Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Whistleblowers - Unvetted by Camelot > The Watcher

Notices

Old 08-31-2009, 10:03 PM   #76
Malynda
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Project IBIS and Looking Glass disclosures

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
Well, that's embarrassing. I actually thought it was a real site, even real doctor clip I was going to post about sleep paralysis. I've seen a few episodes of Heroes ca '07, not much. I am going to delete the spam terms, as interesting as they are - anyone curious about wordplay can just click on that link. (I admit reading spam (I do) isn't a common activity!)

Sorry for the derailment here. Thanks for the correction, Malynda. (I'm going to go talk about horses now.)
Please don't be embarrassed. I got all t'd off about an article I thought was news once and then realized it was satire. We've been so played for so long, sometimes it's hard to discern. More and more movies and tv shows seem to be blurring the line between "reality" and "fiction" lately, so it's totally understandable. Who knows, it may be real. Some of the themes in that show are based on reality from what I can tell. And you made me giggle with the back to the horses line.

Love,
Malynda
Malynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:36 AM   #77
James Casbolt
Avalon Senior Member

I had a bad weekend! Went out drinking ( never a good idea! ) in St Ives and got into a fight. My friend and I fought six guys outside the Isobar nightclub on Friday night. In between throwing people around like ragdolls and shouting "I'M A CYBORG" in the middle of the crowd, the two of us came away without a scratch and the six guys ran off. The police were there, but for some reason just stood on the corner like spies watching the whole thing. I've never seen the police do that during a fight in St Ives before, they always steam in!

From the film

'Angel Heart'

Last edited by James Casbolt; 09-01-2009 at 05:01 PM.
James Casbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #78
Kari Lynn
Avalon Senior Member

Wow! PMing you about this.
Kari Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:15 PM   #79
James Casbolt
Avalon Senior Member

I didn't mean to sound like this incident was a good thing. I'm ashamed of myself really and I apologize if I've let anyone down. The incident was captured on CCTV and this probably doesn't help me.

Again, I'm sorry if I let anyone down.

From the film

'Angel Heart'
Old 09-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #80
James Casbolt
Avalon Senior Member

Timeline will continue ASAP

From the film

'Angel Heart'
Old 09-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #81
Kari Lynn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Casbolt View Post
I didn't mean to sound like this incident was a good thing. I'm ashamed of myself really and I apologize if I've let anyone down. The incident was captured on CCTV and this probably doesn't help me.

Again, I'm sorry if I let anyone down.
Oh Please!
If you didn't kick it up once in awhile, I'd think you inhuman!
Oops, my bad! You said you were cyborg. So glad you're there and I'm here! Otherwise I might receive swift kick to the pants! lol
Walking away while I still have the chance!
Continue! lol
Old 09-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #82
no caste

Quote:
I had one hell of weekend! Went out drinking ( never a good idea! ) in St Ives and got into a fight. My freind and I fought six guys outside the Isobar nightclub on Friday night. In between throwing people around like ragdolls and shouting "I'M A CYBORG" in the middle of the crowd, the two of us came away without a scratch and the six guys ran off. The police were there, but for some reason just stood on the corner like spies watching the whole thing. I've never seen the police do that during a fight in St Ives before, they always steam in!
OK buddy. I've been falling apart on this thread. You'll note that I went back and cleaned up the obnoxious things I said about the Queen Mum. IBIS, underground bases, child soldiers, organic AI entities (and all the other new words you posted): these are very serious. {For Chrissakes, I have written the UN, ICC...even the f&&cking Queen already!} Now I'm mixing up fact and fiction, crash and burn, quoting TV programs!!!!!!!!!

So, I read your post here. I'M A [DRUNK] CYBORG!! I actually cannot stay focused here. It's hopeless. This is way too funny. I can't get by it.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #83
James Casbolt
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malynda View Post
Please don't be embarrassed. I got all t'd off about an article I thought was news once and then realized it was satire. We've been so played for so long, sometimes it's hard to discern. More and more movies and tv shows seem to be blurring the line between "reality" and "fiction" lately, so it's totally understandable. Who knows, it may be real. Some of the themes in that show are based on reality from what I can tell. And you made me giggle with the back to the horses line.

Love,
Malynda
I agree, so much 'fiction' these days comes strait from real black projects

From the film

'Angel Heart'
Old 09-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #84
James Casbolt
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
OK buddy. I've been falling apart on this thread. You'll note that I went back and cleaned up the obnoxious things I said about the Queen Mum. IBIS, underground bases, child soldiers, organic AI entities (and all the other new words you posted): these are very serious. {For Chrissakes, I have written the UN, ICC...even the f&&cking Queen already!} Now I'm mixing up fact and fiction, crash and burn, quoting TV programs!!!!!!!!!

So, I read your post here. I'M A [DRUNK] CYBORG!! I actually cannot stay focused here. It's hopeless. This is way too funny. I can't get by it.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Too funny!!!!!

From the film

'Angel Heart'
Old 09-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #85
Kari Lynn
Avalon Senior Member

AH!!!
OGM I gotta go to work before I wet myself!
Is that your bears cure for hangover?
Old 09-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #86
no caste

I will try to proceed. (It's hard to get over that spirit bear.)(Let alone the puppets from the previous page.)

OK. I read something interesting about Tibetan rituals as it relates to NOT the Thule Society yokels. The most significant thing is that the kila placement continues to project its 'trajecile' energy into earth, so it seems useful for piercing underground bases.

"One of the principal methods of working with the kīla and to actualize its essence-quality is to pierce the earth with it; sheath it; or as is common with Himalayan shamanic traditions, to penetrate it vertically, point down into a basket, bowl or cache of rice (or other soft grain if the kīla is wooden). The terms employed for the deity and the tool are interchangable in Western scholarship. In the Himalayan shamanic tradition the kīla may be considered as axis mundi. Müller-Ebelling, et al. (2002) affirm that for the majority of Nepalese shaman, the kīla is cognate with the world tree, either in their visualisations or in initiatory rites or other rituals.

"The kīla affixes the elemental process of 'Space' (Sanskrit: Ākāśa) to the Earth, thereby establishing an energetic continuum. The kīla, particularly those that are wooden are for shamanic healing, harmonizing and energy work and often have two nāgas [7] (Sanskrit for snake, serpent and/or dragon, also refers to a class of supernatural entities or deities) entwined on the blade, reminiscent of the Staff of Asclepius and the Caduceus of Hermes. Kīla often also bear the ashtamangala, swastika, sauwastika and/or other Himalayan, Tantric or Hindu iconography or motifs." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phurba

There's a place I pick up coffee sometimes. It has a sign: DRINK COFFEE. Let stupid ideas come faster! I'll just keep rolling on... but if I randomly post a music video or ... what's this thread about again?...
Old 09-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #87
James Casbolt
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I'll just keep rolling on... but if I randomly post a music video or ... what's this thread about again?...
okay okay, I'll concentrate on the topic at hand. I was just trying to lighten things up a bit!

From the film

'Angel Heart'
Old 09-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #88
James Casbolt
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hitler cape > http://www.empireonline.com/features...trailer/17.asp Gotta be quick (no going back) -

Re blond Pleiadians: Is there any historical significance to this old settlement?

Ancient city discovered deep in Amazonian rainforest linked to the legendary white-skinned Cloud People of Peru
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...#ixzz0PSYsi7Vm
Last updated at 1:44 AM on 04th December 2008

[/I]

"It is thought this settlement may finally help historians unlock the secrets of the 'white warriors of the clouds'. The tribe had white skin and blonde hair - features which intrigue historians, as there is no known European ancestry in the region, where most inhabitants are darker skinned."
No Caste

I am told area wiped by H1N1 pandemic

From the film

'Angel Heart'
Old 09-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #89
James Casbolt
Avalon Senior Member

Continuation of timeline-

SG Yucatan

1984 South America

German scientists at training facility quickly realise I am a 'natural being'. Extensive tests are not carried out to discover this, commuinication with previous groups that have looked after me establishes this. No sythentic proceedures or substances ( such as anabolic sterioids ) will enhance me greatly as natural evolution has done it's job and created a new type of being, a protean being, namely Ascended Machine Technology. The other children at the facility are the same. For this reason much of our training is to be carried with indigenous shamans in the area.
A small group of children are taken to a village in the jungle one night where fire rituals are being performed by local shamans. We arrive with germans in jeeps. The shamans seem to know them. A large fire is lit near the front of the village and dancing, chanting and spitting some kind of fluid into the fire starts. We copy the shamans in some kind of dance that involves shuffling along and bending forwards with you head facing the ground and pulling your back erect and strait while continiung moving forward. The flames seem to respond to this and get higher and more powerful. We are manipulating the element of fire. It almost seems as if some kind of shape-shifting is going on as the shamans and group of us become incredibly strong and start to stretch and almost get bigger. It's hard to see this clearly. When the ritual finishes the shamans are very excited, pointing to us and saying something t the germans about "Quetzalcoatl". Not certain if they are talking about one of us or the whole group. I've stated South America as a general location for this event, but it could have been Central America or Mexico. I have memory blanks from leaving the facility in Brazil and ending up in the jeeps driving through the jungle.

Side note- I have named this set of postings 'SG Yucatan' because the events that occured in these countries revolved around the stargate there.

From the film

'Angel Heart'

Last edited by James Casbolt; 09-02-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:59 PM   #90
James Casbolt
Avalon Senior Member

1984 Brazil

We are taken back to the facility in Brazil were PSIonic traning now begins. I have already been involved in this type of training in other countries. The children all sleep in a dorm together, we don't talk that much as there is a feeling of natural quite bliss between us. We are highly disiplined and sometimes congratulate each other before we sleep about the day's accomplishments. We just seem to commuincate telepathically most of time. In the past mornings were sometimes difficult in Penang. That moment in between sleep and waking, when the full reality of what I was involved in would hit me and stun me. Here in Brazil they understood this and would wake us up very gently and kindly, almost like babies.

From the film

'Angel Heart'
Old 09-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #91
James Casbolt
Avalon Senior Member

We are in sets of classrooms past the large training hall. Groups of us are divided into approx ten children. It starts with verbal indoctrination and being shown slides, video footage and such. We are taught about the white master race's involvement and use the of various forms of fire ( atomic and such ). We are told we are "Modern day Fire-Gods" that can manipulate this element. Children in the other classrooms are being indoctrinated into connection there innate element. We are taught about other fire-worshipping cultures- indians/vedics? and others. We are taught about combining seemingly unconnected energies. This is like early chaos theory in quantum physics. Namely seemingly random events and realities have an underlying order.
We will need to understand this as certain key figures will arrive at the facility soon that will change everything. People such as George Bush Snr, Dr Green/ Dr V and others

From the film

'Angel Heart'
Old 09-03-2009, 05:41 AM   #92
no caste

Quote:
okay okay, I'll concentrate on the topic at hand. I was just trying to lighten things up a bit!
Oh jeez. No worries. I was trying to pull myself together - you cracked me up. Note to self: less coffee, do not interrupt thread with randomness, what thread is this? I'm personally losing track of everything. It was a nice day. Fuggit with the rest. Carry on, soldier. (or cyborg!) (or commander!) in whichever way you like.

Do you know your birth mother?

PS The whole conditioning thing is getting to me (revulsion). I'm going to focus on the engineering and genetics labs. No more metaphysics for me! (Can't stomach it right now.) There is also a thread about Dulce that another member posted here http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16278

Last edited by no caste; 09-03-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #93
James Casbolt
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Oh jeez. No worries. I was trying to pull myself together - you cracked me up. Note to self: less coffee, do not interrupt thread with randomness, what thread is this? I'm personally losing track of everything. It was a nice day. Fuggit with the rest. Carry on, soldier. (or cyborg!) (or commander!) in whichever way you like.

Do you know your birth mother?

PS The whole conditioning thing is getting to me (revulsion). I'm going to focus on the engineering and genetics labs. No more metaphysics for me! (Can't stomach it right now.) There is also a thread about Dulce that another member posted here http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16278
Not sure who my birth mother is

No caste- to expand on your question, I don't know who my biological father is either. I often have a recurring dream where I'm in a room with Peter Casbolt and he keeps ignoring me. I wake up with a longing to be somewhere else when I have this dream. I nevr claimed to be sane and I'm sure it shows on this thread! ;>)

It's been hinted to me that George HW Bush volunteered his DNA for the creation in many clones in IBIS, but don't have much data about this. A former CIA hitman who proudly referred to himself as 'George Bush Snr's favourite mind controlled hitman' told me GBS has cancer of the pancreas and is using stem cells from embyos to keep himself alive. Put it this way GBS has many illigitamate children.

This one goes out to you GBS and Barbara- I know your a big metal fan Barbara!!

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

YouTube - Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

From the film

'Angel Heart'

Last edited by James Casbolt; 09-11-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:13 PM   #94
James Casbolt
Avalon Senior Member

Project IBIS update-
Program run in other countries.
World-Wide IBIS network in Germany, South America, Canada, USA, France, Kazakhstan, Australia, New Zealand.
Currently accepted as 1293 children involved in UK.
Project initiated- July 10th 1972.
Location- Tavistock Institute, London- Dr Green ( Joseph Mengele ), Dr Red, and Dr Blue in attendance.
Major IBIS locations in UK-
RAF Alconbury.
RAF Molesworth.
RAF Upwood.
Predock Centre- Glassburn, Scotland.
'Bennington Place'- Codename for NSA/MI6/CIA safehouse in South London.
Film 'Babylon A.D' most likely based on one female member of IBIS from Kazakhstan region- theme- girl with telepathic abilities is transported from orphanage in area to the United States by a mercenary.
Producers of film- 'Babylon A.D SAS films' and 'M6 films'.
Trailer-

From the film

'Angel Heart'

Last edited by James Casbolt; 09-03-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #95
James Casbolt
Avalon Senior Member

[I]Kazakhstan will be a very important place for the New World Order-

From http://www.allnewsweb.com/page6696692.php
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kazakhstan: Government to build UFO base and alien embassy

Michael Cohen m.cohen@allnewsweb.com

The Republic of Kazakhstan in Central Asia is in the process of building the world’s first alien embassy according to some local media reports. If these reports are to be believed, the authorities have already allocated a large plot of land in the city of Almaty for this ambitious project. Facilities to be built within the complex will include a guesthouse, theatre and translation service. A purpose built UFO landing pad and checkpoint will be attached to the embassy.
Kazakhstan’s government believes open contact with aliens is imminent and by being the first nation to specifically create such facilities they are convinced they will reap enormous financial and economic rewards. The Kazakhstan Government also see this as a chance to demonstrate their nations forward thinking policies.
Currently it is generally accepted that aliens are making use of an underwater UFO base in the Caspian Sea which Kazakhstan borders. Fuad Gasimov, the head of neighbouring Azerbaijan’s national Aerospace Agency has confirmed this to be the case and has gone on record stating the old USSR constantly monitored alien spaceships regularly entering the water but kept this a military secret. Gasimov himself was involved in this secret monitoring of UFOs when a department heat at the USSR’s science academy.
In addition to this, numerous UFO sightings occur in Kazakhstan where it is believed aliens take an interest in their massive natural resources. As recently as last year a UFO was reported as having crashed into a river in Kazakhstan.
The head of Kazakhstan’s space agency, Talgat Musabayev, is said to be heavily involved in the embassy project. Musabayev is an ex-cosmonaut who has spent many hours in space and is an ex-colleague of Gasimov. It is believed that he possesses a large amount of information on the aliens currently visiting earth.
Kazakhstan’s acceptance of the reality of alien visitors to earth has won it the admiration of many ufologists, especially those in the west, who wonder when their countries will follow this example.

Source: Express K , UFO evidence
Comment on this story
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A situation like this?-----

I]

From the film

'Angel Heart'

Last edited by James Casbolt; 09-03-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:56 AM   #96
no caste

Quote:
Currently accepted as 1293 children involved in UK.
Project initiated- July 10th 1972.

Super. Now I can feel ill x 1293.

Curiously, the last time I got similarly creeped out was when judykott posted a lot of detailed information on this thread (May-09) about Astana, Kazakhstan.

For example, although all of the buildings - question: how can architecture be nauseating? - were gross, I'll illustrate with this. (Maybe the area has emanations from something else, I don't know.) Here is a design flaw IMO, or a deliberate design to trap.

unlike this.

When I was trying to dig up that old post, I found these items too:

A poster's (RubyTuesday) vivid dream in September 08 - children & maybe Kazakhstan
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...t=vivid+dreams

A couple of posts with the cohen email you mention
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...ght=kazakhstan

A link to this news story
UFO falls in Kazakhstan – witnesses May 14, 2009
http://russiatoday.com/Top_News/2009...witnesses.html

And this just now
Russian Navy UFO records say aliens love oceans 21 July, 2009, 18:56
http://russiatoday.com/Top_News/2009...ve-oceans.html
--------------------------------

I remember the release of Babylon and how it bombed. From a review in Aug 29, 2008: Kassovitz blames Fox's heavy hands for turning his lyrical, important film about the importance of children and hope in a dangerous world into a series of action sequences,...'
-------------------------------

Hey, why not... {I can't decide, so I'm posting both!}

Old 09-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #97
James Casbolt
Avalon Senior Member

Continuation of timeline-

The Emerald Chambers- mid 80's

GBS

Classes continue at the facility in Brazil. We are taught the basics such as telekinesis. We move various objects around in the classrooms such as pencils across the desks. Much of the mind training centres around 'concepts' as well as practical aps. We are taught the greatest block to these abilities comes from the false belief in an external God. We are taught we come from the 'Great Water', not a literal sea but a sea of infinite potential energy where anything the mind can concieve it can achieve. This is the source/force that is our essence ( a type of quantum physics again ).
We are also taught that Jehovah the biblical 'God' is an extra-terrestrial, a human being just like us.
Days go by and we are brought one evening to the large hall with the two swastickas next to the entrance. George Bush Snr is in attendance with many other men in various types of uniforms. GBS and the others are interested in our physical ability in this test and we take part in martial arts matches, climbing ropes, vaulting over tall objects, stamina tests, etc. The tests are very hard but not brutal, we hit a peak after a while and can not really get tired after we hit this. We can go almost indefinately when we hit this. The test goes on for hours. The worst is the hand to hand combat- full contact but quite easy really. After a while pain becomes pleasure.
After the test we shower get changed and then come into another large room we have been in before. Another hall with a huge table set out with fine food. We all sit down and GBS and the Germans in their mid 30's stand up raise their glasses to us- saying something about the future. He seems like a very friendly guy who likes to have fun, always laughing and joking with everyone. At the end of the meal we line up and GBS pins medals on our jackets. We are then escorted back to our dorms, exhausted but feeling good.

Dr Green

Now it is time for the Emerald 'torture' chambers. We are taken from the facility in Brazil. It is hard to remember when I travel from the place. We arrive at a temple somewhere in a jungle region. A small group of men lead approx ten of us children down steps into an underground section of the temple. Dark, damp underground chambers are situated here. Men are already inc one these rooms with machines that light the chamber up with a green light. 'Beds' and chairs ( medical looking with restraints ) are in the room. We are strapped in. I am placed in a chair near the middle. Electrodes are hooked up to various parts of our body. We are told by the man in charge that the session will be divided into two parts. The first will be a 'still' session, where electrical currents will be administered to us. We are to become still "like water" and not "leave our bodies", if we can do this without dying, we will 'spark', namely the fire elementals in our bodies will activate and we wil be capable of 'reality programming', which involves teleportation, pryomancy and shape-shifting. This is 'Pheonix' programming and is the advanced levels of this area.
The machines are switched on and the burn and pain starts slowly. It gradually builds until we are screaming, the pain is indescribable. I think I am going to die, then just as I can't take any more, I 'spark'. Some kind of energy kicks in and I cross over into pleasure. The pain becomes pleasure. I hoping the other children have made it across but my head is locked forward with some kind of head clamp so I can't see. Images of fields are flashed on the rock wall with a projector the man have brought along with them. The man in charge says "focus on this place and traval there". The scene starts to change but my body is not going anywhere. I am changing the enviroment with my mind. The walls of the chamber start to fade away and the field starts to manifest in front of me. I feel the wind on my face and smell grass. Another couple of seconds and I am fully sat in the field in the chair. I feel the electricy level go down and kind of miss it as I come back into the chamber.

From the film

'Angel Heart'

Last edited by James Casbolt; 09-04-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #98
James Casbolt
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Super. Now I can feel ill x 1293.

Curiously, the last time I got similarly creeped out was when judykott posted a lot of detailed information on this thread (May-09) about Astana, Kazakhstan.

For example, although all of the buildings - question: how can architecture be nauseating? - were gross, I'll illustrate with this. (Maybe the area has emanations from something else, I don't know.) Here is a design flaw IMO, or a deliberate design to trap.

unlike this.

When I was trying to dig up that old post, I found these items too:

A poster's (RubyTuesday) vivid dream in September 08 - children & maybe Kazakhstan
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...t=vivid+dreams

A couple of posts with the cohen email you mention
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...ght=kazakhstan

A link to this news story
UFO falls in Kazakhstan – witnesses May 14, 2009
http://russiatoday.com/Top_News/2009...witnesses.html

And this just now
Russian Navy UFO records say aliens love oceans 21 July, 2009, 18:56
http://russiatoday.com/Top_News/2009...ve-oceans.html
--------------------------------

I remember the release of Babylon and how it bombed. From a review in Aug 29, 2008: Kassovitz blames Fox's heavy hands for turning his lyrical, important film about the importance of children and hope in a dangerous world into a series of action sequences,...'
-------------------------------

Hey, why not... {I can't decide, so I'm posting both!}

YouTube - House Of pain - Jump Around Music Video

YouTube - Bollywood Jump Around
Thanks for the 'Stan' data and the music videos No Casta. Music has kept my spirit alive through all this when times got tough! Another 'random' vid from me as it relates to Ibis CIRCUS, CAROUSEL, CARNIVAL, CLOWN, FREAKSHOW, CANDYFLOSS, CANDYSTRIPE, PONY programming at Bennington House

From the film

'Angel Heart'

Last edited by James Casbolt; 09-04-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #99
James Casbolt
Avalon Senior Member

The following are some Trip-Seat triggers actaully used on the seat to release a moving program such as shape-shifting ( I'll talk more about moving programs ASAP ). A machine utilising an emerald lense focuses a lazor at the person's pineal gland, gamma rays and such are then used to alter the DNA structure of the individual. The codename for MI-6 is CAROUSEL which relates to the Romany Gypsies. Their name comes from Egypt. They were involved with this wolf-like ET race here ( Kanus Empire? )

"Do you like boiled peanuts?"

"The ride is only two pence"

"I want the purple bear"

"Emeralds are my favorite gem"

From the film

'Angel Heart'
Old 09-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #100
James Casbolt
Avalon Senior Member

Dr Green

Dr. Josef Mengele was a German SS officer and a physician in the Nazi concentration camp Auschwitz-Birkenau. He held two earned doctorates, one in anthropology from Munich University and one in medicine from Frankfurt University. He gained notoriety for being one of the SS physicians who supervised the selection of arriving transports of prisoners, determining who was to be killed and who was to become a forced laborer, and for performing human experiments on camp inmates, amongst whom Mengele was known as the Angel of Death.

In 1940, he was placed in the reserve medical corps, following which he served with the 5th SS Panzergrenadier Division Wiking. In 1942, he was wounded at the Russian front and was pronounced medically unfit for combat, and was then promoted to the rank of SS-Hauptsturmführer (Captain). After the war, he became one of the most hunted of Nazi war criminals.

Block 10 experimentation block in Auschwitz

Early life
Josef Mengele was born on 16 March 1911 to Karl and Walburga Mengele in Gunzburg, Bavaria, Germany. He was the eldest of 3 children.[1]

Auschwitz
In 1943, Mengele replaced another doctor who had fallen ill at the Nazi extermination camp Birkenau. On May 24, 1943, he became medical officer of Auschwitz-Birkenau's "Gypsy camp". In August 1944, this camp was liquidated and all its inmates gassed. Subsequently Mengele became Chief Medical Officer of the main infirmary camp at Birkenau. He was not, though, the Chief Medical Officer of Auschwitz — superior to him was SS-Standortarzt (garrison physician) Eduard Wirths.[2]

During his 21-month stay at Auschwitz, Mengele earned the sobriquet "Angel of Death" for the cruelty he visited upon prisoners. Mengele was referred to as "der weisse Engel" ("the White Angel") by camp inmates because when he stood on the platform inspecting new arrivals and directing some to the right, some to the left, his white coat and white arms outstretched evoked the image of a white angel. Mengele took turns with the other SS physicians at Auschwitz in meeting incoming prisoners at the camp, where it was determined who would be retained for work and who would be sent to the gas chambers immediately.[3] In one instance, he drew a line on the wall of the children's block 150 centimeters (about 5 feet) from the floor, and sent those whose heads could not reach the line to the gas chamber. (Lifton, p. 346.)[4]

"He had a look that said 'I am the power,'" said one survivor. When it was reported that one block was infested with lice, Mengele gassed every single one of the 750 women assigned to it.[5]

Human experimentation

Block 10 - Medical experimentation block in AuschwitzMengele used Auschwitz as an opportunity to continue his research on heredity, using inmates for human experimentation. He was particularly interested in identical twins; they would be selected and placed in special barracks. He also recruited Berthold Epstein, a Jewish pediatrician. As a doctor, Epstein proposed to Mengele a study into treatments of the disease called Noma that was noted for particularly affecting children from the camp.[6]

While the exact cause of Noma remains uncertain, it is now known that it has a higher occurrence in children suffering from malnutrition and a lower immune system response. Many develop the disease shortly after contracting another illness such as measles or tuberculosis.[7]

Mengele took an interest in physical abnormalities discovered among the arrivals at the concentration camp. These included dwarfs, notably the Ovitz family - the children of a Romanian artist, of whom seven of the 10 members were dwarfs. Prior to their deportation, they toured in Eastern Europe as the Lilliput Troupe. Mengele often called them "my dwarf family"; to him they seemed to be the perfect expression of "the abnorm".[citation needed]

Mengele's experiments also included attempts to change eye color by injecting chemicals into children's eyes, various amputations of limbs and other brutal surgeries. Rena Gelissen's account of her time in Auschwitz details certain experiments performed on female prisoners around October 1943. Mengele would experiment on the chosen girls, performing sterilization and shock treatments. Most of the victims died, either due to the experiments or later infections. According to a website, "Once Mengele's assistant rounded up 14 pairs of Roma twins during the night. Mengele placed them on his polished marble dissection table and put them to sleep. He then injected chloroform into their hearts, killing them instantly. Mengele then began dissecting and meticulously noting each and every piece of the twins' bodies."[4]

At Auschwitz, Mengele did a number of twin studies. After the experiment was over, these twins were usually murdered and their bodies dissected. He supervised an operation by which two Gypsy children were sewn together to create conjoined twins; the hands of the children became badly infected where the veins had been resected, this also caused gangrene.[4]

The subjects of Mengele's research were better fed and housed than ordinary prisoners and were, for the time being, safe from the gas chambers.[8] When visiting his child subjects, he introduced himself as "Uncle Mengele" and offered them sweets. Some survivors remember that despite his grim acts, he was also called "Mengele the protector".[9]

The book Children of the Flames, by Lucette Matalon Lagnado and Shiela Cohn Dekel, chronicles Mengele's medical experimental activities on approximately 3,000 twins who passed through the Auschwitz death camp during World War II until its liberation at the end of the war. Only around 26 pairs of the twins survived; 60 years later, they came forward about the special privileges they were given in Auschwitz owing to Mengele's interest in twins, and how as a result they have suffered, as the children who survived his medical experiments and injections.[4]

In addition to his studies on twins he did a number of horrifying experiments. Once he burned several Jewish prisoners in a gigantic oven to test how long it would take for the human body to get first, second and third degree burns at certain temperatures. He also tested how much force it would require to break a human skull.[citation needed]

Auschwitz prisoner Alex Dekel has said: "I have never accepted the fact that Mengele himself believed he was doing serious work — not from the slipshod way he went about it. He was only exercising his power. Mengele ran a butcher shop — major surgeries were performed without anesthesia. Once, I witnessed a stomach operation — Mengele was removing pieces from the stomach, but without any anesthetic. Another time, it was a heart that was removed, again, without anesthesia. It was horrifying. Mengele was a doctor who became mad because of the power he was given. Nobody ever questioned him — why did this one die? Why did that one perish? The patients did not count. He professed to do what he did in the name of science, but it was a madness on his part".[10]

Mengele's home in Hohenhau, Paraguay

After Auschwitz
When the SS abandoned the Auschwitz Camp on January 27, 1945, Mengele transferred to Groß Rosen camp in Lower Silesia, again working as camp physician. Groß Rosen was dissolved at the end of February when the Red Army was close to taking the camp.[11] Mengele worked in other camps for a short time and on May 2, joined a Wehrmacht medical unit led by his former colleague at the Institute of Hereditary Biology and Racial Hygiene, Hans Otto Kahler, in Bohemia. The unit hurried west to avoid being captured by the Soviets and were taken as POWs by the Americans. Mengele, initially registered under his own name, was released in June 1945 with papers giving his name as "Fritz Hollmann". From July 1945 until May 1949, he worked as a farmhand in a small village near Rosenheim, Bavaria, staying in contact with his wife and his old friend Hans Sedlmeier, who arranged Mengele's escape to Argentina via Innsbruck, Sterzing, Meran, and Genova. Mengele may have been assisted by the ODESSA network.[12]

Mengele in South America
In Buenos Aires, Mengele at first worked in construction, but soon came in contact with influential Germans, who allowed him an affluent lifestyle in subsequent years. He also received money from his family and from Sedlmeier. Mengele practiced medicine specializing in illegal abortions and was detained on one occasion for the death of a patient.[13] He also got to know other Nazis in Buenos Aires, such as Hans-Ulrich Rudel and Adolf Eichmann. In 1955, he bought a 50 percent share of a pharmaceutical company; the same year he divorced his wife, Irene. Three years later, he married Martha Mengele, the widow of his younger brother Karl Jr.; she then went to Argentina with her then 14-year-old son, Dieter. Mengele lived with his family in a German-owned boardinghouse in the Buenos Aires suburb of Vicente Lopez from 1958 to 1960.[14]

Mengele's home in Hohenhau, ParaguayAlthough he was doing well in South America, Mengele feared being captured, especially after news of Eichmann's capture and subsequent trial were revealed. Thus he left Argentina in 1962 and moved to Paraguay after managing to get a Paraguayan passport in the name of "José Mengele".[14]

Shortly after the capture of Eichmann in May 1960 by the Israeli Mossad, Mengele was spotted at his home. Agents of Mossad debated whether or not to also kidnap Mengele. However they still had Eichmann in a safe house inside Argentina, and determined it would not be possible to conduct another operation at the same time. By the time Eichmann had been brought out of the country, Mengele had escaped to Paraguay.[15] Mengele was a secondary objective of this operation, but was never found.

In his account of the operation, Isser Harel, Chief Executive of the Secret Services of Israel (1952-1963), who personally presided over the successful effort to capture Eichmann in Buenos Aires reports no sightings of Mengele in 1960, but feels they might have got him if they could have moved more quickly. When asked about the secondary target by the co-pilot who helped transport Eichmann at the time he claims to have told him that "had it been possible to start the operation several weeks earlier Mengele might also have been on the plane." When they checked on the last known location for Mengele in Argentina, he had apparently moved on just two weeks prior.[16]

Mengele hoped that Paraguay would be safer for him, as dictator Alfredo Stroessner was of German descent and even recruited former Nazis to help the country develop. Among other locations in Paraguay, he lived on the outskirts of Hohenhau, a German colony north of Encarnación in the department of Itapúa. His anxiety, however, haunted him, especially after he heard of the Mossad's abduction of Eichmann and the trial and execution in Israel. Using the identity of "Peter Hochbichler," he crossed the border to Brazil in 1960 and lived in São Paulo with the Austrian-born neo-Nazi Wolfgang Gerhard, who was a member of Hans-Ulrich Rudel's "Kameradenwerk".[citation needed]

According to a senior Mossad man, Israel had received reports that Mengele was in Brazil, but they kept this information to themselves. The Six Day War in 1967 forced concentration of resources on addressing the Arab threat. But after the war Israel decided to open an embassy in Asuncion, Paraguay--perhaps an ideal base from which to pursue Mengele. But Benjamin Weiser Varon, Israeli ambassador from 1968 to 1972, was "not given any instructions by the foreign office on Mengele of any kind. It wasn't even mentioned."

In absence of a "Mengele policy," Varon's standard answer to tips coming in to the embassy about the fugitive remained that the Israeli government was not searching for Mengele; the Federal Republic of Germany was. His concerns he stated thusly:

"I must confess I was not so eager to find Mengele. He presented a dilemma. Israel had less of a claim for his extradition than Germany. He was, after all, a German citizen who had committed his crimes in the name of the Third Reich. None of his victims was Israeli--Israel came into existence only several years later."[11]

The same year, Mengele moved to Nova Europa, about 200 kilometres (120 mi) outside São Paulo, where he lived with the Hungarian refugees Geza and Gitta Stammer, working as manager of their farm. In the seclusion of his Brazilian hideaway, Mengele became depressed, egomaniacal and aggressive, always fearing capture. In 1974, when his relationship with the Stammer family was coming to an end, Rudel and Gerhard discussed relocating Mengele to Bolivia where he could spend time with Klaus Barbie, but Mengele rejected this proposal. Instead, he lived in a bungalow in a suburb of São Paulo for the last years of his life. In 1977, his only son Rolf, never having known his father before, visited him there and found an unrepentant Nazi who claimed he "had never personally harmed anyone in his whole life".[12]

Mengele, whose health had been deteriorating for years, died on February 7, 1979, in Bertioga, Brazil, where he accidentally drowned or possibly suffered a stroke while swimming in the sea. He was buried in Embu das Artes under the name "Wolfgang Gerhard", whose ID card he had used since 1976.[17]

Mengele showed little regret or remorse for his crimes and expressed in a letter his astonishment and disgust over the remorseful position taken by Hitler's chief architect and Minister of Armaments, Albert Speer.[18]

In a 2008 book about Mengele, Argentine historian Jorge Camarasa speculated that Mengele, under the alias Rudolph Weiss, continued his human experimentation in South America and as a result of these experiments, a municipality in Brazil, Cândido Godói, has a very high birthrate of twin children: one in five pregnancies, with a substantial amount of the population looking Nordic.[19] His theory was rejected by Brazilian scientists who had studied twins living in the area; they suggested genetic factors within that community as a more likely explanation.[20]

Manhunt for Mengele
Mengele was listed on the Allies' list of war criminals as early as 1944. His name was mentioned in the Nuremberg trials several times, but Allied forces were convinced that Mengele was dead, which was also claimed by Irene and the family in Günzburg. In 1959, after suspicions had grown that he was still alive, given his divorce from Irene in 1955 and his marriage to Martha in 1958, an arrest warrant was issued by the German authorities. Subsequently, German attorneys, such as Fritz Bauer, Israel's Mossad, and private investigators like Simon Wiesenthal and Beate Klarsfeld followed the trail of the "Angel of Death". The last confirmed sightings of Mengele placed him in Paraguay, and it was believed that he was still hiding there, allegedly protected by Hans-Ulrich Rudel and possibly even by president Alfredo Stroessner. Mengele sightings were reported all over the world, but they turned out to be false.

In 1985, the German police raided Hans Sedlmeier's house in Günzburg and seized address books, letters and papers hinting at the grave in Embu. Mengele was exhumed on 6 June, 1985 and identified with high probability by forensic experts from UNICAMP. Rolf Mengele issued a statement saying that he "had no doubt it was the remains of his father".[12] Everything was kept quiet "to protect those who knew him in South America", Rolf said. In 1992, a DNA test confirmed Mengele's identity. He had evaded capture for 34 years.

After the exhumation, the São Paulo Institute for Forensic Medicine stored his remains and attempted to repatriate them to the remaining Mengele family members. The bones have remained in the custody of Dr. Rubens Maluf, owing to the family's refusal to accept them.[21]

In the 21st century
On September 17, 2007, the U.S. Holocaust Museum released photographs taken from a photo album of Auschwitz staff, which contained eight photographs of Mengele. The eight photos of Mengele are the first authenticated pictures of him at Auschwitz, museum officials said.[22]

Josef Mengele's father was a founder of Karl Mengele farm machinery for milling, sawing and baling, which produces major farm machinery under the name Mengele. Dr. Mengele's grandson Christian Mengele is an artist living in Hollywood

From the film

'Angel Heart'

Last edited by James Casbolt; 09-04-2009 at 01:52 PM.