Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

View Poll Results: Where do you stand?
I am a willing New Age Movement member - and proud of it. 9 20.00%
I am NOT in the New Age Movement, why do people keep insisting that I am? 10 22.22%
I know ALL about the New Age Movement, and I can't STAND it. 11 24.44%
What is the New Age Movement? 15 33.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2009, 03:02 AM   #76
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Are you a part of the New Age Movement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiate View Post
Exactly. This is at the heart of it what Jesus came to teach. The Book was made to carry the message until man touched his spirit. The Beauty is in the imagery that transcended all corruption as long as man could seperate him self from the religeon that was attached to the book and see the true treasure within.
Yeah, like if you forget your oil, door closed, too bad you lose, forever. BYE BYE.

And if you're not ready in that hour, so long sucker.... And yeah, make sure you bear fruit, you know, either that or be thrown in the fire.

How inspiring!!!!

Jesus was NOT a teacher, if he was, why didn't Paul even mention it???

The sayings of Jesus were already around before he lived. It's a false religion and it makes no sense and it divides people in a really bad way.

A man who doesn't feed his family is EVEN WORSE than an unbeliever.

It's terrible. Sorry, no better than Islam, same terrible threats and weird ideas about God. Moses ordered his soldiers to keep the virgins and kill everybody else, you know. Solomon and David had harems, on and on...
New Age Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:16 AM   #77
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

If it doesn't resonate then surely it is just dogma attached to the traditons of the times in which it was written. Does this mean you should stop doing good things for others? If you do horrible things to others will not karma come and slap you in the face? Is this not just the same thing?
Initiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:22 AM   #78
arcora
Banned

Quote:
If it doesn't resonate then surely it is just dogma attached to the traditons of the times in which it was written. Does this mean you should stop doing good things for others? If you do horrible things to others will not karma come and slap you in the face? Is this not just the same thing?
still waiting to hear your thoughts on what jc taught.

inquiring minds want to know.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:25 AM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Ok. Just going to throw in my 2 cents if thats alright

Ignoring something because it seems unpleasant or doesn't make you feel good enough... now what is that?

It might not 'resonate' that the world is not a happy place nowadays. And hasn't been for as long back as we can go in recorded history. Just slowly getting worse, in different ways.

That doesn't mean to become part of the problem, but is putting oneself above others (i.e. "I am enlightened, I am such a good person", etc) really part of the solution? I think not, quite the opposite in fact.

Maybe you think I'm way off on this, but this is how new agers seem to me often times.

Bigotry and dogmatic BS is present on BOTH sides of the aisle, recognize that at least.
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:26 AM   #80
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Jesus came to teach us how it was possible to be all that we could be. His life is the leason. If one gives a leason is that not teaching?
Old 12-15-2009, 03:27 AM   #81
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
It means it's a false religion. It's not God telling Israel to mass murder, slice animal throats and stone people to death.

Israel is not God's chosen people, and Islam is just as false, same radical freaky claims and threats and pride.

So now there's something new, a New Age Messiah, a story that proves the "spiritual not religious" stuff is ultimate truth.

Innate goodness, Mother Nature, Goddess...

Ma'at.

The commands are already written on our hearts, so to speak. It's up to us to listen in conscience heart and spirit, all INNATE qualities that cannot be improved upon by effort, although intention and spiritual seeking seem like effort, ultimately it is learning how to be effortlessly, simply and naturally.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:28 AM   #82
arcora
Banned

Quote:
Jesus came to teach us how it was possible to be all that we could be. His life is the leason. If one gives a leason is that not teaching?
why couldn't you just say 'i don't know'?
Old 12-15-2009, 03:28 AM   #83
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 371 View Post
Ok. Just going to throw in my 2 cents if thats alright

But ignoring something because it seems unpleasant or doesn't make you feel good enough... now what is that?

It might not 'resonate' that the world is not a happy place nowadays. That doesn't mean to become part of the problem, but is putting oneself above others (i.e. "I am enlightened, I am such a good person", etc) really part of the solution? I think not, quite the opposite in fact.

Maybe you think I'm way off on this, but this is how new agers seem to me often times.

Bigotry and dogmatic BS is present on BOTH sides of the aisle, recognize that at least.
I agree. Should we not put aside the perceived differences and focus on what we all agree on. Instead of sticking labels on ourselves and saying we are "Christian" or we are "New Age". Were all human and going through one of the biggest events in Universal History. With a big full stop.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:31 AM   #84
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
All we have from Jesus, which is made up anyway...

but all we have is a few paragraphs, many of them kinda creepy, like the five virgins forgetting their oil, what's up with that??? It's weird. Stupid, too.

Jesus was supposedly willing to die, but so have billions of other people been wiling to die, and have died, and they didn't know they would be resurected.

So it's really no big deal no matter how you look at it.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:31 AM   #85
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
why couldn't you just say 'i don't know'?
I do know what I have learnt but I am not here to teach what Jesus taught. I am just voicing an opinion on why we are we arguing as opposed to what we are arguing about. As the messages to me seem the same in both camps if we ignore the dogma. The dogma is what seperates us not the spirit of the message. I would be happy to share what I know in private PM if you PM me.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:35 AM   #86
Banned

Quote:
If Jesus' life was a lesson... his last days were the final exam.

Mankind FAILED.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:36 AM   #87
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 371 View Post
If Jesus' life was a lesson... his last days were the final exam.

Mankind FAILED.
is not conquring the cycle of reincarnation the best lesson of all?
Old 12-15-2009, 03:36 AM   #88
arcora
Banned

Quote:
Put it this way.... I can't see the difference between what Jesus Taught and what the "New age" teach when you boil it all down and get to the heart and spirit behind both teachings.
Quote:
I do know what I have learnt but I am not here to teach what Jesus taught. I am just voicing an opinion on why we are we arguing as opposed to what we are arguing about. As the messages to me seem the same in both camps if we ignore the dogma. The dogma is what seperates us not the spirit of the message. I would be happy to share what I know in private PM if you PM me.
so tell us...

what did jc teach about dna activation?
co-creating?
what pleaidean channelers did he promote?

btw...public is fine

and who's arguing?
Old 12-15-2009, 03:37 AM   #89
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

Hello all.........

First off.........Good evening!

Just wanted to interject some observations if I might........

All Humans have THESE in Common: (pls add to this list if you will!)

Birth
Death
Joy
Sadness
Kindness
Abundance(of something)
struggles
goals
dreams
Need to feel loved.........

It really is more important to see how Humanity is so alike........and that there may be that proverbial "There are more than one way to skin a Cat"
(Which means there are many ways to do the same thing...)

In Light of Good will!!
Samarkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:42 AM   #90
Banned

Quote:
is not conquring the cycle of reincarnation the best lesson of all?
What does that mean?
Old 12-15-2009, 03:59 AM   #91
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

I hear some asking questions concerning the new age movement on this thread and in what context WS was using this term in a slanderous fashion. I cant say for certain I will represent this well as I will try to be brief and summarize this as best I can because this subject alone could fill books. (disclaimer - these are my thoughts...I am no authority on the matter, please dont take offense to anything written here or feel I am trying to pigeon hole anyone into any set belief system ( I don't know you) - I am just reporting the dialectic here - thanks)

on a side note: I have researched alot of material in this area of cultural/social development since the 70s and it is very very convoluted and there are so many movements happening simultaneously now that I can simply no longer keep track of what is happening....who is who...and what is dangerous and what is not (it was much easier int he 70s). So in the end I have come to the conclusion that both of these schools of thought are defiantly not mutually exclusive at all...I think they are both happening at the same time. This makes perfect sense because it makes it that much harder to pinpoint what exactly is happening.

but I digress: onward

There has in the past, when Avalon first opened, been many arguments and heated debates concerning a conflict between the two main schools of thought concerning the new age movement. If you go some searching, digging, and rummage through the "Spirituality" forum on Avalon you can go read them for yourself and find many well researched and well presented threads on this matter and the debate that ensues from them.

The two schools of thought are:

1) Aliens are really the demons of old who are now appearing in a form (perhaps even their true form) that will allow them to be accepted by us unwittingly, with open arms an fully cooperating with them in what ever plans they have for us....disguised in the form of helping us save ourselves from ourselves. Now laugh if you will but there are many references in many of the sacred texts around the world that support and warn against such deceptions by such creatues. for instance - Stargates which have been recently brought into the equation as well as jump rooms and such lead credence to some of the passages in Revelations and other eschatology concerning the influx of demons and otherworldly creatures (ie the bottomless pit mentioned in revelations concerning the 7 trumpets etc etc.) that will wreak havoc on the world. To many these things have been prophecies to come to pass. And were you to step into their world and wear their shoes...it certainly seems it could have some merit.)

anyone who knows about channeling and the inherit dangers therein must admit there is real spiritual entities who would like nothing more than to cause us harm and wreak havoc, and have no remorse in doing so. Thus you will find many people in this school of thought who are convinced that ALL aliens are bad, deceivers and such etc etc)

Stop an think about it a moment. From the fundamental Christian viewpoint the whole UFO/Alien ideology alone flies in the face of their core belief system even in tandem of recent positive upgrades to the Christian perspective concerning a geocentric relationship between the creator and life itself as becoming obsolete. Now add to that a scenario in which we invite ETs down here to live/work alongside us in a quest to "re-structure" this broken system we have been living under, to re-invent the world into a better place for all...complete with gifts of telepathy and other physic upgrades is a really ripe situation for a deceptive take-over, asked for an allowed by the fooled masses which, according to most eschatology, will be most everyone but the "enlightened".

To add fuel to that fire...much of the terminology and influence you enjoy in this new era of enlightenment is not new at all...but has been handed down via an engineered movement called the new age movement that started moving fast in the late 1800s early 1900s...and can be traced back as far as the late 1700s by the likes of Alice Baily, Helena Blavatsky and the Theosophical Society (too many to list...but if you want to research...start with these guys) in association with the likes of Alister Crowley and alot of Nazi influence later on....to culminate into a purposeful artificial "upgrade" to most of the major world religions which started shortly after the end of WWII, which would allow an easier "melding" of the theologies into a one world religion of secularism and bland scientific viewpoint of old world religions. This one world religion will be a vehicle that will ease the transition towards a new world order as well....all of the pillars of life will become new and improved, and it will seem as thought it all came from the masses when much of it has been and prob still being engineered. Hey...some claim they did it with Christianity....do you think they couldn't do it again in these modern times? Some believe that is what is happening now.

Many who are alarmed by this notion see the zeitgeist movement as one of the most organized of the attacks on the old world religions and one of the first worldwide viral attacks by the nefarious entities behind the "engineered new age movement" to replace all religions and bring in a new era that would fulfill Lucifer's plans to dominate the world as the world cheers him on. One of the main characteristics of the engineered new age movement is the introductions of MASTERS and WORLD TEACHERS here to continue our education in spiritual matters, new spiritual leaders to replace the spot Jesus held during the Piscean age, while being passed the messiah torch to carry on the good work.

Some of the main characters are Saint Germain, El Morya, and a host of ASCENDED MASTERS joined in a unified front known as the GREAT WHITE BROTHERHOOD, containing world teachers and gurus gathered from all of the world religions (Jesus has been demoted to ascended master status in their eyes now instead of a GOD, lord....sitting on the throne in heaven etc etc) so all cultures will be able to relate and celebrate this new religion that includes elements of all...much like the how Constantinople did at Nicene with the inclusion of many pagan rituals and holidays to please the masses with the new Christianity (if you are familiar with the story - I don't know for sure what happened...I wasn't there).

So you can see how threatened many are and will be when we are to have...a new Jesus figure....the idea that we are Gods and no longer need to look to one as a creator source....that we are all co-creators - is very threatening to the old ways. An upgrade to some...while a abomination to others.

The fundamental flaw in this IMHO - it is unwise to make a blanket statement that ALL aliens are bad...that as we have gotten to the point where it is almost ludicrous to ignore the fact there the universe is teaming with life...intelligent life, and could be visiting here...or already living here among us. Yet if you are a bible thump-er at heart...you are probably as paranoid as a cat in a rocking chair factory right about now. it is probably no accident that this engineered movement which has been culminated and is now converging right at this point in history when TRUE first contact and GOV disclosure and the unveiling of 70 years of lies is imminent.

Which brings us to the second main school of thought:

2) this will be much easier to relate because we are all a part of it and have been immersed in it, are dissecting it, have been living it for decades now. We are indeed approaching a new age. We have 2012, the age of Aquarius, new age enlightenment and so many other exciting and world changing views coming to focus of the mass consciousness of this planet. We are in the midst of a great awakening that makes the Renascence pale by comparison. We are in the midst of a point of know return scenario and engineered or not the outcome is uncertain and in the hands of the masses as it seems WE will be the deciding factor in all of this. Depopulation takes on a whole new meaning in this context doesn't it?

As Wilcock puts it well...a convergence.

While I do not prescribe to the alarmist viewpoint, it is prudent to understand that we here...are on the front lines as far as the population goes, cutting edge understanding, with the white hats fighting for us behind the curtain and a real and verifiable threat of dark sinister forces trying to not only maintain their control of the sheep, but to tighten their grip and do what ever they can to make managing us even more the easier, we are probably the most vulnerable to attack by these guys as it will be (IS) our views and understanding that will bleed out to the mass consciousness network.

Perhaps this is why there are so many other races/species interested in our drama as it will ultimately effect them as well, or already has in the future. Most of the "contact" that was made during the 1800s and 1900s that spawned the desire/need to engineer a spiritual movement of this magnitude was done so through channeling, seances, spirit guides, occult ritual etc etc and some of the pictures drawn of spirit guides and MAHATMAS, by those involved, look very very reptilian.

As I said above...I think both scenarios are happening simultaneously and are so intertwined that I can no longer make heads or tails of all the new stuff. There is so much channeling, contactees, abductions, and other related info coming out that is happening and has been for years that incredible things have now become the "normal background noise" an no longer stands out against what used to be the mundane. Thus cognitive dissonance has now become an almost prerequisite to discovering any truths. this is why it is so difficult to start out studying this information. I think that is no accident.

hope this helps on understanding the negative aspects of all of this, and I feel confident that this is what WS was refering to when the used the term "new age movement"

peace

Last edited by Heretic; 12-15-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:03 AM   #92
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
so tell us...

what did jc teach about dna activation?
co-creating?
what pleaidean channelers did he promote?

btw...public is fine

and who's arguing?
1) DNA Activation

This is a new age concept relating to the transformation into Fully Christed Beings. In the bible the best match would be from revelation where those that are dead will be risen and those that hear the call of the trumpet will be transformed.

2) co-creating. This is a concept that we all create our reality. "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do". Condeming an innocent man to death for speaking the truth. The kingdom of heaven is a footstep away. Thy will be done and not mine. If we choose our own path then we step further away from the will of god. We create our realities through the choices we make. We know not what we do by the wrong choices we make.

3) There have always been prophets receiving visions. Jesus acknowledged the prophets.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:05 AM   #93
Banned

Quote:
1) DNA Activation

This is a new age concept relating to the transformation into Fully Christed Beings. In the bible the best match would be from revelation where those that are dead will be risen and those that hear the call of the trumpet will be transformed.

Are you saying when DNA activation occurs we become GOD??

Last edited by 371; 12-15-2009 at 04:09 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:05 AM   #94
arcora
Banned

Quote:
1) DNA Activation

2) co-creating. This is a concept that we all create our reality. "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do". Condeming an innocent man to death for speaking the truth. The kingdom of heaven is a footstep away. Thy will be done and not mine. If we choose our own path then we step further away from the will of god. We create our realities through the choices we make. We know not what we do by the wrong choices we make.

3) There have always been prophets receiving visions. Jesus acknowledged the prophets.
now i see where we have the confusion

ok....and when did jc say he was here in peace and love?

please provide the chapter/verse

Last edited by arcora; 12-15-2009 at 04:15 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:10 AM   #95
arcora
Banned

Quote:

heck...don't want to make you read the whole book...

just tell me what this means and which new age school of thought teaches the same

Quote:
Matthew 10:34 - "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword"
Old 12-15-2009, 04:23 AM   #96
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
now i see where we have the confusion

Ephesians 6:23

Peace be with you, dear brothers and sisters, and may God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you love with faithfulness.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:28 AM   #97
arcora
Banned

Quote:
Ephesians 6:23

Peace be with you, dear brothers and sisters, and may God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you love with faithfulness.
jc didn't say that...paul did
Old 12-15-2009, 04:29 AM   #98
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
heck...don't want to make you read the whole book...

just tell me what this means and which new age school of thought teaches the same
The historical context, we should recall, is Jewish culture, as Jesus ministers to his own people. He sends out the twelve disciples to the "lost sheep of Israel," not yet to the gentiles, who will be reached after the Resurrection. It is not surprising, historically speaking, that he would spread his word by proclamation to his own, by Jewish disciples. Second, he predicts that some towns may not receive the disciples and that the authorities may put them on trial and flog them. In that eventuality, they should shake the dust off their feet, pray for them, and flee to another city. Third, it is only natural that first-century Jews may not understand this new sect or "Jesus movement" (as sociologists of the New Testament call it), so they resist it. Does this mean, then, that Jesus calls for a holy war with a physical, military sword against his fellow Jews—say, against his own family who wanted to take custody of him because they thought he was "out of his mind" (Mark 3:21)?

Next, those cultural facts explain the immediate literary context, which shows division among family members. The context must be quoted in full to explain the meaning of "sword" in Matthew 10:34 (bold print):

32 "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven. 34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household [Micah 7:6]
37 Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

The one key element in this lengthy passage is the word "sword," and its meaning is now clear. It indicates that following Jesus in his original Jewish society may not bring peace to a family, but may "split" it up, the precise function of a metaphorical sword. Are his disciples ready for that? This kind of spiritual sword invisibly severs a man from his father, and daughter from her mother, and so on (Micah 7:6). Given Jesus’ own family resistance early on (they later came around), it is only natural he would say that no matter what the cost, one must follow him to the end, even if it means giving up one’s family. But this applies only if the family rejects the new convert, not if the family accepts him in his new faith; he must not reject them, because the whole point of Jesus’ advent is to win as many people to his side as possible, even if this divides the world in two, but never violently.

Furthermore, we can reference the larger textual context in the Gospel of Matthew. In the Garden of Gethsemane, during the hour when Jesus was betrayed and arrested, Peter struck off the ear of the servant of the high priest in order to protect his Lord. But Jesus tells him to stop.

Matthew 26:52-53 says:

52 "Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?" (NIV)

Jesus denounces violence to accomplish the will of God—at least as Peter imagines the will of God. Then Jesus says that he has more than twelve legions of angels at his disposal. He did not come to crush the Roman Empire. Instead, he willingly lays down his life and dies for the sins of the whole world. Will it accept this wonderful gift?

Context is everything. Words taken out of context loose their true meaning.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:30 AM   #99
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Re: Mat 10:34

Because he came as catalyst.

(Its interesting to me that it is said this way, as it implies it was a choice he made, a mission undertaken)

Quote:
10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
I read this as that he set himself against the status quo of the time

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:32 AM   #100
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Re: Mat 10:34

Because he came as catalyst.
I disagree. I read it as He came not to unite, but to divide...