
MrSpoon
Avalon Senior Member

SKY NEWS Presidential Campaign Put On Hold

John McCain says he is putting his presidential campaign on hold to return to Washington and help with the bailout negotiations.

Last edited by MrSpoon; 09-24-2008 at 07:26 PM.
MrSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:35 PM   #99
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi MrSpoon,

Shocking news! Between you and me.... we all knew it was on the books though.

Read the other posts on this thread, it seems that it's all folding out as predicted.

So this is the beginning of the end... now I can feel it.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpoon View Post
SKY NEWS Presidential Campaign Put On Hold

John McCain says he is putting his presidential campaign on hold to return to Washington and help with the bailout negotiations.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:38 PM   #100
SkyWatcher
Avalon Senior Member

Obama will have to follow suit, so he looks patriotic, putting the needs of the country ... next, we may have to suspend the election until we figure this all out.

Peeking out from under the bed.

Nancy
SkyWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote