Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:35 AM   #1
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Trying Times

I represent Native Americans on a state commission. Currently, I am battling a faction that wishes to make my commission obsolete. They have formed an alliance with people who cannot prove their Native American ancestry. They have attempted to smear me in email and one of my uncles unfortunately happens to be on the other side.

They call themselves the Alliance, but they are an uneasy Alliance. Such name conjures up images of the Rebel Alliance, with the exception that they are no longer the rebels.

I will continue to take a stand against these crooks. They will not succeed in their power grab. I have had trouble sleeping and concentrating. They are messing with my mind. I need help to let it go. If they succeed, I will not give up.

Please, if you wish, send positive energy my way and I will do back in kind. I have been told by elders in my clan that I am their future and their confidence helps mine.

I knew this kind of battle would come along in my life. I didn't know where. I didn't know when but I am seeing it now.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:51 AM   #2
PilotSimone
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Trying Times

Absolutely! It is done!

You are such a blessing to this board, btw.
PilotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

You're all probably right HJ - that's usually how it goes. BUT - absolutely stay true to you and yours!!

Sending you LOTS of gobsmack!! Maybe you're also a peacekeeper.

The origin of sign language is Native American - for trade & relations between peoples. Many more people are twin spirited (or triple) even. What you're talking about seems like what's happened here with Metis etc.

Can't exactly drain off the blood and measure.

Stand your ground. Be kind. See how or if the a**holes respond. If they don't be nice back, then, just kill them (<< words, buddy, words).

Write a poem.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

They are certainly corrupt elements and are going to be stopped one way or another.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:19 AM   #5
Firstlook
Avalon Senior Member

I wish you all the strength you need.

Goodluck my friend.

Peace
Firstlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

HJ, you could try something really new!!

How many women are involved in this Commission of yours? I ask because it's a big issue up north. For instance, an aboriginal woman who married a white man lost her status (so did the children). However, an aboriginal man who married a white woman - no problem for the children! (I actually don't know if the white wife gained Indian status.)

Twist it up.

WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR REGISTRATION?

Over the years, there have been many rules for deciding who is eligible for registration as an Indian under the Indian Act. Important changes were made to the Act in June 1985, when Parliament passed Bill C-31, An Act to Amend the Indian Act, to bring it into line with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

The amendments:

* repeal discriminatory provisions of the Act, such as those related to gender, marriage and enfranchisement
* restore status and membership to persons who lost their status under previous legislation
* give First Nations the option of assuming control of their membership

If you are in one of the following categories, you may be able to restore your status as a Registered Indian:

* women who lost their status by marrying a man who was not a Status Indian
* children who lost their status because of their mother's marriage
* most people who were enfranchised (agreed to give up their status)
* children who lost their status at age 21 because their mother and their father's mother did not have status under the Indian Act before marriage
* children of unmarried women with status under the Act whose registration was successfully protested because their father did not have status under the Act

You may also be eligible to be registered as an Indian if one or both of your parents are eligible for registration.
http://www.afn.ca/article.asp?id=1714

Good luck with the corruption.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Alliance = A Clan Lie
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:26 AM   #8
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Alliance = A Clan Lie
Exactly!

Of the 3 groups vying for recognition, only 1 has a barely legitimate claim! One clan doesnt' even exist anymore and they were still allowed to testify? The other clan is run by a fraud that has been trying to fool TWO states into recognizing her clan when she will not provide geneological records upon request to prove that she has indian blood.

This stuff is quite commonplace where I live. It's bad enough that the state I'm in barely recognizes the main group and if these people got their way, the would get ALL of the power to decide who will and who will not be recognized.

That's like leaving the fox in charge of the hen house!

I have gotten several emails of support from people for standing up. I am aware that the main group will attempt to dig up my past to smear me.

I can't say much more but this is how I will make an impact by stopping this injustice and hopefully succeeding in getting the power for my commission to decide such things. We are a commission made up of 2 women and 3 men and most of us are from various clans, some who are not associated with the main group or Alliance.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:30 AM   #9
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
HJ, you could try something really new!!

How many women are involved in this Commission of yours? I ask because it's a big issue up north. For instance, an aboriginal woman who married a white man lost her status (so did the children). However, an aboriginal man who married a white woman - no problem for the children! (I actually don't know if the white wife gained Indian status.)

Twist it up.

WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR REGISTRATION?

Over the years, there have been many rules for deciding who is eligible for registration as an Indian under the Indian Act. Important changes were made to the Act in June 1985, when Parliament passed Bill C-31, An Act to Amend the Indian Act, to bring it into line with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

The amendments:

* repeal discriminatory provisions of the Act, such as those related to gender, marriage and enfranchisement
* restore status and membership to persons who lost their status under previous legislation
* give First Nations the option of assuming control of their membership

If you are in one of the following categories, you may be able to restore your status as a Registered Indian:

* women who lost their status by marrying a man who was not a Status Indian
* children who lost their status because of their mother's marriage
* most people who were enfranchised (agreed to give up their status)
* children who lost their status at age 21 because their mother and their father's mother did not have status under the Indian Act before marriage
* children of unmarried women with status under the Act whose registration was successfully protested because their father did not have status under the Act

You may also be eligible to be registered as an Indian if one or both of your parents are eligible for registration.
http://www.afn.ca/article.asp?id=1714

Good luck with the corruption.
Thanks for the information.

I have documented proof of my family tree and other records. My family started in this country when an Abenak woman married an English settler. I really don't want to say how but my brother and I both have more Abenaki blood than our parents. It's complicated.

I personally dislike blood quotas BUT there must be caution used when recognizing tribes/clans/individuals. It seems to be very easy to pose as an indian and reap the benefits that are supposed to be reserved for those with documentation. I have seen problems with this where I live.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #10
Light and Fight
Avalon Senior Member

Humble Janitor,
so this is the problem you have. I dont know your politics at all. What I see is; old woman points her finger, she is accusing. Old human bad energies, affecting you today. I see a small fire. It does not warm you enough. It does not matter if you light the fire again and again, if it is to small it will burn down. Dare to make a big fire! It is about you expressing yourself. The bad energy these people emit you can repel by practicing the old ways as you know and your elders know. That was what I saw in a quick glance. I send good energy to you now.
Light and Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:38 AM   #11
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Sending healing light, strength and guidance from the masters your way...we are always on the right path when we are in service of others and there will always be those who will attack and try to bring those of a virtuous heart down. You a tremendous amount of assistance from the spirit world, all you need to do is ask...and it will be done!

Blessings HJ!
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:58 AM   #12
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendingStarseed View Post
Sending healing light, strength and guidance from the masters your way...we are always on the right path when we are in service of others and there will always be those who will attack and try to bring those of a virtuous heart down. You a tremendous amount of assistance from the spirit world, all you need to do is ask...and it will be done!

Blessings HJ!
Thank you. I am not alone in this battle. I know what hand the negative folks in this conflict will play. They are predictable.

It has quieted down but I sense that a wrench has been thrown in their plans. A huge wrench that could expose these goons, once and for all.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #13
Shaynard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
Please, if you wish, send positive energy my way and I will do back in kind. .
Definitely will do.

All the best in your struggles.. You will overcome!

in light, of love
Shaynard
Shaynard is offline   Reply With Quote